Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,002 members, 7,810,788 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. (5399 Views)

The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen / Top 10 Richest Countries In Africa / See The 7 Richest Countries In The World. The List Will Shock You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by MegMich(m): 11:45am On Sep 27, 2015
See the list:

1. Qatar – Richest Country in the World and in Asia

With a population of around 1.9 million and GDP equal to $182 Billion, Qatar is the world’s richest country. It lies in the Persian Gulf and it is a peninsula. It lies in the Middle East and is richest Arab country in the world. Saudi Arabia lies to its south. The economy of this country is entirely dependent on Petroleum as it contributes nearly 85% of export earnings.(Naija where are youu?)
Banking and Tourism are other areas where Qatar generates money. The current GDP of Qatar surpasses all the other countries in the world and is $102,768.69. Thus we can see that the size of the country does not matter when it comes to wealth and that even a small a nation can aspire to be the richest in the world

2. Luxembourg – Richest Country in Europe

Capital City: Luxembourg
Holding the title of the wealthiest country in Europe, Luxembourg is much famous as a tax heaven. Many billionaires from around the globe reside in this country to save themselves from taxes in their homeland. It is the second richest country in the world. With a population of just around half million, it has striking contrast of green pastures of land alongside the industrialized city. It lies in Europe and is headed by a Grand Duke. Banking, Steel Industry and telecommunications contribute heavily to its wealth.

3) Singapore
Capital City: Singapore
Located in Southeast Asia and comprising of 63 islands, Singapore is a fully island country. On this list of top 10 wealthiest nations, it ranks third. It is one of the largest financial centers in the world and along with Taiwan, Hong Kong and South Korea, it forms the Four Asian Tigers. Its population is around 5.5 millions with majority of them practicing Buddhism.

4) Norway
Capital City: Oslo
A country with roughly 5 million people, Norway, coupled with high GDP and comparatively low population, it is one of the richest countries on Earth. Sharing its border with Finland, Sweden and Russia, it is a developed country. The economy of this rich nation depends on oil and natural gas reserves which is found around it.

5) Hong Kong SAR
Another fifth world’s richest nation
Lying on China’s South coast, Hong Kong is the fifth country in this list based on per capita income. It has a high GDP and it is a leading financial destination in the world as well as in Asia. It is a specially administrated region with its own currency but defense services from China.

6) Brunei Darussalam
Capital: Bandar Seri Begawan
Located in Southeast Asia, Brunei generates its revenues from crude oil and natural gas exports. Revenues from petroleum contribute around 90% of its GDP. With a small population of less than half-a-million, Brunei is one of the least densely populated country in the world. Its sultan is one of the richest people in the world.

7) United States of America
Capital: Washington DC
This country needs no introduction. The most powerful country in the world and the most powerful economy in the world, United States (US) leads the globe in science and technology and nearly in every research field which can be thought of. It is the largest exporter of weapons and also other goods and services. This rich country in the world has a GDP of around 15 trillion US Dollars which makes it the richest and biggest economy in the world. It is one of the wealthiest economy on planet Earth. On the American continent, this country is second to none. Thus it is also the richest country in the American continent (North as well as South America). This country is also the largest manufacturer in the world and the leading financial nation.
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by midehi2(f): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2015
shocked
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by chocolateme(f): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2015
I believe Qatar and Nigeria.
Nigeria is the richest because it's my home country.
Quote me and la faint.

1 Like

Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by Dennygirl: 11:55am On Sep 27, 2015
wink
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by Kingtim(m): 11:57am On Sep 27, 2015
This guy above me is dreaming.
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by otukpo(f): 11:57am On Sep 27, 2015
Why is Nigeria not on that list.
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by lokobyforch(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2015
ask me...
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by PRYCE(m): 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
Surprise indeed!
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by buzquet(m): 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
na u do dis ur list ur self

1 Like

Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by resty4(m): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
False, op authenticate yr claim.
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by hajlat(m): 12:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ask Okonjo about Nigeria position or better still America should know

2 Likes

Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
chocolateme:
Quote me and la faint.
I don quote you. let me faint on your boobz...I hope your boobz are soft and large enuff to cushion the effect?
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by chocolateme(f): 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I don quote you. let me faint on your boobz...I hope your boobz are soft and large enuff to cushion the effect?
lol, u no well. Even on Sunday u dey find boobz abi na booze you mean?
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by Oluwasaeon(m): 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
Yeah I know of Brunei
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
Oluwasaeon:
Yeah I know of Brunei
yeah, their sultan is stickly rich
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by strykr: 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
Wow, cool
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by moneybag100: 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
Where is china? I thought it overtakes US as economics giant? Lol
All those luxembourg! Qartar, Norway, singapore only make the list because of low population...luxembourg: 500k, Qartar, 2m, Norway: 5m. Imagin U.S with more than 400m population and its citizen still living more than comfortable, what if it has 5m population like Norway?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by seunny4lif(m): 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
grin grin
chocolateme:
Quote me and la faint.

