Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) (37562 Views)

Davido To Perform At Jay-z’s “made In America ‘’ Music Festival 2018 / Photos: M.I Abaga Visits Jay-z In His New York Office / Wizkid And Tiwa Savage To Perform At Jay Z's 'made In America' Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by Chiderad(m): 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
SIN cerely speaking, the only thing i see in that picture is the ILLUMINATI signs by those chaps. If you like hide your hand
under the plastic water you are holding. It doesn't change anything.

And, the next thing you'll hear in their song is the calling of Jesus.

God is not mocked, Brethren.

REPENT YE ALL!
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by emzila(m): 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
Gmajor:

all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.
ANIMAL FARM ACTIVATED
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by rappix: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2015
undecided[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]nice
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by Bome01(m): 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2015
*you might be a big fish. . .in a little pond. . .doesn't mean you've won cos along may come. . .a bigger one* -Coldplay
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by murphyibiam15(m): 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2015
ExInferis:

Oh, ive come across such people. They can happen to be among the groupies too, and are full of venom. One little punk even called me poor simply because i condemn the lies and hype behind the excess display of wealth and consumerism by the so-called celebs. Im yet to hear any ground-shaking single or blockbuster movie, but the stars are busy instagramming photos of shoes, bags, phones, tattoos, cars, toilets, vacations, babies, bikinis, stretchmarks, nose hair, and bleached skin.

And to their fans, THIS is entertainment, THIS is what they paid for.

smh. undecided

I've got a gaddamn opinion and im going to say it, screw the drooling groupies and crazies.
thats what we've got among Nigerians....mediocrity..instead of overhauling the whole entertainment industry and let those foreigners find their way to nijja...that can even earn Nigeria cool cash via the entertainment sector but our celebs prefer showing Nigerian crazy things while if they get to abroad they are are treated less...thats downgrading u know

1 Like

Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by jamalchance(m): 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2015
Kingtim:
Ok.... In other news. My girl friend is pregnant for me. grin

Are u sure she is pregnant nd are u sure its 4 u ...... #justasking
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by chino11(m): 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2015
Psquare is the king of the African singers..
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by henroe2k2(m): 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
SirWere:
Choi!!! shockedshocked Who was your maths teacher gringrin
read George Orwell's animal farm... then U will know who his teacher was. Olodo.....
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by ExInferis(m): 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2015
murphyibiam15:

thats what we've got among Nigerians....mediocrity..instead of overhauling the whole entertainment industry and let those foreigners find their way to nijja...that can even earn Nigeria cool cash via the entertainment sector but our celebs prefer showing Nigerian crazy things while if they get to abroad they are are treated less...thats downgrading u know

Absolutely!

look at Bollywood: it is the second most renowned industry and the most prolific, but when it started deviating from the charms of the indian culture to westernized Desi it became a joke. Despite the bollywood stars and script acting more American than Americans they still arent taken seriously because they abandoned the essence of the indian movie. And their biggest stars, besides Irfan Khan and Anil Kapoor, are still not featured in Hollywood. Infact, Sharukh Khan was once frisked at the airport!

Nollywood should stick by the culture of what makes our entertainment Nigerian. Nollywood needs to stop:

1. The fake accents
2. The objectification of women
3. The attempt to infuse london and Atlanta into every Nigerian flick.
4. Rushing to Texas to give themselves awards

There's endless source material for original scripts, ranging from our diverse cultures, our politics, our history, the uniqueness of our language etc.

In music these hopping little fools need to stop junketing all over the US looking for duets with Snoop or Chris Brown or many endless strings of washed out has-beens. Nigerian music must be Nigerian. Fela made an impact because he was original and remained true to the African rhythm. This recent crop of Tweeting arseholes lack an identity. I dont even know what genre to place PSquare and most of the acts (at least Timi Dakolo and Brymo are consistent)

Same goes for those rappers faking US West Coast Gangsta accents and displaying dollars.

Jim Iyke needs to stop body hustling. The guy overrates himself thinking he's some kind of god's gift to entertainment. I have it from credible sources that he's busy emailing and calling some US notables just to land even a small role in a major movie. But if he dedicated his efforts to remaking Nollywood into a serious vehicle for the arts with very good scripts and decent acting, Hollywood itself will come calling.

I just want our talents to be more proud and patriotic. You can attain fame and fortune by being true to your roots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by imiefa30: 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2015
weda u like it or not,psquare is d best tin to com out of africa
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by oduaboy1: 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2015
davidayn:

that's nt true , who told u Nigerians don't enter US charts ? , Baba hafusa album was top5 of the rap album in the US .

