Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Good Reasons Not To Look Through Your Partner’s Phone - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Good Reasons Not To Look Through Your Partner’s Phone (764 Views)

How Do You Tell Your Partner He/she Has Mouth/body Odour? / 8 Signs To Know Your Partner Is Cheating / How To Build Your Partner's Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Reasons Not To Look Through Your Partner’s Phone by speaktogen(m): 6:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
Put Yourself In Their Shoes Would you want your partners to snoop through you phone? I know the answer is “No”. It’s not like you think they are cheating on you or you don’t trust them. The idea of just knowing about their lives, what they do when they are not with you, what kind of a person they are with other people, what their interests are, is very intriguing, I get it. But no matter what the reason is everybody has a private life of their own and if they were ready to reveal themselves to you they would in their own time. They wouldn’t want you snooping through their phone. They wouldn’t like it even if they had nothing to hide. It’s still a breach of privacy and there is a chance they might even feel insulted.

3. Are You Ready For It? If you look through your partner’s phone, many negative things can happen as a result and you must be prepared to handle it. You might stumble upon something in that phone that you were not ready to know, that your partner didn’t want to tell you just yet, or at all. It included really personal conversations between friends and family, to awkward pictures, to weird Google searches. Will you be able to handle it? What if your partner finds it? If the situation becomes negative after that, is your relationship strong enough to handle it? What if you think it is strong enough and you decide to go for it, but later you find out that it’s not as strong as you thought it was? What would you do then? This is one reason you should let nature run its course. If your partner wants to let you know something they would do it on his or her own. Stumbling upon unwanted secrets can ruin something good.

2.You Are Violating Their Trust

By leaving their phone with you, your partner has shown that they trust you. They shared their phone pins with you means they have put their faith in you not to go through it, instead trust them to share something if there was something to be shared and hey expect the same thing from you in return. By going through their phone behind their backs, you are violating their trust and respect for you.

1.You Are Setting Your Relationship Back After finding out that you went through their phone behind their back, if your partner feels that you violated their trust in you, there might be a huge setback in your relationship. Even if they don’t break up with you, they might close themselves up from you for a long time. It might get very hard for you to bring everything back to how it was. It won’t matter whether you thought they were cheating on you or not, your insecurity will speak for itself. It will make them second- guess their own decision of being in a relationship with you. After reading all these reasons, if you still have the urge to go through that phone, I think there is a huge question mark dangling over your relationship. Perhaps you should start thinking more about the relationship than that phone you want to snoop in. Either you are not with the right person, or they are not the person you want to be with. Either way you have a bigger issue than that phone in your hand.

Photo credit: www.pinterest.com Courtesy: www.curiosmob.com

Re: Good Reasons Not To Look Through Your Partner’s Phone by buygala(m): 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
I have never checked a girlfriend's phone, and never will sad

Unluckily, I am a serial cheat, so I hardly have time to give a damn what she does behind my back cry

As long as my condoms are in topmost shape, any other thing is secondary sad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unconventional Sex Styles - Which Can You Take? / Young Professionals In Atlanta / I Need A A Girl To Date That Resides In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.