Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,744 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599436 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 11:37am On Feb 11, 2017
WES evaluates professional certificate but ICAN doesn't give you additional points as it is not equivalent to a Canadian certificate only ACCA counts as BSC.

wunmimi:
Hello, is ICAN equivalent to two or more certificate? I am not sure of this because ICAS did not evaluate my ICAN result/Certificate when i did my evaluation years back. They only evaluated my University degree and told me they were not designated for evaluating professional Certificate like ICAN.
House please help touchlight this matter abeg

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 11:46am On Feb 11, 2017
Ehrnie:

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated. If I put NYSC and the tax office work as employment, please will I be asked to provide references for both employment? I.e. Will I need to provide references for jobs listed under personal history? Reason i asked is because my NYSC was done with a small company and I don't have any documentation to prove this (we were even paid over the counter...so, no docs at all). For the tax office work, I have my employment letter, resignation letter and a few payslips

Please note that I am not claiming points for both employment.
No references required for employment you put in personal history only.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 11:49am On Feb 11, 2017
Adiahabasi:

Great! Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blaizetony: 11:54am On Feb 11, 2017
Hello house, back to the question of two or more cert, my friend has evaluated his BSC with WES, now he has a separate NIM cert which is not evaluated but the cert says its a graduate diploma. My question is ...can he use both to gain points for 2 or more cert? Because the rule states :

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blaizetony: 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2017
Adiahabasi:

What if one claims points for an employment lets say between 2012-2014, but not with his present job... does the person need to provide ref letter for the present job that he didnt claim points for? Or like u said, put in personal history??

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
toyinakande:
Good morning. Please how did you go about the police report application for US? I need to apply. Thanks.
I followed the instructions on the CIC website which directed me to the FBI site. I downloaded and printed out all the forms - application form, fingerprint card and credit card payment form, filled everything and posted to the US. Package should arrive by Monday. I am tracking it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wunmimi: 12:24pm On Feb 11, 2017
oh! thank you Bimpsy99.
Bimpsy99:
WES evaluates professional certificate but ICAN doesn't give you additional points as it is not equivalent to a Canadian certificate only ACCA counts as BSC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2017
Asking on behalf of a friend;
(1) can you apply for student permit and also have an active EE profile (2) Can you have two active EE profiles + (apply for student permit)?

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Taslas: 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2017
My previous employer insists the company cannot write reference letter in CIC format. Please is there any other ways to go about this in submitting my document.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deltadeltadelta: 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2017
Thanks richieadeolu for correcting me then. I just wanted to be sure about the whole process. Thanks

richieadeolu:
Oga deltadeltadelta, your assertion is not correct. As soon as you have up to the CRS score and your profile is active, you will be invited.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deltadeltadelta: 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2017
My employer in UK said the same thing to me!

Taslas:
My previous employer insists the company cannot write reference letter in CIC format. Please is there any other ways to go about this in submitting my document.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deltadeltadelta: 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2017
Hi dr hopeful,

Do you have all your references as well? I spent a year in Ghana prior to coming to Canada but I did not declare it because I was always going back to US every five months! I did not live in Ghana for six months at a stretch because when applying for PR/citizenship in most countries, you need to declare an absence of more than six months

drhopeful:
Hello house.... I am new to this thread but not new to Nairaland. Wonderful work you all are doing here. My profile....

WES evaluation - October 2015 (process lasted about 2 months)
Spouse's WES evaluation - September 2016 (process lasted 1 whole year, extremely enervating, some naija schools are just shit sha)
IELTS Test - Jan 7, 2017 (Results out Jan 20, 2017) Me - LRSW 9,8.5,8,7 (I ran out of time in the writing section, felt so terrible); Spouse - LRSW 8,8.5,9,7.5
Express Entry Profile created - Jan 20, 2017 (no waste of time), CRS 466
ITA Received - Jan 25, 2017

I thought I had everything under control but just realized I need US police certificate because I have exceeded the 6month cumulative threshold since I started visiting the US 7 years ago. I have applied but I understand it will take 12-14 weeks. I am so angry because I never knew this requirement of 'cumulative stay beyond 6 months.' I had my UK police certificate before I even wrote my IELTS and thought I was covered.

Has anyone received PPR with LOE and evidence of application for US police certificate? Secondly, I made a mistake in IELTS TRF number in my EE profile. Can that lead to a rejection with an LOE explaining that it was just a mistake? Thanks!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Taslas: 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2017
deltadeltadelta:
My employer in UK said the same thing to me!

