Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,852 members, 7,855,522 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 (36552 Views)

Newcastle United Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 26th September 2015 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 19th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 12:48am On Sep 30, 2015
ollah1:

You have been to their stadia before to confirm how exactly it looks right? Btw, how is that your concern? When top teams mean in UCL you guys get beaten like a kid. When the lower teams meets in EL, you are also disgraced yet you still open ur mouth to say trash
Dude, I watch the games in High Definition .... you can see the sorry state of some of the stadia.
Yes EPL teams have not done well in CL of late but my point is that with all that said, the EPL is still the most watched and lucrative league in the world and with better wealth distribution as compared to the other leagues. La Liga just gives all its riches to RM & Barca..... It's boring.

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Shymm3x: 12:51am On Sep 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Leave that thing. With a man down, PSG outplayed Chelsea yeye and scored two goals. 2009 Chelsea will crush them to pieces. Ancelotti's Chelsea will crush them.

Leave the hype.

Lmao @ 2009 Chelsea and Ancelotti's Chelsea - the same Chelsea teams that gave most Chelsea fan heart attack, apart from grit of Drogba, the flukey deflected goals of Lampard, and Terry playing his heart out night in, night out? grin You wouldn't know cos you're not a Chelsea fan.

PSG outplayed us cos Mou got his tactics wrong during the second leg. He isn't perfect and he's human. But we didn't lose one game during the Champions league last season.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

Some players are just effective in certain systems...the fact that these guys were able to adapt to a system they fully understand (since they all came through the ranks at Barca) and reached their peak within the confines of that system - that doesn't mean the coach is a genius.

Let me ask you a question: what was the option B (apart from tiki taka) when Guardiola was the coach at Barca?

What has he won at Bayern with all the talents he has on that team? The guy is even more arrogant the Mourinho, yet you don't see folks complain about him.

You got all.the minutes in your hands but I don't cos it's obvious u are more like Mou who would lose but wouldn't accept his defeat.

What is the option B of Mou?
How many trophies has Mou won since he took over 3 years ago?

Guardiola is more arrogant than Mou, f*ckface. You really should be ashamed of urself and you shouldn't be discussing footie. You should switch to rugby or something cos you haven't been making any sense and u knw nothing

6 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:

Dude, I watch the games in High Definition .... you can see the sorry state of some of the stadia.
Yes EPL teams have not done well in CL of late but my point is that with all that said, the EPL is still the most watched and lucrative league in the world and with better wealth distribution as compared to the other leagues. La Liga just gives all its riches to RM & Barca..... It's boring.

Keep crying this tales until EPLs fourth spot is removed and given to Italy then you would know your tales wouldn't result to 3 POINTS. La Liga is boring yet it has 5 teams in UCL, which other league has done that.

We know what you would have said if EPL had done that

6 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Shymm3x: 12:57am On Sep 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

And Mourinho is not overrated or did not have a far reacher team than others.

Please, go and watch Manchester United in 1999. When they won Juventus and Bayern Munich and say Ferguson was not a tactical genius.

Ferguson has more brains in one side of his brain than Mourinho will ever have.

Go and check his record with Aberdeen of Scotland and see the teams he defeated with them.

Luis Enrique is a great coach. His work with Celta Vigo is still echoing.

Mourinho has won at the highest level with every club he has coached - that's greatness right there. Not too many coaches can do that.

You mean the 1999 Manchester United that won the Champions league, after Bayern dominated the game for 90 mins - and slept off for 3mins? That has to be one of the luckiest victories ever and it should rank alongside the penalty shoot-out victory over Chelsea. grin Alex Ferguson, the Mr. Tomato Face, is a lucky cu.nt - nothing special about the man. He was arrogant as shiit.