1 Like

Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by seunny4lif(m): 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
moneybag100:
Where is china? I thought it overtakes US as economics giant? Lol
For newspapers grin cheesy
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by seunny4lif(m): 2:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
Kingtim:
This guy above me is dreaming.
Na lady dey above u.... grin grin
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by wheesin(m): 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
Singapore has been my dream destination... an island is a perfect place to live. Meanwhile Today is my birthday guys..please show me some love.. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by Abayor7: 3:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
chocolateme:
I believe Qatar and Nigeria. Nigeria is the richest because it's my home country. Quote me and la faint.
u believe in Qatar? I dnt get this. Btw, ive qoute u
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by 3coins(m): 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
chocolateme:
Quote me and la faint.
i quoted you and i didnt faint. . . I am very disappointed as i was looking foward to fainting for the first time in my life sad

1 Like

Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by 3coins(m): 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
wheesin:
Singapore has been my dream destination... an island is a perfect place to live. Meanwhile Today is my birthday guys..please show me some love.. grin
happy birthday bro many happy returns. . . Origin for me?

1 Like

Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by CivilzedTyger(m): 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
Am Suprised, Where Is Germany?
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by potolistic(m): 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
chocolateme:
Quote me and la faint.

Ayaf die o
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by fistonati(m): 4:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ds is what copy and paste dey cus, who write d censored list. Qatar richest in d world? ?? What's ur source
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by potolistic(m): 4:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
Where are my lovely dearest countries Iraq, Iran & Syria
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by Ilekeh(f): 4:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
Why is USA in the list?

This looks like another aba made list.

The USA is operating on loans that can feed Nigeria for 20 years.
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by Fash20: 4:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
MegMich:
See the list:

1. Qatar – Richest Country in the World and in Asia

With a population of around 1.9 million and GDP equal to $182 Billion, Qatar is the world’s richest country. It lies in the Persian Gulf and it is a peninsula. It lies in the Middle East and is richest Arab country in the world. Saudi Arabia lies to its south. The economy of this country is entirely dependent on Petroleum as it contributes nearly 85% of export earnings.(Naija where are youu?)
Banking and Tourism are other areas where Qatar generates money. The current GDP of Qatar surpasses all the other countries in the world and is $102,768.69. Thus we can see that the size of the country does not matter when it comes to wealth and that even a small a nation can aspire to be the richest in the world

2. Luxembourg – Richest Country in Europe

Capital City: Luxembourg
Holding the title of the wealthiest country in Europe, Luxembourg is much famous as a tax heaven. Many billionaires from around the globe reside in this country to save themselves from taxes in their homeland. It is the second richest country in the world. With a population of just around half million, it has striking contrast of green pastures of land alongside the industrialized city. It lies in Europe and is headed by a Grand Duke. Banking, Steel Industry and telecommunications contribute heavily to its wealth.

3) Singapore
Capital City: Singapore
Located in Southeast Asia and comprising of 63 islands, Singapore is a fully island country. On this list of top 10 wealthiest nations, it ranks third. It is one of the largest financial centers in the world and along with Taiwan, Hong Kong and South Korea, it forms the Four Asian Tigers. Its population is around 5.5 millions with majority of them practicing Buddhism.

4) Norway
Capital City: Oslo
A country with roughly 5 million people, Norway, coupled with high GDP and comparatively low population, it is one of the richest countries on Earth. Sharing its border with Finland, Sweden and Russia, it is a developed country. The economy of this rich nation depends on oil and natural gas reserves which is found around it.

5) Hong Kong SAR
Another fifth world’s richest nation
Lying on China’s South coast, Hong Kong is the fifth country in this list based on per capita income. It has a high GDP and it is a leading financial destination in the world as well as in Asia. It is a specially administrated region with its own currency but defense services from China.

6) Brunei Darussalam
Capital: Bandar Seri Begawan
Located in Southeast Asia, Brunei generates its revenues from crude oil and natural gas exports. Revenues from petroleum contribute around 90% of its GDP. With a small population of less than half-a-million, Brunei is one of the least densely populated country in the world. Its sultan is one of the richest people in the world.

7) United States of America
Capital: Washington DC
This country needs no introduction. The most powerful country in the world and the most powerful economy in the world, United States (US) leads the globe in science and technology and nearly in every research field which can be thought of. It is the largest exporter of weapons and also other goods and services. This rich country in the world has a GDP of around 15 trillion US Dollars which makes it the richest and biggest economy in the world. It is one of the wealthiest economy on planet Earth. On the American continent, this country is second to none. Thus it is also the richest country in the American continent (North as well as South America). This country is also the largest manufacturer in the world and the leading financial nation.
US is no more the biggest economy in the world. Soo this article is trash. NEXT
Re: 7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
And Nigerians are in all these countries doing great!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eastern Minorities: Biafra Map To Be Redrawn / Nigeria To Sell, Buy Oil Directly, Cut Out Middlemen---washington POST / #FreeEse: Sen. Ben Bruce Blasts IGP For Saying Only Emir Of Kano Can Free Ese..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.