Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2622121 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
Congrats to everyone that received ITA... Our dreams will all come true!

40man my man... It has happened! We shall meet in Canada soon...

God bless everyone!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 7:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hi

Let me attempt to answer some of your questions 2, 4, 5.

yimiton:
WES got all my documents from UNILAG since 7th of March, 2017. They updated my page on the 11th but over 3 weeks later, when I was expecting a response from them, they sent me a mail informing me that they've sent photocopies of my documents to UNILAG for verification. Since then, it's been the same update on the site.

Please my questions are as follows:

1. Has anyone had this experience before? If yes, how long did it take UNILAG to respond?
2. Do I have to follow up with UNILAG?[/color]Yes you must actively do this
3. If yes, does anyone have a contact in UNILAG that I can use?
4. Since WES' email says they expect a 'written' letter from UNILAG, does it mean that they sent physical photocopies to UNILAG and expect UNILAG to respond with hard copy letter? [color=#006600]The verification letter has the option of email response or physical copy, they accept anyone as long as its from the school.

5. If yes to number 4, will UNILAG contact me to pay for the courier or will UNILAG use regular snail mail to send their response to WES? No public school will contact you cos the default setting is NIPOST except you contact them to otherwise and pay for the courier.

6. Is there anything I can do to fastrack this process? Yes, get a reliable staff of the school, if you are Lagos based, go yourself to see the progress, pay for courier, track it and then follow up with WES to ensure it is updated and evaluated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 7:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
NOC 1111 is better and more suitable because most of the functions are in line with it. NOC 1311 is majorly a bookkeeper/Accounting technician category and generally, a bookkeeper does not prepare financial statements, review FS, or even deal with proper recording of fixed assets (maybe they do in our country sha, lol). I would suggest you go for NOC 1111 which is higher and better than NOC 1311 and more align with the job descriptions below. Both categories are under the required skill level 0, A or B anyways so you should be fine.

Congrats @40manlappy and others! Moving on to the next step!

Chinnie4Jesus:
Congrats to the new ITA recipients. Pls guys, can you help me fix this job description. Coordinating month end close activities.
Assist in preparing various reports that feed directly into banks' monthly management accounts.
Preparing monthly management accounts.
Preparing financial statements for both internal and external use.
Assisting with the reconciliation of the general ledger and providing schedules and support documents for year end audit.
Preparing the bank's annual revenue and expenditure budgets in line with management's yearly strategies.
Coding of expense tickets, indicating which accounts to debit and credit.
Preparing and maintaining amortization schedules for upfront interest and other related interests.
Booking fixed assets and maintaining fixed asset register.
Carrying out analytical reviews of the financial statements and preparing reports for investors presentations.

Please my people, the owner chose NOC 1111 but I suggested 1311. I thought I should bring it here for other people to analyze. Waiting for responses. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 7:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
Thanks bro grin

boldinc:

God bless everyone!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jenny3(f): 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
40manlappy:
Finally, ITA arrived for my wife! cheesy

Just when we were gradually accepting the reality of waiting for the next draw, God showed us His favour. For a journey that started with our first IELTS in December 2014, we give Him all the glory.

Thanks to this wonderful e-family for the encouragement, kind words and support. May God grant all your wholesome hearts' desires in Jesus' name, Amen!

Like Bimpsy99 stated earlier, still feels like a dream...

Looping: dupyshoo, irondome, JesusDWay, zandora, boldinc, Gymme, lavivaavril

Big Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
ugoiyke79e2:

To get a new passport asap and update while completing the application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
Gymme:
NOC 1111 is better and more suitable because most of the functions are in line with it. NOC 1311 is majorly a bookkeeper/Accounting technician category and generally, a bookkeeper does not prepare financial statements, review FS, or even deal with proper recording of fixed assets (maybe they do in our country sha, lol). I would suggest you go for NOC 1111 which is higher and better than NOC 1311 and more align with the job descriptions below. Both categories are under the required skill level 0, A or B anyways so you should be fine.

Congrats @40manlappy and others! Moving on to the next step!

Thanks Gymme

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flaiboy: 7:58pm On Apr 06, 2017
If you need Canadian dollars, kindly send me a pm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
vcole:
On the issue of ECA or evaluation of credentials for the purpose of Canadian skilled migration, please note that IRCC specifically states that ONLY YOUR HIGHEST QUALIFICATION needs to be evaluated. This is stated clearly on their website complete with examples of possible scenarios. I do understand that some applicants may be concerned about possessing a "highest qualification" that may not necessarily be in the same area of study as the qualification that may support their current or previous work experiences. In these cases, please note that the IRCC rule still applies. Evaluate only your highest qualification. However, you can mention your other qualification (s) under education and indicate that you did not obtain an ECA for them.