Okay. How would you rank Luis Enrique's barca vis-a-vis Guardiola's based on tactics and options?
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:57am On Sep 30, 2015
eni4real:
I think Guardiola deserves some credit. He is one of the best when it comes to coaching. Even in Bayern he won the Bundesliga, DFB polka and the Super cup and presently the team is in sterling form. The moment Bayern could beat Barcelona in the 2nd leg after the 1st leg defeat, i know that Guardiola is a great trainer such that even in the absence of key players like Alaba, Robben and Ribery(+ 1/2fit Lewandoski) he was still able to make some sense that show how good he is. What differentiate him from Mourinho is that he is cool about his success. Her calmness should not be equalled to Mediocrity. If Mourinho is the "Special one" then Guardiola is the "Super one"!
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Shymm3x: 12:59am On Sep 30, 2015
eni4real:
I think Guardiola deserves some credit. He is one of the best when it comes to coaching. Even in Bayern he won the Bundesliga, DFB polka and the Super cup and presently the team is in sterling form. The moment Bayern could beat Barcelona in the 2nd leg after the 1st leg defeat, i know that Guardiola is a great trainer such that even in the absence of key players like Alaba, Robben and Ribery(+ 1/2fit Lewandoski) he was still able to make some sense that show how good he is. What differentiate him from Mourinho is that he is cool about his success. Her calmness should not be equalled to Mediocrity. If Mourinho is the "Special one" then Guardiola is the "Super one"!

Guardiola is decent - nothing special.

Winning Bundesliga while competing against tomato cans is nothing special. Even Tony Pulis would win the Bundesliga with those players. Let's see what will happen this season with the resurgence of Dortmund.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 1:00am On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:

A Madrid had a great year in 2013/14 season but have petered down to 3/4th position after that as before. I am focusing on La Liga league championships and not the other domestic cups. They also did great at CL that year. They have not been able to build after that and guess why?? The year they won La Liga they still got less money from TV rights than the 20th placed EPL team that got relegated!!
You know the 3 teams that have won EPL titles in the last decade .... Arsenal should have had won too if not for their obstinance in being trifty but they are still a decent side.

You still keep writing trash. Are we discussing money here? Like I said earlier, A. MADRID has won more trophies than all ur so called solid teams.

You initially mentioned 4 teams but now it's three. You regard Arsenal a decent side?? A team that has been placed in the fourth position for years and only broke the jinx last year which made them extremely happy. Guy abeg, no dey write nonsense for here

4 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by clevadani: 1:00am On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:

Yeah good point. I tried to follow La Liga last season but it just got boring with Barca's dominance. Maybe I'll pay attention this season with all the shake ups so far.
barca's dominance in last season's liga? Y are u lying? U obviously didnt watch la liga last season. Barca only retained top spot in la liga with 6 games till d end of the league. Unlike in the epl where everyone knew that chelsea will win the league after 15 games.

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Shymm3x: 1:02am On Sep 30, 2015
ollah1:

You got all.the minutes in your hands but I don't cos it's obvious u are more like Mou who would lose but wouldn't accept his defeat.

What is the option B of Mou?
How many trophies has Mou won since he took over 3 years ago?

Guardiola is more arrogant than Mou, f*ckface. You really should be ashamed of urself and you shouldn't be discussing footie. You should switch to rugby or something cos you haven't been making any sense and u knw nothing

Against big spenders in the EPL - Mou has overachieved in the last two years, to be honest.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 1:04am On Sep 30, 2015
clevadani:

barca's dominance in last season's liga? Y are u lying? U obviously didnt watch la liga last season. Barca only retained top spot in la liga with 6 games till d end of the league. Unlike in the epl where everyone knew that chelsea will win the league after 15 games.
Don't you get my point?? It's either Barca or RM.... period.

Yes, CFC rocked last year at the EPL .... it was refreshing to see a new winner unlike same old same old in La Liga.
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

Against big spenders in the EPL - Mou has overachieved in the last two years, to be honest.

Ohh it's now against big spenders. You are really a joke, Mou won just two trophies and he has overarchived but Guardiola has won 5 trophies but nothing special. You didn't answer the questions I asked you

Like I said, you should switch to rugby or something. Footie isn't a thing u should be discussing

3 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:05am On Sep 30, 2015
What you call luck is actually brilliant. You think Sir Alex sent Solksjaer into that match to sell Mango. He read a weakness and sent a trusted hand to execute it.

