Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,432 members, 7,850,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. - Education (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. (726990 Views)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by CaptEColeJnr: 8:22pm On Aug 15, 2016
blueto:
I am a student of Uniben, when I initially applied for a Hostel, I was given NDDC, and so I paid for the maintenance fee which was 25,000 naira.

they later mutated my hall of residence to Hall 3, and my maintenance fee was refunded via the bank account that I earlier used for remittance. So what about those that earlier remitted via bank accounts that wasn't in their ownership like me, because I remitted with my sister's account?

Uniben refunded all the money back to the bank accounts that was used for transactions. So I think those that paid via another person's account went to retrieve their money from account owners..

So stop that vituperative and conjecture assertion of yours. goofy envisagement.
Whatever!
Let's wait and see
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2016
ImDharay:

#siqhs, ssmh...
kid mind ur business
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
Venus007:
Sometimes I prefer d typical. Esp wen d atypical is nt very understood to all.
Nah. Its fine.
That is for you.

As for me, I avidly engage in semantics.

when ever I am reading and I come across new words, I usually love to know their meanings and apply them in sentences. I think it is an innate disposition of me.

And I don't like to be monotonous in my approaches.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by ImDharay: 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2016
rafa9:
kid mind ur business
Toddler stop beinq stupíd...
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2016
I just dey laugh as I dey read comments.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2016
Blueto are you going to CCCG convention.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2016
KPhantom:
I just dey laugh as I dey read comments.
the thread is now becoming lively unlike before.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by ImDharay: 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2016
You just can't compare that NDDC issue
with this one. its clearly different, so so different
buh like i said, lets wait & see....
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
Venus007:
New.
welcome to medical school
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
AIRTEL:
Blue to are you going to CCCG convention.
we are on holiday now so I believe Yes will be an answer smiley
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Geofavor(m): 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2016
blueto:
That is for you.

As for me, I avidly engage in semantics.

when ever I am reading and I come across new words, I usually love to know their meanings and apply them in sentences. I think it is an innate disposition of me.

And I don't like to be monotonous in my approaches.
Guy, I'm sure you're not as fervent as I am when it comes to lexicon in the English language. A whole lot of people here too probably have a ginormous vocab. But it is only maladroit conversationalists that bombard their chat partners with obscure and formal words, especially in an informal setting such as this thread.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2016
blueto:
we are on holiday now so I believe Yes will be an answer smiley
unfortunately for me, won't be coming but will be around during the youth convention.
You attend c3f in school ?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2016
Geofavor:
Guy, I'm sure you're not as fervent as I am when it comes to lexicon in the English language. A whole lot of people here too probably have a ginormous vocab. But it is only maladroit conversationalists that bombard their chat partners with obscure and formal words, especially in an informal setting such as this thread.
You are trying to impress. But sincerely speaking, those words are mundane to me. Except the bolded one. I used my dictionary to check for the meaning and I couldn't find it, until I used google.

I wish I could meet you physically so that you will be speaking all the ‘grammar’ and I will be telling you their meanings without a dictionary, Just like I did to a guy in our hostel during a grammar contest smiley.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
AIRTEL:
unfortunately for me, won't be coming but will be around during the youth convention.
You attend c3f in school ?
I don't think I may be participating in the youth convention because we ought to be resuming before then.

Yes, but I wasn't very active last session, seems there are some traits that I need to jettison.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by harlehleh(f): 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
Pls oh...what is the latest news oh...hearing a lot of things..dont know which one to believe sef...someone pls give me correct info undecided
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by SirDavico(m): 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2016
Geofavor:

That's veracious, Geo. His grandiloquence is qite puerile sad
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2016
harlehleh:
Pls oh...what is the latest news oh...hearing a lot of things..dont know which one to believe sef...someone pls give me correct info undecided
what did you hear ?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by SirDavico(m): 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2016
blueto:
You are trying to impress. But sincerely speaking, those words are mundane to me. Except the bolded one. I used my dictionary to check for the meaning and I couldn't find it, until I used google.

I wish I could meet you physically so that you will be speaking all the ‘grammar’ and I will be telling you their meanings without a dictionary, Just like I did to a guy in our hostel during a grammar contest smiley.

which course are u studying?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by IamLukas(m): 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2016
Isaac,U like to show off alot!
Even on nairaland,U just dey represent yourselftonguecry
blueto:

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by RobinHez(m): 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2016
Everybody chillax! cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by RobinHez(m): 10:30pm On Aug 15, 2016
So it is big big grammar that is raining now? OK... "sad"

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
RobinHez:
Everybody chillax! cheesy
I dey always like your style

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by LawLord001: 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
blueto:
can you please substantiate that bolded statement with highlighting my “incorrect english” and also providing corrections? please, I love to learn.
A simple advice was giving to you and you are here asking for useless highlights! Continue. undecided
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Geofavor(m): 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2016
blueto:
bruh, I'm not trying to impress. Impress who?

