Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599471 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:15am On Nov 16, 2016
If she rewrites IELTS, it will add about 4-6 marks to your score (not certain). The most important factor is your IELTS score.

dammysanmi:
We both have over 6 years work experience individually. I'll attempt the IELTS exam one more time, and ace it too. I infer that she does not need to re-attempt the IELTS (she's already demotivated anyway)
Thanks a lot @dupyshoo.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 16, 2016
@ dupyshooo. in fact u are blessed can't thank u enough .u too much. I will get back to you as per the requirements u stated as per the family stream. I will let u know. thanks bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 10:08am On Nov 16, 2016
dupyshoo:
Why are you having just CRS score of 270? Very strange!! How many years of work experience do you have?

Also, MBBS is rated the same level as Masters so you don't need MSc. With your age, 3 year work experience, MBBS and CLB 10 IELTS score, you should have 481.

@dupyshoo I made an error, I meant 470!
Anywyas make I write Ielts first.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:12am On Nov 16, 2016
Okay. 470 is not bad. I think you can get higher score. you just need to target CLB10. A friend wrote his a month ago after about 2-3 months preparation and had 9,8.5,9,8 in LRSW. So it is possible to get very high score.

I wish you all the best

esosa4real:

@dupyshoo I made an error, I meant 470!
Anywyas make I write Ielts first.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:13am On Nov 16, 2016
Hello guys...

Well done to everyone that has contributed to this thread.

I have read every page since I bumped into it about 2 months ago... Though I had no reason to post since I kinda understood what I needed to do.

My wife is the principal applicant here and our score stands at 444 with her masters' and IELTS score of 9, 8.5, 8, 8.5 LRWS. I haven't done my ECA yet as I have only Secondary School Certificate and about 2 years of Uni, cos I dropped out of school to start my own business, but I eventually worked in various corporate organizations.

I only decided to write IELTS recently when I realized Ontario PNP wasn't in sight and I got 8, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5 LRWS. I wont bother contesting cos this gives me the maximum 20 points needed. Now we stand at 464.

I would like to know if I need to evaluate my Secondary School Certificate if that's the only thing I have. If so, would adding transcript for my 2/3 years of Uni be acceptable to be evaluated?

Also, does anyone please know the dates Report Forms can be picked up from British Council, Lagos. I can't remember the exact days of the week posted at the gate.

Thanks for your responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:14am On Nov 16, 2016
I am not a bro o, ayam a lady.

Anyways, let me how it goes.

oduzbaba89:
@ dupyshooo. in fact u are blessed can't thank u enough .u too much. I will get back to you as per the requirements u stated as per the family stream. I will let u know. thanks bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:21am On Nov 16, 2016
Wow!!
Congrats on you and wife's IELTS scores.

I don't think it is worth it evaluating only WASSCE. I think it will only add 2 more points to your CRS score. With 464, you might get ITA within few months.

I don't know the answer to your last question

boldinc:
Hello guys...

Well done to everyone that has contributed to this thread.

I have read every page since I bumped into it about 2 months ago... Though I had no reason to post since I kinda understood what I needed to do.

My wife is the principal applicant here and our score stands at 444 with her masters' and IELTS score of 9, 8.5, 8, 8.5 LRWS. I haven't done my ECA yet as I have only Secondary School Certificate and about 2 years of Uni, cos I dropped out of school to start my own business, but I eventually worked in various corporate organizations.

I only decided to write IELTS recently when I realized Ontario PNP wasn't in sight and I got 8, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5 LRWS. I wont bother contesting cos this gives me the maximum 20 points needed. Now we stand at 464.

I would like to know if I need to evaluate my Secondary School Certificate if that's the only thing I have. If so, would adding transcript for my 2/3 years of Uni be acceptable to be evaluated?

Also, does anyone please know the dates Report Forms can be picked up from British Council, Lagos. I can't remember the exact days of the week posted at the gate.

