Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599069 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by adegbiteboy85: 4:15pm On May 26, 2016
I greet all gurus in the house. its such a wonderful experience reading
all the questions and answers in this section.
I am planning to migrate to Canada under EE with my wife (in view). Our Registry is in view months time though.
Have read through their site for info but still need you guys opinion and experience.
Gotten my eligible IELTS scores and same as my spouse.
Am on the process of evaluating my certificate with am using my Masters to front and like 5 years experience in my profession.
I did manual score calculation with all the 6 selection factors and its amount to 70 points. My question is:
1. Should i evaluate only my Masters Certificate or with Bsc. To get my masters transcript sent to ICAS is easy for me but for my Bsc is will be hard based on the tight nature of my work.
2. Can I start and submit the application now before getting marriage cert as a single and upgrade later or wait till i go for registry?
3. What other supporting documents do i need to complete my application

Gurus in the house please help out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:37pm On May 26, 2016
Hiyah,

Good that you and your spouse have done IELTS. As you have confirmed your eligibility (over 67 points). You also need to check your likely CRS score as this will determine if you will be invited to apply or not. Use this link below to check.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

It is not compulsory for you to evaluate your BSc, MSc alone is sufficient.

With regard to waiting for your registry, you will have to make a decision about that. You can decide to wait for your registry and include her. This will likely reduce your CRS by 30 except if she does IELTS and evaluates her certificate as well. You can also decide to proceed with application and add her after the registry. If you recieve ITA before the registry and apply, you can always add her anytime during the processing of your application.

adegbiteboy85:
I greet all gurus in the house. its such a wonderful experience reading
all the questions and answers in this section.
I am planning to migrate to Canada under EE with my wife (in view). Our Registry is in view months time though.
Have read through their site for info but still need you guys opinion and experience.
Gotten my eligible IELTS scores and same as my spouse.
Am on the process of evaluating my certificate with am using my Masters to front and like 5 years experience in my profession.
I did manual score calculation with all the 6 selection factors and its amount to 70 points. My question is:
1. Should i evaluate only my Masters Certificate or with Bsc. To get my masters transcript sent to ICAS is easy for me but for my Bsc is will be hard based on the tight nature of my work.
2. Can I start and submit the application now before getting marriage cert as a single and upgrade later or wait till i go for registry?
3. What other supporting documents do i need to complete my application

Gurus in the house please help out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by adegbiteboy85: 5:10pm On May 26, 2016
Thanks Dupsy,

just followed your link, i got 373 as my CRS. What's my chance or minimum score?
Does she also need to evaluate her certs since am the principal applicant?
What other documents do i need to gather before applying?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rebe: 6:18pm On May 26, 2016
@Olusegunoni. To be sincere, you do not need a consultant. You can always bring whatever questions you have to this forum and the gurus are more than willing to assist. Using a consultant will not give you any edge.
Olusegunoni:
Hello all. It's nice meeting you guys and I'm so excited to be here. I have started my processing as well as written the English proficiency test but i will like to involve a consultant now. I was introduced to one but would like to find out if anyone knows him and if he's genuine. His name is Rich Global travels in Ibadan. Any info on him. I'm also open to suggestions. How bless you all[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 6:31pm On May 26, 2016
Hi guys, kudos to all the gurus in the house.

Please, I am in the process of evaluating my credentials with WES. My Unilag transcript was delivered to WES yesterday but that of my OND is yet to be despatched by my school. My questions are:
1. WIll WES go ahead to evaluate my degree while awaiting the OND transcript?
2. What point will I get for evaluating both or my degree only?
3. Peradventure my OND transcript is not sent, will WES go ahead to do the evaluation or I have to instruct them to go ahead?

Kindly give answers to the above questions.

Thanks and God bless!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 8:54pm On May 26, 2016
tundechange:
Hi guys, kudos to all the gurus in the house.

Please, I am in the process of evaluating my credentials with WES. My Unilag transcript was delivered to WES yesterday but that of my OND is yet to be despatched by my school. My questions are:
1. WIll WES go ahead to evaluate my degree while awaiting the OND transcript?
2. What point will I get for evaluating both or my degree only?
3. Peradventure my OND transcript is not sent, will WES go ahead to do the evaluation or I have to instruct them to go ahead?

Kindly give answers to the above questions.

Thanks and God bless!

Wes will wait for your transcript and they will verify both before they begin evaluation.
You will probably get evaluated for two or more degree and get,
128 points if you are single
119 points if you are married.

Wes will not go ahead with evaluation. Unless you instruct them to evaluate without your OND.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 9:07pm On May 26, 2016
beyunce:

Wes will wait for your transcript and they will verify both before they begin evaluation.
You will probably get evaluated for two or more degree and get,
128 points if you are single
119 points if you are married.

Wes will not go ahead with evaluation. Unless you instruct them to evaluate without your OND.

