Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,694 members, 7,865,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:24 AM

Diego Costa: Chelsea Striker Banned For Three Matches - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Costa: Chelsea Striker Banned For Three Matches (455 Views)

Parma Striker Banned For Two Years For Match-fixing / Costa: Chelsea Have Treated Me Like A Criminal / Conte Vs Costa: Chelsea's Boss Wins Battle On And Off The Pitch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diego Costa: Chelsea Striker Banned For Three Matches by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
Striker Diego Costa will miss Chelsea's next three domestic matches after a Football Association charge of violent conduct was upheld.
Costa denied the charge, relating to an incident involving Laurent Koscielny during Saturday's 2-0 win over Arsenal.
Costa, 26, put his hands in Koscielny's face before clashing with Gabriel, who was sent off but had a three-game ban overturned earlier on Tuesday.

In a statement, Chelsea said they were "disappointed" with the verdict.Costa's ban covers Chelsea's League Cup match at Walsall on Wednesday along with Premier League matches against Newcastle and Southampton. Having confirmed the match officials did not see the incident between Costa and Koscielny, the FA supplied video footage to a panel of three former elite referees. Each had to independently rule Costa's actions to be an instant red card for the FA to proceed with the charge. Arsenal defender Gabriel was sent off by referee Mike Dean for violent conduct after raising his leg and appearing to catch Spain international Costa.
Ibrahim Afellay

Stoke manager Mark Hughes, who saw winger Ibrahim Afellay's ban for slapping West Brom's Craig Gardner in August reduced from three games to two, said he is left "scratching his head" by the FA's decision to overturn Gabriel's ban.
"I'm not sure why Afellay had a two-game ban when I see news of other situations which seemed to be deemed violent conduct and they get wiped off," Hughes told BBC Radio 5 live.

"We keep asking for explanations from the FA about why they come to decisions against us - or we're getting different ones to other clubs. This is a prime example of that. We're bemused by it."
The FA has charged Gabriel with improper conduct for failing to leave the pitch immediately after being sent off, and both clubs with failing to control their players.

All three parties have until 18:00 BST on Thursday to reply to those charges.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34331311

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Diego Costa: Chelsea Striker Banned For Three Matches by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
Although I am a Chelsea fan I quite support this decision by the FA, literally I was appalled at Diego Costa's behaviour on the field during that game play.

We don't have to win at all cost and for me, a bad win is as good as a loss!
Re: Diego Costa: Chelsea Striker Banned For Three Matches by alfonso36(m): 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
Re: Diego Costa: Chelsea Striker Banned For Three Matches by Arsenate(m): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
ajantala:
Although I am a Chelsea fan I quite support this decision by the FA, literally I was appalled at Diego Costa's behaviour on the field during that game play.

We don't have to win at all cost and for me, a bad win is as good as a loss!
wow
rare mentality from a Chelsea fan. you don't have to support that team bro. you deserve better.

(1) (Reply)

Our Funny Betting Experiences Worldwide,share Yours! / Nigeria Striker Emenike Snubs Phone Calls From Super Eagles Coach Oliseh - / Messi Drops Out Of Forbes Top 10 Most Valuable Athletes List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.