Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599683 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sensisosu: 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
boldinc:
Your score is 429...
vcole:
Do you have canadian work experience?

I have never been out of the country before so I do not have any Canadian work experience or could it mean something else..

Please house, is there any hope for me..? Even if I have to re-write the ielts

Please I need your humble advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
If you read your invitation letter (IMM5791) fully, you would see that you are required to decline your invitation if and when your status (or that of your wife) changes before submitting your application.

My 'humble' advice is that you find a way to SUBMIT your application before your wife's birthday (since that will reduce your points).

Empire14:
Hello I need someone to put me tru , me and my wife score is 471 and we got invitation the last draw but I am on training abroad now. I won't be back till dec and our score will have drop to 466 due to my wife age.pls I wanna knw if it won't affect our application when applying
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by debeams: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
Gymme:
If you read your invitation letter (IMM5791) fully, you would see that you are required to decline your invitation if and when your status (or that of your wife) changes before submitting your application.

My 'humble' advice is that you find a way to SUBMIT your application before your wife's birthday (since that will reduce your points).

Not true. Your point don't drop for age upon ITA. It's even stated categorically in the letter. Just make sure you submit within 60 day and not 90 days(that will commence from next draw) Allm da best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Empire14: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
@ dupyshoo pls kindly help us with this issue on ground

Not true. Your point don't drop for age upon ITA. It's even stated categorically in the letter. Just make sure you submit within 60 day and not 90 days(that will commence from next draw) Allm da best.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
Ok oo. You are right!

So @Empire14 you don't need to worry as far as you submit within 60 days.

debeams:

Not true. Your point don't drop for age upon ITA. It's even stated categorically in the letter. Just make sure you submit within 60 day and not 90 days(that will commence from next draw) Allm da best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chuks1000: 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 8:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Gymme:
Ok oo. You are right!

So @Empire14 you don't need to worry as far as you submit within 60 days.

This is true. If the applicant has already received an ITA, then as long as s/he still has the same crs as at the day of the invite, then the application is good to go. It is the age as at the day of receiving the invite that is of importance.
However, if the invitation is declined and then a re entry into the pool happens after the birthday, the crs would automatically drop by 5 points.
Bottom line, submit the application before the 60 day deadline.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 8:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
sensisosu:

I have never been out of the country before so I do not have any Canadian work experience or could it mean something else..

Please house, is there any hope for me..? Even if I have to re-write the ielts

Please I need your humble advice
If you take a look at the screenshot of the crs calculator you posted earlier you would notice that you are awarded points for Canadian work experience. You may want to carefully read each question and provide appropriate answers and re calculate your points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
A lil' reading could provide answers to seemingly confusing questions. @empire14, endeavour to take time out to read your letter of invitation.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sensisosu: 10:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
I JUST RE-EVALUATED MY INFORMATION AND WHAT I HAVE IS THIS

Core/Human capital factors

Age = 110
Level of education = 120
Study in Canada = undefined
Official Languages = 136
First Official Language = 136
Second Official Language = 0
Canadian work experience = 72
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 438

ANY HOPE FOR ME?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
[quote author=segbas post=51274088]If you are not satisfied with boldinc advice, you can pay me $1k, I will list all the document you will need to submit.

Just kidding....

You are about to pay $1900 for the service you will render by yourself, because you are the one that will provide all information, they will just submit your document for you. Kalas... lobatan.

Pls take time to follow all the advise, instructions on this thread....

[Pls dont try it.i paid them 4 doing nothing.i regret d day i connected 2 dem.dey help with nothing. David cohen is a scam]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 10:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
[quote author=boldinc post=51273600]You really do not need the services of an Agent. You can do it all yourself easily...

That's my opinion though, cos what they would do for you is not different from information you get from this thread.

All the best!

[David cohen is a scan.pls do not try it]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
I get you, you can never meet up with David cohen list of laws. I've fallen a victim too not knowing it's all I can do by myself. Got my nomination on the 18th from sinp. Just follow what has been shared on this forum[quote author=byskoye post=51282167][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:34am On Nov 23, 2016
Kindly sow the money into my life instead of dashing David Cohen!!!

On a serious note, as most people have said, you can go through the process without the need for an agent.

uvbiakpo:
Please House kindly advise me on this...

Hi xxxxx,

It was as pleasure speaking with you earlier today.

The Attorney Fees for representing you throughout the Express Entry process total 1990 US, divided into 2 instalments:

1st Instalment: 995 US
2nd Instalment: 995
-----------------------
TOTAL: 1990 US
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:38am On Nov 23, 2016
How did you get 136 on your first official language? and why are you getting points for canadian work experience when you do not have canadian work experience?
kindly answer the questions appropriately and you would get your correct crs score which should be 429 same as boldinc and I did.
Nevertheless, I have already answered your "any hope for me" question in a previous post.
sensisosu:
I JUST RE-EVALUATED MY INFORMATION AND WHAT I HAVE IS THIS

Core/Human capital factors

Age = 110
Level of education = 120
Study in Canada = undefined
Official Languages = 136
First Official Language = 136
Second Official Language = 0
Canadian work experience = 72
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 438

ANY HOPE FOR ME?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by megababajo: 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hello House,

Please I need advice on employment reference letter.

I really do not want to tell my HR about my immigration plans for obvious reasons. My Manager is OK writing but she said she won't write on the Company Letterhead (i.e. only on plain paper). I guess the HR can give a letter but it will be a generic letter and will not have the required details.

