Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599101 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
It's so frustrating, I wonder how they want us to make for foreign transaction.
elothaddi:
With this new Review of The International Spending Limit from $250 to $100 sent out by banks yesterday, how else can one make payment for WES.

This is so annoying and I need to make the payment ASAP.

See below

Dear Customer,
Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard
We write to inform you of the monthly spending limits currently applicable when using your GTBank Naira MasterCard for International payments via POS and online.

Please see details below:

Channels

Previous Monthly Limit

New Monthly Limit
POS & Online $250 $100
Kindly note that ATM cash withdrawal on your Naira MasterCard is now only available in Nigeria.

For ways we can help you, please contact our Card Services Team at cardservices@gtbank.com or call GTConnect; our 24-hour fully interactive self-service contact centre on (234) 1-448 0000, 0700GTConnect (0700482666328), 080 2900 2900 or 0803900 3900.

Thank you for banking with us.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
I am experiencing same now o. For my OND verification with Kwara Poly, WES said they have sent email and letter but the school said they have not received anything. WES said i can do express courier if i want it to be tracked at $85. That is huge, that's like 66 USdollars - 30,000 Naira ontop courier.

i don't know what to do, can't pay that huge money in this recession o.

Fusion23:

You need to call wes , then also call unilag . Verification is done by Email also, this happened with OOU ,,,What must have happened was that unilag didnt get the verification email, so call wes or raise a complain that they shud resend the verification.

And follow up with unilag , my process took over two months I kept disturbing wes and oou the day oou finally replied the resent email, my report came the next day. Just an hint u can use internet call like mobile voip to call wes, cos its going to be a long call..or better still raise a complain on there website saying u want the verification resent. then follow up with unilag
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teeboy95: 6:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
Dear Gurus.

I have a question. For the recommendation letter from Employee can your supervisor sign or must it be people in HR department.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 12:56am On Oct 15, 2016
teeboy95:
Dear Gurus.

I have a question. For the recommendation letter from Employee can your supervisor sign or must it be people in HR department.

Thanks in advance
Your supervisor can sign. It's even better, as he can be easily reached, if any verification is needed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teeboy95: 1:15am On Oct 15, 2016
beyunce:

Your supervisor can sign. It's even better, as he can be easily reached, if any verification is needed.

Good to know..
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jetspeed: 7:58am On Oct 15, 2016
elothaddi:

Hello Jetspeed, I have just sent you a PM invite. I need you to help clarify some things about Saskatchewan application please.

check your mail for my response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 8:35am On Oct 15, 2016
Hello
Please for OOU Alumni in d house. I heard the fee for transcript has been increased to 50k. How true it it pls confirm.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 15, 2016
[bsc and mba

quote author=Curlie post=50098837]Hi Tiwatope, do you mean you had your Unilag cert completely assessed by WES in less than 2months? Was it BSc or MSc?

Mine was BSc and it has taken forever. At the moment, WES is still waiting for verification from school and school says they havent got anything from WES . Kindly guide me on how you did it.Did you pay for Courier or regular mail, do you have any contact person that may be able to help?

Please help me.

quote author=Tiwalope post=50038665]I did.mine less thaƱ 2 months quote author=Curlie post=49914312]

@JesusDWay, you didnt quite get my question. I am wondering why it is taking forever for WES to evaluate my Unilag degree, i have been on it for over 4 months and wondering if anyone here has had their Unilag transcript evaluated faster by WES. Currently, the status on WES is 'Waiting for verification from institution' and Unilag is saying they have not received anything from WES.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! undecided THANKS A LOT AND GOD BLESS[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bighead2: 11:21am On Oct 15, 2016
Hi

I think i can relate to your complaints... I was in that same boat a very short while ago... My Evaluation has been on since April this year.
Believe me, what happened in ur case is same that happened in mine... WES said they sent verification request, school said they didnt get anything. I was in this limbo for over 4months, until i called WES to send the request via Express Courier (Mind u, I advise u contact them via telephone, not EMAIL). They provided a link on my profile to make the payment of $85. To cut the long story short, b4 i could make the payment, my contact in my school told me they just received the request and this was almost 4months after wes supposedly sent it.

