Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

When Hell Go To Hell - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Hell Go To Hell (2638 Views)

All Haters Should Proceed To Hell - PA To Pastor David Ibiyieome Address Haters / Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Hell Go To Hell by brocab: 2:06pm On May 24, 2018
Is that the Ashley S Palmer story?
johnw47:

no can do, i'm spending my little time online at the moment with reverad satanists
God bless
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by brocab: 2:10pm On May 24, 2018
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by johnw47: 2:10pm On May 24, 2018
brocab:
Is that the Ashley S Palmer story?

haven't heard of that, by the way i'm posting as johnw47 now, the johnw74 account stopped working on my computer for some reason,
it still works with smart phone but i prefer to go online with my computer
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by brocab: 2:13pm On May 24, 2018
No worries, ever which way you claim to be, Johnw 74-or 47 we know it's you..
johnw47:

haven't heard of that, by the way i'm posting as johnw47 now, the johnw74 account stopped working on my computer for some reason,
it still works with smart phone but i prefer to go online with my computer
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Jozzy4: 3:45pm On May 24, 2018
johnw47:
" and death and hell were casted into the Lake Of Fire" - Rev 20:14

it's very simple, "hell" is clearly referring to the grave
death and the grave being cast into the Lake of Fire means there will be no more death or grave

death and grave cannot be literally cast into the LoF, smiley

the next verse however is literal:
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Hell is grave Lol . nice .

The Bold explains what happen to everything thrown into the lake of fire.
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by johnw47: 11:49pm On May 24, 2018
Jozzy4:

of course hell in that verse is referring to the grave, oh duh one
death and grave being thrown into the lake of fire means there will be death and grave no more
you cannot literally throw death and grave anywhere

but when you are literally thrown into the LoF jozz, means you will be burnt up and be no more also, oh duh jozz

Pro_13:16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.

ok i'm back brocab smiley
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by johnw47: 12:10am On May 25, 2018
Jozzy4:

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

hell
G86

ᾅδης
hadēs
hah'-dace
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1492; properly unseen, that is, “Hades” or the place (state) of departed souls: - grave, hell.
Total KJV occurrences: 11

even the context of what is said shows a person of even low intelligence that hell there = grave
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by johnw47: 12:21am On May 25, 2018
Jozzy4:

you jozz and other false jw have been trying to show that hell in rev 20:14 is place of fire where the lost go(LoF)
which is thrown into the Lake of Fire, oh duh
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by johnw47: 12:40am On May 25, 2018
Jozzy4:

so hell-hades in discussed verse is grave
however hell-geenna is LoF, it is also a valley in Jerusalem

hell
G1067

γέεννα
geenna
gheh'-en-nah
Of Hebrew origin ([H1516] and [H2011]); valley of (the son of) Hinnom; gehenna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment: - hell.
Total KJV occurrences: 12

see that the punishment in hell is everlasting, what do you think that means jozz?

hell-grave-hades:
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

hell-LoF-geenna:
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by johnw47: 1:03am On May 25, 2018
Jozzy4:
Anas09 ran away grin grin

from you? you must be deluded
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by johnw47: 1:08am On May 25, 2018
Jozzy4:

grin

" Beloved ones, do not belive every inspired expresion, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many False Prophet have gone forth into the world" - 1 John 4:1

Where is that nonsense @bold in the bible?
i don't agree with the person either, or the person he was quoting, but show where either of them gave prophecy
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Jozzy4: 11:16am On May 25, 2018
johnw47:

so hell-hades in discussed verse is grave
however hell-geenna is LoF, it is also a valley in Jerusalem

hell
G1067

γέεννα
geenna
gheh'-en-nah
Of Hebrew origin ([H1516] and [H2011]); valley of (the son of) Hinnom; gehenna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment: - hell.
Total KJV occurrences: 12

see that the punishment in hell is everlasting, what do you think that means jozz?

hell-grave-hades:

hell-LoF-geenna:
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

You have petty knowledge .

The rich man in Luke 16 was in Grave too , agreed ?
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Jozzy4: 11:19am On May 25, 2018
johnw47:

death and grave being thrown into the lake of fire means there will be death and grave no more

but when you are literally thrown into the LoF jozz, means you will be burnt up and be no more also, oh duh jozz

Pro_13:16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.

Very fine @ blue . grin grin grin

Truth will always prevail .
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Anas09: 7:51pm On May 25, 2018
johnw47:

from you? you must be deluded
Imagine the JW. lol.
@ Jozzy4, Why will i run away? And, if i will run would it be from you?

