Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,089 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Catfish Farming I Need Advise On The Feeding - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Farming I Need Advise On The Feeding (1253 Views)

CAT FISH Farming - I Will Manage Your Farm / Tomato Farming...i Need Seeds. / What Type Of Farming I Can Invest 100k And Make My Money Back Quick. Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catfish Farming I Need Advise On The Feeding by emyphil: 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
Please I intend to start catfish farming and I want to no how many bag of food should be given to them in a week to avoid over feeding or shortage in feeding please help and the amount to be mapped out for its total feeding until it mature thanks
Re: Catfish Farming I Need Advise On The Feeding by noeloge82(m): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
How many do u intend to stock
Re: Catfish Farming I Need Advise On The Feeding by emyphil: 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
Re: Catfish Farming I Need Advise On The Feeding by chinwe1990(f): 6:24am On Sep 26, 2015
Since u have just little knowledge in fish farm. Keep buying the feed for fingerling in kg then till they grow topost fingerling wen they can eat from 3mm above. Then u start buying in bags. how to avoid over feeding. Feed 3times a day. Have a feeding point. Feed slowly and stop feeding wen u realized that the fishes are no longer rushing to feed. Avoid floating of feed as it wil increase ammonium content in d water. Avoid noise while feeding. Gudluck.

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farming I Need Advise On The Feeding by noeloge82(m): 8:39am On Sep 26, 2015
U don't need to feed 3 times daily u feed twice then if u target 1.5 kg body weight and above budget 210000 ie if d bag is 4200 and u and targeting 1.5kg body weight at 4 .5 months
Meaning u need 50 bags at 4200 per bag but if u target 1kg body weight u will be looking at 33 bags that is app 140k
Goodluck guy

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farming I Need Advise On The Feeding by emyphil: 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2015
OK thanks and I used a stream water which I do use pumping machine to draw hope it will not have any disadvantages?
Re: Catfish Farming I Need Advise On The Feeding by excess4luv: 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2015
checkout what professionals have to say @https://www.nairaland.com/1240657/hidden-truths-catfish-business goodluck.
Re: Catfish Farming I Need Advise On The Feeding by miqos02(m): 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2015
chinwe1990:
Since u have just little knowledge in fish farm. Keep buying the feed for fingerling in kg then till they grow topost fingerling wen they can eat from 3mm above. Then u start buying in bags. how to avoid over feeding. Feed 3times a day. Have a feeding point. Feed slowly and stop feeding wen u realized that the fishes are no longer rushing to feed. Avoid floating of feed as it wil increase ammonium content in d water. Avoid noise while feeding. Gudluck.
post fingernails cannot pick 3mm feed
Re: Catfish Farming I Need Advise On The Feeding by Human2020: 5:26am On Oct 16, 2021
It’s no secret that feeding is the most important task in the production of catfish — aside from personal experience, studies even show this. So if you have catfish in your pond, be reminded that there won't be any gain without feed.

Here are some tips to help you decide on how to feed your catfish (or see if the feed you already have is suitable for catfish) and how to make sure your catfish get the best nutrition they deserve.
https://www.trojanpost.com/2021/10/how-to-feed-catfish.html

(1) (Reply)

PALM KERNEL NUTS .. (EKURO) NEEDED URGENTLY.Call Me; 08104991726 / Great Results From The Veggies Demo Did In Osun State; SEE PICTURES / Stevia Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.