My advice to u is this... Kindly call WES and tell them to send it via express courier and they'll charge u $85. Else, u may end up waiting endlessly like me.
Thanks

Curlie:
Hi Tiwatope, do you mean you had your Unilag cert completely assessed by WES in less than 2months? Was it BSc or MSc?

Mine was BSc and it has taken forever. At the moment, WES is still waiting for verification from school and school says they havent got anything from WES . Kindly guide me on how you did it.Did you pay for Courier or regular mail, do you have any contact person that may be able to help?

Please help me.

quote author=Tiwalope post=50038665]I did.mine less thaƱ 2 months quote author=Curlie post=49914312]

@JesusDWay, you didnt quite get my question. I am wondering why it is taking forever for WES to evaluate my Unilag degree, i have been on it for over 4 months and wondering if anyone here has had their Unilag transcript evaluated faster by WES. Currently, the status on WES is 'Waiting for verification from institution' and Unilag is saying they have not received anything from WES.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! undecided THANKS A LOT AND GOD BLESS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 11:30am On Oct 15, 2016
Hello house. God bless you all immensely for the info on this thread. Please does anyone know if it's possible to include a dependent (a cousin that stays with me, 12 yrs of age) in my application? Do I need some form of court declaration? Kindly advise. Thanks very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
Good evening house, I just realized that I can apply for FSW with my 3 years PT OND certificate. However, I have been denied student Visa twice maybe because I did not include my OND certificate when applying or because I am in my late 30's going for undergraduate course. Also, I have three years Ban with Australia.
I have tried to explain myself before asking any question in this forum. I have some worries.
Please, do one start counting work experience after or before completion of study
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by saheedowolabi01: 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2016
segbas:
Hello
Please for OOU Alumni in d house. I heard the fee for transcript has been increased to 50k. How true it it pls confirm.

Thanks.
Yes, plus 1k Alumni and a lot of follow ups that sometimes can be frustrating.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TWoods(m): 7:54pm On Oct 15, 2016
nkechima:
Good evening house, I just realized that I can apply for FSW with my 3 years PT OND certificate. However, I have been denied student Visa twice maybe because I did not include my OND certificate when applying or because I am in my late 30's going for undergraduate course. Also, I have three years Ban with Australia.
I have tried to explain myself before asking any question in this forum. I have some worries.
Please, do one start counting work experience after or before completion of study

Your likelihood of getting a visa to countries like the UK, USA, Canada is already severely limited.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
Pls which bank's debit card can still do a daily transaction of 250$?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2016
Thank you. Pls does it include courier services or they are still using normal NIPOST.

saheedowolabi01:

Yes, plus 1k Alumni and a lot of follow ups that sometimes can be frustrating.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtk: 12:09am On Oct 16, 2016
Good evening House, I recently stumbled over this tread and have being going through it gradually. Pls assist. I have a B Eng degree obtained 2003 and an MBA obtained 2012 ( both from Nigeria) and about 9 years experience in the Banking sector. My wife has about 3 years work experience with first degree from Nig obtained 09 and a Masters from a UK univ obtained 2013. I will be the principal applicant and we are currently preparing for IELTS. My questions are:-
1. To get maximum CRS points while avoiding unnecessary spending, what ECA should we do - both Masters degrees alone Or we should evaluate the 1st degrees too.
2. Any difference in points if I evaluate my B Eng and MBA while wify evaluates Masters only.
3. Which Evaluation agency is the best to use now ? Considering processing time/ease and cost effectiveness.
Thanks in anticipation for responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maternal: 3:43am On Oct 16, 2016
nkechima:

I'm actually in the process of getting my cousin into Canada as a student. The recruiter said anyone over 30 coming in as a student they usually deny. Plus with your record with Australia you most likely won't get in.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lagosrd: 11:56am On Oct 16, 2016
maternal:
My cousin just came into Canada as a skilled worker . He has since received his PR card. He couldn't imagine how his life would be if he returned to naija and had to deal with the buhari economy . For those applying, keep on till you get it. It's well worth it and will forever changed your life.

