Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay (55061 Views)

Is Buhari Nigeria’s Last President? - By Fredrick Nwabufo (The Cable) / Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria / Saraki, Dogara’s Emergence May Alter Buhari’s Cabinet List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by DorisK(f): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2015
So now where's the list
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
Am I the only one having this feeling that Amaechi will make the list?
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
adedayourt:
THE WAILERS GONNA B SHAPENING DER TEETH grin
NOISE MAKERS GONNA B GIVEN NIJA EXCUSE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by Tobium1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
Wailers can wail, cos de noise makers list will shock dem to dia marrows tongue
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by nortcentrallord(m): 4:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
mars123:
If the world was a fair one, GEJ is supposed to be PMB's go to guy, not OBJ...my opinion.

Obj the senile spy of the western world. I pity buhari, He better shield his balls well if not obj will squeeze them and he will 'v to do obj's bidding according to the script handed over to him from US.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by nortcentrallord(m): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2015
Bevista:
And where was it written that he intends to force the NA to approve the list? He said the list will be ready by September 30. It's up to the NA to decide when they screen and approve the ministers to start working.

Isn't that the reason Saraki's balls are being squeezed so he will let the list pass through for his freedom from Ccb tribunal?
Only a few can see the big picture. Politics is dirty but sweet.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by KingTom(m): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2015
viktagorion:
Good thoughts. Besides Obj's experience in government is priceless. He's seen it ALL.
exactly
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by yemmynoni: 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2015
rman:
Just to act as if they kept to their words....why wait till the last day of the month?
I was even thinking you will say d last day of the year
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by redgem(f): 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
onatisi:
get your shock absorbers ready and be ready for a denial or refutal.

Lol..... Let's trust him this time and see how it goes
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by cigwegbe(m): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
preciousMI1:
ITS MY BIRTHDAY NAIRALANDERS
WISH ME WELL AND ALSO PRAY FOR ME TO HAVE A SAFE DELIVERY....

Happy Birthday! I wish you safe delivery, receive grace to deliver like the Hebrew women in Jesus Name. Amen

1 Like

Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by preciousMI1(f): 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
cigwegbe:

Happy Birthday! I wish you safe delivery, receive grace to deliver like the Hebrew women in Jesus Name. Amen

Amen.... Thanks
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by vigasimple(m): 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
He can wait until 11.59pm on 30th of September, so that we can see that he knows how to beat deadline!

And we will lists of nominees of NOISE MAKERS send to Senate which can take up to Christmas.

The man is a dictator and he is used to sole administration. Leopard can never change it's spot.

CHANGE backwards is what APC ASSOCIATION OF PACKAGING CRIMINALS are offering. No idea in governing.

Every decision of Buhari so far is ultra vires and will be nullified in court of law if challenged.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by saladin24(m): 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
I have watched and read with great dismay,the way some people who claim to be Igbos abuse and criticize everything that has to do with President Muhammadu Buhari here on Nairaland and elsewhere. I want Nairalanders to know that the majority of Igbos mostly the poor and the downtrodden and the masses are great admirers and followers of Buhari's change agenda. Do not be deceived by what you see or hear on Nairaland. We Igbos need change urgently. Most Igbo PDP politicians are very greedy,wicked, and sinister and we look forward to the day we will waste them and their families,including fake Igbos here on nairaland. I am a proud Igbo son and I strongly believe that President Buhari will take Nigeria to greater heights,God willing. Ndi Igbo ka anyi kwadoonu Buhari, Oga adili anyi na mma. Ndi Anambra nwem,Ekeneeeee M Unu!
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by Sunnydove2007: 4:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
centvin008:
Odigie-Oyegun: we’re confident Senate will speedily approve nominees     

President under pressure to relax criteria on ministers’ appointment

By Nduka Nwosu in New York, Iyobosa Uwugiaren and Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja

The much-awaited list of President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministerial nominees will be released on Wednesday, the last day of the month. Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, disclosed this yesterday in New York. Adesina described Buhari as a man of his word, saying Nigerians would not be disappointed as September, the date given for the announcement of members of his cabinet, remains sacrosanct.

