Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan (2515 Views)

Nigerian Army To Migrate To IPPIS In 2017 – Kemi Adeosun / JONATHAN: Okonjo-iweala’s Innovations Led To TSA, IPPIS, / Buhari And Osinbajo Get Registered For IPPIS (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by Splashme: 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
FORMER President, Goodluck Jonathan, has stated that the introduction of innovations such as the Treasury Single Account (TSA) and the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System (IPPIS) by the ex-Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance during his administration, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, are some of the qualities that led to her two new global positions.

Okonjo-Iweala was appointed at the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (GAVI), an international public-private partnership committed to saving the lives of children and protecting people’s health by improving access to immunization in developing countries, including Nigeria.The second appointment is as Senior Adviser, Lazzard, by a 167 years old global investment firm.

Jonathan’s assertion is contained in a congratulatory message to Okonjo-Iweala, where he described her appointment as a great honour to the nation, especially coming “soon after serving Nigeria as Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance in my administration.”

He further described her as an achiever whose leadership as the head of his economic management team, brought about the successful implementation of far-reaching reforms in many sectors including power, telecoms, agriculture, financial services and infrastructural development.

Giving more details of Okonjo-Iweala’s achievements, the former President wrote: “Through your vision, the nation was able to implement some rewarding reforms in public financial management including the launch of the Treasury Single Account to boost dwindling revenue, as well as the introduction of the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System, which eliminated thousands of ghost workers from the public service system.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/09/okonjo-iwealas-innovations-led-to-tsa-ippis-says-jonathan/

3 Likes

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by sayemma: 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
And the $2,200,000,000 she tricked you GEJ to refund to GAVI as misused fund for immunization.

GEJ pls who miss use this fund?
Why was the ministry of health not carried along?
GEJ I smell 7 years in imprisonment when d time comes

3 Likes

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by TGM2015: 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
If the initiative was from her, she should get the credit but the ex President fails to give us reasons why it is difficult or impossible for him to implement during his tenure.

2 Likes

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
sayemma:
And the $2,200,000,000 she tricked you GEJ to refund to GAVI as misused fund for immunization.

YOUR LIKES ARE SO COMMON IN NIGERIA, NO WONDER THIS COUNTRY IS THIS HOPELESS

BIGOTED ILLITERATE

14 Likes

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by chudionu58(f): 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
TGM2015:
If the initiative was from her, she should get the credit but the ex President fails to give us reasons why it is difficult or impossible for him to implement during his tenure.
Only God knows what's wrong with you... Who told you madame NOI didn't implement it? from 2013- early this year, all the capital accounts for all MDAs where brought in the same platform! The implementation of revenue accounts ought to have started in Feb but was jettisoned because of the elections!! Ask your self, why has the talkative spokesperson of the APC not refuted Jonathan's statement...

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/02/22/okonjo-iweala-tasks-accountant-general-on-tackling-leakages/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/fg-saves-n500bn-through-implementation-of-single-treasury-account/

We are still waiting for APCs original initiatives.

5 Likes

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
sayemma:

The money wasn't from Nigeria in the first instance hence your ranting is inconsequential.

They give you aid and consequently attached a condition.

The question that should bother you is, was the money a refund or a payment?

Your 2nd question is a blatant hypocrisy because PMB sacks employees of DSS and Immigration where the heads of those agencies still defend the procedures for the employments. Where are you when PMB is presently acting as a dictator?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by oshyno(m): 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
God will bless you GEJ and your ministers that worked without the media propaganda.

10 Likes

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by Bevista: 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2015
chudionu58:
Once Ministers and the Federal Cabinet have been properly constituted, then it is expected that government policies/initiatives will be rolled out.

However, Nigeria's problem is not really ingenuity of policies but rather compliance with already existing codes/policies/laws. Even if PMB were not to come up with any new initiatives but is able to ensure Compliance with existing ones, then (in my book) he would have been a huge success.