On the issue of POF and bank letters and bank accounts. Please note that the IRCC states that a bank letter for ALL bank accounts of the principal applicant detailing the average balance over a period of 6 months and stating that there are no loans, etc etc is required. in Nigeria, since most banks do not issue letters in the IRCC format, a reference letter from your bank (s) in whatever format they routinely issue alongside a 6 months' bank statement has proven sufficient thus far. So, for all who have questions as regards what to submit if POF is in t bills, FD, etc etc etc. Please note the ALL above and be guided.....submit your other accounts ....ref letters and bank statements alongside other evidence of POF in FD or Tbills.

As for document size......use pdfmerge to merge your scans. you can also scan at 200dpi instead of 400dpi. Then reduce size of merged file online. As long as it remains legible, you should be fine.

As regards WES process and IQAS process of verification.......once IQAS receives your academic transcript alongside a completed request for academics records form from your school, they do not send another verification via mail or email to your school. WES however, has been known to send a verification request to your school after receiving your transcript and docs.

Good evening everyone.

VCOLE is back.....yaaay!!

Docay how na? How far ur app, U Don collect passport now? ALL THE BEST MY DEAR.

Meanwhile I submitted my app since March 2nd, no medical passed or any update self. I think it's because the ABU DHABI VO r the ones handling my app.
But in Naija now to marry and add wifey to the app.

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 8:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Hi

Let me attempt to answer some of your questions 2, 4, 5.

[/color]

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2017
Great. Thanks
telias:

British Council site and ielts buddy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 8:57pm On Apr 06, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Hi

The ITA letter clearly addressed the issue of age post ITA. Please check the section on Changes to your personal situation (page 2)

"NOTE- If you had a birthday since we sent you this invitation, and the changes to your age decreases your points total, this will not cause us to refuse your application for permanent residence'.

Please focus on submitting your applications and be happy. grin

Seen, Thanks a lot. it was right under my nose and I didn't see it.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zutlin: 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
olugere:

Congratulations,
Can you share your point.
1. Did you have family in canada which give you more point
2. Did you study in Canada which give u more point
3. Did you work in Canada before which give you more point
4. Did you get job offer from canada which give you more point
5. Did you get province nomination which give you more point.
Because all these are points

Reason for asking

Is just that all theses above I do not have, that is the reason I refuse to take IELTS exam because I know with absence of the above point I may not meet 400+

Pls based on your point and document, do you think I have a chance of getting 400+ with condition below.

I am man 36years age + 6 years work experience in NOC A class job.( gas turbine operation, power station) B.ENg + M.Eng in mechanical engineering.
But all the question 1-5 above I don't have them, so am scared if I can get 400+ if write IELTS exam. Since 1-5 are more points and I don't have them.

My wife, 32 yes age + 2 years wok experience in nursery school. + 3rd class's B.Tech industrial chemistry . we both have 2 children, both are less than 3 yes

Pls advice if is possible to get 400+, because I did CSR point ranking I got 300+

Most of us here and even the majority of people getting ITA do not have those points you mentiined. I'm yet to enter the pool (waiting for IELTS) but my estimated crs score ranges from 441 to 458 depending on how well I smash IELTS.

Do not be discouraged. With your age and msc degree, you should be able to get 435 at least, if you smash your ielts. Since your wife is younger, she may turn out to have a higher score than you.

I suggest you use the crs calculator on the cic website. That way, you know what your scores are likely to be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bertoseve: 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hello guru's in the house, Can i use my brother in-law, who by the way shares only his father with my wife,as a "relative in Canada"? bearing in mind , he didn't indicate my wife as a sister in his express entry profile. Secondly what will the authorities demand from him in proving/ supporting this claim.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
Thanks to everyone for your warm greetings and kind wishes. I am humbled! smiley

By God's grace, we shall have more ITAs and PPRs on this thread going forward.

@Nogen: Fire on sister! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2017
40manlappy:
Thanks to everyone for your warm greetings and kind wishes. I am humbled! smiley

By God's grace, we shall have more ITAs and PPRs on this thread going forward.

@Nogen: Fire on sister! cheesy

Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
esosa4real:

VCOLE is back.....yaaay!!

Docay how na? How far ur app, U Don collect passport now? ALL THE BEST MY DEAR.

Meanwhile I submitted my app since March 2nd, no medical passed or any update self. I think it's because the ABU DHABI VO r the ones handling my app.
But in Naija now to marry and add wifey to the app.

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I submitted February 15th and no update too. Not even medicals passed.

Congrats 40man!!!! Been a long time coming.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lochinny: 10:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
Good evening everyone!! Congratulations to all that received ITA yesterday!! We aim to be like you soon
Please I need an advice. We did an online accessment and with my husband as the principal applicant.
I'm a doctor and I know that even if IQAS assess' me now I'll still be assessed by medical council in Canada. So with my IQAS assessment, hubby would have liked 459points ie with our ielts result but with my own it would be 469. Do u think I should go ahead and get assessed by IQAS and get assessed again by medical council or I should not do it?
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 12:55am On Apr 07, 2017
Please don't get your Medical degree assessed by any evaluating body other than Medical Council of Canada. See the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

If you want to be the principal applicant, you will need to evaluate your degree through MCC (physiciansapply.ca) and the process/final evaluation usually takes longer than IQAS, WES etc.

