Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Vehicle Tracking GPS - What's The Best GSM Tariff Plan/Data Bundle To Use? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Vehicle Tracking GPS - What's The Best GSM Tariff Plan/Data Bundle To Use? (708 Views)

Vehicle Tracking - Secure Your Vehicle Against Theft, Arm-robbery With GPS Track / CONTACT US FOR VEHICLE'S TRACKING IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 08144758217 / We Sell Car Dvd with GPS Map+Bluetooth+Reverse Cam+Fm+sd/usb for many cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vehicle Tracking GPS - What's The Best GSM Tariff Plan/Data Bundle To Use? by LeSaint(m): 5:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
I want to implement a simple car tracking system, and have been looking into the optimum carrier/tariff option to use.
Like, I don't want to subscribe to data that will end up getting used up quickly, or getting wasted every moth.
The tracker only uses gprs data and sms, but I don't know what the monthly requirements are. I am not planning to use real time tracking; just occasional SMSes for maintenance purposes.

I also need to be able to remotely querry credit balance and data balance, since the tracker is inaccessible physically. I have asked a couple of network companies for advise on this, but none was of help.

Please, I need advice from those in the business, or experienced DIYers.
Re: Vehicle Tracking GPS - What's The Best GSM Tariff Plan/Data Bundle To Use? by ddshow(m): 10:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
LeSaint:
I want to implement a simple car tracking system, and have been looking into the optimum carrier/tariff option to use.
Like, I don't want to subscribe to data that will end up getting used up quickly, or getting wasted every moth.
The tracker only uses gprs data and sms, but I don't know what the monthly requirements are. I am not planning to use real time tracking; just occasional SMSes for maintenance purposes.
I also need to be able to remotely querry credit balance and data balance, since the tracker is inaccessible physically. I have asked a couple of network companies for advise on this, but none was of help.
Please, I need advice from those in the business, or experienced DIYers.

It purely depends on your tracking device.
The capability and functionaly of each device varies. The tracking device I have worked with fits in correctly to your requests.
You can PM me if you need guidance or a workable solution.

Cheers.
Re: Vehicle Tracking GPS - What's The Best GSM Tariff Plan/Data Bundle To Use? by LeSaint(m): 12:10am On Sep 27, 2015
ddshow:

It purely depends on your tracking device.
The capability and functionaly of each device varies. The tracking device I have worked with fits in correctly to your requests.
You can PM me if you need guidance or a workable solution.

Cheers.

Thanks, but I have already got a device. Just asking best way to manage the GSM line, and if you have useful suggestions, you can share here.
Re: Vehicle Tracking GPS - What's The Best GSM Tariff Plan/Data Bundle To Use? by shevalync: 6:39am On Sep 27, 2015
Since you don't want real-time tracking just recharge with the normal share and sell and enjoy your installation. On how to check airtime balance check it user manual but if u can't fine it don't bother yourself just know that once you make inquiry and the tracker though active but not responding all you need do is to transfer as low as 50naira and you are good to go. Cheers
Re: Vehicle Tracking GPS - What's The Best GSM Tariff Plan/Data Bundle To Use? by ddshow(m): 8:11am On Sep 27, 2015
LeSaint:

Thanks, but I have already got a device. Just asking best way to manage the GSM line, and if you have useful suggestions, you can share here.

I really don't know the functionality of your device. Have u been able to authorize any mobile number to track the device? If yes, when you call up the device, does it reply with a gps location or do you normally track your location via a web platfoam?
I would need to have an idea of what device you have. The GSM line is always basic and doesn't necessarily require any form of subscription except you have purchased your device from one of the network vendors.

(1) (Reply)

New Deal! Buy This Upgraded 2008 Honda CRV with Navigation Now! / ##########cleanest Registered 2004 Toyota Corolla In Lagos State For Sale.. / 2005 Honda Pilot Tokunbo @ 1.7M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.