Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:23 AM

The Buhari I Know Won’t Northernise Nigeria — Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Buhari I Know Won’t Northernise Nigeria — Shettima (351 Views)

BH Can No Longer Threaten The Existence Of Nigeria — Shettima / Fayose To Buhari: I Can’t Be Intimidated By One Million Armed Men Of DSS / The Buhari I Know Won’tnorthernise Nigeria — Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Buhari I Know Won’t Northernise Nigeria — Shettima by Obeleagu: 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2015

ALHAJI Yerima Shettima, the president of Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, AYCF, in this chat picked holes in insinuations that President Muhammadu Buhari is out to northernise Nigeria.
By Dapo Akinrefon
His assessment of President Muhammadu Buhari’s performance so far
To start with, 100 days is not enough to assess a government. But one would have expected that in 100 days, the government would have come up with its economic policies because you cannot run a government without a plan.
It appears the country is being held to ransome without a clear direction of the present administration is going. We will not be in a hurry to conclude that the government has no plan, however, it is also wrong for the country not to have a clear-cut direction of where the country is heading to.
Do you think anything has changed in Nigeria since Buhari came on board?
Honestly, I don’t think anything has changed in Nigeria but what I can say is the fear of Buhari has become the beginning of wisdom. His presence has actually changed so many things. To an extent, I can say that we are benefitting from that.
In terms of power, despite the fact that Bvuhari has not invested any fund in the sector, there has been steady power supply. I hope he sustains the tempo because as far as I am concerned, nothing has changed in Nigeria.
The president has vowed to go after corrupt persons but some Nigerians hold the view that the fight against corruption is selective. What is your view?
See Source: http://madhauzconcept.com/the-buhari-i-know-wont-northernise-nigeria-shettima/
for full details...

(1) (Reply)

Pro-saraki Groups Barricade National Assembly / Ekiti LG Poll Suffers Setback / 16 Feared Dead As Teenage Suicide Bombers Attack Mosque In Buhari Estate In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.