@beyunce

Thanks and God bless U
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 12:54am On May 27, 2016
sorry for d late reply. i support vcoles points. notarization shld involve sighting of d documents. u need to be careful not to misrepresent urself at any stage. ... just start on it and am sure u ll be ready for d SVR request in no time.[
meanwhile, congrats for starting d mcc process sef. it means that in about 3mnths u will be ready to create an EE profile. i will pm u. quote author=esosa4real post=45979121]

Thanks for this info @ugokiye, how are you doing and how is your waka going at the moment? (what stage are you now).

I finally started MCC in terms of making an account and paid the 278 dolls. I have filled up my profile and even the Source Verification request!
I haven't clicked "finalize" because I want to confirm from you if its possible for me to do my notarisation from Nigeria even though I currently reside in Saudi Arabia!(that shouldn't be a problem right?)

I say this because this place ehn, I have accessibility issues and takes time to do anything official. So i think it will be faster if I scan all the documents (certificate, passport data page, passport photo and signed consent/release form to Naija).

Lastly, if i choose Naija, must the originals be cited? because my international passport is with me. Anyways my certificate sef is in Naija, and I can scan my passport photograph right?

Pleas what do you think/advice.

Thanks!!

cc: @vcole [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 12:58am On May 27, 2016
esosa4real:
long timeyall!
where all these my doctors self...lol

mehn I just want to know if going to canada via the student route (maybe masters in pub.health etc) has any swift advantage for PR waka? I know the programmes change there, like we have Canadian experience and all but can you actually continue the same application started before entering Canada for study?

Thanks.
@vcole how you dey? currently on your profile reading your mcc posts again, i am starting off mine this week by Gods grace!

@ esosa. i think mph is a great idea. U can then apply for d ee inland. however, it would be better u choose a province where u can obtain a practicing licence as an img - u can process that even while doing ur mph.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 4:15am On May 27, 2016
veleta:
Pls house,how do I evaluate my B.Pharmacy for express entry,is it through WES or a licensing body?

@ Vcole and other experienced members.Thanks

Sorry for asking are you a doctor or pharmacist?

This are the steps for evaluating your B.pharm

STEP1. Register and create an account at www.pharmacistsgatewaycanada.ca, you will have to choose a province and pay ($325 + tax, if applicable(tax applicable if paying with Canadian card if not no tax)

STEP 2. Go to PEBC website( http://www.pebc.ca/) and read the instructions for document evaluation and follow the process.
let me break the pebc document evaluation for you alittle

1. Your transcript sent directly from from your school directly
2. LICENSING statement , from PCN if your currently licensed directly to pebc
3. Notarized means of identification,change of name if applicable and application form with document evaluation fee$550CAD,International money order or bank draft - Drawn from a Canadian bank if your applying through paper, but Nigerian applicant are advised to apply online if they can

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more help.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bleek147(m): 6:19am On May 27, 2016
Good morning sir, I have a very serious deal with a canadian man and now he want me to supply the goods in person in canada and he his ready to write an invitation letter with his company name as the letter heading.
I want to know if the canadian embassy will grant me atleast 5 days visa just to meet with him. And do the transaction and come back home.

Please advise , its very urgent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:06am On May 27, 2016
Why is your score low since you have MSc and more than 3 year work experience?

What exactly did you get in your IELTS?

Yes, she will need to evaluate her certs and write IELTS as they will allocate 30 marks out of your CRS score to her. If she does not, your score will be low.

To answer your question, the minimum score that has been invited since the beginning of Express Entry is 450 and for the past 2-3 months, the score has not gone below 460.

adegbiteboy85:
Thanks Dupsy,

just followed your link, i got 373 as my CRS. What's my chance or minimum score?
Does she also need to evaluate her certs since am the principal applicant?
What other documents do i need to gather before applying?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by veleta: 8:23am On May 27, 2016
@ Pinkygrace,I can't thank you enough.pls,I would want your candid advice.is it worth it pursing EE in Canada for someone who is currently working in Federal Teaching Hospital as a Pharmacist with three years experience and less than 30 years
Pursing this EE is capital intensive and don't want to abandon it half way.Thanks once again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olurotimi1: 9:02am On May 27, 2016
bleek147:
Good morning sir, I have a very serious deal with a canadian man and now he want me to supply the goods in person in canada and he his ready to write an invitation letter with his company name as the letter heading.
I want to know if the canadian embassy will grant me atleast 5 days visa just to meet with him. And do the transaction and come back home.

