Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. - Education (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. (725004 Views)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Ksslib(m): 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
kiarra:

doesn't irk me, just felt obligated to tell you.
no need to try and use me to score points, I'm not here to exchange words or argue with you. just an advise, learn to stop dragging issues and learn to express yourself without typing like you have to say every thought that comes to your head.
you may think it's cool now, but it's not. when a woman nags it's tolerable, when a guy does the same it's irritating and not manly. call it stereotype, I've said my piece. do have a nice day
If it does not irk you, then why did you even bother to quote me in the first place? Sorry, but you're not making any sense. It doesn't irk you, but you went ahead to say it's irritating. That statement makes sense to you? Do you even know another word for irk is irritate?

Nigerians like using words anyhow because it sounds cool. Do you know what nag means? Hey everyone! Whenever someone quotes you out of context, do not reply, because it's nagging according to madam.

Who is trying to score cheap points here? I, or the one who is getting hypertensive because others choose to express themselves how they deem fit.

You come across as a simple minded person, quick to judge people, and dish out unflattering stereotypes, which is why perhaps I should educate you a little. First, nagging is intolerable even when a woman does it. Second, learn to scroll past irrelevant posts like mine, it will save you alot of time. Third, stop blaming your laziness to read on others and learn to mind your business.

Lastly, I am an aspiring writer whose dream is to be able to one-day paint vivid imaginations with words, so I will keep writing every thought that comes to my head whether you like it or not. If another person's way of expression bothers you that much, then i am sorry to break the news to you, you are a very bitter person in dire need of help. And i recommend hitting your head on a very strong wall atleast twenty times a day as a sign of protest.

A nagging woman though bad as it may seem, is 100 times better than a bitter soul. You too, have a nice day

6 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Emodeee: 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
RobinHez:
Dude! Longest time... grin

yeahcheesy. hope uniben is treating you well? What course are you studying sef?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Emodeee: 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2016
dharay88:

...Yeeeeeeeeeey! βαβα for the Girls,
I humbly greet you, You find your girls come
for this year again ni...

you nvr changecheesy. You are Still dat funny guy. Hope you are enjoying uniben? What course are you studying?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by amulet: 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
I'm very versatile when it comes to music.. I listen to rap, RnB,juju,Pop etc.. So long it's good music. Not leaving out my favorite —GOSPEL
guess we have the same favorite genre of music #Gospel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by RobinHez(m): 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
Emodeee:

yeahcheesy. hope uniben is treating you well? What course are you studying sef?
Uniben never loved anybody o...

Structural engineering.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Jackossky(m): 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
coughs....life is a bitch
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by RoyalTilz(m): 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2016
Howdy mates. How is life treating you guys? To all NL aspirants may we all gain admission.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by nosakhareuzzi: 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
Join UNIben what app group by clicking on this link https:///HZ03uW9Cw7xCaoT5Emh2FB
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by nosakhareuzzi: 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
Join UNIben what app groupfor more information by clicking on this link https:///HZ03uW9Cw7xCaoT5Emh2FB
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by raphieMontella: 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ksslib:

If it does not irk you, then why did you even bother to quote me in the first place? Sorry, but you're not making any sense. It doesn't irk you, but you went ahead to say it's irritating. That statement makes sense to you? Do you even know another word for irk is irritate?

Nigerians like using words anyhow because it sounds cool. Do you know what nag means? Hey everyone! Whenever someone quotes you out of context, do not reply, because it's nagging according to madam.

Who is trying to score cheap points here? I, or the one who is getting hypertensive because others choose to express themselves how they deem fit.

You come across as a simple minded person, quick to judge people, and dish out unflattering stereotypes, which is why perhaps I should educate you a little. First, nagging is intolerable even when a woman does it. Second, learn to scroll past irrelevant posts like mine, it will save you alot of time. Third, stop blaming your laziness to read on others and learn to mind your business.

Lastly, I am an aspiring writer whose dream is to be able to one-day paint vivid imaginations with words, so I will keep writing every thought that comes to my head whether you like it or not. If another person's way of expression bothers you that much, then i am sorry to break the news to you, you are a very bitter person in dire need of help. And i recommend hitting your head on a very strong wall atleast twenty times a day as a sign of protest.

A nagging woman though bad as it may seem, is 100 times better than a bitter soul. You too, have a nice day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by nosakhareuzzi: 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2016
Join UNIben what app group by clicking on this link https:///HZ03uW9Cw7xCaoT5Emh2FB
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by nosakhareuzzi: 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2016
Join UNIben what app group by by clicking on this link https:///HZ03uW9Cw7xCaoT5Emh2FB
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by dharay88: 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Emodeee:

you nvr changecheesy. You are Still dat funny guy. Hope you are enjoying uniben? What course are you studying?
...edu/ecostat, uhmm you've
forgotten ur babes or u've repented...
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by SantiRAMBO: 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
Uniben is really annoying me oh,de should do and bring out the criteria for admission nah,why are they frustrating us nah
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
It dates back to the 1999 massacre that took place in Mogadishu hostel in OAU ... That single event reshaped the school till date.

