Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Buhari's Cabinet Formation---What The Delay Implies. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Cabinet Formation---What The Delay Implies. (650 Views)

Buhari's Cabinet Shake-up: My Candid Recommendations For Sack / I Will Strive To Be The Best Minister In Buhari’s Cabinet - Onu / At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Cabinet Formation---What The Delay Implies. by histemple: 2:10am On Sep 27, 2015
Shortly after President Muhammadu Buhari was sworn-in as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, he reiterated his commitment towards fighting corruption and the resuscitation of our moribund economy.

The anti-corruption war was to reflect in his body-language and the quality of people to be recruited to his team, and this implies that the president needed to be careful so as to appoint only credible, competent and honest people.

He didn't disappoint as he showed flashes of his commitment with such unprecedented sacrifices as offering to accept 50 percent pay cut and rejecting a proposal for a new presidential fleet.

When Nigerians started questioning his competence and accusing him of running a solitary government, based on his delay in forming his cabinet, his response was that, it is better to be careful in his selection to avoid errors. In fact, he joked that it was better to be slow and steady, when he was nicknamed "BABA GO SLOW" by Nigerians.

The President had on September 07,2015 in Ghana, promised to form his cabinet before the end of September 2015, but I suspect that he said that "ONLY" to suppress the pressure from journalists and other concerned vocal Nigerians.

Now aside the agitation and frowning by observers based on the suspicion of another premeditated perfidy, which is only going to add to the numerous breached promises made to Nigerians at different platforms, there are so many questions begging for answers.

If Buhari is finding it difficult to get honest and competent people within the APC for over 100 days, what does this say about the APC and Buhari?

Is Buhari's search for credible and competent people restricted to a particular region or circle? What does this say about Nigerians---if YES or NO?

Obviously, we can't have ministers this month as he was yet to even send names to the Senate for screening, so what will be the excuse this time?

Does his statement that ministers are "noisemakers" connected to his reluctance?

Going by the reasons advanced for the delay in forming his cabinet, is it that Nigerians are mostly incompetent and dishonest or Buhari is incompetent and dishonest about finding them?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Cabinet Formation---What The Delay Implies. by Tkester: 2:20am On Sep 27, 2015
histemple:

If Buhari is finding it difficult to get honest and competent people within the APC for over 100 days, what does this say about the APC and Buhari

Very true!
Respect!
Re: Buhari's Cabinet Formation---What The Delay Implies. by Nobody: 2:59am On Sep 27, 2015
Go find work joor

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari's Cabinet Formation---What The Delay Implies. by Smithkline555: 2:59am On Sep 27, 2015
The last time I checked, september will end on the 30th and not 27th. You guys should really be constructive in your criticisms. The way you wailers are going about it, it is obvious that all wailers can't wait for PMB to fail but it is audible to deaf and visible to the blind that PMB will succeed in this national assignment. Let's join hands together and make Nigeria great, it will be beneficial to you and I.
Re: Buhari's Cabinet Formation---What The Delay Implies. by histemple: 12:03am On Sep 28, 2015
Smithkline555:
The last time I checked, september will end on the 30th and not 27th. You guys should really be constructive in your criticisms. The way you wailers are going about it, it is obvious that all wailers can't wait for PMB to fail but it is audible to deaf and visible to the blind that PMB will succeed in this national assignment. Let's join hands together and make Nigeria great, it will be beneficial to you and I.

It will be better if you stop seeing unfavourable but factual analysis of the Buhari's administration as wailing and such Analysts, as wailers.

I never voted for Buhari and couldn't have done so but I must tell you that I have absolute confidence that Buhari will succeed, or at least surpass the previous presidents that ever governed the nNigerian state.

However, it is unfortunate that he is surrounded by people who are hell bent on misrepresenting him and giving a wrong impression of him. Most of the things Nigerians are attacking Buhari for, never emanated from PMB but his media Aides.

Instead of managing his public image and advising him aright, they are obstinately insistent on compelling him to make unrealistic statements with unnecessary deadlines.

As a public office holder, anything you say, must be analysed to the last, even your tenses.

The deadline to "form" his cabinet latest end of September, was absolutely unnecessary and the deadline was unrealistic because you can't "form" your cabinet when Senate was yet to start screening.

At best, PMB can only SELECT candidates for screening, and can only form the cabinet with successfully screened candidates.

There is no magic that will make Buhari swear in his ministers on 30th September and that constitutes mendacity that was avoidable. So we can't have a cabinet but perhaps, may have proposed list of ministerial nominees for screening.

I support and pray for him to succeed because it is better for you and I.

(1) (Reply)

Akpu: What Is Good For The Igbo Man Is Good For Americans / Single Women Tend To Be More Attracted To Men Who Are Taken Rather Than Those? / Gov Rochas Okorocha's 55th Independence Day Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.