Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,172 members, 7,829,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (605) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2616171 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 5:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
No implications... It freezes after your receive ITA.

Morbolar:

Pls what is the implication of submitting e-APR after birthday for the primary applicant and for the application generally.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hi Justwise... Pls correct me if i'm wrong...

I assume this thread should have been broken into part 2 after we hit 400 pages as in other cases.

I think this would help with research, especially for new folks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
Help please....
I went to a professional studio to take my passport photograph and I'm sure they did the right thing cos they also have the picture specification so they are used to taking passport for Canada. I was given a hard copy as well as a soft copy on my phone. Now I wanna upload the passport but I'm not sure if any adjustment is expected to be made on the soft copy given to like I'm I still expected to resize it and how will I know the soft copy 420*540 pixels.
Someone should please put me thru...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justwise(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
boldinc:
Hi Justwise... Pls correct me if i'm wrong...

I assume this thread should have been broken into part 2 after we hit 400 pages as in other cases.

I think this would help with research, especially for new folks.

You are right the thread is far too long now and need to be discontinued.

zandora can help us with part 2 or another active and helpful member here can do that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Omonjoe(m): 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
My brother got NOI from Ontario. He has Crs 375 and work experience in Electrical Engineering. We are skeptical of applying for him because one of the requirements in thier website apart from NOI is minimum crs of 400 or a work experience in information and communication system.
Who is the same shoes with us......do you guys advice we apply for him? $1500 is too big to be wasted!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cheriesparkle: 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
Good evening house.
Thanks to those who replied my post earlier. I am really grateful.
I have a question that has been bothering me.
Some years ago while i was applying for my Post Study work visa in the UK, i had to add my name to my dad's account. So its a joint account with both our names

Can i use this same account as my POF as both of our name appears on the account? It is a fixed deposit account. I am the only one applying for EE as my dad is not applying with me.

How much is required to show for a single applicant as POF?

Please help with all your answers. Plenty thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hello House, please help with below query from luciano80 as I have a similar case to deal with.

My passport has my middle name "promoted" to be my first name, while first name was not just relegated to middle name but prefix in the name was also removed!. All other documents have the right order (with the prefix to my first name).

I have read on this thread that arrangement of names matters not, but the absence of my prefix sometimes rattles me. What can be done to the missing letter(s)?
luciano80:
Hello house. I read this forum religiously to know every info needed....and it has really been helpful. But I have a rather bothering case which I think is kinda peculiar to me. My wife is the PA. All her documents has her first name Chiamakam but while doing her passport five years ago, it was done as Chiamaka. Only noticed this while preparing to jump in the EE Pool. We already did an affidavit for the change of name by marriage. What can we do about the absence of the "m" in the passport name? Will another affidavit suffice?
Pls help..... Any and every comment, yab, diss is very much welcomed as this point.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
POF has to be (preferably) in PA name, PA spouse name or joint account of both PA and Spouse. You cannot use any other joint account asides that with your spouse. So, your joint account with your dad will not work. "ko le werk".
Answer to your second question lies in page 0... CAD 12,164 (or slightly higher if it has been upgraded).
Cheriesparkle:
Good evening house.
Thanks to those who replied my post earlier. I am really grateful.
I have a question that has been bothering me.
Some years ago while i was applying for my Post Study work visa in the UK, i had to add my name to my dad's account. So its a joint account with both our names

Can i use this same account as my POF as both of our name appears on the account? It is a fixed deposit account. I am the only one applying for EE as my dad is not applying with me.

How much is required to show for a single applicant as POF?

Please help with all your answers. Plenty thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
Boss13:

Tell them to top up their funds. Exchange rate fluctuates and during POF calculation, the exchange rate might not be the same again
Exchange rate is locked as at the day the app is submitted; cic does not apply fluctuating rates thereafter

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hmmm...are you sure of this? Someone else should please throw more light because the understanding I have is that one should have equivalent amount of funds in canadian dollars till you land in Canada, so of what use will POF subject be if your fund in your own currency won't suffice, afterall you are going to use CAD to settle in Canada and not naira.

Blingyrie:

Exchange rate is locked as at the day the app is submitted; cic does not apply fluctuating rates thereafter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
Abby2017:
Hmmm...are you sure of this? Someone else should please throw more light because the understanding I have is that one should have equivalent amount of funds in canadian dollars till you land in Canada, so of what use will POF subject be if your fund in your own currency won't suffice, afterall you are going to use CAD to settle in Canada and not naira.

Positive; research more on Canadavisa forum

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
Omonjoe:
My brother got NOI from Ontario. He has Crs 375 and work experience in Electrical Engineering. We are skeptical of applying for him because one of the requirements in thier website apart from NOI is minimum crs of 400 or a work experience in information and communication system.
Who is the same shoes with us......do you guys advice we apply for him? $1500 is too big to be wasted!
It's a recent development as OINP had announced last week, their intention of inviting technology based experience workers to apply regardless of their crs scores. So yea it's ok to proceed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
boldinc:

No dear, not after ITA but after d submission of e-apr. even afterwards, one of the checks carried out after medical passed is eligibility which includes our age (recalculated as at time of check)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Topmag: 6:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
please is oanda the only currency converter accepted?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
boldinc:

Just found this for our consideration

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

What does ur ECA/cert read? Is education specified as full time or part time? If nothing is specified then u can claim part time.

Your score isn't bad, u can just re enter pool and fill properly fill all info to align. These cic officials ain't smiling these days, dem dey vex like say dem know applicants from somewhere before.

But if u wan try the full time work/school. Carry go, we will support u wink

On the issue of full time or part time. If my MBA was executive i.e. part time week end MBA and i state part time in the EE profile. I hope i can safely claim my full time work since i was working Mon to Friday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
boldinc:

Thanks a bunch!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
boldinc:
The general doctor asks about genotype and other details... Remember, they take your blood sample. They could use that for all possible tests. It's not advisable to lie about it.