Thanks for your responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:22am On Nov 16, 2016
Hello. You can both ask for an EOR (enquiry on result) and get your tests remarked since you are within the 6 weeks window within which you are allowed to do so. You may get an upgrade and really you have nothing to lose. Its N15k per person and takes 6-10 weeks and if any section gets upgraded, the N15k gets refunded. There is no guarantee that your next ielts would be better and as it is, there are no available dates until January anyway for a new test. So, the way I see it, an EOR is a win/win situation for you.
My hubby did get his ielts remarked and both his speaking and writing were upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0 and 6.0 to 7.0 respectively. Result came out in 7 weeks.

Are you getting your Msc certificate in January or are you graduating in January? I am asking because I know some schools could take as long as ayear or more after graduation to issue the certificate. You would need to find out if WES or any of the approved evaluation bodies accept statement of results in lieu of certificates for verification purposes.

Since you do have a Masters degree you are the better choice for principal applicant. With an 8.0 in listening, age at 31, masters degree and 3yrs or more work experience and claiming points for your wife's degree and current ielts scores, your CRS will be 462. Not a bad score for the pool.

You should commence evaluation for your wife's degree now and then evaluate your Msc when its ready.
dammysanmi:
Hello All, though i've read through the previous posts, I'm sorry i still have to post this here to get the candid advice of already/near successful applicants for the FSW programme.

Did the IELTS exam 29th October - Results (browsed online) are
(ME) L-7.5 R-7.5 S-8 W-7.5 {i will be 31yrs by Feb 2017, B.Eng (Civil Engr), will get my MSc Construction Mgmt (UNILAG) certificate by Jan 2017}

[b](WIFEY)[/b]L-7.5 R-7.5 S-7 W-6.5 She will be 30yrs by April 2017, BSc (Biochemistry)

We have a 1 year son (that would mean we need about $18500 POF).
What options do you think are feasible now, considering
-No foreign educations to boost score (considering the new rules)
-No job offer
-No PNP yet
-Credentials have not been assessed (i'm wondering if i should wait for Jan to get my MSc Cert before submitting for ECA)
- i seriously believe that our IELTS results should be better.

A sponsor of mine was suggesting we use an agent (based in SA) which i'm partially against because they only seem to offer what proper individual research can do.

Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:31am On Nov 16, 2016
Thanks a lot @dupyshoo

As you said, it might not be worth it, but if 2/3 years transcript can be evaluated, it might get me up to 6 points. Doubt it can be done tho, as it was not a completed program.

dupyshoo:
Wow!!
Congrats on you and wife's IELTS scores.

I don't think it is worth it evaluating only WASSCE. I think it will only add 2 more points to your CRS score. With 464, you might get ITA within few months.

I don't know the answer to your last question

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:37am On Nov 16, 2016
Anyone picked up their IELTS result lately at the British Council in Lagos?

Please I need to know the days of the week allowed for pick up. It's written on their gate... I can't remember.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:37am On Nov 16, 2016
Hi.
I really don't know so much about a Canadian TRV for the purpose of visiting a fiance/fiancee. However, it should be possible for you to apply for a TRV for tourist purposes without listing her as the purpose of your visit. Provided you meet the usual eligibility requirements for a trv, you should be granted one.
However, it may be easier for her to get a tourist visa to the states (assuming she does not have one already) since she's PR. It may take her a bit of a while to settle down before applying for the spousal visa and I do know that that spousal visa app does take a while. Would your program be finishing soon?
Your marriage, as long as you are both ready to get hitched, can be done anywhere of your choice. Many couples have had their wedding ceremonies (traditional and white or nikkah) done months and even years later due to varying circumstances.
Fortissimo502:

Thanks jare. Yes it was just Fortissimo before.

I even need some more advice now sef abeg.

So I'm currently studying in the US on an F1 visa and as you know, my Nigerian fiancee just landed in Canada as a PR. We are planning to get our parents to do the intro and other traditional rites (bride price) on our behalf in Nigeria then she and I will do a court marriage either in US or Canada. Thereafter she will put in the spousal application. Does this sound ok? Going to naija to do the trad isn't really an option because of cost and time. We've been dating for like 4years by the way.