Guy, i am busy. i have a life.
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Anas09: 8:43pm On May 25, 2018
Jozzy4:
@ Anas09 , thanks for your input

But I pick another translation and see HADES , are you saying the King James Version is wrong for rendering hades as hell ? undecided

And pls my second question is : what is Hade's ?
Jozzy4, You and i know that the Bible was translated from the original languages which it was written, being Greek, Hebrew and Latin. So, if we are to understand Words or terms used [within contexts] in the translated versions what we should do is go back to the original language and begin looking at their meaning from there. (OT-Hebrew, NT Greek and Latin), this is the only way we can know for sure what the terms mean.

Now, Hades and Sheol are used interchangeably to mean the same thing but sometimes, sheol is used to mean the literal 6feet grave which all humans gets buried into after death. Hades is a Greek word which means a location in the realm of the Spirit and it is used several times to describe the World of the dead, the abode of the dead, the nether world, the world of the departed Spirits, all these as used by different translations as in Isaiah 38:18, Isa 28:15, Ps 16:10. Isa 14:9 &10 Job 10:21, Eccl 9:10 and many more.

Jehovah's Witnesses refuses to call this term 'The world of the dead, but prefer 'Gehenna (which still means the world of the dead anyways), because if they do, their doctrine of 'No life after death will be in question.
Read these scriptures from other translations and you'd see for yourself.

The same term is used all over the New Testament mostly by the Lord Jesus Himself.

Hellfire which burns with brimestone is mentioned only once in the Bible and in Revelation, 'The Lake of Fire', Rev. 20:14.

Hades according to the Lord Jesus is where Abraham, Lazarus and the rich man are, and also the dead saints who resurrected after the Earth quake at Jesus' death and walked in Jerusalem.

Hades by what the Master said is a location with 2 compartment, the part where the sinners wait for resurrection has torment by fire and the part where the saints wait doesn't. According to the Master, both the dead Saints and Sinners can see themselves but can not cross over to either sides.

Hades is where the Lord Jesus went while lying dead on the Tomb for 3days.

Hades is where Peter talked about in 1Peter 3: 18-20

Good News Translation
For Christ died for sins once and for all, a good man on behalf of sinners, in order to lead you to God.
He was put to death physically, but made alive spiritually, and in his spiritual existence he went and preached to the imprisoned spirits. [In the world of the dead]

These were the spirits of those who had not obeyed God when he waited patiently during the days that Noah was building his boat.

I'm waiting for you to tell me that the Story of Lazarus and the Rich man is an Allegory, then you'd have to tell me if there was ever a man by name Abraham.
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Anas09: 10:24pm On May 25, 2018
Jozzy4:

Hmmm. Bros, there's no truth in JW.
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Nobody: 8:03am On May 26, 2018
No! You didn't get it right, hell smaller size went to HELL bigger size because the fire in the smaller one isn't as intense as the bigger one,that is why the bigger one could contain Death and Satan and Demons and the smaller hell altogether. Please give me a round of applause. cool cool cool Mumuscious people, when we're telling them that God's Spirit to interpret sacred secrets is given to someone people who will explain to others they'll say "no" everybody wants to explain what has been revealed only to those the whom Holy Spirit deals. Please ask them to explain what "Babylon the Great" called the harlot,"Wild beast" having seven heads and ten horns,"Water" that the dragon vomits from it's mouth and the "Earth" that came to rescue the woman all means. Revelation 17:5,7 12:15,17
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Blackfire(m): 8:15am On May 26, 2018
Anas09:

Jozzy4, You and i know that the Bible was translated from the original languages which it was written, being Greek, Hebrew and Latin. So, if we are to understand Words or terms used [within contexts] in the translated versions what we should do is go back to the original language and begin looking at their meaning from there. (OT-Hebrew, NT Greek and Latin), this is the only way we can know for sure what the terms mean.

Now, Hades and Sheol are used interchangeably to mean the same thing but sometimes, sheol is used to mean the literal 6feet grave which all humans gets buried into after death. Hades is a Greek word which means a location in the realm of the Spirit and it is used several times to describe the World of the dead, the abode of the dead, the nether world, the world of the departed Spirits, all these as used by different translations as in Isaiah 38:18, Isa 28:15, Ps 16:10. Isa 14:9 &10 Job 10:21, Eccl 9:10 and many more.

Jehovah's Witnesses refuses to call this term 'The world of the dead, but prefer 'Gehenna (which still means the world of the dead anyways), because if they do, their doctrine of 'No life after death will be in question.

