Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2606295 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 1:40am On Apr 26, 2017
debbiejosh:

So true, you can be asked for updated POF with the way dollar and naira is behaving.

I was asked for mine, and given 30 days to submit, thankfully, it was a salary account, and more money had accrued into it.

Initial POF was the salary account and a FD I had for about two years, I just reprinted the statement and for the FD, it spanned for three years, and got PPR within two weeks.

I know of people that got rejected cos of this reason, CIC Would scrutinize your documents, and asking for updated POF is like the norm, they would even tell you to explain any recent lodgement, and mind you, they can go to any end.

Just be safe, I printed my SOA a day before I left Nigeria, because you never know what you would get at the POE.
Hi, your response very insightful. please your third paragraph you said u got ppr withing two weeks, how? You didnt stay for a total of 6months bfre getting your ppr as others or u mean two weeks after they asked for updated docs? At what stage did they ask for additional docs please, like how many months into ur submission?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 1:48am On Apr 26, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Old rule. New rule is cumulative of 6 months.
Please how about my family house is in Enugu(two different bank accounts bear the Enugu address) postal address is also Enugu. But then I have been working in Abuja for over 1year and thats the address on my EE application. Is it okay to use the Enugu address for my pcc? Even as I've been living in a different State for more than 6months?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:35am On Apr 26, 2017
Afamdi12:
Hi, your response very insightful. please your third paragraph you said u got ppr withing two weeks, how? You didnt stay for a total of 6months bfre getting your ppr as others or u mean two weeks after they asked for updated docs? At what stage did they ask for additional docs please, like how many months into ur submission?

I came to Canada through the old system, paper based application.

The stages ​of assessment have changed, so you can't compare. The whole application took ten months.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Penluv: 5:43am On Apr 26, 2017
Ehrnie:

No ideas bro...that's why I skipped them. Sowie.

I think you made a mistake in Q1 though...did you mean to say "do I need gift deed"? you surely need PoF for you application.

Thanks , corrected it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 6:44am On Apr 26, 2017
Afamdi12:
Please how about my family house is in Enugu(two different bank accounts bear the Enugu address) postal address is also Enugu. But then I have been working in Abuja for over 1year and thats the address on my EE application. Is it okay to use the Enugu address for my pcc? Even as I've been living in a different State for more than 6months?

No address was written in my PCC.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Epudome: 7:33am On Apr 26, 2017
Good morning everyone, I wrote my IELTS exam on 25th March, result came out on 7th April, and I picked up frm Ikoyi on 8th April, Am i still within the time frame to ask for a remark?

During the remark cn the score be reduced again? I just need this listening to move frm current position of 7.5 to 8..... I am ok with the rest. How cn 0.5 be denying me ITA fa undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jassymama: 7:49am On Apr 26, 2017
Epudome:
Good morning everyone, I wrote my IELTS exam on 25th March, result came out on 7th April, and I picked up frm Ikoyi on 8th April, Am i still within the time frame to ask for a remark?

During the remark cn the score be reduced again? I just need this listening to move frm current position of 7.5 to 8..... I am ok with the rest. How cn 0.5 be denying me ITA fa undecided

You've signed for the result, therefore u agreed to the scores. u can't ask for a remark again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Epudome: 7:56am On Apr 26, 2017
jassymama:

You've signed for the result, therefore u agreed to the scores. u can't ask for a remark again

I don't think so cos I saw this on British Council Site:

Enquiry On Result

If you are not happy with your IELTS score, you can apply for an Enquiry on Results Service (EOR) through the IELTS Administrator at the British Council centre where you sat for your exam. The cost for Standard IELTS remark is NGN15,000 payable by Banker's draft addressed to British Council. You will also need to fill the EOR form at our office (available at Downloads section below) and submit your original Test Report Form.

How do I submit original Test Report Form if i haven't collected it?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 9:00am On Apr 26, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

No address was written in my PCC.
Really? The pcc from Nigeria dont have address on it but my friends address is on his pcc from UK and thats the state he works and lives.

Does it matter if the address on ur UK pcc isn't the address u currenty live but your old address maybe family house? Please does anyone know?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 9:01am On Apr 26, 2017
debbiejosh:

I came to Canada through the old system, paper based application.

