Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,899 members, 7,828,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? (2454 Views)

Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / Are You Proud Of Your Native Name? – Get In Here & Drop Yours / Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 26, 2015
Good Morning guys and happy weekend...As Nigerians I think it will be cool to know one or two words about each others tribes and dialects. So let's start with names n meanings..I'm from Plateau state and my native name is 'Damishi', it means ' a heroic person'....what about you? If you don't have a native name, you on a lonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg thing

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 26, 2015
make I pitch my tent here
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by rottennaija(m): 7:06am On Sep 26, 2015
Na waoh for all this investigative questions in nairaland, meant to mapped username to State of origin, likes, dislikes, political views and possibly locations, and so many other things.

Today, it's your names and meaning, tomorrow it's ur email address, then another day, it's your religion. This forum is a faceless forum and should stay that way.
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 26, 2015
CARLOSZ. Wetin be ur own?
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by tpiander: 7:22am On Sep 26, 2015
all my names are in a foreign language which shall remain nameless.
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by FruityLass: 7:28am On Sep 26, 2015
Op wan take am give spiritualist undecided

So the best meaning will be chosen.

Ok
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by meimoks(f): 7:37am On Sep 26, 2015
Just go straight and tell us to introduce ourselves
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by scholes0(m): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2015
I have a feeling this is a front page thread...
I hereby book this space, for future purposes.

Btw @ OP, Why don't you tell us what Language "Damishi" is? or you just assumed we would all know?
Also I don't belong to a "Tribe" nor speak a "Dialect" - I belong to a full fledged Ethnic group that number in the tens of millions, and I speak a Language with just as many speakers.

Youa re welcome smiley
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by scholes0(m): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2015
Jeez... Nigerians are so paranoid.....
Just drop your name and commot... there are probably thousands of others with that name in the country.
cc: Lalasticlala
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by CARLOSZ: 7:50am On Sep 26, 2015
KingEli:
CARLOSZ. Wetin be ur own?

Mine is Carlos and it means BLESSED.
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by CARLOSZ: 7:50am On Sep 26, 2015
scholes0:
Jeez... Nigerians are so paranoid.....
Just drop your name and commot... there are probably thousands of others with that name in the country.
cc: Lalasticlala
U don drop ur own?
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by CARLOSZ: 7:51am On Sep 26, 2015
Oyind17:
make I pitch my tent here

Spread mat join.
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 26, 2015
meimoks:
Just go straight and tell us to introduce ourselves
ok....introduce urself
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 26, 2015
scholes0:
I have a feeling this is a front page thread...
I hereby book this space, for future purposes.

Btw @ OP, Why don't you tell us what Language "Damishi" is? or you just assumed we would all know?
Also I don't belong to a "Tribe" nor speak a "Dialect" - I belong to a full fledged Ethnic group that number in the tens of millions, and I speak a Language with just as many speakers.

Youa re welcome smiley
the ethnic group is Anaguta..tnx
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 26, 2015
FruityLass:
Ok
nawa o.......paranoia
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 26, 2015
FruityLass:
Ok
nawa o.......u suffering from paranoia
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 26, 2015
CARLOSZ:

Mine is Carlos and it means BLESSED.
Carlos na ur native name?
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by CARLOSZ: 8:07am On Sep 26, 2015
KingEli:
Carlos na ur native name?

E concern u?
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 26, 2015
CARLOSZ:

E concern u?
my guy park well jor.....ur name no be Chimbanpamgorogorigoshem?...u wan form oyibo
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by CARLOSZ: 8:19am On Sep 26, 2015
KingEli:
my guy park well jor.....ur name no be Chimbanpamgorogorigoshem?...u wan form oyibo

Lol
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by meimoks(f): 8:27am On Sep 26, 2015
KingEli:
ok....introduce urself

Too late grin
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by benELOHIM7(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2015
Nkwachimkwerem...means God's promise to me

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by onuwaje(m): 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2015
ORITSEGBUBEMI

Meaning: God has heard me!

Origin: itsekiri

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Cuddlebugie(f): 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
onuwaje:
ORITSEGBUBEMI
Meaning: God has heard me!
Origin: itsekiri
Mo kia han (hope I got it right?) Is Onuwaje also an itsekiri name? If it is, what does it mean?
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by absoluteSuccess: 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
My native name is Gbefun, don't ask me what it means angry I've another better one, oladipupo, meaning 'wealth become plenty'. I and Bill Gate are equals.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
In Igbo my name Adanna means 'Fathers Daughter" also Ada is short for the 1st Daughter smiley
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 28, 2015
Adanna28:
In Igbo my name Adanna means 'Fathers Daughter" also Ada is short for the 1st Daughter smiley
I didn't know you were Igbo! I thought you were New Zealander.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 28, 2015
all4naija:

I didn't know you were Igbo! I thought you were New Zealander.

Now you know smiley I'm mixed race.
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 28, 2015
Adanna28:

Now you know smiley I'm mixed race.
Really? I am sorry to say you don't look like a mixed race to me from the image on your profile. Perhaps because the image is blur!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 28, 2015
all4naija:
Really? I am sorry to say you don't look like a mixed race to me from the image on your profile. Perhaps because the image is blur!

Lol I get that a lot, I look more like my mother side of the family. But I acknowledge both my roots, and I am dam'n proud of my heritage.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 28, 2015
Adanna28:

Lol I get that a lot, I look more like my mother side of the family. But I acknowledge both my roots, and I am dam'n proud of my heritage.
From what roots are both of your parents?
Re: What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 28, 2015
all4naija:

From what roots are both of your parents?

My father Igbo and my mother Samoan. I'm a fruit salad in blood LOL, but I'll keep it simple for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Court Declares Kotonkarfe, Lokoja, Ajaokuta Part Of Igala Kingdom / Spiritual Trees Of Great Power In Igboland / First Nudist Beach Approved In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.