Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,259 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

9jahiphop Apologizes! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9jahiphop Apologizes! (1381 Views)

Olamide Apologizes For His Behavior At The Headies Award. / Rick Ross Formally Apologizes For Rape Lyric / Davido Apologizes After Flauting Cheque On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9jahiphop Apologizes! by julian21(f): 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2009
The blogger has taken the high road,this is his apology

[Like a perfect gentleman,i would like to apologize to all those who felt offended by my top ten countdown.never knew my top ten will generate so much interest & controversy.i have been getting all sorts of mails and some people even went as far as cursing & raining abuses on me.no hard feelings,its all good.

For those who don't know,a blog is for expressing your views & that is what iam doing,if you are mad at that,go and start your own blog.

if you are mad that iam right,wish me wrong
if you are mad that iam on top,wish me gone
if you are mad that iam on the road,wish me home
but after your 3 wishes,blow it out ya head

A lot of people criticised my ratings.just so you know,the ratings was based on how successful an artist has been,how many hits he/she has,what impact he/she has made in the music industry.

i am so pro-Nigerian that i made sure that everyone on my top ten can spit/flow in either yoruba,hausa,igbo or pidgin.spitting in english is also an added advantage.so if you can find an artiste who meets all these standards & wasn't on my list.let me know

I believe any naija rapper worth his salt should be able to flow in his mother tongue.

ruggedman said it best on ruggedy baba
"wetin go make them know where you come from
na the fusion of grammar you slang in your mother tongue"

my top ten > Modenine,M.i,saucekid,ikechukwu,(fill in the gap).
if you take away everyone on my list from the rap industry,there will be nothing left(simple arithmetic).so until mode or m.i make a ruggedy baba or kini big deal type of song,they will never be mentioned in the same breath as ruggedman or naeto c.

some said i should have called it top 10 most successful/influential rappers in Nigeria.others said i should have called it top 10 indigenous rappers in Nigeria,but i chose to call it mic check-top 10 rappers in Nigeria and i owe no one an apology.

I am AYX & i rep 9ja to the fullest.what you have here is my top ten,hate it or love it. ]
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by asha80(m): 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2009
Is the guy talking of no of copies of their different album sold or should i say their street credibility?
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by dammiecool(m): 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2009
Think wink wink wink wink wink
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by dammiecool(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2009
Some nonsense dey make sense grin
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by tosinaded(m): 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2009
Swallow ur apology jare!
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Sauron1: 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2009
tosinaded@:

Swallow ur apology jare!

I have not seen the list. . . . . .Do u have it??
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by asha80(m): 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

I have not seen the list. . . . . .Do u have it??

U no fit cough if u see the list. tongue
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by tosinaded(m): 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2009
Asha abeg post the stuff!

2shotz
edris
nigga raw
weird mc
eldee

na d top 5 b dat?
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Dotman01(m): 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Bamsyle(m): 6:40pm On Apr 17, 2009
@topic/blogger

Don't be elated . . . this so-called top 10 countdown . . . to the best of my knowledge . . . erm . . . generated neither interest nor controversy . . .

It was humour at its thundering climax.

It's gladdening that blogger referred to it as "my top ten" . . . it's his . . . so I'm just laughing and moving on . . .

And with the indices used in the ratings . . . I think we now know better . . . no need to flex muscles . . .

But hey . . . whoever starts a note with "Like a perfect gentleman,i would like to apologize . . ." and ends by saying "i owe no one an apology. . .hate it or love it." ??

Do your thang dawg . . . but that's rather crass.
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Sauron1: 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2009
asha 80:

U no fit cough if u see the list. tongue

Give us the list, abeg.
I am sure Junior-N-Pretty, Eedris, Ruggedman and few other cats would be there. . . .
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Bamsyle(m): 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2009
Hehehe . . . you wish!

2shotz
Eedris
Dat Nigga Raw
Weird MC
Eldee

I think that's it.
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Utali(m): 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2009
Strategy!! me think it is cheap publicity
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by asha80(m): 6:51pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Give us the list, abeg.
I am sure Junior-N-Pretty, Eedris, Ruggedman and few other cats would be there. . . .

1.2shotz
2.eedris
3.nigga raw
4.weird mc
5.eldee
6.lord of ajasa
7.ruggedman
8.freestyle
9.sasha
10.naeto c
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Sauron1: 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2009
asha 80:

1.2shotz
2.eedris
3.nigga raw
4.weird mc
5.eldee
6.lord of ajasa
7.ruggedman
8.freestyle
9.sasha
10.naeto c

I agree with this list apart from the names i crossed.