The stages ​of assessment have changed, so you can't compare. The whole application took ten months.
Okay thanks for responding.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Penluv: 9:03am On Apr 26, 2017
Hello Guys,

1. Please how long does it take to submit the application after you've generated your checklist? I have not submitted the first application after I received the ITA.

2. Must my funds be exactly how much I indicated I'd be bringing, can it be less but more than the required amount?

3. Where's the closest court I can get my gift deed signed please? I'm in Lekki.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:46am On Apr 26, 2017
Afamdi12:
Really? The pcc from Nigeria dont have address on it but my friends address is on his pcc from UK and thats the state he works and lives.

Does it matter if the address on ur UK pcc isn't the address u currenty live but your old address maybe family house? Please does anyone know?

The address on your UK PCC can be either (1) a UK address if you are currently living in the UK (2) a Nigerian address if you are currently living in Nigeria. Summary is that the address on you UK PCC will be the address you CURRENTLY live.

The address on your UK pcc has to be the address you currently live that is why they ask you to submit proof of address when applying for the PCC. You have to be careful to ensure all your documents have the same address. You cannot have an old address on your UK PCC, and then have a new/different address on you Statement of Accounts (for e.g.) That doesn't sound right to me & it may be picked up.

You have to be consistent. Hian!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:58am On Apr 26, 2017
Penluv:
Hello Guys,

1. Please how long does it take to submit the application after you've generated your checklist? I have not submitted the first application after I received the ITA.

2. Must my funds be exactly how much I indicated I'd be bringing, can it be less but more than the required amount?

3. Where's the closest court I can get my gift deed signed please? I'm in Lekki.

Hi -

Q1) "I have not submitted the 1st application after I received ITA". This isn't very clear bro. Kindly explain. You cannot received ITA until your application is submitted so I'm confused here.
When you get your ITA, you have 90 days to complete the eAPR forms (i.e submit finally). Only after all the online biographical information that has been entered is complete will a “personalized” document checklist be generated by the system. You have to upload all documenst and submit within the 90 days which starts counting from when you received ITA.
Q2) If you realise your funds will be less than what you indicated when you were filling your EE profile, I believe you can edit it but make sure it is not lower than the required amount on the CIC website.
Q3) No idea - but I am assuming Lagos Island maybe your closest (not sure though)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by duntano: 10:04am On Apr 26, 2017
Hello. Pls I have an issue. My husband was told to pay the fees before we submit which we did. On getting to submit we saw that's when we're to pay . So now we can't submit out E-apr and we have paid already we have receipt what do we do. So upset and unhappy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blaizetony: 10:12am On Apr 26, 2017
Ehrnie:

The address on your UK PCC can be either (1) a UK address if you are currently living in the UK (2) a Nigerian address if you are currently living in Nigeria. Summary is that the address on you UK PCC will be the address you CURRENTLY live.

The address on your UK pcc has to be the address you currently live that is why they ask you to submit proof of address when applying for the PCC. You have to be careful to ensure all your documents have the same address. You cannot have an old address on your UK PCC, and then have a new/different address on you Statement of Accounts (for e.g.) That doesn't sound right to me & it may be picked up.

You have to be consistent. Hian!

Well, what of a situation where one has a permanent address in Lagos which he still maintains and also an address in PH where he works. i have similar situation and my UK pcc carries my Lagos addy while bank statements carry PH addy.

Maybe a LOE will clarify better to the VO.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 10:27am On Apr 26, 2017
please guys I need help, which of the website for currency conversion is accepted, when I used xe.com, the rate I got for 5.2m is 23096.54 as against the 22603 I am to have, while oanda.com is giving me 22243.8 as against 22603 that I am to have what to do.. although I have my pension funds to there as supporting document. please which rate should I use.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 10:30am On Apr 26, 2017
deeore:
please guys I need help, which of the website for currency conversion is accepted, when I used xe.com, the rate I got for 5.2m is 23096.54 as against the 22603 I am to have, while oanda.com is giving me 22243.8 as against 22603 that I am to have what to do.. although I have my pension funds to there as supporting document. please which rate should I use.

when I added my pension fee, oanda gave me 23155.0 while xe.com gave me 24050.8....please help me to decide on what to follow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WolverineLives: 10:39am On Apr 26, 2017
tollu:

If you're using WES, I strongly suggest you fax them your certificate, wait for them to let you know it has been sent to osu, visit osu and then have them respond to the email. That's all, you don't even need your transcript.
My husband did his that way and his verification is complete.