N87 fuel price, N50 kerosene price, TSA, etc were all GEJ ideas yet there was ZERO compliance. PMB has succeeded in ensuring near 100% compliance. Laws don't mean jack if nobody is obeying or enforcing them. This is where PMB towers above GEJ.

7 Likes

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by sammyj: 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
GEJ please save all this campaign till 2024 we are just tired of all this media wailing campaign !!!!

1 Like

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by Splashme: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
TGM2015:

IPPIS was deeply implemented.
They also commenced implementation of TSA but did not make so much noise about it.

The Buhari/APC govt are very loud, very very loud. They first run to the media, sing, dance before they come back to plan.

4 Likes

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by chudionu58(f): 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
Bevista:
Once Ministers and the Federal Cabinet have been properly constituted, then it is expected that government policies/initiatives will be rolled out.

However, Nigeria's problem is not really ingenuity of policies but rather compliance with already existing codes/policies/laws. Even if PMB were not to come up with any new initiatives but is able to ensure Compliance of existing ones, then (in my book) he would have been a huge success.

N87 fuel price, N50 kerosene price, TSA, etc were all GEJ ideas yet there was ZERO compliance. PMB has succeeded in ensuring near 100% compliance. Laws don't mean jack if nobody is obeying or enforcing them. This is where PMB towers above GEJ.
Thunder strike your stinking mouth with N50 price of kerosene compliance! please it is N120 here!

As expected you ignored the links I posted earlier, most probably that showed you have no contrary opinion about the TSA...

Please for fuel prices, who told you Nigerians didn't buy fuel @ the official pump price... it was at the dying days of Jonathan's govt that marketers caused artificial scarcity because of subsidy wahala. An average Nigerian knows that fuel supply was reasonably stable under Jonathan than the previous regime.

Am very happy to note, none of you propagandists add TAM as bubus achievements these days....lol....Kachikwu indirectly deflated una propaganda! 3 months deadline... lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by Bevista: 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
chudionu58:
Thunder strike your stinking mouth.
Kids like you think because you are on a faceless forum, you can use derogatory words on others to lift your poor self esteem.

1 Like

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by lincolnj88: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
grin grin grin even buhari cows know say buhari nor go fit initiate a 21 century ideas

1 Like

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by stanech: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
we have seen how tinubu and his southwest brothers run a government. there is no state in the south west that is not indebted even the almighty lagos. so it is clear these guys can't run am economy without borrowing.

they may still need the services of NOI apperently because I am pretty sure that the north have nothing to offer in that regard.

we need the likes of NOI or Soludo for a clear economic policy but baba dulllard is already calling his ministers noice makers even b4 they are appointed.
Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by azzima(m): 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:

BIGOTED ILLITERATE
Please can you just answer her question?...wasted Nigerian youths, leaving the message but foaming at the messenger. It's a FACT that Madam "One Chance" refunded $2 million illegally to her "new employer".can you refute that wailing robot!!

1 Like

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
and so what? did we hear Buhari shouting that he invented the TSA? Even when iweala brought it to the fore, did you mr corrupt jonathan implement it? No, diezani your bed mate will never let that happen. so you want start to dey cause another division abi? your useless running to ogboni and then back to church never finish?
Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by omowolewa: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
I know surely 'Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System (IPPIS)' is the brain child of GEJ's administration. But TSA was dated to years back and probably revived by his administration.

However, TSA still needs much fine tune to fit present day Nigeria. I think we are going to see that coming in no time or the government will shoot itself by the foot

Kudos

1 Like

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by deji68: 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
It was not until 2012 that government ran a pilot scheme for a single account using 217 ministries, department and agencies as a test case. The pilot scheme saved the country about N500 billion in frivolous spending. The success of the pilot scheme motivated the government to fully implement TSA, leading to the directives to banks to implement the technology platform that will help accommodate all MDA’s in the TSA scheme . The recent directives by President Mohammed Buhari that all government revenues should be remitted to a Treasury Single Account is in consonance with this programme and in compliance with the provisions of the 1999 constitution.