How did you resolve this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 2:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
deltadeltadelta:
Hi dr hopeful,

Do you have all your references as well? I spent a year in Ghana prior to coming to Canada but I did not declare it because I was always going back to US every five months! I did not live in Ghana for six months at a stretch because when applying for PR/citizenship in most countries, you need to declare an absence of more than six months

Hi deltadeltadelta,

Please I do not understand the references you are referring to. Can you expatiate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2017
Well like I have been advised, I think you should hold on for atleast a week to expiration of your ITA before submitting with a LOE and evidence of applying for the US FBI PCC.
On the TRF number, if it is just a little mix up of numbers, I think a LOE can take care of that but if it is major change, it might be dicey as it might be seen as a deliberate way of manipulating the system.
In my opinion, probably, you should create a new EE profile with correct TRF number and see if you will be lucky to get another ITA in the next draw.
drhopeful:
Hello house.... I am new to this thread but not new to Nairaland. Wonderful work you all are doing here. My profile....

WES evaluation - October 2015 (process lasted about 2 months)
Spouse's WES evaluation - September 2016 (process lasted 1 whole year, extremely enervating, some naija schools are just shit sha)
IELTS Test - Jan 7, 2017 (Results out Jan 20, 2017) Me - LRSW 9,8.5,8,7 (I ran out of time in the writing section, felt so terrible); Spouse - LRSW 8,8.5,9,7.5
Express Entry Profile created - Jan 20, 2017 (no waste of time), CRS 466
ITA Received - Jan 25, 2017

I thought I had everything under control but just realized I need US police certificate because I have exceeded the 6month cumulative threshold since I started visiting the US 7 years ago. I have applied but I understand it will take 12-14 weeks. I am so angry because I never knew this requirement of 'cumulative stay beyond 6 months.' I had my UK police certificate before I even wrote my IELTS and thought I was covered.

Has anyone received PPR with LOE and evidence of application for US police certificate? Secondly, I made a mistake in IELTS TRF number in my EE profile. Can that lead to a rejection with an LOE explaining that it was just a mistake? Thanks!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2017
deltadeltadelta:
Hi dr hopeful,

CIC has changed it to 6 months cumulative.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 2:35pm On Feb 11, 2017
Obviously deltadeltadelta is not conversant with the way the EE works, my advice is that you direct your enquiries to those that have been successful in the past like my main babe dupshoo(God bless her heart), vcole, Fusion23 yo mention a few.
drhopeful:
Hi deltadeltadelta,

Please I do not understand the references you are referring to. Can you expatiate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2017
Why did you go to Canada to sight see? A very cold country!!! I can see that you have started doing half-baked research on how to migrate to Canada - the very cold country.

Please don't come here to boast about 2 MSC. There are a lot of people here with PhD and they keep quiet about their achievements. Even with 2 MSCs, you might still not get high CRS score if you don't have good IELTS score and the right age.

deltadeltadelta:
This is my opinion and it is obvious you did not realise it was a light-hearted way of expressing my opinion! Dnt be too sure that I do not have enough CRS score. I am on my second Msc and I decided to come to Canada as a sight-seeing experience!

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shamecurls(m): 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2017
dupyshoo:
Why did you go to Canada to sight see? A very cold country!!! I can see that you have started doing half-backed research on how to migrate to Canada - the very cold country.

Please don't come here to boast about 2 MSC. There are a lot of people here with PhD and they keep quiet about their achievements. Even with 2 MSCs, you might still not get high CRS score if you don't have good IELTS score and the right age.

Sorry for interrupting, What will you call the right age? Just want to learn.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 3:26pm On Feb 11, 2017
Below 30 with a good IELTS result and a Masters but with the current trend of ITA scores, atleast up to 34 with max IELTS result and atleast a Masters keeps the hope high.
shamecurls:

Sorry for interrupting, What will you call the right age? Just want to learn.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shamecurls(m): 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2017
Beem4cupid:
Below 30 with a good IELTS result and a Masters but with the current trend of ITA scores, atleast up to 34 with max IELTS result and atleast a Masters keeps the hope high.

Thanks! How about a 34, B-Tech, Married, B-Tech with 10years experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jelmusboy(m): 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2017
But will I be able to choose Medical Laboratory Technologist as my nominated NOC since my MSc is not related to that?

esosa4real:

Good, you have Masters. Better evaluate it ASAP and enter pool. Its the Masters that will fetch you maximum points in EE
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 4:06pm On Feb 11, 2017
deltadeltadelta:
This is my opinion and it is obvious you did not realise it was a light-hearted way of expressing my opinion! Dnt be too sure that I do not have enough CRS score. I am on my second Msc and I decided to come to Canada as a sight-seeing experience!