Yeah I get but I think I have seen a lists of the tests they perform in our medicals online. I can't recall if genotype is among!! I really doubt ir!

Any ways it's generally better to disclose any health condition.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2017
Morbolar:

On the issue of full time or part time. If my MBA was executive i.e. part time week end MBA and i state part time in the EE profile. I hope i can safely claim my full time work since i was working Mon to Friday.

Yes boss, it is part time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2017
esosa4real:

Am not just happy seeing this at alllll oh! Honestly!!
I feel sad because this could have been avoided embarassed
We have discussed this severally here that you must attach your degree.

Sorry about it! Pls re-arrange yourself and get back to re apply!!

Education Place holder should have a merged document of following pdfs -

1. ECA Report (be it WES, IQAS etc.)
2. Degree Certificate
3. IELTS TRF Report.

Please everyone should endeavour to read the popular threads on canada visa form including the "Reasons for Rejection" thread, and you can also ask questions here.
For prompt questions and answers, there are many whatsapp groups also, join any!

God bless and favour your next application!! You will still get PR!

Me self that is talking, I am 'awaiting result' grin
SHALLOM

Hello sir, pls can this be in any order or must be in dis order
1.ECA Report (be it WES, IQAS etc.)
2. Degree Certificate
3. IELTS TRF Report.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
justwise:

You are right the thread is far too long now and need to be discontinued.

zandora can help us with part 2 or another active and helpful member here can do that

I vote @40manlappy. All in favour click the like button wink

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Yes boss, it is part time

I dont get o MummyJaygirls.....can i claim full time work and part time studies....MBA was actually part time....the OAU exec MBA...weekened lectures
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
Morbolar:

I dont get o MummyJaygirls.....can i claim full time work and part time studies....MBA was actually part time....the OAU exec MBA...weekened lectures

Yes ooooo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtaminator: 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
Blingyrie:

No dear, not after ITA but after d submission of e-apr. even afterwards, one of the checks carried out after medical passed is eligibility which includes our age (recalculated as at time of check)

Increase in age that results in your score being lower than the crs cutoff for your ITA will not result in your application being rejected. The screenshot you posted below says just that. That a change in age after ITA and before e-APR is exempt from any penalty that may arise from score reduction.

So yes, age does freeze once ITA is received.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
Please share link from CIC regarding this information.
Blingyrie:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
I second the vote and I would suggest that page 0 and 1 is for frequently asked questions and answers so the newbies can easily access it and we wont spend time repeating same answers.

MummyJaygirls:

I vote @40manlappy. All in favour click the like button wink

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jenny3(f): 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
You don't need ECA or LOE since points were not claimed, a copy of his degree certificate is sufficient
nastyesco:
Hello House, need to ask a q? I recently got an ITA however, I didn't do a ECA for my spouse, no points was claimed for it on CRS tho. But ofcourse filled it in while filling my profile. My concern is due to time constraint its too late to start her ECA, can I upload her degree and state a case in LOE, since we didn't claim point with it. Has anyone been in a similar situation, kindly advise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
luciano80:
Hello house. I read this forum religiously to know every info needed....and it has really been helpful. But I have a rather bothering case which I think is kinda peculiar to me. My wife is the PA. All her documents has her first name Chiamakam but while doing her passport five years ago, it was done as Chiamaka. Only noticed this while preparing to jump in the EE Pool. We already did an affidavit for the change of name by marriage. What can we do about the absence of the "m" in the passport name? Will another affidavit suffice?
Pls help..... Any and every comment, yab, diss is very much welcomed as this point.
Thanks

I think your best bet is to renew her passport (it should be due for renewal by now anyway) with the correct name...make SURE the 'm' is added in her new passport.
After this, u can then get into d swimming "ocean" and land on d shores of canada.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
dtaminator:

Increase in age that results in your score being lower than the crs cutoff for your ITA will not result in your application being rejected. The screenshot you posted below says just that. That a change in age after ITA and before e-APR is exempt from any penalty that may arise from score reduction.

So yes, age does freeze once ITA is received.
Read the screen shot again pls, if u receive ita and before u submit apr, your age increases, your crs score will be recalculated for eligibility. And if unfortunately, ur new score now falls below the draw limit of ur draw, ur app is automatically refused. Only time this isn't applicable is only when you have submitted ur apr. so crs score at ita must = crs score at apr submission to be processed. Pls take out time and read d cic website thoroughly. U can google eligibility assessment a11.2

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
ebho:
Please share link from CIC regarding this information.
Google eligibility assessment a11.2 and read from cic website
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jesuba: 11:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
Yooku:
I'm in Ghana too.I got my PCC immediately I got my ITA and uploaded it in my eAPR. It is a requirement from the onset as there is a section for upload in your CIC account. Don't risk an outright rejection by excluding it. It takes about only two weeks to get it from Police HQ but if you tell them you need it fast track they will ask you to "buy them lunch" and it will be ready for pickup in 3 days max!! wink

Thanks yooku�
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigfido: 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
Blingyrie:

Read the screen shot again pls, if u receive ita and before u submit apr, your age increases, your crs score will be recalculated for eligibility. And if unfortunately, ur new score now falls below the draw limit of ur draw, ur app is automatically refused. Only time this isn't applicable is only when you have submitted ur apr. so crs score at ita must = crs score at apr submission to be processed. Pls take out time and read d cic website thoroughly. U can google eligibility assessment a11.2

I think you are the one mistaking what you read. The rule says that your score should reduce based on the increase in age, the system (MEC) flags it as ineligible. it is now the duty of the officer to consider the public policy act to consider it eligible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.