Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,750 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB (3930 Views)

Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders / S’south Not Part Of Biafra, Kokori Tells MASSOB / Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 27, 2015
Stephansmily:
The youth wing of the apex Igbo socio- cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has told the leadership of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra that seceding from Nigeria, as being agitated by the group, would not be in the interest of the Igbo.
The National President of Ohanaeze Youth Council, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro stated this on Saturday during a press conference in Umuahia, Abia State, to unveil plans for this year’s Igbo Youths Day slated for Monday in Umuahia. According to him, it is better for Ndigbo to remain in Nigeria and struggle for their fair share of the ‘national cake’ than fight for self-determination with its attendant consequences. He said, “ It is better we remain in Nigeria and fight for our rights than secede. We have been patient enough and in 2019, it will be our turn to produce a Nigerian President. It will take a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction to heal the wounds of Biafra.”
He called on the Federal Government to unconditionally release all members of MASSOB and other Biafran activists detained in various prisons across the country. Isiguzoro also appealed to the Federal Government to address what he described as injustices against Ndigbo in the country, which he said were the major reason for the agitation for self-rule by MASSOB and other pro- Biafran groups.
He further argued that it defied logic for members of MASSOB who are non-violent to continue to be held illegally for years in detention, ‘‘while the same government is busy releasing captured members of violent groups like Boko Haram and Niger Delta militants who have taken up arms against the state.”
“Since the Federal Government is secretly negotiating with Boko Haram terrorists, why can’t it also negotiate with MASSOB, which is non-violent? Since it is releasing some Boko Haram fighters, it should also consider MASSOB members detained illegally in prisons.” The OYC helmsman however declared support for the anti- corruption war of President Muhammadu Buhari, arguing that those responsible for the woes of Nigeria should be brought to book. He also said the Igbo Youths Day would be used to sensitise Igbo governors on the urgent need to invest in agriculture for youth empowerment. Speaking earlier, Chairman of the organising committee and National Vice-Treasurer of OYC, Dr. Lawrence Dozie, said the theme of this year’s celebration is “Ndigbo: The Challenges of our Youths.”

www.punchng.com/news/secession-not-in-igbos-interest-ohanaeze-tells-massob/
Lalasticlala

S waste.

1 Like

Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by mu2sa2: 8:21am On Sep 27, 2015
They say they're Jews-they should just pack their akpu, ogbono, bitter leaf and go and join their brethren in the middle east. Bye bye ritualists, robbers and hired killers. Confused bunch.

1 Like

Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by SUBWAY101(m): 8:27am On Sep 27, 2015
chuna1985:

S waste.

Chime chukwuma, what has SW got to do with this thread? You love looking for trouble, dont start what you cant finish.
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by EasternLionn: 8:42am On Sep 27, 2015
Ohaneze can yan Okpata AF.

World Igbo congress has endorsed Nnamdi Kanu and these ones here are looking for their bellies.

"Ihe mu na unu ga-eri".
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by truefact: 8:44am On Sep 27, 2015
The type of news that gladden the suffercated diabolical clowns hearts. .
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by IGBOPRINCE: 8:51am On Sep 27, 2015
Ilekeh:
Confused people.

Y'all need to address the unemployed IPOB touts NL chapter.
my problem with you is that you don't know the different between touts and agitators. The ones in lagos disturbing danfo drivers in oshodi,ojota and yaba re called touts and the ones stealing from igbos trade and investments in lagos re called touts.

All dis ones are agitators without violence. Stop calling them touts. Respects their right man.

3 Likes

Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by EasternLionn: 8:58am On Sep 27, 2015
truefact:
The type of news that gladden the suffercated diabolical clowns hearts. .

Well Lagos will be our conquered territory as long as they want one Nigeria.
Simples.

1 Like

Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by chrisblack: 9:13am On Sep 27, 2015
stickncarrot:
Ohanaeze Ndigbo is a socio- cultural organisation and doesn't in anyway represent 'Ndigbo'. All we know is Biafra and Ohanaeze is working with its own agenda and not for Ndigbo.

Disregard all information from Ohanaeze as the group represent its own interest and not Biafra. Biafra is not an Igbo thing and can't not be represented by Ohanaeze Ndigbo, a social cultural organisation.