Please what is the way out?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 12:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
I do not think you have another way out.

If your supervisor / Manager can write the letter on the company letter headed paper, that would have been an easier option.

Otherwise, HR is the only way to go... But if you have gotten ITA, why not just let them know your plans or you plan to come back to work there shortly? Either way, they would need to be privy to the info...

megababajo:
Hello House,

I really do not want to tell my HR about my immigration plans for obvious reasons. My Manager is OK writing but she said she won't write on the Company Letterhead (i.e. only on plain paper). I guess the HR can give a letter but it will be a generic letter and will not have the required details.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
Will the Manager include his ID card and signature? If yes, then you can attach the letter from the Manager, his ID card and the generic letter from HR. In addition, include a letter of explanation that HR only issue generic letter, hence the need to get a more detailed letter from your manager.

megababajo:
Hello House,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 5H4D3(f): 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
esosa4real:

Doctor & Web developer, hmm I Love your combinasion!! (in jenifas voice) grin smiley grin lol
Don't mind me, I have common interests in both Medicine and Web design.......that's why I said so!

Anyways I think both of you stand a chance, The both of you should evaluate your degrees, write ielts and be ready to make separate profiles and both state your married. It might just be you who will get a quick chance by way of Provincial Nomination. I have found web developers (foreigners) who migrate via PR but was on the canadavisa forum.

Note: as a web developer, you need to be ready to show proof of employment as regards 3years experience. I know it is very likely you are working freelance (on your own), for that I don't know how you will show proof, maybe other members here will help suggest.

For Doctor, the method of degree evaluation is not WES, its by the Medical council of Canada and it requires some time and money, so the sooner he starts it, the better.
check this nairalander's page (@vcole), you will see a page where she explained the steps, amount involved and process from beginning to end.
Lastly. you should provide your ages and your level of education (BSc or masters) so we can project the most likely principal applicant but generally I think your field is sought in Canada so making two profiles for you and husband wont be a bad idea.
@vcole @Jesusdway @iphie25 @dupsyshoo what yall think?

Shallom!

Thanks for your response. Please, do you mean we should apply separately with each of us being the principal applicant in each case? I have a btech in Computer science and I ve been working with a software development firm since 2012. He also has MBBS and practicing since 2013. Any other doctor or web designer here should please comment. Also, we ll like to know the processes of getting a license for my husband or doing residency program. We don't mind schooling to get things started. But not like doing another degree sha. lol. Thanks. I anticipate your kind response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by megababajo: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
boldinc:
I do not think you have another way out.

If your supervisor / Manager can write the letter on the company letter headed paper, that would have been an easier option.

Otherwise, HR is the only way to go... But if you have gotten ITA, why not just let them know your plans or you plan to come back to work there shortly? Either way, they would need to be privy to the info...

Thanks for your response. I dont have ITA yet though hoping to get before end of Dec. Sitting at 469 but will drop to 464 on 22nd Dec. (bday). I am just trying to get everything ready should Nova Scotia open their PNP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by megababajo: 1:25pm On Nov 23, 2016
dupyshoo:
Will the Manager include his ID card and signature? If yes, then you can attach the letter from the Manager, his ID card and the generic letter from HR. In addition, include a letter of explanation that HR only issue generic letter, hence the need to get a more detailed letter from your manager.

Thanks very much, I''ll look into this. I believe my Manager can include her business card and signature.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sure... Anytime...

I'm Sitting at 464 as well and hoping for an ITA soon too!

All the best!

megababajo:

Thanks for your response. I dont have ITA yet though hoping to get before end of Dec. Sitting at 469 but will drop to 464 on 22nd Dec. (bday). I am just trying to get everything ready should Nova Scotia open their PNP.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by femiaction(m): 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2016
femiaction:
Hello House, thanks for your contribution. Please i want to know how WES verify the certificate. Is WES sent and email to my school or by post? Because i received an email from WES yesterday that the copy of my certificate has been sent to my school for verification. Thanks for your response
Please house I need answer to my question. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
I think you need to contact your school to confirm, cos WES will need a reply directly from them for verification.

femiaction:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
Finally WES completed my ECA..... Next level
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by femiaction(m): 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2016
femiaction:
My school said the website was down and the school email is not working. I just want to know if it is verify through email or post. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sensisosu: 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
vcole:
How did you get 136 on your first official language? and why are you getting points for canadian work experience when you do not have canadian work experience?
kindly answer the questions appropriately and you would get your correct crs score which should be 429 same as boldinc and I did.
Nevertheless, I have already answered your "any hope for me" question in a previous post.

using the highest possible variables for ielts... i have been studying for 3 months.. secondly I believe canadian work experience is also my work experience in Nigeria...? correct me if I am wrong.

boldinc:
Sure... Anytime...
I'm Sitting at 464 as well and hoping for an ITA soon too!
All the best!

you mentioned you have 464.. how did you increase your crs score?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sensisosu: 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
I am 27 yearrs old,
Bachelor degree in Nursing,
I've worked as a nurse full time 3 years and part time 3 years.
I am single,
no foreign work experience.

with the above information.. what are my chances and what do i need to do to get a good crs score..

@vcole @boldinc.. Please advice..

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2016
sensisosu:

using the highest possible variables for ielts... i have been studying for 3 months.. secondly I believe canadian work experience is also my work experience in Nigeria...? correct me if I am wrong.

you mentioned you have 464.. how did you increase your crs score?

your work experience in Nigeria falls under foreign work experience when filling the crs calculator.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.