Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,333 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2606218 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chubbiest: 6:53am On Dec 08, 2015
smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chubbiest: 6:54am On Dec 08, 2015
We have 45 days to respond.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaintoy(f): 6:56am On Dec 08, 2015
zandora:

Sorry I've been MIA, I was preparing to land in Canada and landed a few days back and immediately started the job hunting process which is quite stressful. Yet still I'll try my best in answering queries whenever I can cry
Chaiiii Zandora, see as you just leave us for here. Enjoy Canada, sure fortune's gonna smile on you soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 08, 2015
Please how much do I have to pay for WES ECA? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by berexio1: 7:26am On Dec 08, 2015
Good to know u are now in Canada @Zandora. What province?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsM: 9:42am On Dec 08, 2015
beyunce:

You will surely get the maximum language points. I want to be like you come January lol. Any tips on the writing part?

Hello there! I will advise that you practice writing examples. ..at least 3 of each..and look for someone to 'mark' it for you. Time yourself (I used a stopwatch to practice) You can write more than 150 or 250 words...dont write too much though and most importantly..dont write less than the required words. Also..take into consideration the tense that was used in the question. If it was something that happened in the past, use appropriate past tense..and if its something that is present..use present continous. Dot your I's and cross your t's. Divide your writeup into paragraphs and make sure your writing is legible.
You should also try to take a couple of minutes to write out the points you want to write on and then just develop them. Just refer back to secondary school essay writing.
Finally..make sure you read over what you've written before time runs out. There might just be some little little mistakes you missed. USE PENCIL TO WRITE.It just makes it easier for you to make corrections. Oh ...also try to take more than 1 pencil. Two or three will be better..because anything can happen! Here is wishing you goodluck for January!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 12:25pm On Dec 08, 2015
MrsM:

Hello there! I will advise that you practice writing examples. ..at least 3 of each..and look for someone to 'mark' it for you. Time yourself (I used a stopwatch to practice) You can write more than 150 or 250 words...dont write too much though and most importantly..dont write less than the required words. Also..take into consideration the tense that was used in the question. If it was something that happened in the past, use appropriate past tense..and if its something that is present..use present continous. Dot your I's and cross your t's. Divide your writeup into paragraphs and make sure your writing is legible.
You should also try to take a couple of minutes to write out the points you want to write on and then just develop them. Just refer back to secondary school essay writing.
Finally..make sure you read over what you've written before time runs out. There might just be some little little mistakes you missed. USE PENCIL TO WRITE.It just makes it easier for you to make corrections. Oh ...also try to take more than 1 pencil. Two or three will be better..because anything can happen! Here is wishing you goodluck for January!

Wow! Thank you so much. Your tips will surely help, come January.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2015
zandora:

Sorry I've been MIA, I was preparing to land in Canada and landed a few days back and immediately started the job hunting process which is quite stressful. Yet still I'll try my best in answering queries whenever I can cry

Hey Zanzan,

Congrats dear and wishing you the best!
Just a piece of info I found helpful myself about jobs. When I visited Canada in May this year on vacation, I did research about getting jobs there. First is having a skills that is in high demand. How do I know it true? Between June and Nov. I have passed two certification exams, one of them was a Canadian certification the other an American. I created a profile on the job site ca.indeed.com and monster.ca
So far I have turned down six high paying job offers! The reason was simple. I used a Canadian address but I'm in Nigeria. I did that just to validate that what i'm doing reflects the job market demand. I have remove my job profiles and will work on My EE profile to up my CRS.
Zandora, this story is just to let you know that the jobs are there. Hope you've got skills that is in high demand? All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SuccessGee(m): 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hey superchi, thanks for that heads up. Can you please confirm your profession with NOC, the certification you passed and the province

superchi:

Hey Zanzan,

Just a piece of info I found helpful myself about jobs. When I visited Canada in May this year on vacation, I did research about getting jobs there. First is having a skills that is in high demand. How do I know it true? Between June and Nov. I have passed two certification exams, one of them was a Canadian certification the other an American. I created a profile on the job site ca.indeed.com and monster.ca
So far I have turned down six high paying job offers! The reason was simple. I used a Canadian address but I'm in Nigeria. I did that just to validate that what i'm doing reflects the job market demand. I have remove my job profiles and will work on My EE profile to up my CRS.
Zandora, this story is just to let you know that the jobs are there. Hope you've got skills that is in high demand? All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pricelessmr: 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
superchi:

Hey Zanzan,

Very useful post.
How do you determine skills in high demand for different fields in Canada? Or do you mean generic skills?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 5:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
SuccessGee:
Hey superchi, thanks for that heads up. Can you please confirm your profession with NOC, the certification you passed and the province
pricelessmr:

Very useful post.
How do you determine skills in high demand for different fields in Canada? Or do you mean generic skills?
Thank you.

