Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,712 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva (826 Views)

Grand Reception Of Oshiomhole & Iara: Obaseki & Deputy Shaibu Attend / Photo Of Oshiomhole, Iara And I Go Dye At Victory Party For Obaseki In Benin / Caption This Picture Of Oshiomhole And Iara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by Bambless1(m): 4:37am On Sep 24, 2015
Winner of the All Progressives Congress governorship primary held on Tuesday in Bayelsa State, Chief Timipre Sylva, has dismissed claims by Governor Adams Oshiomhole, who headed the APC Electoral Committee, that he had disrupted the electoral process and in fact aborted it.

Sylva said in a statement on Wednesday, “It is unfortunate that people like Adams Oshiomhole, the governor of Edo State and former president of the Nigeria Labour Congress, who pretend to be incorruptible, would conduct himself in the manner in which he did in relation to the Bayelsa State governorship primary. It was clear that Oshiomhole never wanted to conduct the primary as scheduled
“First, on his request, the primary was shifted from its earlier date of Saturday, September 19 to the Tuesday, September 22 date. The grouse of the delegates was that the primaries had been shifted once on Oshiomhole's request. That shift caused enough hardship already. The 'comrade' was again shifting the goal post, without giving consideration to these hapless delegates. It was that frustration that we were managing. It is so sad that the governor did not appreciate our effort.
“Second, as chairman of the APC Electoral Committee, Oshiomhole knew full well that accreditation of delegates was to begin at 8am on Tuesday, September 22, but he came to the venue of the program well past 12 noon. After he arrived at that late hour, he proceeded with a meeting with the committee members and another meeting with the aspirants. He clearly had preconceived plans about the Bayelsa APC governorship primary.
“Third, Oshiomhole cannot really say anything about the primary election because he had left the venue at the time voting commenced. Oshiomhole set the process in motion for voting to commence before he excused himself on the grounds that he was going to eat, and he mandated other members of the committee to carry on without him.
“The world needs to know that the Bayelsa State Electoral Committee is made up of seven members, and of the seven only Oshiomhole left. The other six remained, conducted the primary and declared Sylva winner of the exercise.
“Fourth, it bothers on pettiness for Governor Oshiomhole to quote me as antagonist to new entrants to our party. Every discussion I had with the governor was public. The only private conversation I had with him was when he walked up to me and asked me if I truly believed he was working against my interest. To that I answered 'YES'. As a man of integrity (?) he even offered to step down as chairman. If he had stepped down would that have invalidated the primaries? We should refrain from exaggerating our worth and integrity. Let other good people judge our character.
“After all, I was the one that received all new entrants. Oshiomole was invited and he did not come.
“Fifth, Oshiomhole came to Yenagoa with a clear agenda, which was to get me out of the race at all cost. We are aware that he had been lobbying at the centre to get me out of the race in order to pave the way for one of the aspirants. Indeed, one of the aspirants had boasted openly that Oshiomhole would cancel the primary once he arrived, shortly before his arrival.
“Oshiomhole should not tell lies, if I was not there, contrary to his insinuation that I rented thugs to manhandle him, the crowd would have manhandled him. I personally accompanied Oshiomhole to the gate when he was going to eat.
“Seventh, if Oshiomhole has anything personal against me, let him tell the world. We are shocked that the man who claims to be morally upright with a strong ethical orientation would land in Yenagoa for an exercise in which he ought to be an impartial arbiter with a helicopter provided by a friend of one of the aspirants.”

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/23/lies-and-mischiefs-oshiomhole-sylva

Lalasticlala
Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by Badgers14: 4:41am On Sep 24, 2015
Na waoh.. Naija politiks i tell you.

Dont know who to believe again..

Oh well .. Just observing naija politiks from ontop of a speeding molué cool

FTC sha wink

1 Like

Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by stanech: 4:44am On Sep 24, 2015
U can't put morally upright and oshomole in the same statement. It is just wrong

Oshomole is a good example of a typical apc politician.

A thief he is and will always be.

2 Likes

Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by Nobody: 4:56am On Sep 24, 2015
Thank goodness is coming from their mouth. Oshiomhole is as corrupt as other APC members. APC! Kwaramption
Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by GudluckIBB(m): 4:58am On Sep 24, 2015
Nigerian politicians are a disgrace to its citizens.

If Just to conduct a free and fair primaries is a problem.how will you prople now provide essential services to your people?

Its a Shame on democracy in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by ifyan(m): 4:59am On Sep 24, 2015
Foundation built on lies, deceit, betrayal etc plus different view need extra measures to sustain it structure to stand.

I hope no one is surprised from what is happening.

Believe me more drama will unfold. So grab your sit to ....
Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:59am On Sep 24, 2015
Bambless1:

Second, as chairman of the APC Electoral Committee, Oshiomhole knew full well that accreditation of delegates was to begin at 8am on Tuesday, September 22, but he came to the venue of the program well past 12 noon. After he arrived at that late hour, he proceeded with a meeting with the committee members and another meeting with the aspirants. He clearly had preconceived plans about the Bayelsa APC governorship primary.
Oshiomhole set the process in motion for voting to commence before he excused himself on the grounds that he was going to eat, and he mandated other members of the committee to carry on without him.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/23/lies-and-mischiefs-oshiomhole-sylva

Lalasticlala
Why did a whole governor lie that he was going to eat instead of telling the truth that he won't come back.
Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by judiciarypalava: 5:11am On Sep 24, 2015
"We should refrain from exaggerating our worth and integrity"

Ka chineke mezie okwua.
Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by Bambless1(m): 5:41am On Sep 24, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
Why did a whole governor lied that he was going to eat instead of telling the truth that he won't come back.
That's APC member for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 24, 2015
Bunch of ....
Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by pallybrown(m): 6:21am On Sep 24, 2015
What's my business
Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 24, 2015
Eleyi gidi gan
Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by lwise(m): 6:42am On Sep 24, 2015
Oshobaba the great deceiver

[size=20pt]Lwise !!![/size]
Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 24, 2015
Badgers14:
Na waoh.. Naija politiks i tell you.

Dont know who to believe again..

Oh well .. Just observing naija politiks ontop of a speeding molué cool

FTC sha wink

Wallahi! am confused. make pple dey ask questions lyk who b the thief and who b the owner. Now, who Dey lie and who Dey talk true?
Re: The Lies And Mischiefs Of Oshiomhole-sylva by pet4ril(f): 6:45am On Sep 24, 2015
Ehn Ehn.. Iara must hear this

(1) (Reply)

At UN General Assembly: Buhari Under Global Pressure To Appoint Ministers / Four Outstanding Ministers In Gej's Cabinet - Venturesafrica.com / Tears! Urgent Advice Needed Pls. See What 86yr Old Man Has Been Doing Since 1954

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.