Lochinny:
Good evening everyone!! Congratulations to all that received ITA yesterday!! We aim to be like you soon
Please I need an advice. We did an online accessment and with my husband as the principal applicant.
I'm a doctor and I know that even if IQAS assess' me now I'll still be assessed by medical council in Canada. So with my IQAS assessment, hubby would have liked 459points ie with our ielts result but with my own it would be 469. Do u think I should go ahead and get assessed by IQAS and get assessed again by medical council or I should not do it?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 2:09am On Apr 07, 2017
Thank you.
JESUnifemi4eva:
Yes it is, I think it's 8-numbers or so

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 3:03am On Apr 07, 2017
Sample of job description for NOC 4112 anyone?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Eghosa123: 5:01am On Apr 07, 2017
Hello All, can anyone share the template for a deed of gift. I need it urgently please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 5:06am On Apr 07, 2017
I will have a total of 420 points when my ECA comes out but waiting for my spouse to get his ECA and IELTS which should jump me up to over 445. The challenge is that his passport has expired and although, he's applied for a new passport, we heard there's no passport material and no one knows when they'll get a new batch. Until the passport comes, he can't apply to write IELTS.

Would you advice that we enter the pool and update when he gets his ECA and IELTS or should I wait until we get everything and enter the pool with a more substantial point?

Thanks for your prompt responses so far.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:38am On Apr 07, 2017
yimiton:
I will have a total of 420 points when my ECA comes out but waiting for my spouse to get his ECA and IELTS which should jump me up to over 445. The challenge is that his passport has expired and although, he's applied for a new passport, we heard there's no passport material and no one knows when they'll get a new batch. Until the passport comes, he can't apply to write IELTS.

Would you advice that we enter the pool and update when he gets his ECA and IELTS or should I wait until we get everything and enter the pool with a more substantial point?

I suggest that you "dive" into the pool immediately your ECA arrives. You can update your EE profile anytime your spouse gets ECA and IELTS results.

When is your ECA likely to be out? Nobody can tell what the cutoff of the next draw would be. What if the next one or the one after it is 420, just saying. IRCC has been unpredictable lately.

Send me a PM on the UNILAG contact issue if it has not been sorted.

@optionese: Congrats on your ECA. Update sharply! cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:01am On Apr 07, 2017
boldinc:

God bless everyone!

Amen to the prayers. Thanks bro cheesy

@Gymme, SlowlybtSurely, ugoiyke79e2, Gquest, MummyJaygirls, Beem4cupid, dammysanmi, Thetherapist, Pinkygrace, Bimpsy99, jenny3

I salute you all. God bless us real good. Thanks smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Epudome: 6:26am On Apr 07, 2017
Eghosa123:
Hello All, can anyone share the template for a deed of gift. I need it urgently please.

https://www.nairaland.com/download/5113118

I think someone shared this link ystrdy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:47am On Apr 07, 2017
Not sure I understand your question... Do you mean you and your husband have a score of 459 without your evaluation? If so and if he's the principal applicant, you do not need to evaluate your degree. Your score is enough to get you ITA for your family.

Lochinny:
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by arinola2: 7:02am On Apr 07, 2017
40manlappy:
Finally, ITA arrived for my wife! cheesy

Just when we were gradually accepting the reality of waiting for the next draw, God showed us His favour. For a journey that started with our first IELTS in December 2014, we give Him all the glory.

Thanks to this wonderful e-family for the encouragement, kind words and support. May God grant all your wholesome hearts' desires in Jesus' name, Amen!

Like Bimpsy99 stated earlier, still feels like a dream...

Looping: dupyshoo, irondome, JesusDWay, zandora, boldinc, Gymme, lavivaavril

Congrats to you and your wife. All the best bro. I definitely have a mentor to guide me when mine arrives. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 9:18am On Apr 07, 2017
Hi guys,

Do we need to wait for our WES documents before starting the application.

My spouse IELTS is 9777 for - S,L,R,W.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 9:39am On Apr 07, 2017
Please how did you apply, did you go online to fill yourself or settled an agent, asking cos I spoke to someone yesterday who confirmed that paper is scarce but one can still get the passport if you go through them. Anyone with a recent experience of using an agent?
yimiton:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by amdman: 10:10am On Apr 07, 2017
So I got my IELTS result today and I have the following:

Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Speaking 8.0
Writing 7.0

The writing has brought my score down to 426 instead of the maximum 429. Any need to appeal the result particularly as am not ready to enter the pool (awaiting evaluation)?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 10:38am On Apr 07, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Please how did you apply, did you go online to fill yourself or settled an agent, asking cos I spoke to someone yesterday who confirmed that paper is scarce but one can still get the passport if you go through them. Anyone with a recent experience of using an agent?
He applied and paid online but after his experience in the passport office, he said it would have been better to pay someone in the passport office to handle it. It's been time wasting, being sent from one office to another, being told to settle one person or another, being told to fill forms even after correctly filling it online etc. He's gone 2ce and still not been able to do biometrics.

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.