God bless the republic of Biafra.
so know ohaneze is working for it's own purpose.a word they say his enough for the wise.when most of you come on to declare Biafra and you don't give a dam about the consequence. I always laugh.why because many of you are very stupid.inasmuch as going about it in a peaceful manner is the best alternative. Many have being going about it in a violent manner.The odds are stacked against you.sea blockade is certain you will not be allowed to have a functional navy or AIRFORCE.the Nigerian armed forces due to the war with BH are a curing new and more powerful capabilities they would never have thought of years back even the airfoce in on the verge of getting 4th gen fighters. Check for bedixxii's post to have a glimpse. Those that know the reality have beign warning,while those that know nothing ha e being clamouring for war.common sense dictate 20% can't fight 80% which have all the military equipment.The navy during the time of Biafra war.only have 1 flag ship.the NNS Nigerian.now they have a more than capable fleet to effectively block and bombard .the president of the ohaneze has given the best solution out of this.even the Yoruba's at a point felt leaving would be better guess they had a rethink.however my question to the president his not when the ibos will be president.but to give nigera a befitting and qualitative President. War is never good.do you think the war will be fought in sokoto or Adamawa.it will be fought on your land.more powerful bombs will be use.you will be more on the defensive cause you are defending you breakaway territory. They will attack with everything.may be we would see occasional attack across the Niger from the other side.the resultant effect would be humanitarian disaster on both side.whilst that other govt will be minimal. The other will be great.Cameroon would have being bought off has usual through land exchanges or via propaganda. They would definitely refuse passage through their country. Think all .let's work towards having a peaceful country.
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by cocoduck: 9:27am On Sep 27, 2015
chrisblack:
so know ohaneze is working for it's own purpose.a word they say his enough for the wise.when most of you come on to declare Biafra and you don't give a dam about the consequence. I always laugh.why because many of you are very stupid.inasmuch as going about it in a peaceful manner is the best alternative. Many have being going about it in a violent manner.The odds are stacked against you.sea blockade is certain you will not be allowed to have a functional navy or AIRFORCE.the Nigerian armed forces due to the war with BH are a curing new and more powerful capabilities they would never have thought of years back even the airfoce in on the verge of getting 4th gen fighters. Check for bedixxii's post to have a glimpse. Those that know the reality have warning,while those that know nothing ha e being clamouring for war.common sense dictate 20% can't fight 80% which have all the military equipment.The navy during the time of Biafra war.only have 1 flag ship.the NNS Nigerian.now they have a more than capable fleet to effectively block and bombard .the president of the ohaneze has given the best solution out of this.even the Yoruba's at a point felt leaving would be better guess they had a rethink.however my question to the president his not when the ibos will be president.but to give nigera a befitting and qualitative President. Thank you
Ignorant man like you, The Brits are your masters and are the ones who flooded you people with weapons to kill Biafrans in large numbers and are the ones who blocked the access to Biafra not hawsa fulani almajiri, The Brits are the ones we fought against, okay, black man mentality Is very dangerous and predictable.

1 Like

Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:41am On Sep 27, 2015
agarawu23:
Only hungry IBO's scream about Biafra undecided

The rich don't gv a damn cos they have investment they are monitoring all over the country.

Hungry ipob/massob should keep ranting, the earlier you start facing reality, the better for u.

Biafra my ass

I see how much you love the Igbos , that you don't want them to go . You prefer to remain in the same country with them. But, yet pple like you still spew that Igbos are the problem of Nigeria. Pls shove ur wicked love deep into your dirty asshole. Hypocrites cowards who can't survive without Igbo!!!

