Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] (9854 Views)

Mike Sonko, Kenyan Governor Who Has Gold Cars, 24 Karat Gold Phones, Gold Wines / Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) / Senator Mike Sonto's Gold Cars And Stacks Of Cash [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43am On Sep 24, 2015
Mike Huckabee: Obama pretends to be a Christian
By Tom LoBianco, CNN
Updated 0217 GMT (0917 HKT) September 24, 2015 | Video Source: CNN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUZnlf-szOI

Washington (CNN) Mike Huckabee suggested President Barack Obama "pretends to be" a Christian in knocking the President's handling of Pope Francis' first visit to the U.S.

When asked on Newsmax TV's "The Hard Line" on Tuesday about Ben Carson's comments that a Muslim should not be president of the United States, the former Arkansas governor began by saying there is no religious test for public office, but then shifted to a comment about Obama.

"I'm less concerned about what faith the person has. I'm more concerned about the authenticity of their faith and how that plays out in their politics ... I'm also concerned about a guy that believes he's a Christian and pretends to be and then says he is, but then does things that makes it very difficult for people to practice their Christian faith," Huckabee said.

"I'm disappointed if someone says, 'I'm a Christian,' but you invite the pope into your home and then you invite a whole bunch of people who are at odds with the Catholic Church policy. I think there's something very unseemly about that," he added.

Huckabee also tweeted earlier Tuesday that he was disappointed that Obama was not doing a better job welcoming Francis, despite Obama making a rare trip to Andrews Air Force Base to greet the pope.

"I welcome @Pontifex to America & offer my apologies that @POTUS will not offer him the warm, respectful welcome he deserves #PopeInUS" Huckabee wrote."

Obama's faith has been a topic on the 2016 trail since a supporter at a Donald Trump rally last week said the President was Muslim and not an American, charges that Trump did not dispute. Carson then sparked an uproar of his own on Sunday when he told NBC's "Meet the Press" that a Muslim shouldn't be president.

The controversy even circled back to Hillary Clinton, who, running against Obama in the 2008 primaries, said the then-senator wasn't a Muslim "as far as I know." Pressed by CNN's Don Lemon on "The Tom Joyner Morning Show" on Wednesday, Clinton said, "That is so ludicrous, Don. You know, honestly, I believe -- first of all, it is totally untrue. Secondly, the president and I have never had any kind of confrontation like that."

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/23/politics/mike-huckabee-barack-obama-christian/index.html?sr=fb092315huckabeeobamafaith8pVODtopLink
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2015
This means that Obama is not a Christian.
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by dalaman: 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
This means that Obama is not a Christian.

So what if Obama is not a christian? Go and impeach him for not being one. He is the president, something Mike Huckebee will never be no matter how much he desires to be president of the USA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by Anas09: 11:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
Then why did he(obama) pretend to be a christian. He shd ve openly declaered his faith let's see how far he would ve gone.

1 Like

Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by true2god: 7:56am On Sep 29, 2015
Obama scammed the US people big time. How can someone who frequently bash christianity and praise islam be a true christian? Ben Carson only said what an average american know and thinks but couldnt say it out because of political correctness. An openly confessing muslim can never be an American president. Obama played a smart one and it worked, but another fake christian might not play the Americans for the second time.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by Seun(m): 8:01am On Sep 29, 2015
Obama is not a Christian fundamentalist or Evangelical, but he's as Christian as most people who call themselves Christians in the world.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by jiggaz(m): 8:05am On Sep 29, 2015
Seun:
Obama is not a Christian fundamentalist or Evangelical, but he's as Christian as most people who call themselves Christians in the world.
Obama a Christian? i don't think so. Do you know the meaning of a CHRISTIAN? It means a Believer in Jesus CHRIST. i dont think his action corresponds with his belief.

1 Like

Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by joseph1832(m): 9:04am On Sep 29, 2015
Seun:
I couldn't have said this better, this brings to mind what Ghandi said about these modern day christians. "I like your christ, but I don't like your christians because your christians do not behave like your christ".

All we have now are just church goers who call themselves christians for show of belonging to the fold.

1 Like

Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Sep 29, 2015
Seun:

You may want to check a thread I posted some years ago stating reasons why Obama is not a true Christian.

https://www.nairaland.com/934799/reasons-why-know-obama-not
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:22am On Sep 29, 2015
Anas09:

Then why did he(obama) pretend to be a christian. He shd ve openly declaered his faith let's see how far he would ve gone.