I sent you a personal mail cos I noted your experience in explanations. You're the kind of people we need on this forum. People who can say the truth as it is. If travelling out of Nigeria will not favour one then the earlier the better one know so as to find other legitimate things to do. I give you kudos for the jobs you're doing here.

However I really want to know how to migrate to Canada with my family of two kids legitimately kindly enlighten me please. I need this info urgently. Thanks as you revert.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
maternal:

I'm actually in the process of getting my cousin into Canada as a student. The recruiter said anyone over 30 coming in as a student they usually deny. Plus with your record with Australia you most likely won't get in.
even PhD studies ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Empire14: 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
@duspy or other guru in the house ,i will like to ask if its a must to have pcc when applying for oinp when it comes out in nov ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
chinchum:
even PhD studies ?
His recruiter is obviously wrong.
Maybe what the recruiter meant to say was that people applying for diploma, pgcert or pgdip usually have an high refusal rate. Even at that, some still scale through.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Awarri: 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
Pls I have an ielt score of 6.5 and my results have my results evaluated by wes, wts d next step for me?

deking:

Your best bet is to focus on getting PNP if you do not have anyone in Canada, have never been there and do not have a masters.

You can start by getting your credentials evaluated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maternal: 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
lagosrd:

I sent you a personal mail cos I noted your experience in explanations. You're the kind of people we need on this forum. People who can say the truth as it is. If travelling out of Nigeria will not favour one then the earlier the better one know so as to find other legitimate things to do. I give you kudos for the jobs you're doing here.

However I really want to know how to migrate to Canada with my family of two kids legitimately kindly enlighten me please. I need this info urgently. Thanks as you revert.

To be honest I'm not qualified to answer such a question. I've seen family men here use numerous routes to get their family here, from refugee claim to coming as a skilled worker.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maternal: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
shinarambo1:

His recruiter is obviously wrong.
Maybe what the recruiter meant to say was that people applying for diploma, pgcert or pgdip usually have an high refusal rate. Even at that, some still scale through.

Obviously. Immigration is not black and white. She said and I quote, "people who apply as a student at 30 years and up usually have a 99 percent rejection rate by immigration". Regardless of whether its a diploma or degree program. Obviously theirs always an exception to the rule. They'll give a person admission, but immigration issues the visa. My cousin is 27 and is currently trying to get in another route. He appealed a decision and should be going for his 2nd interview soon. If he gets rejected again we'll be trying the school route. I'm just gathering all the info and filling out the paperwork so we can move to this route if he gets denied again.

Both the recruiter and lawyer said we should move quickly before he turns 30. I have a good job, I own my house where he'd be staying while in school, he'll be able to use my car and I'll be paying his school fees. I have more than enough money (liquid cash) they require and a huge line of credit from the bank just in case I run out of cash. Furthermore i'm a CAnadian citizen. Yet with all that he said immigration would most likely reject him. So what do you think the luck would be for someone who's 30 and up in naija and wants to come here for school without the support my cousin has ?

Lastly she said they're aware of the recession and how desperate people are trying to leave. That at 30 plus they question if person X is really trying to leave just for school. These embassies are not stupid my people.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by RedCapChief(m): 5:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
Adiahabasi:
Pls which bank's debit card can still do a daily transaction of 250$?

