Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599151 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 7:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
Kirri:
My ancestors long time
Just a quick one
WES sent my documents to my institution for verification
Right now they are asking me to pay another 7,630 which I paid initially for it to fly
Is that how its done?
I'm confused o undecided
Ladokites in the house, yetty, ejirostephen,
And my forefathers pls help me look into the matter
Awaiting your prompt response

This varies depending on the institution. Some schools don't ask for anything and just do the needful.
Others like mine (uniben) asked me to pay the same amount for verification which I did
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
Bcolah:
Hello everyone. I just got the mail for ITA. Can someone advise on the next step. Do I do my medicals and PCC now or wait till I'm about to submit my documents.
Also is the PCC I'm to submit the same one issued at Ikoyi?

You need to submit your medicals and Pcc accordingly once you get your ITA.. It's required, and not uploading them will cause a delay with your app

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 7:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
Zimex:
I really hope I made this cut. I updated my profile this morning with my husband's WES ECA which increased our score to 454.

Did you receive an ITA?

Bcolah:
Hello everyone. I just got the mail for ITA. Can someone advise on the next step. Do I do my medicals and PCC now or wait till I'm about to submit my documents.

You will complete your profile and you have 60 days to get all documents and submit your application. PCC from all countries you have lived for more than 6 months, medicals, reference and education documents.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
Zimex:
I really hope I made this cut. I updated my profile this morning with my husband's WES ECA which increased our score to 454.

What does this CRS 453 imply in u guys posts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
bubsykay:
February 24, 2016 Draw CRS 453 1,484 ITA

What does this CRS 453 imply in ur post.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flgd: 7:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
Bcolah:

Hello Bcolah,

COngratulations.

I sent you a PM, please reply.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by noblealuu: 8:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
GboyegaD:

That doesn't deter you from coming. When you get here, you can start the various programs or board exams that will enable you practice your profession. I will suggest you pick a location and focus on it because of the differences in the requirement of different countries.

What about the NOC, WES? There is bound to be a rate-limiting step. And I would need a Canadian practicing license to proceed at the clauses put on regulated professions.

Except if there is any other way I would be evaluated as a non-professional, then proceed to do the needful upon landing. So, I just want to take my time and figure things out, while praying for favorable immigration policy statuos ante.

Finally, thank you for your passion and compassion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zimex: 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=noblealuu post=43218304][/quote] I just got the ITA. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zimex: 8:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
bubsykay:

Did you receive an ITA?

You will complete your profile and you have 60 days to get all documents and submit your application. PCC from all countries you have lived for more than 6 months, medicals, reference and education documents.
I just did. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bcolah(f): 8:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
Congrats Zimex.

Thanks mozo and bubsykay .

I'll go medical and PCC this week.

Would ask questions as time goes on.

Wish everyone waiting ALL THE BEST

NB....flgd. ....I have replied.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by noblealuu: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
Zimex:
I just got the ITA. Thanks.

Yipeeeeeee, Praise God! grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
zandora:

Firstly it is doable but the problem is that she already has a Master's so CIC will be skeptical as to why she wants another Master's again. My advice is for her to apply for a PhD instead to maximise her chances of being successful with the student application. Yes you would be eligible for a spousal work permit.

Thanks zandora, I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 8:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
iphie25:

Pls can you help put me through how u filled in d fields during payment?

Nna this thing is stressing me out...I've gotten 3diff. Exchange rates from Access bank and I wonder why! shocked there's 275, 486 and 340...smh. I guess I'll know THE exchange rate when my transaction finally pulls through...could be either of them or a totally diff eye popping amt sef...chai there is God! cry
Infact lemme PM u.
What are the challenges you have with filling the form? You have two options , either 322.05 CAD or 235 CAD. The latter is cheaper because that option means WES will send the ECA report using normal post like NIPOST to your specified address, this could take over a month to get to you, unlike the former option that offers express delivery via courier , and it should get to you in 5 days.

