Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. - Education (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. (724583 Views)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by mhizmercinda(f): 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
Pprovost:
I saw this questions in Uniben past question and I feel like sharing it here. I will appreciate anyone that can explain his/her options/answers.

1. The clergy________ everyday for the success of the present government. (a) are praying (b) is praying (c) Pray (d) prays

2. Many a secondary school student_________afraid of English language examination nowadays. (a) are (b) is (c) was (d) were

3. The man with his three wives and seventeen children___________just travelled abroad (a) is (b) are (c) has (d) have

4. The lecturer does not_________ his real age (a) seem (b) look (c) appear (d) resemble

5. I______________ your father to stop going out with politicians, then I changed my mind. (a) had told (b) have told (c) was going to tell (d) have being telling

Lemme stop here for now!

Scholars, over to you cool
c,a,c,b,c.am expecting shine shine o
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by IamLukas(m): 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
The general paper is Ur 3 core subjects so U dnt have to worry abt Biology.
Medicine students stopped doing maths at 2013.
Geofavor:
Greetings guys. I'm a bit confused here. Why are you medicine/medicine-related-course students worrying about maths calculations? I thought you didn't take maths in jamb and the same will be done during post-utme?

What's this talk about general paper i'm seeing How general is it: which subjects constitute it?

Cc kphantom, Iamlukas, victorirrwa etc.

P.s. It's been almost more than 2 years since I read biology. embarassed
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by IamLukas(m): 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
CBCBC
Pprovost:
I saw this questions in Uniben past question and I feel like sharing it here. I will appreciate anyone that can explain his/her options/answers.

1. The clergy________ everyday for the success of the present government. (a) are praying (b) is praying (c) Pray (d) prays

2. Many a secondary school student_________afraid of English language examination nowadays. (a) are (b) is (c) was (d) were

3. The man with his three wives and seventeen children___________just travelled abroad (a) is (b) are (c) has (d) have

4. The lecturer does not_________ his real age (a) seem (b) look (c) appear (d) resemble

5. I______________ your father to stop going out with politicians, then I changed my mind. (a) had told (b) have told (c) was going to tell (d) have being telling

Lemme stop here for now!

Scholars, over to you cool
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by IamLukas(m): 9:30pm On Apr 09, 2016
Thank U Sir.
I just saw it
KPhantom:

check again sir, im sure it didn't go through becos google disabled my gmail, so i used my other acct..
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
IamLukas:
Thank U Sir. I just saw it
all right boss...
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
victorirowa1:
y do u tink number 4 is b?@@@@@@the answer is A
Hmm.. Maybe cos i hear ppl always say "hey u're looking 16" thats why i thought maybe "look should go with age" lol

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 10, 2016
Profmaojo:
Hi i hve someone going for law in uniben...scored 217 in jamb, any hope of admission into law

Yeah, there is but he has to score above 75% in putme.

Cheers! smiley
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Rexyblaze: 1:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
Geofavor:

haha. Don't worry, we will all triumph together. smiley
Bro how are you preparing for Post Utme
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Filblen(m): 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
No go read...Make una dy wait 4 quick way.... Uniben english fit change person destiny grin
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
KPhantom:

1 C. (Clergy is like a collective noun which is plural but it doesn't take 's' at the end, so it will attract a plural verb "pray"wink
2 B (many a.... will always attract a singular verb)
3 C (This is a parenthetic sentence, hence We r only interested in the first subject (the man) which is singular, and will attract a singular verb.
4 B
5 C ( a reported speech)
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
KPhantom:

1 C. (Clergy is like a collective noun which is plural but it doesn't take 's' at the end, so it will attract a plural verb "pray"wink
2 B (many a.... will always attract a singular verb)
3 C (This is a parenthetic sentence, hence We r only interested in the first subject (the man) which is singular, and will attract a singular verb.
4 B
5 C ( a reported speech)

Lol... bros you got everything o (according to the solution I have here)
BUT

why can't number 1, 4 and 5 be A, A, A ??

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
victorirowa1:
c,b,c,a,c.........Whats my score

4/5 according to the solution I have here cool
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
mhizmercinda:
c,a,c,b,c.am expecting shine shine o