That is what happens when you think only Mourinho is bright ant the rest luck.

Mourinho throws Demba Ba in against PSG he is genius. Another does something more tactical and you call it fluke.

Mourinho has done it in every club he went to. Can he stay in one league for more than ten years and dominate it? Keep up with the changing trends? Guardiola did it in Spain. He is doing it in Germany and he with do it else where.

By the way, Mourinho has not won World Club Cup. Guardiola has two.

It is not who calls police first wins the case.

Shymm3x:

Mourinho has won at the highest level with every club he has coached - that's greatness right there. Not too many coaches can do that.

You mean the 1999 Manchester United that won the Champions league, after Bayern dominated the game for 90 mins - and slept off for 3mins? That has to be one of the luckiest victories ever and it should rank alongside the penalty shoot-out victory over Chelsea. grin Alex Ferguson, the Mr. Tomato Face, is a lucky cu.nt - nothing special about the man. He was arrogant as shiit.

Okay. How would you rank Luis Enrique's barca vis-a-vis Guardiola's based on tactics and options?

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:09am On Sep 30, 2015
Shymm3x:

Guardiola and Enrique have the same base of their game. That is Dutch style possessive football. But Enrique aligns similarly with Rijkaard with a Lacy attacking line up.

Guardiola believes more in keeping possession and taking time to unlock his opponents.

Enrique plays with Wing strikers in Messi and Neymar.

While Guardiola plays with wingers and gives his wing backs more mobility. They play almost the same style but Enrique is more direct.

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 1:09am On Sep 30, 2015
ollah1:

You still keep writing trash. Are we discussing money here? Like I said earlier, A. MADRID has won more trophies than all ur so called solid teams.

You initially mentioned 4 teams but now it's three. You regard Arsenal a decent side?? A team that has been placed in the fourth position for years and only broke the jinx last year which made them extremely happy. Guy abeg, no dey write nonsense for here
OK, be happy with your La Liga..... let's see if a new team apart from the same old two win it this season.

I can't help it if the gunners keep f'king up and not winning a title ... I can also speak up for my Chelsea. Yeah, Arsenal is a decent team ... they still contribute to the excitement at EPL, unlike La Liga's same old same old
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by clevadani: 1:13am On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:

Don't you get my point?? It's either Barca or RM.... period.

Yes, CFC rocked last year at the EPL .... it was refreshing to see a new winner unlike same old same old in La Liga.
new winner as how? The epl and la liga has had the same no of different winners in the past 10 that is 3 each. So what is ur point

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 1:14am On Sep 30, 2015
ollah1:

Keep crying this tales until EPLs fourth spot is removed and given to Italy then you would know your tales wouldn't result to 3 POINTS. La Liga is boring yet it has 5 teams in UCL, which other league has done that.

We know what you would have said if EPL had done that

Dude, if La Liga is so great why can't they sell their league as universally as the EPL??

The only reason they have 5 spots is because Barca won the league and CL and so they the 4 spots when to 2 to 5.

Ok, I need to concentrate on my baseball game here .... my Yankees are f'king up
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:14am On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:

No EPL club including my team Manchester City plays better ball than Villarreal despite the EPL riches, Lucrative deals and viewers.

That is the point we are making.

It is not a case of winning but playing well and developing your game.

5 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 1:16am On Sep 30, 2015
clevadani:

new winner as how? The epl and la liga has had the same no of different winners in the past 10 that is 3 each. So what is ur point
The 3 winners in the EPL have won it at least 2 times.

In La Liga, AM won it just once .... the rest na Barca/RM chop am with boring efficiency.

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 1:17am On Sep 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

No EPL club including my team Manchester City play better ball than Villarreal despite the EPL riches, Lucrative deals and viewers.

That is the point we are making.

