Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,630 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Second Engine In 2 Months - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Second Engine In 2 Months (1520 Views)

Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne / Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo / A Car Constructed With Wood With Motorcycle Engine In Bida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Engine In 2 Months by lantres000(m): 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2015
Good Afternoon Gents

Please help me solve this equation.

Some two Months Ago my engine was smoking, and my mech told me that the engine is gone so i paid out cash to him to get a tokunbo Engine, which he fixed and then i went driving once more.

Ever since that engine was fixed its one wahala to another until finally the car left me @ 3rd Mainland Bridge and i was able to get it towed to my mechs workshop.

On diagnosis it was discovered that the new Engine was smoking and he declared it Knocked(2 months old Engine)

From no where he came up with a scam that exhaust catalyst was blocked and that was knoced the first engine and then the second. Right in front of me he cut the exhaust and behold the catalyst was blocked.

Gents please help me judge this matter:

1 Could it be he sold a scam engine to me

2 or could it be his theory of blocked pot was responsible for the engine damage?

Thanks
Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by MIB1(m): 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
Pls details of the car ?.. Engine type, size et al, sienna , gazzuzz, mayor, Kingreign help this brother
Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
This is how people fail exams.

How can anyone respond to your query with any degree of accurcy, when you omit the most basic of details?

What engine type / size?
What year?
What make of car?
What model of car?

Right now, your query is as blank as a hole in a wall.

2 Likes

Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by lantres000(m): 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
Sorry my brother that was a major omission

Its a 2008 honda pilot

Automatic transmission

3.5 liter engine

I think these few details will help

Thanks
Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by disloman(m): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
From your explanation,the issue wasn't the engine but the catalyst but you changed the 1st engine.Before you changed the previous engine,What were the signs or faults you experienced?
Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by lantres000(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
It started with timing belt, from there to fuel relay, gear seal, to 4wd seal, then to brain box which was the final straw
Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by colossus2: 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2015
Take your car away from there.
You are in lagos, please locate gazzuzz.

2 Likes

Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by MIB1(m): 7:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
colossus2:
Take your car away from there.
You are in lagos, please locate gazzuzz.

Abeg follow this advice if u love ur self and ur sanity

1 Like

Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by inze(m): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
lantres000:
Good Afternoon Gents

Some two Months Ago my engine was smoking, and my mech told me that the engine is gone so i paid out cash to him to get a tokunbo Engine, which he fixed and then i went driving once more.

Ever since that engine was fixed its one wahala to another until finally the car left me @ 3rd Mainland Bridge and i was able to get it towed to my mechs workshop.

On diagnosis it was discovered that the new Engine was smoking and he declared it Knocked(2 months old Engine)

From no where he came up with a scam that exhaust catalyst was blocked and that was knocked the first engine and then the second. Right in front of me he cut the exhaust and behold the catalyst was blocked.

2 or could it be his theory of blocked pot was responsible for the engine damage?

Thanks

. . . how did you and your mechanic arrive at the conclusion that the exhaust catalyst was blocked?
Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:05am On Sep 25, 2015
Too many bad customer experiences with engine replacement. OP you are on your own good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by mayor2013: 4:03am On Sep 25, 2015
A bad catalytic converter can 100% knock your engine if its blocked the exhaust system. But this number problem from gear seal and so on, its better you lift your car on your head if possible and run with it like usian bolt from that "kazeem " of yours. 2 engines in 2 months. Or do manufacturers have expiry dates for engjnes now? cheesy
Currently in my workshop we are treating a car which the catalytic converter blocked the exhaust. If you are in lagos reach this numbers to gt the best solution. 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bb pin is 7BE1C522

2 Likes

Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by disloman(m): 9:41am On Sep 25, 2015
mayor2013:
A bad catalytic converter can 100% knock your engine if its blocked the exhaust system. But this number problem from gear seal and so on, its better you lift your car on your head if possible and run with it like usian bolt from that "kazeem " of yours. 2 engines in 2 months. Or do manufacturers have expiry dates for engjnes now? cheesy
Currently in my workshop we are treating a car which the catalytic converter blocked the exhaust. If you are in lagos reach this numbers to gt the best solution. 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bb pin is 7BE1C522
You right,Some people even mistake the fault with poor performance.
Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by depair: 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2015
wat are the symptoms of a block catalytic converter.
Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by Originalsly: 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2015
@op.....so your mechanic never knew the first engine was blown by the blocked catalytic converter?... after blowing the second engine he suddenly realised it is the blocked catylitic converter? You really have faith in your mechanic....only heaven knows what else is screwed up and rearranged in that car....I would suggest you sell it as is... no good mechanic would want any part of that...unless you have money to burn.
Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2015
lantres000:
Good Afternoon Gents

From no where he came up with a scam that exhaust catalyst was blocked and that was knoced the first engine and then the second. Right in front of me he cut the exhaust and behold the catalyst was blocked.

Thanks

you d guy that always speeding in our estate undecided
Re: Second Engine In 2 Months by fanex: 9:41am On Sep 30, 2015
NO STRESS, WE COME TO YOU* WE ARE FULLY MOBILE

 ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHTS
 ABS LIGHTS
 AIR BAG LIGHTS
 TRANSMISSION FAULTS
 ELECTRIC ROOF FAULTS
 INJECTOR FAULTS
 FUEL SENSORS
 MAF SENSORS
 COOLANT SENSORS
 IMMOBILISER FAULTS
 ODOMETRE CORRETION (soon)

***INSTANT RESULT PRINTOUT***

SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT

Call Mr Tunde

08088997344, 08146307082

NO MORE MECHANIC CHEAT DO IT YOURSELF. N5000

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
lantres000:
Good Afternoon Gents

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Car Mp3 Audio Player Bluetooth Fm + Hands-free Lcd Display Usb Charger / An Angel In Human Form,named Gazzuzz / Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.