I think the value of 1 CAD would have dropped from 275naira, 1 USD = ~1.37 CAD so, i implore you to seize this moment when Naira is appreciating and get it done.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
irondome:

What's your wife's IELTS score? She holds the key here; she is younger and she has got a masters degree. A good IELTS score would get you to 400, which I sincerely believe is the easiest route for you guys. If hiring a sound "ielts tutor" would help, don't hold back.

On the other hand, have you guys considered Australia. Australia awards more points for years of foreign experience and you do not lose much point on age as you grow older. Her profession is also in demand (in SOL list) in Australia. Personally, I believe it would be easier for you guys to migrate to Australia than Canada (considering your age and years of experience). Australia has a number of positives over Canada, a much higher wage rate and great weather.

Thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate.

She scored the following in December 2014 Listening-6.5, Reading-7, Writing-7, Speaking-7.5. Overall score-7

In October 2015, she attempted it again and got the following Listening-8.5, Reading-7.5, Writing-6.5, Speaking-7.5. Overall score-7.5

We have been fiddling with the thought of Australia but hesitated because of the reported higher costs of living and seemingly lower childcare benefits for immigrants. With the above recommendations, we shall consider it seriously.

Thanks again smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
GboyegaD:

Based on mutt experience, it is most advisable she applies directly to a PhD otherwise, she could either state she has a Masters and face the risk of been rejected outrightly or get lucky to be considered. However, her chances of funding is slimmer.

Thank you.

@bolded: do you mean funding generally for international students?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
noblealuu:
@GboyegaD,

Thank you for your awesome suggestion. I did a health-related course. Boss, these developed countries don't joke with their health system. It's quite stringent especially for foreing-trained graduates. Yes, you are right! I'm planning doing an abridge kind of course when I get there to enable me do/pass their professional exam with relative ease.

Meanwhile, I'm equally considering Australia as an alternative all things being equal.

God bless JesusDway, for he that watereth shall also be watered, you won't be a cast away Sir! cheesy

Lol! Amen in Jesus name.

Meanwhile, I think the fellow is asking you to tell your future found rib grin , to apply for a course with funding which she won't have to pay for.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by noblealuu: 10:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
JesusDWay:

Lol! Amen in Jesus name.

Meanwhile, I think the fellow is asking you to tell your future found rib grin , to apply for a course with funding which she won't have to pay for.

Lol you won't stop taunting me with my 'naïve' future found rib cheesy

Unfortunately, the beloved sister is yet to be mobilized for NYSC sad wish we can jump the guns cool well, I trust God the policy would remain favorable in due course...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
40manlappy:

Thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate.

She scored the following in December 2014 Listening-6.5, Reading-7, Writing-7, Speaking-7.5. Overall score-7

In October 2015, she attempted it again and got the following Listening-8.5, Reading-7.5, Writing-6.5, Speaking-7.5. Overall score-7.5

We have been fiddling with the thought of Australia but hesitated because of the reported higher costs of living and seemingly lower childcare benefits for immigrants. With the above recommendations, we shall consider it seriously.

Thanks again smiley

Try and re-evaluate (modified: you can't re-evaluate again, as the review period has elapsed ) your writing, you may just get it reviewed upward to band 7, which fetches you additional 50 CRS points. Honestly, she is almost there, in fact, I see IELTS as an easier route for her than MSc.

You would also need an IELTS score of band 7 across all modules for Australian Migration program which fetches you 10 points. It would be difficult to get in without the 10 points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
Zimex:
I just got the ITA. Thanks.
congrats congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
Amen. Thanks so much.
JesusDWay:

Your expectation shall not be cut short in Jesus name
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
irondome:

Try and re-evaluate your writing, you may just get it reviewed upward to band 7, which fetches you additional 50 CRS points. Honestly, she is almost there, in fact, I see IELTS as an easier route for her than MSc.

You would also need an IELTS score of band 7 across all modules for Australian Migration program which fetches you 10 points. It would be difficult to get in without the 10 points.