Weird MC?? Can she rap??
Naeto C?? What the hell!!!!
2Shotz is too unserious for ma liking. . . . . . .I will even manage Mode9's rants before i listen to 2 Shot'z Igbotic accent.
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Moonstone(f): 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2009
Goodness me! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy He's feeling larger than life. That was a crappy list and the blogger knows that.
I still can believe 2shotz was first in that list. It still cracks me up sha.

The poster does not know the meaning of success. Look at people that are known outside of Nigeria. P-square is successful, 2face is successful even Naeto C is successful (for crying out loud, he performed on the debut of BBA3). . . 2shotz is not as successful as those guys.

Where did he put M.I. this time? I'm done with this blogger jare!
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Bamsyle(m): 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2009
He's hallucinating . . .

I'm ok with only 4 names on that list:

Lord of Ajasa
Ruggedman
Freestyle
Sasha

Eldee was promising but he's been so irritating of recent . . . Bosigbangba, Champion, Big Boy . . . Great snakes!!!

It was a good joke . . . I'm still laughing.
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Moonstone(f): 7:19pm On Apr 17, 2009
Bamsyle:

He's hallucinating . . .

I'm ok with only 4 names on that list:

Lord of Ajasa
Ruggedman
Freestyle
Sasha

Eldee was promising but he's been so irritating of recent . . . Bosigbangba, Champion, Big Boy . . . Great snakes!!!

I don't know what to call Eldee but I don't consider him a complete rapper. He's more of a singer in my opinion.
I'm okay with all those names above but I'm still trying to control my gag reflex. He might as well have included Daddy Showkey and Daddy Fresh for all I care.
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Sauron1: 7:23pm On Apr 17, 2009
Bamsyle:

Eldee is now in the comfort zone. . . . . . .
You don't expect him to crack his head and look for superb wordplays/metas/multis in his lyrics any more.
He is now complacent ever since he moved to Yankee but you cannot discount his lyrical ability when they were Trybesmen.
Eldee is good and he helped build the Naija hip-hop industry including King Of Wackness, Eedris!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

For many years, this song was actually the best RAP song in Naija.

[flash=560,425]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4elKCWAFao&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by MrCrackles(m): 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2009
Song not bad!

I could bust a nut inside that shawty's asshole man!! cheesy

Eldee looked malnourished in the video

American infused transformation is awesome!
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Sauron1: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

Song not bad!

I could bust a nut inside that shawty's asshole man!! cheesy

Eldee looked malnourished in the video

American infused transformation is awesome!

Song not bad?? Are u kidding me??
That song would be in top 3 of all time in the Naija hip-hop industry.
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Bamsyle(m): 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2009
Moonstone:

I don't know what to call Eldee but I don't consider him a complete rapper. He's more of a singer in my opinion.
I'm okay with all those names above but I'm still trying to control my gag reflex. He might as well have included Daddy Showkey and Daddy Fresh for all I care.

Eldee flattened out in the latter part of his career . . . he was a rapper when in Trybesmen . . . he became a singer as a solo artiste.

~Sauron~:

Eldee is now in the comfort zone. . . . . . .
You don't expect him to crack his head and look for superb wordplays/metas/multis in his lyrics any more.
He is now complacent ever since he moved to Yankee but you cannot discount his lyrical ability when they were Trybesmen.
Eldee is good and he helped build the Naija hip-hop industry including King Of Wackness, Eedris!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

For many years, this song was actually the best RAP song in Naija.

[flash=560,425]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4elKCWAFao&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]

I'm not even talking about wordplay et al . . . if that's the case, it woulda been good . . . fact is - dude doesn't even rap anymore!!!

He relaxed at a stage in his career when he should up his skills . . . what with the influx of new rappers like MI, Naeto C, Ikechukwu . . . and the incessant competition Ol' Gees like Ruggedman and Modenine constantly bring

"Oya" was good . . . but the face of Naija Rap has changed since then . . . this ain't no moment to flatten out . . . except you're retiring . . .

'Champion' was the thundering height of it . . . dude was singing and dancing galala like it was going out of fashion.
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by MrCrackles(m): 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Song not bad?? Are u kidding me??
That song would be in top 3 of all time in the Naija hip-hop industry.

Fair enough!

Do you want me to say excellente? tongue cheesy

It takes a lot for me to rate Naija music highly brethren, no disrespect!

Having said that, i think itz kinna refreshing from the wannabee bullshit getting a lotta airplay nowadays!!
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Sauron1: 7:49pm On Apr 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

Fair enough!