I sincerely told you what I thought with the most suitable words, because I believed you would be acquainted with them since you use obscure words a lot. I probably wouldn't use all those words together in one post if I were chatting up someone else.

I also use big words, of course. But in an informal setting as this, I use them sparingly. You have to consider your chat partner when conversing: is he/she as versed (or more versed) in lexis as you?

Bombarding all your chat mates with rare words will make you come off as pompous.

By the way, I don't know the dictionary you use, but ginormous is in my dictionary. So, it isn't as rare as you make it seem. I'm sorry you had to consult google for its meaning. Well, at least now you know the stress you put your chat mates through when you use those words repeatedly. grin

I'd like to meet you too. I get that you like learning new words and you like practicalising with them. But it shouldn't be at the expense of your listeners. I doubt you talk like this in reality, though.

I also love words, even more than you do. You wait till you see new words when you read, I don't. I purposely consult my word bank every day.
I sleep and wake up with my dico. Sometimes, I replace my pillow with it just to make the words slip into my mind.

Even after all these, I still chat using mostly common words.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by LawLord001: 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
blueto:

Please someone should advice this guy to stop disgracing UNIBEN on this forum with his wrong usage of high sounding words. How I wish he even knows how wrongly he is applying those words! Even me wey be law student sef neva blow grammar na cum u wey never even go anywhere for uniben dey form gramma! I just dey shame for u! Yeye cheesy

*Modified*
If you go dey write all this kind useless grammar for uniben exam ehn, you go probate ten times before you leave uniben! You beta be serious undecided
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Toluwani113: 11:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
2016 IS OUR YEAR IN THE NAME OF ALMIGHTY GOD! (Amen)
If you want to get latest admission updates from UNIBEN, just Quote me and drop your e-mail address below.
Just check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
That's all

I wish everyone here best of luck
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Venus007(f): 11:40pm On Aug 15, 2016
rafa9:
welcome to medical school
Thank you. Wah level?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by LawLord001: 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
Geofavor:
bruh, I'm not trying to impress. Impress who?

I sincerely told you what I thought with the most suitable words, because I believed you would be acquainted with them since you use obscure words a lot. I probably wouldn't use all those words together in one post if I were chatting up someone else.

I also use big words, of course. But in an informal setting as this, I use them sparingly. You have to consider your chat partner when conversing: is he/she as versed (or more versed) in lexis as you?

Bombarding all your chat mates with rare words will make you come off as pompous.

By the way, I don't know the dictionary you use, but ginormous is in my dictionary. So, it isn't as rare as you make it seem. I'm sorry you had to consult google for its meaning. Well, at least now you know the stress you put your chat mates through when you use those words repeatedly. grin

I'd like to meet you too. I get that you like learning new words and you like practicalising with them. But it shouldn't be at the expense of your listeners. I doubt you talk like this in reality, though.

I also love words, even more than you do. You wait till you see new words when you read, I don't. I purposely consult my word bank every day.
I sleep and wake up with my dico. Sometimes, I replace my pillow with it just to make the words slip into my mind.

Even after all these, I still chat using mostly common words.
Please stop this!! That guy is only versed in nonsense and not the use of english! So you mean that you cannot spot his wrongful application of those words?? I just hope you guys are not the same?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Geofavor(m): 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
SirDavico:

That's veracious, Geo. His grandiloquence is qite puerile sad
Lolol. issorait.. so, you too wan start your own abi? God know sey if i start my own, una go beg me tire, I no go stop. grin

why not just say "that's TRUE, Geo. His EXCESS USE OF RARE WORDS Is quite CHILDISH?" grin
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 16, 2016
Venus007:
Thank you. Wah level?
mb class(old 300l)
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Geofavor(m): 12:01am On Aug 16, 2016
LawLord001:

Please stop this!! That guy is only versed in nonsense and not the use of english! So you mean that you cannot spot his wrongful application of those words?? I just hope you guys are not the same?
Lololololol.

Relax, man. I'm not trying to judge anybody's diction here. I'm not a grammarian or grammar police. I'm just an enthusiast of the language. So, whether he erroneously uses those words or not is not my biz. What I'm concerned about is how he doesn't consider the person he's chatting with.

@ your question. Feel free to peruse through my posts and see for yourself. smiley
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Venus007(f): 12:02am On Aug 16, 2016
rafa9:
mb class(old 300l)
Lol. Wat are u doing online? Ur MB is near oh. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (379) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.