Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

For Someone Losing Hope - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / For Someone Losing Hope (379 Views)

Nigerian Ladyl Smiles Despite Losing Left Arm In Accident / How Was It Like Losing Your Young Love Ones / Confession-by-mouth Time: What Do You Hope To Achieve Before 2015 Ends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Someone Losing Hope by chatwithjide(m): 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
FOR SOMEONE LOSING HOPE

When I stepped into the land of my assignment in 2011, I wanted everything to happen really fast. I was running with all my energy. At various points, I was burning-out!

One day, I drove into a fuel station for a refill. I was driving a car with a capacity of about 60 litres. While the pump attendant refilled my tank, a motorcycle also rode in to the second pump. Before I knew it, the motorcycle was full and the rider rode off while I was still at the pump.

I got in before the motorcycle but it left before me. It suddenly occurred to me that it would be absolutely silly of me to think "I got here before it. How come it is leaving before me?" Why? Our capacity is not the same.

The truth is there are times in life when we are stuck at the pump of divinity. Those who came in behind us have gone ahead of us; those who learnt from you seem to have outran you; those who graduated years after you are now the ones calling the shot and it seem as though you are stuck.

Could it just be that your capacity is bigger than theirs? Could it be that your own assignment needs longer preparation? Could it be that your character is being formed for the task ahead?

You do not know what you need. Only the one who designed the journey knows what is important. Why don't you hold on?

Stop Complaining. Simply Hold-On! Your tank will soon be full.
Good evening

(1) (Reply)

Weekend Facts. / Two Feared Dead, Another Injured In Oshodi Tanker Fire / Banking Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.