Please advise , its very urgent.
scam alert!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by reels(m): 12:59pm On May 27, 2016
Hello Fam,

Please what is OND (+ One year compulsory Industrial Training) and HND likely to be evaluated as? From IQAS

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 2:49pm On May 27, 2016
veleta:
@ Pinkygrace,I can't thank you enough.pls,I would want your candid advice.is it worth it pursing EE in Canada for someone who is currently working in Federal Teaching Hospital as a Pharmacist with three years experience and less than 30 years
Pursing this EE is capital intensive and don't want to abandon it half way.Thanks once again

Well from your profile you have a good standing, all you need is a good ilets score(CLB9 and above)so you can get at least 450points and that will give you some edge, i dont know if you are married or not.
Once your license in Canada(that requires hard work in passing the exams, which is do able, the way this Indians ace the exams ehnn you go fear) it will be worth it. start now and focus on it, document evaluation takes about 2months, after they get all your documents depending on how fast they are and volume of application, i sent mine in December, got acknowledgment of receiver in January and document evaluation was complete in march.. AM also trying to do mine, just that school work is crazy for me, once am done with school work by July will write my in English test and then enter the pool.

cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 2:51pm On May 27, 2016
Thank you for breaking this down. smiley
Pinkygrace:

Sorry for asking are you a doctor or pharmacist?

This are the steps for evaluating your B.pharm

STEP1. Register and create an account at www.pharmacistsgatewaycanada.ca, you will have to choose a province and pay ($325 + tax, if applicable(tax applicable if paying with Canadian card if not no tax)

STEP 2. Go to PEBC website( http://www.pebc.ca/) and read the instructions for document evaluation and follow the process.
let me break the pebc document evaluation for you alittle

1. Your transcript sent directly from from your school directly
2. LICENSING statement , from PCN if your currently licensed directly to pebc
3. Notarized means of identification,change of name if applicable and application form with document evaluation fee$550CAD,International money order or bank draft - Drawn from a Canadian bank if your applying through paper, but Nigerian applicant are advised to apply online if they can

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 2:57pm On May 27, 2016
to be honest, you are the only one with the answer to this question.
It all boils down to what your long term life and career goals are and if you believe moving to Canada would be a step towards achieving them in comparison to where you are now as well as if you are willing and able to meet up the financial demands of the PR application process as well as the costs of settling down in a new country.
Relocating for all health professionals is not quite so easy as you know, this is because without a license to practice our degrees are almost useless.So, you need to properly assess the time it would take you to pass the boards and get a license then the availability of jobs.
In a nutshell, I am saying you probably need to do more research as to how life in Canada is for an international pharmacy graduate.
veleta:
Thanks Vcole,I saw the process,its similar to evaluation for doctors.
Pls,hope am not asking too much,is it worth it to leave a Pharmacy job in a teaching hospital with three years experience for Canada express entry.
Thanks for your time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by veleta: 4:05pm On May 27, 2016
@Pinkygrace,thanks a million.I really appreciate.
@Vcole,thanks too for your advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by back2dmatter: 7:56pm On May 27, 2016
@ all the Gurus in the house,

Is it compulsory for Husband and Wife to write the IELTS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2016
It is not compulsory. But if u want more points, it's advisable that both of them writes it. So I will advice that they should both write IELTS, so as to get more points.... #myopinion.

back2dmatter:
@ all the Gurus in the house,

Is it compulsory for Husband and Wife to write the IELTS?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hsim247(m): 11:09pm On May 27, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Marvelz(m): 12:23am On May 28, 2016
Hello great people! I have been following this thread for a while and it has bee quite informative. Please I need your advice on Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program. I entered the EE pool in February with a CRS of 452. The recent ITAs have been trending up and I am considering having my wife also entering the EE pool. She has a cousin in Manitoba who is willing to support her application to MPNP. My question is does she have to state that I have applied to another province since this will mean losing 100 points in the MPNP score? The truth is I chose several provinces as possible destinations in my EE profile. I will appreciate your counsel on this issue. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:06am On May 28, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:24am On May 28, 2016
veleta:
Pursing this EE is capital intensive and don't want to abandon it half way.Thanks o again
The EE is actually the easiest and cheapest part. Getting the license to practice in your profession is the big thing in Canada.
Not just for Pharmacists alone but all regulated professions like physios, nurses, doctors, accountants, engineers e.t.c

No one can answer your questions. Life is all about risk.
I heard of two directors of pharmacy working in teaching hospitals in Nigeria who took the leap of faith. One now has her license and the other is still preparing for exams. You are still young, and with just 3 years of work experience. The sky is not even your limit if you are ready to put in the effort and work. At the end of the day, it's your decision to make.

Just to let you know, the qualifying exams are difficult. some people never got past mcq and most never got past osce. But that won't be your portion if you work really hard and back it up with prayer. You must be ready to study hard and really know what pharmacy practice entails not that stuff we do in Nigeria. I heard an OAU grad say all the stuff he was taught back in Ife Pharmacy were only good enough for the very first exam. Do not rush them, there is a limit on how many times the exams can be retaken except if you are on some sort of limited stay visa. That is why EE is the best option for you. The successful IPG's I know in that profession spent an average of three years to get the license because there is not really a syllabus for the exams unlike in countries like the UK where a diploma from some uni would make transition easy.

