Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

How To Get A Globally Accepted Naira (N) Denominated Debit Visa Card - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Get A Globally Accepted Naira (N) Denominated Debit Visa Card (2265 Views)

Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" / Ecobank Opens Naira-denominated Mastercard For International Transactions / Internet Transaction With First Bank Visa Card Is Now 200 Naira Per Dollar. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get A Globally Accepted Naira (N) Denominated Debit Visa Card by maybrowne(m): 8:41pm On Sep 26, 2015
Most of e-commerce sites and other commercial sites only accept PayPal payment and credit cards. The PayPal option is no more closed to Nigerians as PayPal now accept Nigeria, therefore Nigerians can now open and run a PayPal account with their Nigerian ip but the thing is that the Nigerian PayPal is presently accustomed with some restrictions.
Then the credit/card option turns out to be a great option but then not all sites accept Nigerian issued credit cards i.e. not all Nigerian issued cards are globally accepted. The two Nigerian issued cards that work globally is the MasterCard and visa Card (Personally I prefer Visa card to MasterCard but then that is a story for another day).
So I will be showing you how to get a globally accepted naira dominated debit Visa card,
Are you ready? Let’s ride,

This is the UBA Africard
This UBA Africard has wide recognition has one of the best cards to get in Nigeria as it is globally accepted and also quite easy to get. You don’t even have to own an account with UBA to get this card.

How To Apply
To apply is quite easy. All you have to do is walk into any branch of United Bank of Africa (UBA) anywhere in the country with the following ready in hand as that all you will need to get this card.

Requirement for getting the Africard
Utility bills e.g. Nepa bills
Recognized identification card e.g. National ID card, voters card and the likes
2 recently taken passport photographs
A sum of about a thousand naira

Steps To Take To Apply
When you get to the bank (UBA of course), go ahead to the customer care section and inform that you want to open an account. You will be directed to the person in charge of opening new bank accounts, when you get to this person clearly point it out to the person that you want to get a UBA Africard.

It is possible that this person does not understand what you want as this is not really usually requested for. Go ahead to tell the person that you wish to open a prepaid card account that should get him/her to understand but if person still doesn’t understand,

Then show him/her the photo of the card (which I will recommend you save to your phone or print it out, whichever suits you) that should be okay for the person to get it. To get more information about the card, go to http://www.ubagroup.com/africard

There are two types of card and you will be asked the one you want, they are the:

Personalized Card: This card will have your name inscribed on it like your normal atm card looks. If you select this option, you will have to wait for 5 working days (say a week) before you get the card. This card cost N750 only

Non-Personalized Card: This card will not carry any name on it and unlike the first option; you will receive your card immediately that same day. This card cost N500 only.

They both work in the same way and anyone is fine, so depending on the type of card you choose, you will now be presented with a form to fill, complete the form with the necessary details.
Once you are done with this, you will be given an account number (your account number) to go and make deposit into. Go over to the counter, fill the deposit slip and make a deposit of late N1000 in the accounts.

Take back the teller to the person who opened the account for you who will then finalize everything and give you your card if you choose the no name option or give you an appointed date (around the week) to come back if you choose the name option.

As soon as you make the deposit, you will be debited. You would receive an alert on the mobile number you registered with. Here is a full view.

First you will be debited N500/N750 (depending on the type of card you choose) for getting the card
Then you will be debited N100 for depositing in the card. This N100 is a fixed fee that is debited from your card by UBA every time you deposit or withdraw from the card. Standard charges.

You will need to activate the card before it can become usable. There are two types of activation for this card. Atm activation and Online activation.

When you are given your card along with it you will be given a paper pack that contains the default pin of the card. So to do the atm activation, you will need to go to a UBA atm machine and change the default pin to your preferred pin. That makes your Africard activated. When you activated the card through the atm, a one-time fee of N100 is deducted for the card for activation.

Also in the paper pack given to you contains the passcode needed to carry out the online activation and instructions on how to carry it. You then need to go to the following website https://www.gtpsecurecard.com/UBA/Login.aspx enter your card number, the internet access pin that you will find also on the paper pack and then click on login.

You will then be asked to choose your preferred username and password for login in to internet transactions. Follow the instructions on the page and change your login details.

For online transactions, you can now carry out online transactions like check balance, mini-statement of account, transfer to other accounts holders and the likes. This online activation does not incur any fee. It’s free.

You now have a re-loadable debit card that is accepted anywhere you see the visa logo.

Funding Your Africard
Your new Africard is just like a normal account card but with no personal account to it. So therefore funding a like funding your savings account. Funding your UBA Africard is pretty much like depositing into a normal bank account. Your account number is at the bottom right corner of the back of the card.

It is a nuban number i.e. 10 numbers just like your normal bank account. So to deposit into your card account, go to the bank and be sure to tell the cashier that the account you want to deposit into is a card account. This is because it is a card account and it is therefore treated as such.

Also remember that N100 is going to be deducted from the card whenever you deposit/withdraw, so you need to add extra N100 whenever you want to fund your account.

Withdrawing from your Africard
Withdrawing from your account is also like withdrawing from your normal account but then also remember that there is a fee of N100.

Closing Thoughts:
There you have in your hands a step by step guide to getting the UBA Africard that you can use in your importation business. Before using the card for transactions though, make sure to check for the current exchange rate. You can ask at the customer service in the bank for the exchange rate. In a later post I will be showing some banks with the best exchange rates.

Wishing you the best with your importing deals
Committed to hear your success story,
Murphy Bolarinwa Browne
Signing Out....

If you love this post, please kindly do share it with others.

Source: http://blog.importationblueprint.com/2015/09/how-to-get-globally-accepted-debit-card.html

CC: lalasticlala, puskin, naijacutee

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Get A Globally Accepted Naira (N) Denominated Debit Visa Card by nblinks(m): 11:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
Hi,
The UBA Prepaid Card is good but what I found wrong in it are the N100 associated with depositing cash and withdrawing cash from the card. The question that I will always ask myself is - why will I pay to deposit my money in my card and also pay another N100 to withdraw money from my card?
In that sense, I will use a SkoyPay VISA Prepaid Card that has limited fee in depositing cash in the card as well as withdrawing from the card.
The card works exactly like any ATM card and the good thing about it is that it is accepted globally because it is a VISA card.

Re: How To Get A Globally Accepted Naira (N) Denominated Debit Visa Card by Techliet(m): 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mycard ADP is very good for employees
Re: How To Get A Globally Accepted Naira (N) Denominated Debit Visa Card by Techliet(m): 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mycard ADP is very good for employees. but no need since its not for Nigerians.
Re: How To Get A Globally Accepted Naira (N) Denominated Debit Visa Card by SamReinvented: 3:38pm On May 27, 2017
Hello,

Please who still uses this prepaid card? Please review. I'm thinking of getting a dollar prepaid card. I hope it isn't affected by the ongoing currency control wahala?

(1) (Reply)

ONITSHA Harbours The Largest Market In Westafrica / Do You Have Information On Toilet Roll/tissue Paper Production? / Attention All Betonmarkets Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.