4/5 cool

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2016
IamLukas:
CBCBC
5/5 hmmm... Boss! cool
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Geofavor(m): 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
Rexyblaze:
Bro how are you preparing for Post Utme
currently, I'm jacking and refreshing with a few questions.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by emrys995: 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
I scored 205 in jamb and chose unilag as my first choice but later I discovered they require further maths for my course which is computer science. Now I want to change to uniben .Please wat r my chances of getting admission.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by IamLukas(m): 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
It all lies in Ur perfomance in the the post utme!
emrys995:
I scored 205 in jamb and chose unilag as my first choice but later I discovered they require further maths for my course which is computer science. Now I want to change to uniben .Please wat r my chances of getting admission.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2016
i just need questions@putme questions to know how ready i am now oooo embarassed embarassed....mostly dix eng wahala
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 11:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
Guys, pls i need ur help on how to effectively study with past questions? In my jamb i barely used PQ for phy and chem, learnt my lessons, and one thing i also noticed in my jamb is, that.. It was one thing to recognize that the questions they set were frm my past question, and it was another thing to remember the answers to the questions. who encountered this? So guys, hw r u getting the best frm ur Past Question?
Pls someone should endorse/discard this method.
Read the phy text once, close it, then go to each yr of the PQ and search for ONLY the phy questions, answering them in the process. The ones that r difficut, note them, go back to d textbook, locate the topic and read it again, then go back to answer it.. eg (go to 2005, search for all d phy questions and answer them, then repeat for 2006-2014, taking into cognizance the difficult questions.)
cc
Iamlukas
Geofavour
victorirowa1
et all..
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
victorirowa1:
i just need questions@putme questions to know how ready i am now oooo embarassed embarassed....mostly dix eng wahala
coming soon..
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by IamLukas(m): 6:31am On Apr 11, 2016
I dnt think there's any clear-cut method on how to study with past questions.
The method I adopted in Jamb was this...
I made sure that I cover at least one year daily in subjects that I find fascinating(Biology and Chemistry)mind U I was still studying my texts.
I had to wait till I finish my Physics text before I was bold enough to open the pq to avoid heartbreak!
KPhantom:
Guys, pls i need ur help on how to effectively study with past questions? In my jamb i barely used PQ for phy and chem, learnt my lessons, and one thing i also noticed in my jamb is, that.. It was one thing to recognize that the questions they set were frm my past question, and it was another thing to remember the answers to the questions. who encountered this? So guys, hw r u getting the best frm ur Past Question?
Read the phy text once, close it, then go to each yr of the PQ and search for ONLY the phy questions, answering them in the process. The ones that r difficut, note them, go back to d textbook, locate the topic and read it again, then go back to answer it.. eg (go to 2005, search for all d phy questions and answer them, then repeat for 2006-2014, taking into cognizance the difficult questions.)
cc
Iamlukas
Geofavour
victorirowa1
et all..

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 11, 2016
KPhantom:
cc
Iamlukas
Geofavour
victorirowa1
et all..
to me!!!!i read all my txb books like 2times except ny english.....after finishing d text books,i started using past question.......it was when i used past question i realised that the topics i thought were unimportant were d one's dat comes out... so i started practising with past questions.....d main point is that u shuld use both past questions and text books....balance d both of dem..cux dey might ask new question dats not in past question..dNOW I FEEL RELAXED...@MAYB BCUX I DNT KNO HOW HARD PUTME QUESTIONS ARE!!!!I ADVICE U STUDY UR PAST QUESTIONS EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AND USE D REST DAYS FOR TEXT BOOKSSSS!!"!"!!BCUX I HAVE MY OWN TIME TABLE
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 11, 2016
Filblen:
No go read...Make una dy wait 4 quick way.... Uniben english fit change person destiny grin
hmmm guy if short cut dae favour other pipo,i advise u try am oooo..no body like suffer head oooo

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 11, 2016
IamLukas:
I made sure that I cover at least one year daily in subjects that I find fascinating(Biology and Chemistry)mind U I was still studying my texts.
I had to wait till I finish my Physics text before I was bold enough to open the pq to avoid heartbreak!
if u check physics jamb 1997----2000,,u will b afraid as if tumorow is end time...but dose pipo then are very intelligent...i respect them oooo.....bcux dose questions are verryyy hard oooo......has anybdy observed d same in physics in particular!!!!
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 9:47am On Apr 11, 2016
IamLukas:
Thanks boss. #Noted.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by IamLukas(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2016
U r the Boss here now. I am just following Ur lead.
Buh U just have to look for what works best for U.
KPhantom:

Thanks boss. #Noted.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by KPhantom(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2016
victorirowa1:
to me!!!!i read all my txb books like 2times except ny english.....after finishing d text books,i started using past question.......it was when i used past question i realised that the topics i thought were unimportant were d one's dat comes out... so i started practising with past questions.....d main point is that u shuld use both past questions and text books....balance d both of dem..cux dey might ask new question dats not in past question..dNOW I FEEL RELAXED...@MAYB BCUX I DNT KNO HOW HARD PUTME QUESTIONS ARE!!!!I ADVICE U STUDY UR PAST QUESTIONS EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AND USE D REST DAYS FOR TEXT BOOKSSSS!!"!"!!BCUX I HAVE MY OWN TIME TABLE
Thanks, Duly noted. btw, P-ume questions r more difficult. Especially when the university are out to set NEW questions entrirely..
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
KPhantom:

Thanks, Duly noted. btw, P-ume questions r more difficult. Especially when the university are out to set NEW questions entrirely..
i just saw putme questions,dey r just like jamb question
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
Please I need your help.. am a Chemical Engineering aspirant in uniben.. I registered my JAMB using my NECO result.. and now my WAEC GCE result is out .. can I use the GCE for post ume registration? ? because I have better grades there! ..
Secondly, will I need Biology for engineering?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by mcjeezy(m): 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
Pls wch of biology,chemistry and english textbooks do u recommend I read for post ume? I could use a help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (379) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.