What I would advice is that: do apply for EE, if dem choose you.then you can begin writing the exams one at a time while still holding your job in Nigeria. Once you pass all and left with just internship (usually secured through networking), then you can begin to think of relocating. Not all of us are good risk takers so I understand your plight. May God grant you success in your endeavors.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olurotimi1: 6:45am On May 28, 2016
Marvelz:
Hello great people! I have been following this thread for a while and it has bee quite informative. Please I need your advice on Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program. I entered the EE pool in February with a CRS of 452. The recent ITAs have been trending up and I am considering having my wife also entering the EE pool. She has a cousin in Manitoba who is willing to support her application to MPNP. My question is does she have to state that I have applied to another province since this will mean losing 100 points in the MPNP score? The truth is I chose several provinces as possible destinations in my EE profile. I will appreciate your counsel on this issue. Thanks in advance.
simply NO, by indicating all provinces does not mean you have applied there. Or do you have a file number from any of the provinces?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 12:48pm On May 28, 2016
Hello guys please I need info on writing ielts at ibadan.
My last ielts score was Listening 7 speaking 7.5 reading 8.5 writing 7
but my crs score is 411, if i had 8 in listening it would have been 475

so i have booked another ielts sharply but unfortunately i could only get ibadan thou am based in lagos
need info on possible venues as i dont have any contact in ibadan, will probably stay in a guest house.

will appreciate any help

regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cypha8: 6:19pm On May 28, 2016
Doggys:
Dear Rebe..No problem, i still need it, its not late, though i have submitted without it but i need to have it just in case the need arises. I'm highly expecting it, Thank you

For the benefit of all who need to make a Gift Deed, see sample below for your reference. You may attach other supporting documents like a sworn affidavit, LOE explaining the source of funds, donor bank statement, and net worth certificate of donor. Please only include additional documents that will help make your case. Your goal is to clear the VO of any doubts/suspicion, and not to confuse the VO. Best wishes...

Date:

To:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

GIFT DEED FOR (FULL NAME) (Express Entry Profile No.: E000123456)

I, NAME OF DONOR, do hereby on this day (ENTER DATE) make a Gift Deed for a gift of USD 12,000 (Twelve Thousand US Dollars) made on (FUNDS TRANSFER DATE), out of love and affection to my (ENTER RELATIONTIP TO RECEPIENT), (NAME OF RECEPIENT). I confirm that I am a resident in (COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE). I further confirm that this gift is being made out of my own funds from my Account No. (ENTER DONOR ACCOUNT NUMBER) in (NAME OF BANK), (FULL BANK BRANCH ADDRESS WITH COUNTRY), and paid into his/her Account No. (RECEIPIENT ACCOUNT NUMBER) in (NAME OF BANK), (FULL BANK BRANCH ADDRESS WITH COUNTRY).

I further confirm that the consideration for this gift is the love and affection for (ENTER RELATIONTIP TO RECEPIENT), (NAME OF RECEPIENT), and no other consideration.

I further confirm that the gift has been made by cheque number / wire transfer reference number: (ENTER NUMBER) dated (FUNDS TRANSFER DATE) drawn from my personal savings. This gift is irrevocable and I have no claim left whatsoever on the said gifted amount and he/she is free to utilise it in any manner.

PLACE:

DATED:

NAME OF DONOR

DONOR SIGNATURE

WITNESES SIGNATURE / INTIALS

The gift as stated above is accepted.

NAME OF RECEIPIENT

69 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 7:34pm On May 28, 2016
@cypha8, thanks for sharing. God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:41pm On May 28, 2016
SomebodyLovesMe:

If you wish to claim points for your work experience in your current work place, then yes - you will need a 'Letter of Experience' from your employer. The letter must follow a specific format, which can be found on the CIC website, and can be addressed to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Please give me the link to the relevant portion of the CIC website. Is it ok to address the letter to "To Whom It May be Concerned"?

Cc: irondome, dupyshoo, superchi, JesusDWay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 9:39pm On May 28, 2016
Fusion23:
Hello guys please I need info on writing ielts at ibadan.
My last ielts score was Listening 7 speaking 7.5 reading 8.5 writing 7
but my crs score is 411, if i had 8 in listening it would have been 475

so i have booked another ielts sharply but unfortunately i could only get ibadan thou am based in lagos
need info on possible venues as i dont have any contact in ibadan, will probably stay in a guest house.

will appreciate any help

regards.

The speaking test is held at Check Inn Hotel in Bodija while the LRW is held @ Marve 21 on Ring Road. The two locations are in 2 different parts of the city. I think you should book hotel around Ring Road to reduce the stress for your LRW. My thoughts though.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.