The same term is used all over the New Testament mostly by the Lord Jesus Himself.

Hellfire which burns with brimestone is mentioned only once in the Bible and in Revelation, 'The Lake of Fire', Rev. 20:14.

Hades according to the Lord Jesus is where Abraham, Lazarus and the rich man are, and also the dead saints who resurrected after the Earth quake at Jesus' death and walked in Jerusalem.

Hades by what the Master said is a location with 2 compartment, the part where the sinners wait for resurrection has torment by fire and the part where the saints wait doesn't. According to the Master, both the dead Saints and Sinners can see themselves but can not cross over to either sides.

Good News Translation
For Christ died for sins once and for all, a good man on behalf of sinners, in order to lead you to God.
He was put to death physically, but made alive spiritually, and in his spiritual existence he went and preached to the imprisoned spirits. [In the world of the dead]

These were the spirits of those who had not obeyed God when he waited patiently during the days that Noah was building his boat.

I'm waiting for you to tell me that the Story of Lazarus and the Rich man is an Allegory, then you'd have to tell me if there was ever a man by name Abraham.

Chai...

I fear You.
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Anas09: 2:13pm On May 26, 2018
Blackfire:

Chai...

I fear You.
Wot eye do? na Bible i quote o, no be me write am.lol
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Anas09: 2:18pm On May 26, 2018
Riofidelio:
No! You didn't get it right, hell smaller size went to HELL bigger size because the fire in the smaller one isn't as intense as the bigger one,that is why the bigger one could contain Death and Satan and Demons and the smaller hell altogether. Please give me a round of applause. cool cool cool Mumuscious people, when we're telling them that God's Spirit to interpret sacred secrets is given to someone people who will explain to others they'll say "no" everybody wants to explain what has been revealed only to those the whom Holy Spirit deals. Please ask them to explain what "Babylon the Great" called the harlot,"Wild beast" having seven heads and ten horns,"Water" that the dragon vomits from it's mouth and the "Earth" that came to rescue the woman all means. Revelation 17:5,7 12:15,17
My dearest, most people depend only on the written word of God, [Logos or the letter of the word], but the spirit of the Word eludes them.

To the Jehovah's witnesses, whatever they need the Holy Spirit to interpret becomes Allegory.

There is no Christianity without the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Jozzy4: 7:00pm On May 26, 2018
Anas09:

Hades by what the Master said is a location with 2 compartment,
the part where the sinners wait for resurrection has torment by fire and the part where the saints wait doesn't. According to the Master, both the dead Saints and Sinners can see themselves but can not cross over to either sides.

Good News Translation

Even lying on Jesus grin grin

To defend a lie , more lies Need to be told ... Despite you didn't address Hades as used in Rev 20:14 Yet . kindly Show me the bolded in Luke 16 , am waiting .

2. If Sheol and Hades are same , Do you accept Hades mean grave too ?

Lastly, what does it mean that Hades or hell is thrown into the lake or fire - be no more, or burning forever ?
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Jozzy4: 7:17pm On May 26, 2018
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by brocab: 8:34am On May 27, 2018
Good enjoy the ride! The JW's need you, they need the competition..
johnw47:

Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Nobody: 9:32am On May 27, 2018
Anas09:

My dearest, most people depend only on the written word of God, [Logos or the letter of the word], but the spirit of the Word eludes them.

To the Jehovah's witnesses, whatever they need the Holy Spirit to interpret becomes Allegory.