Do you want me to say excellente? tongue cheesy

It takes a lot for me to rate Naija music highly brethren, no disrespect!

Having said that, i think itz kinna refreshing from the wannabee bullshit getting a lotta airplay nowadays!!

I am glad you rate this one then. . . . . .Mr Naijaphobic. cheesy

Bamsyle:

Eldee flattened out in the latter part of his career . . . he was a rapper when in Trybesmen . . . he became a singer as a solo artiste.
I'm not even talking about wordplay et al . . . if that's the case, it woulda been good . . . fact is - dude doesn't even rap anymore!!!

Once NEPA and Egunje-driving Policemen get out of one's system, one gets LAZY. grin grin grin

He relaxed at a stage in his career when he should up his skills . . . what with the influx of new rappers like MI, Naeto C, Ikechukwu . . . and the incessant competition Ol' Gees like Ruggedman and Modenine constantly bring

"Oya" was good . . . but the face of Naija Rap has changed since then . . . this ain't no moment to flatten out . . . except you're retiring . . .

'Champion' was the thundering height of it . . . dude was singing and dancing galala like it was going out of fashion.

I guess he is not bovvered about his street credibility anymore.
He is just having fun and doing it for money.
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Bamsyle(m): 8:10pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Once NEPA and Egunje-driving Policemen get out of one's system, one gets LAZY. grin grin grin

I guess he is not bovvered about his street credibility anymore.
He is just having fun and doing it for money.

LOL . . . Agreed.

Check your list again . . . you left Eedris' name intact . . . was that an error??
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Sauron1: 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2009
Bamsyle:

LOL . . . Agreed.

Check your list again . . . you left Eedris' name intact . . . was that an error??

No syntax error. . . . .

The dude mentioned rappers that helped build Naija hip-hop.
I agree Eedris is wack but you have to respect his energy and tenacity to put Naija hip-hop on the map.
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Bamsyle(m): 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2009
Aiight . . . didn't remember 'em indices . . . "energy/tenacity" "buiders of Naija Rap" . . . can't dispute those factors when attached to Eedris . . . it's all good then.
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by rockyfela(m): 8:42pm On Apr 17, 2009
truth is at 1st i tought d guy was being sarcastic and i cant hate and as he said its his own opinion, 2 bad people wd have garbage opinions and air it 4 erryone 2 digest. Now he is feeling like a celebrity claiming he has caused controversy on the internet, yea rite controversy ma ass, pple are even treathening his life with emails cause of wetin? YEA RITE say u be ABACHA. NEXT TOPIC.
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by ruleyork: 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2009
YOU PEOPLE FINALLY MADE THIS GUY LARGER THAN LIFE!!!!!!!!!.WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS.
INTEREST & CONTROVERSY!!!!!! MY FOOT

1.2shotz
2.eedris
3.nigga raw
4.weird mc
5.eldee
6.lord of ajasa
7.ruggedman
8.freestyle
9.sasha
10.naeto c

IAM OKAY WITH ALL THE OTHERS THOUGH AND IAM NOT AS MAD AS I WAS INITIALLY NOW THAT I KNOW HOW HE RATED THEM.THE PART THAT HAD ME DUMBSTRUCK WAS WHEN HE SAID IF YOU TAKE AWAY HIS LIST FROM THE INDUSTRY THERE WIL BE NOTHING LEFT, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK.

LOL
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2009
Cant believe sauron ruled out nigga raw of all person.
Anyway, one need to understand Igbo language in order to fully appreciate his works.

As for hating on 2shot and his so-called ibotic accent, you forgot to rule out lord of ajasa, eedris and sasha cos of their tribal accent as well.
However, the blogger listed them as the best because of the thrills these accents bring to their audience.
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by tosinaded(m): 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2009
nuzo:

Cant believe sauron ruled out nigga raw of all person.
Anyway, one need to understand Igbo language in order to fully appreciate his works.

As for hating on 2shot and his so-called ibotic accent, you forgot to rule out lord of ajasa, eedris and sasha cos of their tribal accent as well.
However, the blogger listed them as the best because of the thrills these accents bring to their audience.

another tribal mo'fucca
must every1 like ur nigga raw
2shots raps in english mostly so his accent is obvious!!!!
how does that affect ajasa?? so he shld use english accent to rap in yoruba abi
nonsense!!
Re: 9jahiphop Apologizes! by Dotman01(m): 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2009
Abi o

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Like It By Ojb Feat.jazzman Olofin. / Need Casio FX-4500P For Buy. / Download: Korede Bello – Cold Outside (prod By Don Jazzy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.