1 Like

Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by chrisblack: 9:57am On Sep 27, 2015
cocoduck:
Ignorant man like you, The Brits are your masters and are the ones who flooded you people with weapons to kill Biafrans in large numbers and are the ones who blocked the access to Biafra not hawsa fulani almajiri, The Brits are the ones we fought against, okay, black man mentality Is very dangerous and predictable.
are the Brits still around or not.so what you are saying his the Brits are just watching all your drama and soaps.waiting for you guys to declare.they will call america and France this time,mind you they are closer than before.Nigeria can handle Russia on its own.can you tell me the end result.more weapons for Nigeria,nmamdi KANU will be arrested whenever the govt feels like.the general pictures would be famine sickness, diseases,hunger and refugees every where you go
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by 1shortblackboy: 10:05am On Sep 27, 2015
Brooklynsouth:
I thought he was refering to IP0B massob has already been compromised so no one cares about it in any restoration moment there must People like that ohaneze doesn't speak 4 igbo moreover biafra is not an igbo so how does that concern he know massob has no direction that's y he's addreSsing them that way don't be too happy hausa and yoruba countryside men the game is about to start even ohaneze youth wing won't have a say in events from now till december just watch I pity people who always try had to remind us of what happened in 1966 well na u get your mouth remember if our father built ogbunigwe imagine what their can build my dear don't think that this rain clouding with only fall in biafraland only the whole of Nigeria ll be dragged n I swear this is no child's play if only we review this plan cos lagos seaport won't function again u don't import and I won't everybody is affected not only that as u are destroying my villa and destroying yours forget it bro what's about to happen even cnn won't see where to mount its satellite van to broadcast so supply of gas 4 energy imagine what that means somalia ll be a heaven after that war my dear people nigeria army is not that powerful as we all assume remember inside that army igbos nd biafran soldiers are still there do u think they ll kill their brothers and sisters mothers and fathers u are dreaming imagine the support the ipob is getting from the world the rich u are talking about won't stop the miscreants u are calling the poor when the start cos bomb doesn't know who the Igbo that is against biafra remember we all ll be tag igbo so when the time comes they ll align property or ur life don't worry about that what is to come ll live in our hearts no one ll beg 4 that I promise so many countries are interested in this war think allow biafra to go or europe should be expecting more 40 million refuges thanks am off to father tansi chapel aba abia state and to ll put biafra in prayer
All hail the land of the rising sun
incoherent blabbing.
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by backtosender: 10:14am On Sep 27, 2015
what i dont understand is that the same Yoruba and hausa fulani that hate igbos will rather die than to see igbo leave them what kind of human beans is these undecided
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by agarawu23(m): 10:59am On Sep 27, 2015
[s]
wisdomguy4u:

I see how much you love the Igbos , that you don't want them to go . You prefer to remain in the same country with them. But, yet pple like you still spew that Igbos are the problem of Nigeria. Pls shove ur wicked love deep into your dirty asshole. Hypocrites cowards who can't survive without Igbo!!!
[/s] I love the Igbo's but I am not in support of Biafra and if that's why you hate me, you can rot in hell for all I care.

You are bastard if you can't bring out any of my comment saying Igbos are the problem of Nigeria.

It's only God a country can't survive without.
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by Toxac: 11:08am On Sep 27, 2015
Hello! Curious about Nigeria, I first learned about tribalism. Nigerians themselves are talking about it(among other important issues): https://ask.naij.com/what-is-nigerias-socialeconomical-and-political-pr.html . In my country, this problem is not encountered. This is really one of the biggest problems of Nigeria?
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by 7lives: 11:17am On Sep 27, 2015
Aufbauh:
"In the long history of humankind (and animal too), those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed" - Charles Darwin
I think those agitating for biafra are those who seems to be hopeless and helpless about their present situation in their daily struggles which is not peculiar to an Igbo man alone, with the fantasy that biafra is a land flowing with milk and honey that will eventually better his lots.
No reasonable Igbo man who has investment and business interests that will be craving for the unknown.
I know a lot of Igbo guys who have hotels, showrooms, warehouses, apartment buildings etc scattered around amuwo odofin and are still investing, these guy will not be willing to champion a course that will probably ruin their investment and life's struggles.
Those e-warriors shouting at every pages of nairaland are probably 'apriko boys' in odo-ade/agric, mandilas,computer village, Alaba, ladipo and trade fair in lagos, then Dede and mile 12 in Abuja & PH respectively.

