Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Melo: ‘I Don’t Care About Criticism’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Melo: ‘I Don’t Care About Criticism’ (315 Views)

I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee / “I Don’t Care If I Miss The World Cup” – Oscar / I Don’t Care About Costa’s Future – Conte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Melo: ‘I Don’t Care About Criticism’ by Detective05: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2015

Inter midfielder Felipe Melo has insisted that critics does not concern him.

The Brazilian has been criticized for his rough style of play both in club and country.

Melo, 32, scored the winner against Verona last night to make sure Inter remain at top of the table.

“Verona are physically strong, they’re all tall and they got men behind the ball,” Melo reflected in an interview with Inter Channel.

“We worked well, and it wasn’t easy. I thank God for the ball that came to me, it was a bit lucky, but it’s already in the past and now we’re thinking about Fiorentina on Sunday.

“The criticism? I don’t care, I go on my way with faith in God. The more others talk, the more I go forward. If this helps me to score then fine, if a striker like Icardi scores then I’ll be happy just the same.

“There are teams who have won 5-0, and then not won, it’s better to win 1-0 but be consistent.”

In 2010 FIFA World Cup quarter final match between Brazil and the Netherlands, Melo was then sent off in the 73rd minute for a violent stamp on Dutch winger Arjen Robben. On Brazil's return home after the World Cup, Melo took the brunt of the criticism of the fans as they threw insults, pushed and shoved towards the players. Melo has not appeared for the national team since that incident.

Source: http://kicknews24.com/news/melo-i-dont-care-about-criticism/

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Sensational Transfers In Football History! / Word Of The Norwegian / Erdogan Of Renewing Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.