Lol... You called Awolowo hall (capital of OAU) Mogadishu

No let them catch you o cool
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ksslib:

You are right. I constructed the paragraph poorly and it gave it a different meaning. What I was trying to point out is 'management vs the students' syndrome very prevalent in our tertiary institutions, not Cultism. Ife is the safest school in the whole country in that regard. I commend them for that.

Uniben too has seen a decline in such activities which have migrated from the surface to the superficial level, but work still needs to be done to assure students that any form of harassment from these guys will be appropriately dealt with.

Morning too, bro.

True.

But in all, one should learn to be respectful. Especially if you are new somewhere. Age does not matter in this case.
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Iykestix: 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ebayray:

JCole is an American rapper whose tracks are dope!!!!!!!!!! smiley
oh, i was thought he was talking of a football player who once played for chelsea (i think) sef, adunno any rapper called jcole buh i fink iyaff heard the name, though i love rap, but mostly nigerian rap
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Iykestix: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
RobinHez:

Oga na wa 4 u o, why u wan confuse the babe na? Nobody go chant "basement" for you... @harlehleh, what you'll actually hear is "oforlawbasement" that's what you should hop into.. grin
am sorry sir
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ksslib:

Where is it written that guys should not talk(type) to their heart's desire? Is this another baseless stereotype? There are many people making serious cash from talking typing too much. It's a skill, just like anyother thing.

I love expressing myself with my keypad, and if it irks you so much, why not quickly scroll down whenever you see 'ksslib' , to avoid working yourself up? .. Life is that simple.

You will do well to ignore that girl/boy. That's not his/her main account on NL cool
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by CaptEColeJnr: 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
Pprovost:

Lol... You called Awolowo hall (capital of OAU) Mogadishu

No let them catch you o cool
grin .Noted
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by CaptEColeJnr: 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
amulet:
guess we have the same favorite genre of music #Gospel.
smiley Gospel music takes you to another realm.. -HIS presence

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by AngryArmani: 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ebayray:

Dats the same thing you said when we were in 100level.
Smh sad
grin maybe I'll tell you the same next year wink

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by melodie22(f): 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
PLS HOW THOSE WAEC SCRATCH CARD LUK LYK?because D 1 i bought is in paper form
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by dharay88: 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
RobinHez:

Oga na wa 4 u o, why u wan confuse the babe na? Nobody go chant "basement" for you... @harlehleh, what you'll actually hear is "oforlawbasement" that's what you should hop into.. grin
...makes me remember ''lobeley''
outside M.gate...#benin tho

3 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by nosakhareuzzi: 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
Click on this link to join the UNIben aspirant group https:///J3FVfkkUyJTBqv2jua0AjU
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by nosakhareuzzi: 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
Click Click on this link to join the UNIben aspirant group https:///J3FVfkkUyJTBqv2jua0AjU
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Josephamstrong1(m): 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
Pls did Uniben proposed writing screening today?
My gal left for Screening on Monday. said, much crowd dat they cudn't write again...til Monday. plz hw true?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by masterclem1(m): 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ksslib:
Ok then. Perhaps few things need to be clarified.

First, people in a desperate bid to appear saintly will always throw indirect jabs and try to make others look bad because they lack the balls and prowess to address people directly. It's easy to spray random shots hoping one hits the target than aim at it directly. Pathetic, to say the least.

Anyone reading that post for the first time, oblivious of the build-up that led to it will think I put a gun to an innocent aspirant's head and he was trying to help. Very pathetic fellow.

Aspirants, listen and listen carefully.. Make sure you listen carefully and read what I'm about to tell ya'll to the end.

Theory is different from practical. Even some of the best scientific laws that work flawlessly on paper do not in real life, except they are tweaked to suit an ideal real world environment. Do not let any Internet superman decieve you with some false sense of security. The Nigerian police says on paper that bail is free, but we all know the true story. Remember when I said theory is different from practical?

In as much as I am not trying to scare any of you and will never do so even in real life, it's my obligation to tell you nothing but the truth. Uniben, just like the rest schools in this country, is fffuxked up. The management and security will not help you if your tongue or action lands you in BIG trouble. Anybody who tells you otherwise is drunk. Allow me to elaborate.

When i got admission, i had this same false sense of security that guy trying to make me look bad is selling to you guys. The school will always protect me---afterall I am their student, their property. How naive I was. That was when people in their final year, those who have spent a decade after refusing to graduate, those who know the in and out of the system sat me down and advised me like they would to a younger brother.