..u can only enforce or ensure 100% compliance if u have the technology platform.... all these were done during NOI tenure , Kudos to NOI and GEJ....kudos to PMB for continuing with the laudable project. but we are still waiting for his own inputs and ideas in moving Nigeria foward.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/fg-saves-n500bn-through-implementation-of-single-treasury-account/

Bevista:

However, Nigeria's problem is not really ingenuity of policies but rather compliance with already existing codes/policies/laws. Even if PMB were not to come up with any new initiatives but is able to ensure Compliance of existing ones, then (in my book) he would have been a huge success.

2 Likes

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by Bevista: 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
deji68:
Kudos to NOI and GEJ....kudos to PMB for continuing with the laudable project.
Agree!

1 Like

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2015
oshyno:
God will bless you GEJ and your ministers that worked without the media propaganda.
hahahaha, anytime i remember ur clueless corrupt hero and NOI, i pity my people

1 Like

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by chudionu58(f): 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
Bevista:
Kids like you think because you are on a faceless forum, you can use derogatory words on others to lift your poor self esteem.
Lame response! shows you couldn't counter my points.

Propagandist!
Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by greatehis: 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
sayemma:

there is only one prayer every one who cares should.......... wisdom. you lack it
Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by drey076(m): 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:

BIGOTED ILLITERATE
Nigeria is really hopeless because of someone like you. Always backing corrupt politicians just because they are from your region. Mtcheew
Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2015
chudionu58:
Thunder strike your stinking mouth with N50 price of kerosene compliance! please it is N120 here!

As expected you ignored the links I posted earlier, most probably that showed you have no contrary opinion about the TSA...

Please for fuel prices, who told you Nigerians didn't buy fuel @ the official pump price... it was at the dying days of Jonathan's govt that marketers caused artificial scarcity because of subsidy wahala. An average Nigerian knows that fuel supply was reasonably stable under Jonathan than the previous regime.

Am very happy to note, none of you propagandists add TAM as bubus achievements these days....lol....Kachikwu indirectly deflated una propaganda! 3 months deadline... lol

is it possible to bring price down within one month without implication of scarcity? Kerosene was 180 naira before may 29 with scarcity, now is 120 naira without scarcity, without ministers, within one month, that is just a preamble of what to achieve in next 3months, but plssssss don't remind us of ur clueless corrupt hero again, d curse has be expurge from Nigeria, we wil never experience that again in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
stanech:
we have seen how tinubu and his southwest brothers run a government. there is no state in the south west that is not indebted even the almighty lagos. so it is clear these guys can't run am economy without borrowing.

they may still need the services of NOI apperently because I am pretty sure that the north have nothing to offer in that regard.

we need the likes of NOI or Soludo for a clear economic policy but baba dulllard is already calling his ministers noice makers even b4 they are appointed.
ur case is beyond repair, even ur clueless corrupt hero borrow to pay salary, to d extent of borrowing from external reserve, even almighty American are indebted more than their GDP

1 Like

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by CSTR2: 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
ur case is beyond repair, even ur clueless corrupt hero borrow to pay salary, to d extent of borrowing from external reserve, even almighty American are indebted more than their GDP
Comparing america to corrupt backward SW states is the heights of jokes.
Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by Viktor1983(m): 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
sayemma:

Have you had your lunch today?

1 Like

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by TGM2015: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2015
chudionu58:
Only God knows what's wrong with you... Who told you madame NOI didn't implement it? from 2013- early this year, all the capital accounts for all MDAs where brought in the same platform! The implementation of revenue accounts ought to have started in Feb but was jettisoned because of the elections!! Ask your self, why has the talkative spokesperson of the APC not refuted Jonathan's statement...

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/02/22/okonjo-iweala-tasks-accountant-general-on-tackling-leakages/

Splashme:

IPPIS was deeply implemented.
They also commenced implementation of TSA but did not make so much noise about it.

The Buhari/APC govt are very loud, very very loud. They first run to the media, sing, dance before they come back to plan.

Thanking your for drawing my attention. The summary was that the Government implement the aspect of payment in TSA since 2012 i.e. all payments to vendors will be through one single account and in January 2015 the e-Revenue was set to start and circular was sent out to all agencies in Abuja and across the Country.