You mean a score of 7 across board could fetch us additional 50 CRS points? Wow! shocked

I will encourage and support her to rewrite IELTS while keeping our eyes on Australia and maybe, New Zealand too wink

The only snag is that Australia prefers IELTS Academic angry

Thanks for the insightful information smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 25, 2016
Fiancée just got ITA cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 12:19am On Feb 25, 2016
40manlappy:

You mean a score of 7 across board could fetch us additional 50 CRS points? Wow! shocked

I will encourage and support her to rewrite IELTS while keeping our eyes on Australia and maybe, New Zealand too wink

The only snag is that Australia prefers IELTS Academic angry

Thanks for the insightful information smiley

For IELTS Australia prefer General not Academic, however, you would still need to score 7 band in each of the modules to stand a chance of migrating. This is because your wife's occupation (Accountant and financial auditor) is highly competitive for Australia with applicants in the 65 points range stuck in the pool for several months. Bottom line, you need all the points you can get, and a 7.0 band in each module fetches you an extra 10 points, 25 for age (she is 33), 10 points for experience (8 years would have fetched her 15 points, but she has got 7 years), 15 points for degree. To shore up your point, you may also lean on state sponsorship to get additional 5 points.

The 50 point I wrote about was for Canadian PR. Applicants with a minimum of 2 or more degree ECA and a CLB band of 9 in IELTS are entitle to the 50 additional points under transferable skill. Bringing this home to your spouse situation; she has got a Masters and a CLB of (10 in listening and speaking, 9 in reading, but 8 in writing). Because of her CLB of 8 in writing (IELTS of 6.5), you guys lost 50 points. If she re-attempts IELTS now and scored (L-R-W-S --8-7-7-7), your CRS would jump to 400+ and you can easily go the PNP route.

Personally, I think the best option is for her to re-write the IELTS, considering her performance in the last attempt. She got pretty close. In fact, you guys should have considered re-evaluation before the expiration of the review window; apparently, it's too late.

In summary, which ever option you settle for (Australia or Canada), she would have to re-sit for IELTS.

Honestly, with your wife's ielts result, don't give up on Canada yet. if
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 12:39am On Feb 25, 2016
hello everyone, i am newon the thread. much respect to the seasoned gurus here. congrats to all who received an ITA recently. pls keep us all posted especially with respect to the POF. i wonder what it would be like wit d current exchange rate.
I am planning for ielts having just got my ECA(It took ages to get).
does anyone have ielts bomb for me? thanks .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 2:43am On Feb 25, 2016
noblealuu:

What about the NOC, WES? There is bound to be a rate-limiting step. And I would need a Canadian practicing license to proceed at the clauses put on regulated professions.

Except if there is any other way I would be evaluated as a non-professional, then proceed to do the needful upon landing. So, I just want to take my time and figure things out, while praying for favorable immigration policy statuos ante.

The major thing is when you are here, you both would have enough time to plan and think things through. You do not need NOC for a spousal open work permit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 2:44am On Feb 25, 2016
40manlappy:

Thank you.

@bolded: do you mean funding generally for international students?

For the masters program if she already has a Masters as our is synonymous to the department funding her for not improving her qualification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 4:49am On Feb 25, 2016
noblealuu:

Let me come in here.

I'm in a regulated medical profession too and had to make enquiries. You do not need to be licenced to apply for PR (except you are going through the PNP route). You only need it before you can get employed in your profession when you get to Canada.

I'm the principle applicant and plan to start the registration process for licencing from Nigeria once I submit my application post ITA. That way, I will be left with the bridging program and final exams on landing.

I suggest you apply. Try to max out on your IELTS scores, so you can get a good CRS, enough to receive direct ITA without going through the PNP route.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 25, 2016
Please guys what's the most cost effective way of paying the cic fees? Like how much should I be looking at in naira? It's about 1,000CAD.

Thanks All.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:01am On Feb 25, 2016
Congrats to all who received an ITA yesterday. I wish y'all a smooth application and successful PR status before the year ends.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
@dupyshoo, i thought this FSWP process is small thing, i will prefer getting a job and applying for temporary work permit, how easy is it to get jobs outside canada, any tips that can help please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
Seems like I had an avalanche of good news today. I was finally able to pay WES and the best part is I was debited 52k grin
BC also sent my speaking test date. smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.