Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

How to crush boredom and create excitement - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How to crush boredom and create excitement (2906 Views)

CHANGE Your Thinking,transform Your Life And CREATE Your Income / Download A FREE Template And Create A Professional CV / You Want A Killer CV Or A CV That Kills With Boredom? You Decide! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2015
I once called a guy and said to him "you are always happy and today, you are too excited. What's wrong with you?"
We live in a society that defines inactivity, coldness and dullness as humility.
Whoever you are, whatever you have and wherever you are, you can be absolutely exciting right now. Believe me.
"but I don't have a car... No nice job... My gp is freaking low.... My friends think I'm a headless cog... ". You say.
I say, " beware of what you tell yourself, your brain might be eavesdropping."

The other day I told myself that if I talked too much I'd be sick. Boy, did I get sick? What you say to yourself are self fulfilling prophesies.
And this brings tip number one. AFFIRMATIONS.

Tell yourself, "I can create excitement right now!"
But any dud can say that.... Thrillers are duds..To make this really work, ask yourself..."How can I create excitement right now?"

Depending on the state you are, different crazy ideas will pop up. If you can't find any, search the Internet for crazy ideas, ask friends for crazy ideas that you can implement now. If you're in any online forum, pop up the question (make sure it is not a professional forum, that's of course crazy smiley

Tip number 1.1:Ask yourself, how can I implement it right away? Then do it... You really don't need a perfect plan to execute a crazy idea.

2. Listen to a loud music on headphones. There is a scientific backing to this- listening to music at a very high volume improves one's mood.

3. Write. Just write anything. Much better, write down things that make you happy. Write absolutely ridiculous things that people do.

4. Gratitude.
Gratitude is paying more attention to things you have than things you long for. Thank God for the breath of life, thank your family and friends for accepting silly things you do.
www.thedopeculture..com
5. Meditation.
Just find a nice chair, sit comfortably, close your eyes and focus on your breath. Take slow, rhythmic and long breath. You can play an audio version of your favourite scriptures, motivational quotes and messages on the background (or use earpiece).
www.thedopeculture..com
6. Go for a walk. While preparing for exams, I would often leave the library and go for a long walk. This helps change the flow of the nervous system from a dormant mode to a more active (Happy) mode. Have a hobby. Get something to cool off the steam when you're are hot and can't generate positive stream of thoughts. Sports, dancing... are good. Something exciting to take off the stress of the present moment.

The guy exploded into laughter and said,"I can't help it. I am just naturally Happy". Then, I thought maybe some of us can pursue something else.. Perhaps happiness isn't meant for us. (I failed the tip number one)

What I didn't realize is that you can be happy now, no matter what. Full stop.
http://thedopeculture..in/2015/09/how-to-crush-boredom-and-create.html

3 Likes

Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by felixdanielthed(m): 7:21am On Sep 27, 2015
nice update. Kip it up bro .

1 Like

Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 10:29am On Sep 27, 2015
Thanks. I will post more articles on this section. smiley [color=#550000][/color]
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2015
“If you want to be happy, set a goal
that commands your thoughts,
liberates your energy, and inspires your
hopes.” ― Andrew Carnegie
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2015
I would say the secret is to be enthusiastic about everything that comes into your life. To care, to care about people. To be excited about everything that comes close to you. I love to read. And I love to write, mostly. Fay Wray

When you start being enthusiastic about whatever it is you like, that is the golden age for you. Michael Winterbottom
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 9:37am On Sep 29, 2015
"There is little success where there is little laughter." Andrew Carnegie
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 11:59am On Sep 29, 2015
3 things I do to turn around a bad day
98 percent of the craps in our heads are not
actually ours. They belong to our clans which
are filled up with people we see on televisions
(the main reason I don't listen to news), people
in our pasts who designed our mental models of
the world (Happy people will always be happy
and sad people will always be sad), our families,
our friends, models, authors... and God. The clan
is made up of 150 members (the dunbar's
number).
So when you're down, ask yourself whose idea
is this? Whose crap is this? You've probably
heard of the emotional wagon where some
people are always venting their emotional toxic
waste on others... the angry driver who curses
other motorists, the sad secretary who refuses
your requests...
Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down. It
is called life. Right now, I am down and
implementing this list. The day is not over until
11:59 pm and days are not infinite.
Click below to continue reading....
www.thedopeculture..nl/2015/08/3-things-i-do-to-turn-around-bad-day.html?m=1
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 3:07am On Oct 01, 2015
“The only way to avoid being miserable is not to
have enough leisure to wonder whether you are
happy or not.”
– George Bernard Shaw
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 3:08am On Oct 01, 2015
“We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.” – Anne Frank
“Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“Happiness is a state of activity.” – Aristotle
“Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin Roosevelt
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 8:34am On Oct 01, 2015
Happiness is contagious, and when you're positive, people are naturally drawn to you.
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 8:43am On Oct 01, 2015
"We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing. There are only four secrets to staying young, being happy, and achieving success."
"You have to laugh and find humor every day."
"You've got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die. We have so many people walking around who are dead and don't even know it!"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1038959756138491&id=270190953015379&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6200578861594670196%3Amf_story_key.931032487498683272%3Aei.6200578860987127761.6030807994301.19.0%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.&__tn__=%2As