If your read the mail, all credit goes to NOI who initiate the project to block leakages. Do you think it is logical to start from payment first? Because for me, when you holds the revenue, you can dictates how to spend it; and not putting your efforts to how ministries/agencies are spending their money and leaving out control over what they earn/remit.

It is not the money they remit that the FG under her TSA epayment programme will pay vendor from? Even if for one reasons or the other implementing epayment of TSA should be the first? Why taking two years before moving to eRevenue? Why was it not implemented as scheduled on January 2015 even when the FG has sent out circular for compliance and user guides pamphlets?

You can read my post again and understands my questions. Jonathan should at least give insight or brief us on the challenges that made the TSA not implementable to the fullness.

Remember if it was a technology challenges, it would not have been so easy for Buhari within the shortest time. My opinion was that Jonathan do not have the political will to implement the eRevenue aspect of TSA - I may be wrong though - but I'm yet to see convincing reasons why TSA shouldn't have been fully implemented (ePayement and eRevenue) within a space of two and half years in spite of surplus earning in the the early months of the project.
Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by sweetgala(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:

BIGOTED ILLITERATE

So now he is bigoted and illiterate because he made an assertion, a claim with a enough credit to warrant a better analysis.

Rather than investigate his claim you came along and showed your level of ignorance by using the words bigot and illiterate which do not reflect in his post .

You are the bigoted illiterate because you made simple assertions based of perceived ethnic differences
Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by jars9: 6:36am On Sep 24, 2015
You more than a bigoted illiterate, you a fool that lack reasoning faculties.

sayemma:

Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by dammytosh: 6:59am On Sep 24, 2015
But u dnt AV balls to implement the innovation.
Re: TSA, IPPIS Are Okonjo-iweala's Innovations - Jonathan by chudionu58(f): 7:09am On Sep 24, 2015
TGM2015:

Thanking your for drawing my attention. The summary was that the Government implement the aspect of payment in TSA since 2012 i.e. all payments to vendors will be through one single account and in January 2015 the e-Revenue was set to start and circular was sent out to all agencies in Abuja and across the Country.

If your read the mail, all credit goes to NOI who initiate the project to block leakages. Do you think it is logical to start from payment first? Because for me, when you holds the revenue, you can dictates how to spend it; and not putting your efforts to how ministries/agencies are spending their money and leaving out control over what they earn/remit.

It is not the money they remit that the FG under her TSA epayment programme will pay vendor from? Even if for one reasons or the other implementing epayment of TSA should be the first? Why taking two years before moving to eRevenue? Why was it not implemented as scheduled on January 2015 even when the FG has sent out circular for compliance and user guides pamphlets?

You can read my post again and understands my questions. Jonathan should at least give insight or brief us on the challenges that made the TSA not implementable to the fullness.

Remember if it was a technology challenges, it would not have been so easy for Buhari within the shortest time. My opinion was that Jonathan do not have the political will to implement the eRevenue aspect of TSA - I may be wrong though - but I'm yet to see convincing reasons why TSA shouldn't have been fully implemented (ePayement and eRevenue) within a space of two and half years in spite of surplus earning in the the early months of the project.
Choosing to start with e-payments is an informed choice by the government because it easier and safer to be used as a pilot!...
Remember any mistake with revenues comes with grave consequences...or why has the saints suddenly exempted some agencies after few days of implementation?? Is that the fruit of political will

We must ask, tell us the original initiatives of the APC!!! You don't condemn Jonathan and shamelessly start implementing his policies and programmes under the false pretext of a the lack of a political will.

Don't forget that E-revenue was all about to start before Buhari came and dramatized the whole thing.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-s-treasury-single-account-unsettles-banks/209153/

Banks were just merely waiting for it's commencement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Is A Conceit That Shows Our Limitation / Femi Fani Kayode's First Tweet After Release From Detention / H.E Atiku In Bauchi Today To Reconcile Both Emir Bauchi And Waziri Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.