It is not a case of winning but playing well and developing your game.
Oga good Joe ... till Villareal squares up against Man C that remains to be seen.....
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by xtervaganza(m): 1:18am On Sep 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
I agree for LewanGoalsKi and Guardiola. 5-0 and there is still time for more. Who says Mourinho is better than Guardiola? Who?
just shut your filthy traps

Has pep improved bayern?
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by clevadani: 1:18am On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:

Dude, if La Liga is so great why can't they sell their league as universally as the EPL??

The only reason they have 5 spots is because Barca won the league and CL and so they the 4 spots when to 2 to 5.

Ok, I need to concentrate on my baseball game here .... my Yankees are f'king up
the epl is only great because their marketing department is amazing

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by xtervaganza(m): 1:19am On Sep 30, 2015
krattoss:
I think lewandowski should win the ballon d or..

Dude is on fire
u can make one and give it to him

3 Likes

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 1:20am On Sep 30, 2015
clevadani:

the epl is only great because their marketing department is amazing
You can only market BS for so long .... EPL has a trusted product with great wealth distribution. If La Liga did the same they could one day be the number 1 followed league.... till then it's just a 2 horse race

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by xtervaganza(m): 1:21am On Sep 30, 2015
BankManager:

HAT TRICK FOR LEWANDOWSKI! That's 10
goals in 3 games..LEGEND
so 3 games makes one a legend to you?

Where do they get all these dumbos from? sad

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by clevadani: 1:22am On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:

The 3 winners in the EPL have won it at least 2 times.

In La Liga, AM won it just once .... the rest na Barca/RM chop am with boring efficiency.
That was as a result of barca's dominance which is obvious in europe in the fact that they've won 4 out of the last 9 champions league
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by xtervaganza(m): 1:24am On Sep 30, 2015
tgmservice:
Am a chelsea fan but I have to say the truth the premier league ie a pure disgrace
arsenal, man u and city

Chelsea so far have not disgraced EPL in Europe despite tonight's setback

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by kobonaire(m): 1:25am On Sep 30, 2015
clevadani:

That was as a result of barca's dominance which is obvious in europe in the fact that they've won 4 out of the last 9 champions league
Exactly what I am saying .... It's a Barca/RM show ... the league keeps giving all the TV rights money to these two that the rest cannot compete.
The year AM won the league (2013/2014 season), AM made less TV money than the last EPL team that got relegated!!!!
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by Shymm3x: 1:26am On Sep 30, 2015
ollah1:

Ohh it's now against big spenders. You are really a joke, Mou won just two trophies and he has overarchived but Guardiola has won 5 trophies but nothing special. You didn't answer the questions I asked you

Like I said, you should switch to rugby or something. Footie isn't a thing u should be discussing

Won two of the most coveted trophies in a league where there are at least 6 big spenders and that's highly competitive.

Guardiola won 5 trophies in a league where other teams, including Dortmund, are Bayern's feeder team. They always sell their best players to Bayern Munich alie? grin
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by coded01: 1:27am On Sep 30, 2015
advocates:
Ignore my last post, I was referring to the other who siding me thinking it was you. To the topic: EPL had its style of play that makes it more attractive and market thriving. You are almost one among many who considered the EPL less appealing. Take a stats of the number of people that watch the EPL and you will be amaze of the kind of follower ship it attract. How can an event that lacks flair be this glued to by many?

Ask the media! grin
Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by cr7lomo: 1:27am On Sep 30, 2015
In the CL era that's since 92 , Madrid have won equal CL trophies with the English teams. Infact , barca and real have more than doubled the total English teams have won in the same era

1 Like

Re: FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 by clevadani: 1:28am On Sep 30, 2015
kobonaire:
Exactly what I am saying .... It's a Barca/RM show ... the league keeps giving all the TV rights money to these two that the rest cannot compete.
The year AM won the league (2013/2014 season), AM made less TV money than the last EPL team that got relegated!!!!

And still, Ath Madrid would destroy the epl winner from that year

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 29th September 2018 / The Story Behind Leicester City Meteoric Rise To Being EPL Champions -Goal.com / Chelsea Vs Liverpool: Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 27th January 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.