Till this moment, the transcript has not been sent. We just wasted 50k on that crappy school.

If you're using IQAS though, you need the transcript. Sorry, I don't have a contact.

Hi, please did you send the WES form which was meant to be filled in by the school. How did you handle this?

Please advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 11:09am On Apr 26, 2017
WolverineLives:

Hi, please did you send the WES form which was meant to be filled in by the school. How did you handle this?

Please advise.

That's for the transcript request. If you're using fax, just fax them your certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 26, 2017
duntano:
Hello. Pls I have an issue. My husband was told to pay the fees before we submit which we did. On getting to submit we saw that's when we're to pay . So now we can't submit out E-apr and we have paid already we have receipt what do we do. So upset and unhappy
Who did u pay to?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Penluv: 11:30am On Apr 26, 2017
Ehrnie:

Hi -

Q1) "I have not submitted the 1st application after I received ITA". This isn't very clear bro. Kindly explain. You cannot received ITA until your application is submitted so I'm confused here.
When you get your ITA, you have 90 days to complete the eAPR forms (i.e submit finally). Only after all the online biographical information that has been entered is complete will a “personalized” document checklist be generated by the system. You have to upload all documenst and submit within the 90 days which starts counting from when you received ITA.
Q2) If you realise your funds will be less than what you indicated when you were filling your EE profile, I believe you can edit it but make sure it is not lower than the required amount on the CIC website.
Q3) No idea - but I am assuming Lagos Island maybe your closest (not sure though)

Thanks. Yes I was referring to the first submission before getting the personalised checklist. So the 90 days is the required duration to complete everything.
Thanks Ehrine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by improve: 11:39am On Apr 26, 2017
My wife's International Passport still carries her maiden name, are there possible challenges we may have with the application due to different names? So we can do change of name before starting the whole process at all... Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 11:48am On Apr 26, 2017
improve:
My wife's International Passport still carries her maiden name, are there possible challenges we may have with the application due to different names? So we can do change of name before starting the whole process at all... Thanks

That should not be a problem, once you have your marriage certificate with you, that is a proof that you guys are married. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by duntano: 11:51am On Apr 26, 2017
elfmann:

Who did u pay to?
We paid online but not when submitting we paid before online. We didn't know it was when u want to submit the E apr you pay so you can submit
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by improve: 12:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
Thanks Boss @Dammiehar

Dammiehar:

That should not be a problem, once you have your marriage certificate with you, that is a proof that you guys are married. All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ppl pls, does it mean that I can't upload ONE letter of explanation for my entire application? Must I upload separate ones attaching them
to slots where they are needed?
Cc perks, temitope06
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by babesummy: 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
duntano:

I believe it is not possible to pay the fee in advance. To whom did you pay this fee? If you indeed have paid online, what kind of card did you use? If it was a credit card, call your credit card provider and get your money refunded.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by duntano: 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
babesummy:

I believe it is not possible to pay the fee in advance. To whom did you pay this fee? If you indeed have paid online, what kind of card did you use? If it was a credit card, call your credit card provider and get your money refunded.
I paid online to IRCC with my dollar Visa card . IRCC sent a receipt for this. But now nowhere to upload this said receipt and so we can't submit our eapr
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2017
Afamdi12:

Yes, PCCs from Nigeria donot have addresses. I dont know much about the UK PCC procedure.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2017
Afamdi12:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
duntano:

I paid online to IRCC with my dollar Visa card . IRCC sent a receipt for this. But now nowhere to upload this said receipt and so we can't submit our eapr
I think you should send a case specific enquiry(CSE) to CIC explaining the error of paying in advance for eAPR on the express entry system. Attach the receipt send to you to the mail. I expect that they will refund your money and then you can proceed to make payment on your eAPR.

Also if your dollar account is still funded you can make another payment this time from your eAPR portal while you still pursue your refund from CIC. However I will only advice you consider this if your 90 day deadline is fast approaching as sometimes it may take up to 10 working days for CIC to attend to CSEs.

Calm down...Its well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
Penluv:

Thanks. Yes I was referring to the first submission before getting the personalised checklist. So the 90 days is the required duration to complete everything.
Thanks Ehrine.

Yes the 90 days is the start to finish duration. Once you log into your IRCC account, you will see the tab that tells you the days you have left until submission. This is helpful to track how much time you've got left.

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.