I don't think there's any Nigerian bank that allows $250 in a single transaction. Most set daily maximum at $100
Our forex market is in terrible shape

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by RedCapChief(m): 5:45pm On Oct 16, 2016
merrymum:
Hello house. God bless you all immensely for the info on this thread. Please does anyone know if it's possible to include a dependent (a cousin that stays with me, 12 yrs of age) in my application? Do I need some form of court declaration? Kindly advise. Thanks very much.

You are only allowed to bring your dependent child under the age of 19. Your are not allowed to bring your cousin.

If you attempt to adopt your cousin solely for the purpose of the application, the CIC will deny you. You will have to prove that the relationship between both parties is genuine i.e you really want to make the cousin your child.
The CIC will definitely try to prove the relationship is fraudulent and for the purpose of migration; however I don't know their methods. I've heard that if the child either above a certain age, has living relatives or was adopted close the time of application, then it will look suspicious. If the cousin is an orphan, it makes things a bit easier.

However, it is not impossible because there are people who have sponsored their cousins and relatives. Some of these methods border on illegality.

Yes, you will definitely need a court declaration.

In summary, theoretically it is not possible but people have done it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 7:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
RedCapChief:

You are only allowed to bring your dependent child under the age of 19.

However, it is not impossible because there are people who have sponsored their cousins and relatives. Some of these methods border on illegality.

Yes, you will definitely need a court declaration.

In summary, theoretically it is not possible but people have done it.

Thanks very much. I appreciate your reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtk: 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
Gurus in the house, I await responses.

dtk:
Good evening House, I recently stumbled over this thread and have being going through it gradually. Pls assist. I have a B Eng degree obtained 2003 and an MBA obtained 2012 ( both from Nigeria) and about 9 years experience in the Banking sector. My wife has about 3 years work experience with first degree from Nig obtained 09 and a Masters from a UK univ obtained 2013. I will be the principal applicant and we are currently preparing for IELTS. My questions are:-
1. To get maximum CRS points while avoiding unnecessary spending, what ECA should we do - both Masters degrees alone Or we should evaluate the 1st degrees too.
2. Any difference in points if I evaluate my B Eng and MBA while wify evaluates Masters only.
3. Which Evaluation agency is the best to use now ? Considering processing time/ease and cost effectiveness.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
dtk:
Good evening House, I recently stumbled over this tread and have being going through it gradually. Pls assist. I have a B Eng degree obtained 2003 and an MBA obtained 2012 ( both from Nigeria) and about 9 years experience in the Banking sector. My wife has about 3 years work experience with first degree from Nig obtained 09 and a Masters from a UK univ obtained 2013. I will be the principal applicant and we are currently preparing for IELTS. My questions are:-
1.Masters alone should suffice,if ur wife is younger she should be d principal applicant.
2. The marks are awarded for your highest qualification.No extra marks for evaluating d 1st degrees
3. I used WES, for UK degrees it takes less than a month...not sure abt Naija degrees. It's d cheapest as well if you don't choose d courier option.
Go to page 0 of this thread to understand the whole process better.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtk: 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
Thanks Adiahabasi. God Bless.

Adiahabasi:
1.Masters alone should suffice,if ur wife is younger she should be d principal applicant.
2. The marks are awarded for your highest qualification.No extra marks for evaluating d 1st degrees
3. I used WES, for UK degrees it takes less than a month...not sure abt Naija degrees. It's d cheapest as well if you don't choose d courier option.
Go to page 0 of this thread to understand the whole process better.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lagosrd: 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
maternal:

To be honest I'm not qualified to answer such a question. I've seen family men here use numerous routes to get their family here, from refugee claim to coming as a skilled worker.

Thanks so much for your honest and sincere answer. I think I cant stand the refugee stuff. Maybe skill workers . How do I process that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
maternal:

Thanks for your input but you did not answer my question. Please, go through my writeup again it says FSW program and not student visa. The question says "when do work experience start to count" before or after studies? i. e can one claim points on the experience one had before the completion of her course.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.