I saw somewhere that it's almost impossible to get TRV to visit fiancee/fiance in Canada. Is this true?

cc jesusdway et al.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:39am On Nov 16, 2016
Fridays, mondays....can' remember the last day.
boldinc:
Anyone picked up their IELTS result lately at the British Council in Lagos?

Please I need to know the days of the week allowed for pick up. It's written on their gate... I can't remember.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:40am On Nov 16, 2016
Thanks vcole..

I think I remember you from the USA birthing thread... do I?

vcole:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:46am On Nov 16, 2016
Yea. Tried catching up with that thread but realised its on part 5 now! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
boldinc:
Thanks vcole..

I think I remember you from the USA birthing thread... do I?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:48am On Nov 16, 2016
He had 7.5 in Listening section. As this is a multiple option section, I don't think it is worth it calling for a remark. I am yet to see someone who got an upgraded Listening or Reading IELTS score. I stand to be corrected though.

vcole:
Hello. You can both ask for an EOR (enquiry on result) and get your tests remarked since you are within the 6 weeks window within which you are allowed to do so. You may get an upgrade and really you have nothing to lose. Its N15k per person and takes 6-10 weeks and if any section gets upgraded, the N15k gets refunded. There is no guarantee that your next ielts would be better and as it is, there are no available dates until January anyway for a new test. So, the way I see it, an EOR is a win/win situation for you.
My hubby did get his ielts remarked and both his speaking and writing were upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0 and 6.0 to 7.0 respectively. Result came out in 7 weeks.

Are you getting your Msc certificate in January or are you graduating in January? I am asking because I know some schools could take as long as ayear or more after graduation to issue the certificate. You would need to find out if WES or any of the approved evaluation bodies accept statement of results in lieu of certificates for verification purposes.

Since you do have a Masters degree you are the better choice for principal applicant. With an 8.0 in listening, age at 31, masters degree and 3yrs or more work experience and claiming points for your wife's degree and current ielts scores, your CRS will be 462. Not a bad score for the pool.

You should commence evaluation for your wife's degree now and then evaluate your Msc when its ready.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2016
Before now, I thought speaking tests never got upgraded too, but you never know. The earliest available ielts test date across all centres in Nigeria as at today is Jan 7th, 2017. That's 7 weeks away. So, the way I see it, even if he registers to re-write the exam, he still won't get an opportunity to do so until 7 weeks from now. If he requests for an EOR, that would be about the same time it would take to get a response. As long as any other section gets upgraded, he would still get a refund. So, the way I see it, its a win/win. Also, there is his wife's as well. I can almost guarantee that those results would get an upgrade.
If it were me, I would apply for an EOR and take my chances. If it does not come out in my favour, I would then apply for another test date. After all, ECA is not even ready so there is time. N15k Vs. N68k for a new test to me is a no brainer.
dupyshoo:
He had 7.5 in Listening section. As this is a multiple option section, I don't think it is worth it calling for a remark. I am yet to see someone who got an upgraded Listening or Reading IELTS score. I stand to be corrected though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:47am On Nov 16, 2016
Yup! Part 5 now... It was useful for the birth of my son last year. Really helped a lot... Though I still follow thru for info on PTA and tickets.

Congrats on your ITA. Hope the application is going smoothly!

vcole:
Yea. Tried catching up with that thread but realised its on part 5 now! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
Thanks. Fingers crossed and waiting now.
boldinc:
Yup! Part 5 now... It was useful for the birth of my son last year. Really helped a lot... Though I still follow thru for info on PTA and tickets.

Congrats on your ITA. Hope the application is going smoothly!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fortissimo502: 12:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
nairalandbuzz:

As you just finished a hurdle concerning PoF, there are questions I would like to ask you if you dont mind.

I just sent you an email. Please do check your email.

ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fortissimo502: 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
vcole:
Hi.
I really don't know so much about a Canadian TRV for the purpose of visiting a fiance/fiancee. However, it should be possible for you to apply for a TRV for tourist purposes without listing her as the purpose of your visit. Provided you meet the usual eligibility requirements for a trv, you should be granted one.
However, it may be easier for her to get a tourist visa to the states (assuming she does not have one already) since she's PR. It may take her a bit of a while to settle down before applying for the spousal visa and I do know that that spousal visa app does take a while. Would your program be finishing soon?
Your marriage, as long as you are both ready to get hitched, can be done anywhere of your choice. Many couples have had their wedding ceremonies (traditional and white or nikkah) done months and even years later due to varying circumstances.

Thanks for your reply.

I just started my program, still about 2 more years to go. I just wanted to start the process little by little so that by the end of my program we can reunite. Let me see how it goes with the visa. I'd really like to visit her asap.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saturi: 2:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
dupyshoo:
Google IRCC office.

This question has been answered several times. I have even posted the address so you can check my previous posts for the address.

Thanks @duppyshoo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
@ dupyshoo thank u so much . I have forwarded the requirements when it was viewed I was told e should meet the requirements because its been like 10 years she has moved to the region but I go as told she has never bring anybody in before to canny. so the question now is that how does she goes about it. that the main tin. how do we go about the family stream PNP . what's the next line of action because I can see she is novince about the PNP family . what next brother. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by coolhayor: 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
Make sure u go before 12pm.
vcole:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
Thanks. That's for Friday alone...

I just need to be sure of the exact days of the week. I plan to go tomorrow, but I do not want to take the risk of driving all the way and not being able to get it. The info is not on their website either!

coolhayor:
Make sure u go before 12pm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
I do not think thursday is one of the days for collection though.
boldinc:
Thanks. That's for Friday alone...

I just need to be sure of the exact days of the week. I plan to go tomorrow, but I do not want to take the risk of driving all the way and not being able to get it. The info is not on their website either!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
If you have 2 years left for your study then I think you will be fine. Prior to this time, spousal visas took about 2 yrs to process. It may be shorter now. As it is, you may both need to consider shuttling in the mean time. Let her get settled and then apply for a US visa if she does not have one and you also apply for a trv and see how it goes.
Fortissimo502:

Thanks for your reply.

I just started my program, still about 2 more years to go. I just wanted to start the process little by little so that by the end of my program we can reunite. Let me see how it goes with the visa. I'd really like to visit her asap.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
3:03pm
@ dupyshoo thank u so much . I have forwarded the requirements when it was viewed I was told e should meet the requirements because its been like 10 years she has moved to the region but I go as told she has never bring anybody in before to canny. so the question now is that how does she goes about it. that the main tin. how do we go about the family stream PNP . what's the next line of action because I can see she is novince about the PNP family . what next brother. thanks
(Modify ) (Quote ) ( Report) (Share )
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
You will need to write IELTS and aim for CLB 8 and above. Also, what's your academic qualification? How many years of work experience do you have?

oduzbaba89:
3:03pm
(Modify ) (Quote ) ( Report) (Share )
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
@dupyshoo and all gurus please i have 7m as lump sum that will be xfered to me by my sister i dnt knw how to credit this to my account for POF so it will not raise eyebrow.
What do u suggest i do, pay it bit by bit or xfer all. Im presently having CRS of 472 im just waiting for wes evaluation so i can create my profile.
But i want the moni in my account now so it will start counting.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
Ok. Thanks. I'll just wait until Friday...

vcole:
I do not think thursday is one of the days for collection though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
A greater number of Invitations to Apply (ITA) have been issued than ever before in Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) latest draw from the Express Entry pool. A total of[b] 2,427[/b] ITAs were issued to candidates with a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of [b]470 [/b]or higher.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
Monday Tuesday and Friday. Friday before 12.

boldinc:
Ok. Thanks. I'll just wait until Friday...

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.