I will attempt to answer your questions to my best. Trades skills like plumber, auto technician etc will ordinarily be high in demand but I can't start there. So I research the top job site for Canada to see who employers a looking for. How do I do my research? Simple! i just use keywords to search these sites for example I type 'devops' and search. I get the result that shows all the number and jobs type with ''devops'' (devops, is a IT project management practice). The result even gives you the pay scale based on years of experience. The approach I mentioned is the most simple way to know jobs that are in high demand for personal use. Another thing I learnt was Canadian employer love Canadian qualifications. And why not?! I will like you to do your check, get relevant Canadian education or a simple popular certifications. I'm in Business Development, the NOC is something like 4163. In order to be free to do jobs that comes my way, I decided not to be the principal applicant. Even if PNP, I go to where the job is in Canada and the family remain in the nominated province! I hope this clarifies!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pricelessmr: 7:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
superchi:

I will attempt to answer your questions to my best. Trades skills like plumber, auto technician etc will ordinarily be high in demand but I can't start there. So I research the top job site for Canada to see who employers a looking for. How do I do my research? Simple! i just use keywords to search these sites for example I type 'devops' and search. I get the result that shows all the number and jobs type with ''devops'' (devops, is a IT project management practice). The result even gives you the pay scale based on years of experience. The approach I mentioned is the most simple way to know jobs that are in high demand for personal use. Another thing I learnt was Canadian employer love Canadian qualifications. And why not?! I will like you to do your check, get relevant Canadian education or a simple popular certifications. I'm in Business Development, the NOC is something like 4163. In order to be free to do jobs that comes my way, I decided not to be the principal applicant. Even if PNP, I go to where the job is in Canada and the family remain in the nominated province! I hope this clarifies!

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TruePearl(f): 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
Has anyone been able to log into mycic in the last few days? The message that has been coming up recently is "Our online services are down. Please try again later. Thank you for your patience. "
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
berexio1:
Good to know u are now in Canada @Zandora. What province?

Ontario.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
superchi:

Hey Zanzan,

Thanks a lot. Yes I know there are jobs, infact I've already been booked for 2 interviews for jobs in my field. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluwaethan: 8:08am On Dec 09, 2015
zandora:

Thanks a lot. Yes I know there are jobs, infact I've already been booked for 2 interviews for jobs in my field. Fingers crossed.

@Zandora,

What is your field?

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 11:59am On Dec 09, 2015
Hi JesusDWay,
Regarding reference letters from former employers. I tracked down my former employer from almost 10years back,he is not running the same business anymore and he his using a different company name now. I told him about him issuing reference letter for my past duties and he informed he no longer had letter head from the previous company anymore. What do you advise I do at this point?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Taiwotron(m): 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
zandora:

@Zandora Glad to know you are in Ontario province. I received a PT NOI from Ontario on the 4th of December which was last week Friday. With the set deadline of Jan 15th to either accept the NOI or reject the NOI. I will like to ask if you got your ITA through the Ontario Human Capital Stream, if Yes. What are my chances of getting a nomination from Ontario with a CRS of 406 if i accept the PT CRS from Ontario. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justwise(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
@Peters25

That is a scam and you just wasted your $50. If you want to read more about their fraudulent activities Google is there for you.

search this section as well for many threads opened by their victims.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
Taiwotron:
@Zandora Glad to know you are in Ontario province. I received a PT NOI from Ontario on the 4th of December which was last week Friday. With the set deadline of Jan 15th to either accept the NOI or reject the NOI. I will like to ask if you got your ITA through the Ontario Human Capital Stream, if Yes. What are my chances of getting a nomination from Ontario with a CRS of 406 if i accept the PT CRS from Ontario. Thanks

Although this question is directed to zandora, i can answer it on her behalf since i have been here for a while wink. She didn't get her ITA through the Ontario Human Capital stream but from CIC.
With respect to the PT, many may think otherwise, but i don't see why you will be denied a provincial nomination if you are able to prove that you actually have documents to back up your 406 points.

NB
I also got the PT last Friday. The truth is, i will like to stay in Ontario; but the time frame given to respond to the PT NOI is rather short - i don't rule out the likelihood of meeting up with the financial requirements though.. There is nothing the Almighty God cannot do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Peters25(m): 11:15pm On Dec 09, 2015
justwise:

@Peters25

That is a scam and you just wasted your $50. If you want to read more about their fraudulent activities Google is there for you.

search this section as well for many threads opened by their victims.

Thanks so much just wise.

I have searched and can't seem to find any thread on that. Kindly drop d link.

my post was.removed, I can't understand why.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:53am On Dec 10, 2015
beyunce:
Hi JesusDWay,
Regarding reference letters from former employers. I tracked down my former employer from almost 10years back,he is not running the same business anymore and he his using a different company name now. I told him about him issuing reference letter for my past duties and he informed he no longer had letter head from the previous company anymore. What do you advise I do at this point?

Thanks

If he still does the same business, you have no problem, he can use the new letterhead for you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by afogarantor: 6:34am On Dec 10, 2015
Good morning all,
Your candid advice is needed here,am married with a kid,I have HND in chemical engineering while my my has HND in biochemistry,my wife and baby in the US where she is presently doing a degree in nursing while am working here in naija,how do I go about my application pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by berexio1: 7:33am On Dec 10, 2015
zandora:

Ontario.
Where in Ontario?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 10, 2015
berexio1:
Where in Ontario?
Tracking... grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justwise(m): 11:13am On Dec 10, 2015
Peters25:

Thanks so much just wise.

I have searched and can't seem to find any thread on that. Kindly drop d link.

my post was.removed, I can't understand why.

This thread will not be used to discuss anything agent/agency, they always turn up here to back their dealings anytime their name is mentioned or a complain thread is started about their fraudulent activities.

If you don't believe me then go ahead and pay them and learn from the experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsM: 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hello people! Please I have a question oo. I just got a mail from WES that my assessment is ready. I only sent my certificate to them and I'm sure they received it. But my transcript was just sent yesterday and I know for sure that its enroute. Can they do assessment with just the degree certificate? Should I be worried?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by berexio1: 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
kosplateau:

Tracking... grin grin
Lol..No track anything o. I get anti-tracker...

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.