Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,519 members, 7,836,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2623236 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 8:02am On Jun 29, 2017
Thanks

ugoiyke79e:

AOR 12/04
CSE sent 10/05
Med passed 15/06
ADR. 28/06
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2017
That was an expensive joke... The least you could do is apologize.

elfmann:

I was joking but nothing concerns me further. You can't control responses..some pleasing some joky. Any word like that?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:07am On Jun 29, 2017
Congrats! Make sure you double check over again before submitting.

All the best!

deeore:
Yayyyy awaiting my ITA,i have 467...all things i believe work together for good. May God order my steps dis time around.. And congrats to my fellow ita receivers. Awaiting my mail to drop..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 29, 2017
boldinc:
That was an expensive joke... The least you could do is apologize.

U came late.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hifyty(m): 8:15am On Jun 29, 2017
@Mzjennypher, I have witnessed this before, Sadly, The individual was not allowed to write the test even though he had a printed coloured Copy of his PP.(he had to opt for rescheduling his test). BC officials are always very strict. PS my experience was for a test outside of Nigeria, I am not sure how it will play out but there is no harm in trying.The worst case scenario will be to reschedule your test.

All the best!

mzjennypher:
Good day House,
My passport is with the embassy due to the holiday it is not yet ready for collection. My speaking (IELTS)is this saturday n written next sat, please can i go with my photocpy of PP (tho coloured)? i have documents to show that i visited the embassy. please who has experienced this or know anyone that has. pls assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekinado: 8:17am On Jun 29, 2017
Good morning House!!
I want to send my transcript to WES and Uniben uses UPS. Please is UPS fast? or should I insist that they use DHL?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mzjennypher(f): 8:20am On Jun 29, 2017
hifyty:
@Mzjennypher, I have witnessed this before, Sadly, The individual was not allowed to write the test even though he had a printed coloured Copy of his PP.(he had to opt for rescheduling his test). BC officials are always very strict. PS my experience was for a test outside of Nigeria, I am not sure how it will play out but there is no harm in trying.The worst case scenario will be to reschedule your test.

All the best!

@hifyty is it too late to reschedule? especially my speaking?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:31am On Jun 29, 2017
mamatwiny:

Chai. Port Harcourt does not have the passport. An officer in ph gave us contact in the neighbouring state and we paid for express and got it same day.

Since you have already done in ph, pm me . I'll give u the contact of the ph boss . explain to her and know if it can be edited in the PC so that the neighbouring state will print for you ( if they still have).

Cc; ugoiyke79e my sista I go advise u follow dis route sharply!! I would prefer u try to get the passport first.

If u nor fit then fit ask for extension!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 8:32am On Jun 29, 2017
mzjennypher:

Why don't you get in touch with BC directly. Fastest way to get a confirmation as Hifyty has shared a previous experience already and also mentioned it being outside Nigeria.
Hope things go in your favour.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 8:42am On Jun 29, 2017
crazyinlove:
Hi guys,

Please I need help.

What is the process of getting police report in Nigeria. And how long does it take.

Also, I have some concerns I was applied for UK visa 3x in 2014 and 2015 but was denied in all. And I have not been issued any visa before although these are the only time I applied for visa. Will this cause any issue for me.

Thanks
Visa denial by any country including Canada itself is not an issue as long as you are truthful about it in ur PR application. It's not a ground for denial or refusal once u meet the other stipulated requirements for PR visa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 8:47am On Jun 29, 2017
Ekinado:
Good morning House!!
I want to send my transcript to WES and Uniben uses UPS. Please is UPS fast? or should I insist that they use DHL?

Let them use UPS, it's also very fast. They are all in the same category.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 8:48am On Jun 29, 2017
elfmann:

Congratulations. Remember DOB matters before e-APR submission.

@Elf man.Am hoping for ITA next draw my score is 448.My birthday is in August. My question is if I get Ita in July does it matter that my birthday which is in August could affect my Pr application. As am already above 30years
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2017
ltee:
My egalitarian, everpresent, ever supportive nairaland fam.

Ppr don land o.

I will share my timeline shortly.

Esegan, dalu, Nagode.

Congratulations!!! Only yesterday u be wan piss for body, lol. We dey ur back

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 8:59am On Jun 29, 2017
Algbenguze:

Visa denial by any country including Canada itself is not an issue as long as you are truthful about it in ur PR application. It's not a ground for denial or refusal once u meet the other stipulated requirements for PR visa.

Thanks so much for the info. I will ensure I provide details in the application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:21am On Jun 29, 2017
ltee:

Ppr don land o.

Esegan, dalu, Nagode.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flyhigh1881: 9:22am On Jun 29, 2017
ltee:

Ppr don land o.

Esegan, dalu, Nagode.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:27am On Jun 29, 2017
ysmd:

@Elf man.Am hoping for ITA next draw my score is 448.My birthday is in August. My question is if I get Ita in July does it matter that my birthday which is in August could affect my Pr application. As am already above 30years

If you don't submit before your birthday I think your points will drop. However if the point drop is still within the cutoff then you are good.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DatechMan(m): 9:28am On Jun 29, 2017
Ekinado:
Good morning House!!

UPS is fast. My document was received in less than a week.

