Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,444 members, 7,830,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

The Witch Hunter Or The Thief Hunter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Witch Hunter Or The Thief Hunter (449 Views)

Murray-Bruce: Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Not A Witch-Hunt / Female Hunter In Adamawa Who Fights Boko Haram / The Witch Of Washington Is About To Get Exposed On Her Links To Bokos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Witch Hunter Or The Thief Hunter by oshorlabyC(m): 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
Nigeria is the most complex multi-tribal black nation in the world. You ask me on what basis do I have to make such claim? For 16years, this country has been under the rule of people that say they mean well for the country but are in a condition of “my mind say go, my body say no”. For 16years the country has been in a state of “hancky pancky”, citizens wallowing in abject poverty, millions living below the $1 daily minimum, graduates roaming the street in search of the unavailable jobs, pensioners taking up one ailment or the other due to them suffering from the empty pocket syndrome, the country existing well below its capabilities. Industries shut down, no food for all, schools dilapidated. An average Nigerian wakes up on daily basis not knowing how his daily bread will come by, and after all these Nigerians still suffer and smile, we have very much high endurance limits (I wonder if this so called limit will ever be exceeded). Now you see how complex we are? Because I’m always so baffled whenever I take a look back and see how far we’ve gone on the wrong path.
The country does not have its land as barren, we don’t have all citizens as dullards and no ‘brainy’, neither do we suffer from ‘no-mineral-resources’ ailment, as the sixth largest producer of crude oil in the world, we honestly deserve to be in a better state. We all realize we have a new sheriff in town (in the words of Femi Adeshina), the new sheriff is hell bent (or so it seems) in recovering all stolen and missing funds of the country, and not just recover but to also punish the offenders no matter how high there status is. However so far, after more than a 100days in office and the battle against insurgency in the North-East seems almost won, we shouldn’t forget to realize so soon that some people sometime had named the new sheriff as a cohort of the satanic insurgency, now I think the tune has changed.
The popular word in the media of recent is “Witch-hunting”. I ask myself, do we suddenly have witches in this country? When has perceived corrupt politicians suddenly become witches that someone that meant good for the country by nailing the bad eggs down has become a ‘Witch-hunter’. I wonder if this country will ever come good if all we can think of as the poor populace is to sit, eat our cake and still want to have it. We grudge about we eating from hand to mouth, we complain about our roads being bad, salaries not being paid and lots more and it is still the same we that follow a supposed leader (with false asset declaration charges on him) to the court arena to wail and sing his praise all because of the stipend he dishes out. It’s time we sit down to think through, is it actually ‘Witch Hunting’ or ‘Thief Hunting’, we need to know that this money is for us all and not meant for some group of people to devour, rather than blackmail the anti-graft agencies (that has suddenly woken up from there long slumber and migrate from their toothless domain whether as a result of fear of the new sheriff or because they all of a sudden feel it’s time they flex their constitutional muscle), we should rather be supportive and give them all the needed moral backing, the country will do lots better with a reduced corrupt populace. We can do lots better and be among the league of nations if only we can all come together and push corruption to where it belongs ( just in the dictionary). A nation will definitely not survive morally, economically or politically when few have so much while so many have so little. The future of this great country lies in our hands. God bless Nigeria.

http://pixeon..com

(1) (Reply)

Northern Youths To Saraki: You’ve Lost Moral Rights To Preside Over Senate / Photos- 2 Bloggers "Arrested" For Reportedly Writing Petition Against Lawmaker / Most Powerful Muslim Leaders, Buhari Ranks 50 — Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.