That was the only way Muslims could become POTUS, by stealth.
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by Seun(m): 11:43am On Sep 29, 2015
jiggaz:
Obama a Christian? i don't think so. Do you know the meaning of a CHRISTIAN? It means a Believer in Jesus CHRIST. i dont think his action corresponds with his belief.
Obama's approach to leadership is very Christian. I Timothy 3 says, "Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money ... and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect... He must also have a good reputation with outsiders..." This is Obama. Thoughtful, faithful, wise, courteous, compassionate, respected. The same can't be said of his rivals.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by joseph1832(m): 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You may want to check a thread I posted some years ago stating reasons why Obama is not a true Christian.

https://www.nairaland.com/934799/reasons-why-know-obama-not
Could Obama be any less a true christian than Chris Okotie, Chris Oyakhilomen, Ayo Oritsejafor and co?
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
joseph1832:

Could Obama be any less a true christian than Chris Okotie, Chris Oyakhilomen, Ayo Oritsejafor and co?

Why don't you put them under the litmus test to see whether they would come out with flying colours?
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by joseph1832(m): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Why don't you put them under the litmus test to see whether they would come out with flying colours?
I already did, and none passed!.
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by Sveen: 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
Seun:

Obama's approach to leadership is very Christian. I Timothy 3 says, "Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money ... and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect... He must also have a good reputation with outsiders..." This is Obama. Thoughtful, faithful, wise, courteous, compassionate, respected. The same can't be said of his rivals.
True. And given by the way you quoted the Bible, I'm convinced you're not an atheist.

P.S: I've replied your mail, please check it.

1 Like

Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2015
Seun:

Seun, could you please unban me from your anti-spam bot in the politics section?
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
joseph1832:

I already did, and none passed!.

What yardstick did you use to test them?
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by joseph1832(m): 3:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

What yardstick did you use to test them?
Yardstick you say? One said masturbation isn't a sin, the other is widely known for divorcing women, and one is known to brandish blings like a gangster.

Never forget, these men celebrates wealth when in fact christ himself said that is will be very difficult for a wealthy man to get into the kingdom of God.

Bro, the yardstick is there for all who want to see to see!.
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
joseph1832:

Yardstick you say? One said masturbation isn't a sin, the other is widely known for divorcing women, and one is known to brandish blings like a gangster.

Never forget, these men celebrates wealth when in fact christ himself said that is will be very difficult for a wealthy man to get into the kingdom of God.

Bro, the yardstick is there for all who want to see to see!.

Consider this yardstick.==> https://www.nairaland.com/934799/reasons-why-know-obama-not
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2015
dalaman:

So what if Obama is not a christian? Go and impeach him for not being one. He is the president, something Mike Huckebee will never be no matter how much he desires to be president of the USA.

Obama may not be a Christian but he doesn't have to deceive the populace that he is one. What stops him from showing his real colours? His policies and actions give him away though. cool
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by dalaman: 3:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Obama may not be a Christian but he doesn't have to deceive the populace that he is one. What stops him from showing his real colours? His policies and actions give him away though. cool

Go and impeach him for not being a Christian. Your seven days adventist Ben Carson will never be President.

1 Like

Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
dalaman:

Go and impeach him for not being a Christian. Your seven days adventist Ben Carson will never be President.

Don't be so sure because your words might come back to bite you. cool
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by dalaman: 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be so sure because your words might come back to bite you. cool

They won't. He will never be President.

1 Like

Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
dalaman:

They won't. He will never be President.

Have you heard the news lately that Ben Carson is now leading in the GOP polls? undecided
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by dalaman: 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Have you heard the news lately that Ben Carson is now leading in the GOP polls? undecided

Herman Cain was once the front runner, the GOP is a party of racist, they will never vote for a black man to be their nominee, even if they do he will lose against Hilary.
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
dalaman:

Herman Cain was once the front runner, the GOP is a party of racist, they will never vote for a black man to be their nominee, even if they do he will lose against Hilary.

This is the opportunity for the blacks to vote for one of their own but I guess they will pass up this privilege. undecided
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by dalaman: 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

This is the opportunity for the blacks to vote for one of their own but I guess they will pass up this privilege. undecided

He is not one of their own because he doesn't share their values. Why should they vote for someone that wants to gut medicare and medicaid?
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
dalaman:

He is not one of their own because he doesn't share their values. Why should they vote for someone that wants to gut medicare and medicaid?

I can understand that they are stuck on welfare and benefits. It is said that a prophet is not honoured in his home country. undecided
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by dalaman: 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I can understand that they are stuck on welfare and benefits. It is said that a prophet is not honoured in his home country. undecided

The same welfare and benefits that made him who he is.
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
dalaman:

The same welfare and benefits that made him who he is.

That should not make him remain on benefits. Welfare is only a stepping stone for you to get back on your feet. Now that he is up he wants to raise others up but folks are trying to pull him down. Tell me about pull him down syndrome (phd). undecided
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by kinibigdeal(m): 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
I don't see Obama as a christian, is Policies from inception as been anti-christian. From the gay right law and American Foreign policy.
Re: Mike Huckabee: "Obama Pretends To Be A Christian" [CNN] by kinibigdeal(m): 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
Seun:

Obama is only trying to be Democratic but within a Republican.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uhuru Kenyatta Wins Kenya's Presidential Election / Slovakia Expels 35 Russian Diplomats / Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.