I hope it's Express Shipping. Don't forget to ask for the tracking number.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:31am On Jun 29, 2017
mzjennypher:

My sister missed her test because of this. Go to British consulate office not TLS. It's also in Victoria. Island. They stop giving passport by 1pm. We found out after the test that you can do this. You can't do the test without the passport except you have a medical report and you won't even get a full refund.
Go to the consulate today

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 9:31am On Jun 29, 2017
Amakyzuu:
sad... pm me @PH immigration

sent u a pm.
thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 9:32am On Jun 29, 2017
ltee:

Ppr don land o.

Esegan, dalu, Nagode.

Congrats bro! Now u see all d worry was for nothing

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:33am On Jun 29, 2017
mzjennypher:
Good day House,
My passport is with the embassy due to the holiday it is not yet ready for collection. My speaking (IELTS)is this saturday n written next sat, please can i go with my photocpy of PP (tho coloured)? i have documents to show that i visited the embassy. please who has experienced this or know anyone that has. pls assist

I have replied this question, please check for my response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:35am On Jun 29, 2017
Ljay17:
Hello good people,

Can someone help me with the correct NOC Code for an Account Officer/Relationship Manager job profile in retail banking?

Thanks in advance.

Check my previous post, I put out an email address for CIC, send them a mail. You will get a response in 24 hours
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 9:36am On Jun 29, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

At bolded- u don ever collect receipt for naija passport payment before? Lol

Calm down, if you initiated the process through their online platform and paid the official amount first, you would have some evidences...Na wa O. Not everyone relies on touting for everything.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alt3r3g0: 9:37am On Jun 29, 2017
Can2012:

Don't be obtuse or should I say silly. If I had my mind made up, I would not have come here to ask.

ITA already declined after getting helpful comments for Azed1 and Perks.

All the best in your own application and if you are already a landed immigrant, good for you.

Sorry about this. This is coming late...I want to believe you recalculated your points with the error to be sure that your points with the right years of experience (less than 3 years) falls below the cut off points when you got the ITA.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Baisy: 9:40am On Jun 29, 2017
Hello everyone.

I am new on this forum even though wifey has been telling about how great this forum is. In fact, she shared useful information from this space with me in the past.

So I received ITA yesterday but there's a snag because ECA wasn't completed by the time I submitted my EE profile. My questions will in three folds and I will appreciate if anyone can give guidance on how to proceed.

Here goes:

1) What do I do because the date quoted in the EE submission for ECA will be totally different from the ECA Certificate? Reject, edit and wait for next draw?

2) I have worked and lived in different countries in the past so knowing that I need security clearance in Nigeria, can anyone advise on how to get clearance in UK & America?

3) I currently work in a company I co-founded and knowing that there has to be Reference Letter from place of work (also do I get from all my past employers), I will appreciate if anyone has a sample of the sort of letter to write plus who is it supposed to be addressed to?

Lastly, is there any other thing I should know about?

Thank you people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtaminator: 9:47am On Jun 29, 2017
optionese:

If you don't submit before your birthday I think your points will drop. However if the point drop is still within the cutoff then you are good.

That's not correct, age is the only change of circumstance that is exempted from points recalculation after you get an ITA. Take note @ysmd

see link below for clarification

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alt3r3g0: 9:48am On Jun 29, 2017
crazyinlove:
Hi guys,

Please I need help.

What is the process of getting police report in Nigeria. And how long does it take.

Also, I have some concerns I was applied for UK visa 3x in 2014 and 2015 but was denied in all. And I have not been issued any visa before although these are the only time I applied for visa. Will this cause any issue for me.

Thanks

Naija PCC....go to the office at alagbon with your international passport, passport photographs (i think 2, but they should have a place for that close by) and money for negotiation because there is no receipt for payment and you are taken to another room to discuss. Takes about 30 mins to 1 hour but its same day.

As to the second one. It depends on the reason for the rejection. You will be given a chance to explain yourself. Should not be a problem.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtaminator: 9:58am On Jun 29, 2017
Hello Guys,

My 1st question on this forum.

Please to all those who moved spouse work experience to personal history, my question is two-fold

1- What did you answer under work experience when asked if your spouse has any work experience?

Won't answering no amount to mis-representation when your spouse indeed has work experience and this will show up in the personal history section under employment?

2- Pre ITA, I entered spouse's work experience under work experience. If i now enter it under personal experience and answer no to the question in 1 above, do I need to attach an LOE?

Thanks

P.S Congrats to all those who got ITAs in yesterday's draw and all those who have progressed from one point to another especially those that have PPR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chimnauvsky: 10:01am On Jun 29, 2017
You are right. I don't have a job yet but I will get one. So I calculated on the premise that I already had it.

optionese:

You have definitely miscalculated. Your score has to be within 400-470(cos am assuming you don't have a job in Canada)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Can2012: 10:18am On Jun 29, 2017
alt3r3g0:

Sorry about this. This is coming late...I want to believe you recalculated your points with the error to be sure that your points with the right years of experience (less than 3 years) falls below the cut off points when you got the ITA.

Thank you alt3r3g0
My points with the right years of experience (445) is lower than the points I got ITA with (470) but a lot higher than the cut off for the draw I got ITA with (415).

I can still get more than 3 years of experience but it would mean having to get references from another company. I do not want to go down that route.

If things go well and according to Canadavisa predictions, I should receive another ITA in the next draw or two because my points currently stand at 445. I lost 25 points for not claiming 3 years or more.

If I do not get ITA in the next two draws, I would have to add the company that's giving me concerns. All it would require is eating some humble pie and grovelling. That would bring me back to 470.

Thanks once again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:18am On Jun 29, 2017
ltee:

Ppr don land o.

Esegan, dalu, Nagode.

Congrats bro! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.