I bet u don't even know a Nigerian as won Grammy before
Which us chart?,the one in your bedroom I guess
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by engrshakespeare: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2015
Which kind Jay z be this
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by NOTRIBE: 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2015
Under which category?..afro-juju category abi
davidayn:

that's nt true , who told u Nigerians don't enter US charts ? , Baba hafusa album was top5 of the rap album in the US .

Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by drizslim(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2015
cow wey hurry go America go return as Corned Beef "Dbanj" 2013 AD
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by imiefa30: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
psquare is d biggest tin to come out of africa
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by softvio(m): 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
ExInferis:
Ive never seen entertainers as eager for US/Europe recognition as Nigerian artistes. You'd never hear of any other nation's stars always running to US/UK/GErmany to give themselves awards or perform to the immigrant community or desperately seek to meet the indigenous celebs just so their fawning fans can tear their hair out in frenzied hero-worship.

its shameful. you dont need to force your way into Jay Z or Chris Brown's lives to be validated as a talent.

Jim Iyke is busy running to and fro in Atlanta looking for movie deals, P Square is in New York hoping to perform with Jay Z, Davido is in London launching his Nigerian-oriented album.

And the funny thing is, on an international scale, these nonentities are talentless hacks.

oboy anybody wey sey you no get sense..that person dey mad....these just the hard truth

1 Like

Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by softvio(m): 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2015
Chiderad:
SIN cerely speaking, the only thing i see in that picture is the ILLUMINATI signs by those chaps. If you like hide your hand
under the plastic water you are holding. It doesn't change anything.

And, the next thing you'll hear in their song is the calling of Jesus.

God is not mocked, Brethren.

REPENT YE ALL!

mtchwww.. Na wa for some folks ooo..see una mind na
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by softvio(m): 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2015
drizslim:
cow wey hurry go America go return as Corned Beef "Dbanj" 2013 AD

lol..oboy this one na proverb oo?
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by MrCork: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2015
gphilip:
The singing duo, who are performing in New York tonight, paid a visit to Jay Z’s Roc Nation/Tidal office in the city.
Peter says something big is happening.

https://instagram.com/p/8D7TFoSsJz/

...but why the fok is thoise skiiny lookin Nigeria micchael jaksin wanabi hanging out wit jay z wen they cant spek English ? (No ofeense) angry

1 Like

Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by Koolmexxi(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2015
davidayn:

Wrong. . Baba hafusa album was top of the iTunes world album charts for 7 straight days and was 12th on the billboards world music album charts.. It wasn't released for US market so how did it make it to the US rap album charts
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by deolumike(m): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
onyepapa:
Haters everywhere!!! Yurobas and hate is like 5and6
You have managed to read ethnicity into this!!! Seek deliverance from the spirit of tribal divisiveness.
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by damyzino(m): 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
Kingtim:

so u gonna a daddy very soon , you better put a ring on it or i report you to PMB grin
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by damyzino(m): 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
onyepapa:
Haters everywhere!!! Yurobas and hate is like 5and6
foolish is a bad disease but your own can never be cured grin
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by ExInferis(m): 5:45pm On Sep 26, 2015
softvio:

oboy anybody wey sey you no get sense..that person dey mad....these just the hard truth

cheesy

gracias
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by iheanyi40(m): 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2015
Kingtim:
lol congrats bro
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by Trhymes4love17(m): 6:20pm On Sep 26, 2015
Una wan share Testimony with jayz. Isorite
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by davidayn(m): 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
kendrick9:
show a home based nigerian who has made billboard charts or won a grammy(lol) then.... stop talking what u have no clue about

femi kuti was a Grammy nominee
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by Kingtim(m): 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2015
pretydiva:
wey tin u say mk we cm help u do nau undecided
foll me happy
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by kendrick9(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2015
davidayn:

femi kuti was a Grammy nominee
grammy winner not nominee.... don't u understand english anymore/
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by emani03(m): 12:46am On Sep 27, 2015
gphilip:
The singing duo, who are performing in New York tonight, paid a visit to Jay Z’s Roc Nation/Tidal office in the city.
Peter says something big is happening.

https://instagram.com/p/8D7TFoSsJz/
.....wow
Re: P-square Hang Out At Jay Z’s Tidal New York Office (photos) by charlesucheh(m): 3:13am On Sep 27, 2015
pretydiva:
wey tin u say mk we cm help u do nau undecided
I TIRED O!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'My Car Is Back': BBNaija's Khloe Strikes A Pose With Her Car (Photos) / Seems Iyanya's Time With Mavin Records Is Over / Jidenna Shows Off His New Braided Hairstyle (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.