The first thing she wrote was "Immigrating to Canada or anywhere is a personal and tough decision. You need the right mindset to do very well when you relocate to a different country. With this your mindset, it is better you stay wherever you are. Please, try not to discourage others that are giving it their best.". You see, the argument isn't about your opinion. You basically just said "don't go to Canada, nothing good will come out of it". Now while she's too polite to call your "opinion" silly in every sense of the word, I on the hand don't share the same constraint.....especially as it can be observed that you've set out to discourage people from an endeavour that you're now actively pursuing. You're "on" your second MSc and two people had to dispel your notion that ITA was handed out in the form of a "lotto". You know what I find funny....no its not your first post, it's the fact that you argued about the ITA with a broken link that would've probably run contrary to your argument. Two Masters and you'd think one would grasp something so simple on the first read. I hope you like palm oil because I believe you need to improve your eyesight, you missed the ITA bit, chances are you might be in Siberia and think you're in Canada. Someone with an even lower tolerance for your shenanigans, might suggest Specsavers but I'd like you to save your funds, seeing as Canada is very expensive. As for death from cold, well.....only path to death people should worry about is from stupidity. Every other event is most likely out of one's hand. It's the avoidable that just kills you!.....pun intended.

P.S I don't know what temitope06 and richieadeolu are on about, you were right, it's like a lotto.....just like baba ijebu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by keni: 5:03pm On Feb 11, 2017
[quote author=40manlappy post=53612712]@Atlantic Immigration Pilot

My people, in anticipation of this program which opens early next month, I would like us to "reason" it together cool

I took of the sentence: "To apply, you need a job offer from a designated employer in an Atlantic province". This suggests that it is going to be an employer-driven program.

Forum members who are based in the following provinces or have useful information should please tell us which occupations are in demand over there: New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/atlantic/index.asp[/quote

Ignore that guy Jare, 40man have been thinking about the same thing am still doing research sha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 5:20pm On Feb 11, 2017
Beem4cupid:
Well like I have been advised, I think you should hold on for atleast a week to expiration of your ITA before submitting with a LOE and evidence of applying for the US FBI PCC.
On the TRF number, if it is just a little mix up of numbers, I think a LOE can take care of that but if it is major change, it might be dicey as it might be seen as a deliberate way of manipulating the system.
In my opinion, probably, you should create a new EE profile with correct TRF number and see if you will be lucky to get another ITA in the next draw.
Thanks. I will hold on till the last week or so but it will be close to the time my Naija PCC would be expiring.

On the TRF number, I am not sure what constitutes a minor or major change. The change was with the year. So instead of 16...., I wrote 17... So what do you guys think?

In creating another EE profile, can I use the same email address as current profile? I am asking because all my docs carry my current email address.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deltadeltadelta: 5:39pm On Feb 11, 2017
Yes, I know about parking plugs for cars, heated car seats and a whole lot more. Truth is these mechanisms sometimes struggle to cope in terrible weather conditions -even when it is very hot, car AC in the most recently manufactured car can take a while to cope!

When I was in UK, any weather condition that is negative results in closure of facilities most times and you would often wonder why because they should be used to it by now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 11, 2017
drhopeful:
Thanks. I will hold on till the last week or so but it will be close to the time my Naija PCC would be expiring.

On the TRF number, I am not sure what constitutes a minor or major change. The change was with the year. So instead of 16...., I wrote 17... So what do you guys think?

In creating another EE profile, can I use the same email address as current profile? I am asking because all my docs carry my current email address.
Just decline and wait for another draw. Correct ur data!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 11, 2017
deltadeltadelta:
Yes, I know about parking plugs for cars, heated car seats and a whole lot more. Truth is these mechanisms sometimes struggle to cope in terrible weather conditions -even when it is very hot, car AC in the most recently manufactured car can take a while to cope!

When I was in UK, any weather condition that is negative results in closure of facilities most times and you would often wonder why because they should be used to it by now.
Go and rest...or come to Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deltadeltadelta: 5:49pm On Feb 11, 2017
I visit Nigeria at most twice a year because I have "familique" there."Take a break" would have been aappropriate though I do not see any thing bad in what you wrote.

elfmann:

Go and rest...or come to Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2017
elfmann:

Just decline and wait for another draw. Correct ur data!
Thanks but it's just so scary declining ITA for just that reason. What if the cut off scores go above my score all of a sudden?

cc vcole, dupyshoo, etc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 11, 2017
40manlappy:
@Atlantic Immigration Pilot

My people, in anticipation of this program which opens early next month, I would like us to "reason" it together cool

I took of the sentence: "To apply, you need a job offer from a designated employer in an Atlantic province". This suggests that it is going to be an employer-driven program.

Forum members who are based in the following provinces or have useful information should please tell us which occupations are in demand over there: New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/atlantic/index.asp

What l understand by this is that the designated employer must registered with them and key into the program.Now who are the designated employers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.