With just three days to the end of September, the month Buhari promised to send the list of his ministerial nominees to the Senate for approval, his senior special assistant on media and publicity, Mr. Garuba Shehu, had earlier assured that the president will keep his promise. Shehu gave the assurance yesterday.

This was as Buhari’s party, All Progressives Congress, expressed its confidence that the president would not disappointment the citizens with regard to the appointment of ministers and governance, generally. APC National Chairman John Odigie-Oyegun told THISDAY yesterday by telephone that Buhari meant well for the country and he will do everything humanly possible to ensure good governance.
THISDAY also learnt that the president was under intense pressure to relax his tough standards for qualifying persons for positions in his planned cabinet to avoid alienating many members of his party.
Shehu said, “The president had said it twice that he would submit his ministerial list to the National Assembly in September. As you can see, that position has not changed.”

The presidential aide, who spoke from New York where Buhari was attending the summit of the United Nations General Assembly, advised Nigerians to wait till the end of September.
Odigie-oyegun also urged Nigerians to continue to support the APC administration, saying the party would not shirk its responsibility to the people.

On APC’s position on the release of the ministerial nominees’ names this month, Odigie-Oyegun said, “There is no cause for alarm. We are confident the president will keep his promise. He will not disappoint Nigerians on his pledge to provide good governance for the enhancement of the nation.”

The national chairman also assured on the readiness of the party to galvanise support for the speedy approval of the ministerial list when it is presented to the National Assembly. He said the APC members in the National Assembly were already aware of the need to cooperate to ensure that nothing delayed the roll out of the administration.
The delay by the president in the release of the ministerial list has been attributed to a “suffocating pressure” from some powerful political forces requesting him to shift his ground, especially, in relation to the appointment of persons who, though accused of corruption, have not been convicted in court.

Buhari has consistently said he would not appoint people with questionable character as ministers.
But this well-intended stand of the president has been exploited by political opponents of whoever is believed to be on the cabinet list, as all sort of petitions sometimes containing spurious allegations have been written against likely nominees.
An insider told THISDAY yesterday that the president was still battling to resolve “this moral question.”

The source said, “President Muhammadu Buhari has consistently told us that he would not appoint corrupt and people with questionable characters as members of his cabinet. But in the last few weeks, he has come under suffocating pressure to shift his ground.
“The argument of many people is that the president would side-line his party, the All Progressives Congress, if he maintains his ground to appoint only clean people. This is what has caused the delay and this is the moral question he is currently battling to resolve.”

THISDAY exclusively reported yesterday that as preparation for the submission of the ministerial list to the Senate by Buhari heated up, former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Buhari met on Friday at the United Nations Plaza in downtown Manhattan, New York City. Their meeting, which was held at the 37th floor of the plaza behind closed doors, came on the heels of speculations that the ministerial nominees would be announced soon. It was widely rumoured that the discussion of the two men centred on the appointment of ministers in the Buhari government.
A source familiar with the meeting told THISDAY, “The leaders decided to hold the meeting to discuss key national issues, crucial also is the ministerial list.”

The meeting came amid allegations of infighting and differences between Obasanjo and APC national leader and former Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, over the nomination of ministers.
THISDAY learnt that at the UN General Assembly meeting, there were several lobbyists wanting to court Buhari’s attention ahead of the ministerial appointments.

Till then.......