There was this guy who used to have two shops, he sells ladies wears and he was doing fine.
All of a sudden, he started having issues so he quits one of the shops and focused his attention on the other.
By November last year he said he is going for Christmas and he will stay behind to join JEG campaign, he said " this election there must be wahala, by any means possible Goodluck must win, if Goodluck no win he no go fit hand over to Igbo make we become president. If dem no allow Goodluck to win wahala must start, we go declare Biafra. "
He was a hard working guy and i admired him, we are all in the shopping complex trying to better our lives with our various businesses, things are not moving according to our expectations but we are not stagnant.
While his brothers were urging him on i beg him not to play with his life and business, he locked his shop after our Christmas party and said he will see me after the election but i thought he was just bluffing.
The election had come and gone his shop is still under lock no word nothing, i have since moved my business to another location in January and anytime i passed through this former shopping complex i stopped to ask after this guy, their response makes me feel like they don't even care about him and these are the people who encouraged him that time, now they are busy with their business , it gives me creeps.

1 Like

Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by lionstone: 11:40am On Sep 27, 2015
OHANEZE NDI OSI, OLE AND THIEVE. BIAFRA IS NOT AN IGBO THING. A TIME SHALL COME WHEN WE SHALL SHOW ALL SABO PEPPER.
CHUCKWU ABIAMA DESTROY ALL BIAFRA SABO. AMEN.
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Chime chukwuma, what has SW got to do with this thread? You love looking for trouble, dont start what you cant finish.

Another S waste on d lose.
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by cocoduck: 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
chrisblack:
are the Brits still around or not.so what you are saying his the Brits are just watching all your drama and soaps.waiting for you guys to declare.they will call america and France this time,mind you they are closer than before.Nigeria can handle Russia on its own.can you tell me the end result.more weapons for Nigeria,nmamdi KANU will be arrested whenever the govt feels like.the general pictures would be famine sickness, diseases,hunger and refugees every where you go
Nigeria can handle Russia on it own, that reminds me of the proverbial sparrow that challenged its god after eating so much food. Kanu had been in Nigeria all the while. black man black brain black mentality equal to that of a two year old child which is also equal to that of a dog.
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by chrisblack: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
cocoduck:

Nigeria can handle Russia on it own, that reminds me of the proverbial sparrow that challenged its god after eating so much food. Kanu had been in Nigeria all the while. black man black brain black mentality equal to that of a two year old child which is also equal to that of a dog.
you don't seem to get my drift.Nigeria handling Russia was not meant to be in terms or war rather in terms of bilateral agreements.mind you our military is also very close to Russian especially our AIRFORCE.Russia is a super power my saying is that Russia will choose Nigeria anytime anyway against Biafra.it just simply jetting down to Moscow and coming back with some few military supplies.now you get my drift.religion will not help.may be the Catholic church month support.mind you there are many Catholic also in the north and west.let me tell you it will be bloody and the end result will be devastating for both sides but with Biafra bearing the brunt of it more than any part.I tell you it will be terrible. Imagine IMO,Enugu,abia,ebonyi and anambra put together which is just about half the size of let's say borno,yobe or sambisa.some of you are just shouting war I think you should spend some days bank I or ngala in the north-east then yoiu will stop all this rubbish clamouring for war you can't win even from the very beginning.
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
chrisblack:
so know ohaneze is working for it's own purpose.a word they say his enough for the wise.when most of you come on to declare Biafra and you don't give a dam about the consequence. I always laugh.why because many of you are very stupid.inasmuch as going about it in a peaceful manner is the best alternative. Many have being going about it in a violent manner.The odds are stacked against you.sea blockade is certain you will not be allowed to have a functional navy or AIRFORCE.the Nigerian armed forces due to the war with BH are a curing new and more powerful capabilities they would never have thought of years back even the airfoce in on the verge of getting 4th gen fighters. Check for bedixxii's post to have a glimpse. Those that know the reality have beign warning,while those that know nothing ha e being clamouring for war.common sense dictate 20% can't fight 80% which have all the military equipment.The navy during the time of Biafra war.only have 1 flag ship.the NNS Nigerian.now they have a more than capable fleet to effectively block and bombard .the president of the ohaneze has given the best solution out of this.even the Yoruba's at a point felt leaving would be better guess they had a rethink.however my question to the president his not when the ibos will be president.but to give nigera a befitting and qualitative President. War is never good.do you think the war will be fought in sokoto or Adamawa.it will be fought on your land.more powerful bombs will be use.you will be more on the defensive cause you are defending you breakaway territory. They will attack with everything.may be we would see occasional attack across the Niger from the other side.the resultant effect would be humanitarian disaster on both side.whilst that other govt will be minimal. The other will be great.Cameroon would have being bought off has usual through land exchanges or via propaganda. They would definitely refuse passage through their country. Think all .let's work towards having a peaceful country.