1 Like

Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2015
“Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.” – Galatians 6:5
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
Habits of happy people: 1 ignore nonsense 2 talk less 3 learn new skills 4 help less fortunate 5 laugh 6 wake up early 7 no entitlement
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by calculator123(m): 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
good at op.as for helping the needy,and allowing thrash talk pass gives me happiness.

1 Like

Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
calculator123:
good at op.as for helping the needy,and allowing thrash talk pass gives me happiness.

By trash talk, I believe you mean "building relationships ". The kind of conversation you have with old friends... I love them too as it kinda create intimacy which is very vital to happiness. Thanks for the input.
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by calculator123(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
darejulius:

By trash talk, I believe you mean "building relationships ". The kind of conversation you have with old friends... I love them too as it kinda create intimacy which is very vital to happiness. Thanks for the input.
you welcome.
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by penam: 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
There is an unrevealed truth lying beneath.
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2015
penam:
There is an unrevealed truth lying beneath.
Hmm.. Let us know
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
I choose bold. I choose action. I choose what's right for the people. I choose to make a difference. -Bill Richardson
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by Chiscomax(m): 3:03am On Oct 09, 2015
I choose to be Glad today.

1 Like

Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 5:35am On Oct 09, 2015
Chiscomax:
I choose to be Glad today.
That's great. One more thing, make today sugar-coated smiley. Don't attach yourself to the outcomes you get today. You're an amazing person seeking references in the day to be more amazing. And if all is gloomy and out of Resonance with your amazing personality, don't fret. Be happy. Choose to be amazing, happy, excited... No matter what.
Remembering that what has control over our emotions, has control over us. Be focused, stay grounded and let nothing undo you. Be glad no matter what!
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 6:12am On Oct 09, 2015
The quality of your life is the quality of your emotions. If you're not happy in your intimate relationships, you're not happy. It doesn't matter how successful you are. No matter the negativity, flood yourself with positivity.
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
“The difference between peak performance and poor performance is not intelligence or ability; most often it’s the state that your mind and body is in.”  
                                                                                                    —Tony Robbins
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 7:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
The question "Am I as bored as you are?" can be read backwards and still make sense.
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2015
Zen Story: Be The Lion A Sufi teaching story tells of a man who prayed continually for the awareness to succeed in life. Then one night he dreamed of going into the forest to attain understanding. The next morning he went into the woods and wandered for several hours looking for some sign that would provide answers. When he finally stopped to rest, he saw a fox with no legs lying between two rocks in a cool place. Curious as to how a legless fox could survive, he waited until sunset when he observed a lion come and lay meat before the fox. “Ah, I understand,” the man thought. “The secret to success in life is to trust that God will take care of all my needs. I don’t need to provide for myself. All I have to do is totally surrender to my all-sustaining God.” Two weeks later, weakened and starving, the man had another dream. In it he heard a voice say, “Fool. Be like the lion, not like the fox.”
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 9:53am On Oct 16, 2015
Boredom, anger, sadness, or fear are not 'yours,' not personal. They are conditions of the human mind. They come and go. Nothing that comes and goes is you. Eckhart Tolle http:// thedopeculture..in/2015/09/ how-to-crush-boredom-and- create.html
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 10:25am On Oct 16, 2015
He who seeks rest finds boredom. He who seeks work finds rest. Dylan Thomas
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by Emasky4real(m): 10:35am On Oct 16, 2015
Your posts are inspiring. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 11:06am On Oct 16, 2015
Emasky4real:
Your posts are inspiring. Keep it up
Thanks.
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
Don't play the victim to circumstances you created yourself.
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe, go slow.......but take the step.
Re: How to crush boredom and create excitement by darejulius: 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
Align yourself with people that you can learn from, people who want more out of life, people who are stretching and searching and seeking some higher ground in life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Benefits Of Joining Nigeria Police Force / How Much Does Airtel Pay? / 7 Things To Let Go If You Are To Succeed In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.