There is no Christianity without the Holy Spirit.
Hmmmmmmmmm every religious group "including Jehovah's witnesses" are claiming the Holy Spirit is guiding them during the interpretation of the word of God yet there is contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines so in that aspect all religious groups are even. So what's the evidence of God's Holy Spirit? It's the wisdom afterwards! Let's consider on a grand scale the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of their interpretation in the face of lasting benefits in the case of those adhering to such interpretations. That's the ONLY you can prove that God's Holy Spirit is truly guiding a religious group!
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by brocab: 9:45am On May 27, 2018
This is why we know the Holy Spirit doesn't guild the JW's, only because you don't bring bible truth to us..
By their we will know them, and sadly we know you, and what doctrine you bring to our doors, and sadly it isn't the Word of God as we know it,
you bring in the watchtower literature, again this has nothing to do with the Word of God.
Holy Spirit filled believers, stick by the Word of God, they teach it, they preach it, they live by it, they rely on it, they don't change it, nor do they add to it, they believe it. "Just like the Spirit of God believes, "We believe!
Riofidelio:
Hmmmmmmmmm every religious group "including Jehovah's witnesses" are claiming the Holy Spirit is guiding them during the interpretation of the word of God yet there is contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines so in that aspect all religious groups are even. So what's the evidence of God's Holy Spirit? It's the wisdom afterwards! Let's consider on a grand scale the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of their interpretation in the face of lasting benefits in the case of those adhering to such interpretations. That's the ONLY you can prove that God's Holy Spirit is truly guiding a religious group!
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Nobody: 9:57am On May 27, 2018
brocab:
This is why we know the Holy Spirit doesn't guild the JW's, only because you don't bring bible truth to us..
By their we will know them, and sadly we know you, and what doctrine you bring to our doors, and sadly it isn't the Word of God as we know it,
you bring in the watchtower literature, again this has nothing to do with the Word of God.
Holy Spirit filled believers, stick by the Word of God, they teach it, they live by it, and they rely on it, they don't change it, nor do they add to it, they believe it. "Just like the Spirit of God does!
Observers are noticing the effectiveness of different interpretations on the attitude,lifestyle and how fine those adhering to such interpretations are doing in the neighborhood. So anyone can say "i've got the Holy Spirit" and "you don't have the Holy Spirit". But Glory to Jehovah in the highest because "wisdom is justified by her children" says a wise teacher! Luke 7:35
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Anas09: 11:34pm On May 27, 2018
Riofidelio:
What do you mean by 'Practical Application?', and, did the JW tell you they depend on the Holy Spirit for rhema?
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by brocab: 3:02am On May 28, 2018
In your own words, who is the Holy Spirit? And how does the Spirit teach us, and what is the fruit of the Spirit?
Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
People have always claimed to be some what Spirit filled, but they never claim to have faith, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?
Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
You defiantly do have a spirit, but not the Holy Spirit residing in you, "Charles Russell was a Mason he was a false prophet, his spirit resides in your spirit, Russell always taught about works, without faith.
Russell never knew Christ-visa versa, His sheep follow Him, and Russell never followed Him, Russell knew not His voice, nor do you know His voice! If you knew His voice, You would believe that there is one God.
In record we can see that the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses believe in a two-gods system.
(In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God - changed to - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a God)
Do they know "Even the demons believe there is one God—and tremble!
Riofidelio:
Observers are noticing the effectiveness of different interpretations on the attitude,lifestyle and how fine those adhering to such interpretations are doing in the neighborhood. So anyone can say "i've got the Holy Spirit" and "you don't have the Holy Spirit". But Glory to Jehovah in the highest because "wisdom is justified by her children" says a wise teacher! Luke 7:35
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Nobody: 8:04am On May 28, 2018
Anas09:

What do you mean by 'Practical Application?', and, did the JW tell you they depend on the Holy Spirit for rhema?
The Bible was written under the inspiration of God's Holy Spirit, most story lines are easy to grasp but the useful lessons for readers to put what they're reading into political use needs the intervention of the Holy Spirit. That's why you're seeing most people carrying the Bible today misbehaving (including those who claims to be teachers of the word) because they're carrying the Bible for selfish purposes so they can't grasp the practical applications thereof. Knowledge has been defined as the accumulation of useful information but Wisdom is the practical applications of accumulated information for lasting benefits, so while knowledge is accessible to all Wisdom is granted to FEW and it's those few that everyone needs to IDENTIFY in order to benefit themselves!
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by Anas09: 3:19pm On May 28, 2018
Riofidelio:
The Bible was written under the inspiration of God's Holy Spirit, most story lines are easy to grasp but the useful lessons for readers to put what they're reading into political use needs the intervention of the Holy Spirit. That's why you're seeing most people carrying the Bible today misbehaving (including those who claims to be teachers of the word) because they're carrying the Bible for selfish purposes so they can't grasp the practical applications thereof. Knowledge has been defined as the accumulation of useful information but Wisdom is the practical applications of accumulated information for lasting benefits, so while knowledge is accessible to all Wisdom is granted to FEW and it's those few that everyone needs to IDENTIFY in order to benefit themselves!
I see.
Re: When Hell Go To Hell by johnw47: 7:09am On May 30, 2018
Jozzy4:

of course it's truth, it's my post, i wrote it

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BOOK Of GENESIS (Listen to learn how our World was created by GOD) / Pastor Washes The Sins Of His Congregation With Soap And Bleach (photos) / Ogun Priests ~ How To Become Ogun Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.