Are you saying that for fear of death, we should be silken about the ill treatment from Nigeria? Are you asking a president who have divided a country he is governing into 95% and 5% for effective presidency? He said it, he acted it in his appointments.

What I can not farthome is why you think that asking for self governce means declaring war. Is Nigeria government trying to to fight war with Biafra because Biafrans feel maltreated and Nigeria government want them to continue to be maltreated?

You deny them Education Jamb cutoff mark
You deny them Employment
You deny them of development
You kill them at will
You suck from them to pay your people (Kano state receives 10 billion per month which is twice what states in Biafra is receiving from the Government)
You said that confab is anti North because it talks about equitable resource control

Well, you have described your high calibre ammunition to fight Biafra with, I assure you that if it is to start, those arms won't be operational.
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by SUBWAY101(m): 6:21am On Sep 28, 2015
chuna1985:

Another S waste on d lose.

Chime chibuzo chukwuma, You are referring to your ugly fat mother. You will cry soon. Lmao
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 28, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Chime chibuzo chukwuma, You are referring to your ugly fat mother. You will cry soon. Lmao

I think u like insulting people's mother because u have used ur mother for unsuccessful money ritual, u have already cried n i assure u that u will cry alone. Ikenga gba guoo gi. Useless s waster.
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by chiefmidwife: 7:36am On Sep 28, 2015
No amount of intimidation/discouragement will stop Biafra
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by superstar1(m): 7:42am On Sep 28, 2015
confused set of human beings,

today they want Biafra, tomorrow they want Naija, the day after they will want Cote D'ivoire.

MSchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by SUBWAY101(m): 8:42am On Sep 28, 2015
[s]
chuna1985:

I think u like insulting people's mother because u have used ur mother for unsuccessful money ritual, u have already cried n i assure u that u will cry alone. Ikenga gba guoo gi. Useless s waster.
[/s]

See the shameless hypocrite, you insult other tribe but dont want your old smelly w.hore mother to be insulted. M.oronic oaf, go take care of your useless dying mother. Her ugliness can kill a 2years old child. What a shame
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 28, 2015
SUBWAY101:
[s][/s]

See the shameless hypocrite, you insult other tribe but dont want your old smelly w.hore mother to be insulted. M.oronic oaf, go take care of your useless dying mother. Her ugliness can kill a 2years old child. What a shame

I didn't tell u to stop insulting my mother ooo u stupidd foooool.

As for whose mama fine pass, make we do am. Go n get ma mums pics from Facebook n den upload it here alongside ur own mother's picture let nairaland compare.
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 28, 2015
SUBWAY101:
[s][/s]

I can only compare your foolish mother with a monkey, and I can bet the monkey will beat her hands down. That ugly thing is not fit to live among humans, una dey try ooooo.

Can u please upload my mother's pics n stop all these ugly ranting
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by SUBWAY101(m): 9:16am On Sep 28, 2015
chuna1985:

Can u please upload my mother's pics n stop all these ugly ranting

Accursed fool, stop splashing me spit. I do when I want, you cant dictate for me. Will tag you when its time, just cool down.
Re: Secession Not In Igbo’s Interest, Ohanaeze Tells MASSOB by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 28, 2015
How come Yorubas Jubilate at any slightest news that IGBOS should not leave Nigeria..... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, so they prefer Igbos continue colonizing their land... grin grin grin There must be something special about Igbos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Zamfara Man Saw In Remi Tinubu Five Days Ago / International Observers To Monitor IPOB Leader Kanu’s Court Session / I Noticed Efcc Has Sealed This Popular Building In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.