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/president-buhari-s-cabinet-list-out-wednesday/221282/#.VgeU8MY_cqw.facebook
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by 989900: 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
@WWs: I beg fast well o . . . food go soon land.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by DeKollins(m): 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
This appointments are long overdue and the list to me should be released, nay sent the National assembly tomorrow.
This would reduce the overbearing influence of some corrupt and powerful politician on the outcome of this exercise.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
sdindan:
We are waiting for the noise makers

hmmm it is well
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by engrjacuzzi: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
just watch and see come Wednesday that introvert will be the first to comment on that.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by abimic(m): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
The list was long overdue, hence the need for it to have being long released since September 1st. Meanwhile, against the backdrop of PMB assertion that he would appoint ministers this month, he backtracked only to say announcing even though as sound student, I know announcement isn't same with appointing as there are channels to follow. Senate would surely delay the confirmation to within another month or 20days at most, which means PMB would still function in a better part of October without ministers. I just wonder whether saints would be those to make the list that September 1st or mid September would have being wrong to release it that he would have to wait till the last day of September in a bid to fulfill all righteousness and also claim, I'm a man of my word!. With the acrimony on the floor of the Senate, we only can hope it enjoys speedy confirmation. Waiting till the last day of September, the president goofed! Only painful that, he chooses to do what he wants to do and his party hardly have a say in his decisions. I'm a staunch believer in PMB and he can't always be right.

1 Like

Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by lekan29ice(m): 5:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
Sai Baba
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by UbiIsaac(m): 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
Too shameful on APC their Oga almost could not deliver. He managed to keep d promise.

This were the shoes GEJ wore and u thought they are tea and bread now you gave it to who u think worth it, but he can't walk nor work with it.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by poseidon12: 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
I think we should be fed up by now with this Buhari's list of ministers. There is no reason in the world why the list of ministers should be secret. This is 2015 and not 1984. And ministers should have been all appointed by now.
The government needs to be totally transparent in its dealings.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by billyG(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
jabbok:
Almajiri mentality at work. APC has made appointment of minister abi noisemakers an achievement. You will see, they will congratulate Buhari once the list comes out.
If no be achievement then why metuh,pdp & d wailers dey wail since make he appoint ministers na!we no go gree.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by wiseoneking: 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
mars123:
If the world was a fair one, GEJ is supposed to be PMB's go to guy, not OBJ...my opinion.
I disagree 100% obj is good to go because he is the only one that knows the secret deals of buhari since 1978 as petro minister and ptf stuff. He knows his secrets that me and you do not know.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by billyG(m): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
vigasimple:

He can wait until 11.59pm on 30th of September, so that we can see that he knows how to beat deadline!

And we will lists of nominees of NOISE MAKERS send to Senate which can take up to Christmas.

The man is a dictator and he is used to sole administration. Leopard can never change it's spot.

CHANGE backwards is what APC ASSOCIATION OF PACKAGING CRIMINALS are offering. No idea in governing.

Every decision of Buhari so far is ultra vires and will be nullified in court of law if challenged.
We loves him as a diktator than a weakling,if yur father is a weakling it will reflect in yur bad upbringing.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by eprynce(m): 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
KingTom:

He has known obj for more than 40 years, was his boy, served in his cabinet, contested against him and finally won his support. If you were the one honestly who would you turn to...

I think OBJ is the one currying PMB's favour here....trying to be relevant yet!
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by deb(m): 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
laurel03:
Soon now one region go start complaining again....

Lol. As if they wanted this government in the first place
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by Tekzyflex(m): 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
I will be so disappointed if I see or hear that mallam Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi is a minister.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by aksule(m): 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ordinarily what could have been a routine appointment has now been upgraded to the point where by it's even an achievement in the face of governance. Either we the governed grow up or the goverance grow up. Is this the change we are clamoring for. Change indeed.
Re: At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
Excuses here and there. If Buhari is a saint as they claim, why falling under pressure that will make him to compromise. he is the president of Nigeria not of APC. he should appoint people of good character. intense pressure indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Rumokwuta Bridge In Rivers To Be Commissioned By Tinubu / Picture Dont Lie-buhari at 10 Downing Street / Oshiomhole: APC Crisis Deepens As Two Acting National Chairman Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.