It didn't take much time before I finally began to understand what they meant. Forget all these report to this body, report to that agency bullshit--- they will only complicate the issue and let you bear your cross while giving you a false sense of security. See, there are guys in this school that will beat you mercilessly in front of the security and nothing will happen... absolutely nothing. The security will only plead with them to leave you. Veterans of this school know what I am talking about. If you find yourself in a situation where a deliberate or unintentional action of yours is putting you on a hot-seat, just swallow your pride and Beg them. Do not form strong head and report, any sensible student knows this. That guy will advice his younger Bro to do same, trust me. I would have advised you to report in an ideal state where everything works, but not in this fffucking country. The law was tailored to suit them in the first place.

There are people in hall 3 that do not apply for hostel space yet it's their permanent space. Mind you, most of them are no longer students technically. The school knows about this, what have they done?

Once the school allocates that space to you, just forget about it. That block is so notorious that there was a time no Potter dared entered there for normal routine check. If you get issue there and you go report, Potters go bring out one small bowl, begin wash their hands off one by one like Pontius Pilate. Inshort, dem dey smoke egbo there like no man business and the school knows about this. I don't need to mention the block, everyone except you aspirant knows there.

Even the SUG pay their dues to these guys. Yes! the beloved SUG that you want to run and cry to respect and fear these guys. There was a time they beat up and bundled one former SUG presido(won't mention his name) into the boot of his own car. They even told him when and when not to ride the Aluta bus. Oh yea! What did the crime unit, army or school do about it?

Even the management is infiltrated to some level. Some lectures belong. Some staffs too, belong. Most of them and the people harrasing you whom you are trying to report all belong to the same clique. Robinhez, shey you remember that black Ubit guy na? Robin, i know you know what I mean.

On School Security: though there are few efficent ones in the System, but when you Compare them to the sheer amount of the useless ones, they immediately become non-existent. During the voting day of the just concluded SUG elections, the security watched on as a guy was being pummelled at medical complex by these guys. What happened? Na im mouth put am for trouble. Kpim the so called security no talk.

Look, I knew Uniben even to an intimate level even before I dreamt to apply here. I could have easily bragged and told you about how the system will always fight for you just to feel special as an undergraduate already schooling in the system, but I just have to tell you guys the reality on ground.

Note: I am not in anyway saying Uniben is not safe, that's far from it. All I want is for you guys to realise that just as the security at the national level is fffuxked up, how the police and even the army will not fight for citizens, how the government doesn't care about you, Uniben is just as fffuxked up as other schools like Unilag, Oau and the rest. This is Nigeria

Students have caught thieves who keep wrecking havoc in various halls of residence more than I can keep count of. Do you know what the Potters usually say when the apprehended thief is brough to them by fuming students for disciplinary action? They smile and say "You again?"... just pause for a moment and ponder on that statement. Well, at the end, they let them go and the management is very aware of this. The same management someone wants you to believe will fight for you.

The problem with some of these students that pop in once in a while to dish out advice that end up making some of us look bad to you guys is the fact that they think they care about you guys more than some of us that have been here eons ago do. That was how one lady pooped in from Mars and tried to make me look bad based on a logical assumption I made, turns out I was right at the end concerning the admission process.

I am realist, I don't mince words. I'll rather show you tough love and tell you the real shiii that happens in the real world than quote you some fancy paper theory that would put you in trouble in the real world. That was why i was pissed at Jackoshit(lol) not because what he said got to me but because he is naive and thinks the school cares about him. Even some of your roommates do not care about you. You are on your own, welcome to the real world.

Just last semester, my roommate was at June 12 at night when a female coursemate of his was almost violated. She only refused to answer and gave attitude when some guys called her. That was her only crime. They took her to a place called 'Dark room', but didn't do anything to her though. She came out crying because they sexually assaulted her mentally. Sometimes, whether you like it or not, trouble will look for you even if you avoid people with unquestionable character. I know it's not fair, but life is a bittch.

A single statement nearly landed me in hot soup at a football field just one month after we resumed. I was on my own but na trouble come look for me that day by imself.

Let's move on from that. A boy on this thread once called me bitter because i was tryna to help. I was shocked when people even liked it..lol . He said i should pray for you guys rather. Look, I will not hesitate to land my younger Bro a dirty slap if i catch him reading the bible when he still has materials to read. I am realist, I know how the real world works and know bullshit when I see one. Robinhez is my very good friend in real life, he knows me. What you need is not prayer. There are people who will never pray to God for admission but will get it because their hardwork will do the talking. There are intricate universal laws governing success and failure I wouldn't wanna bore you with... these laws do not care about your prayer. They care about your pedigree as person. And I will not pray for you, I am not your Pastor. I will only tell you the bitter truth that will guide and help you.

The problem with some of you aspirants is your attitude and ego. Big ego's that need massaging. You are gradually burning bridges and spitting on the faces of the few that want to make things easier for you guys.

Lastly, count yourself lucky and privileged when the list comes out with your name on it. This is because Uniben is a great school I will personally choose over and over again. However, I will also want you to always remember that Nigeria is fffuxked up country and Uniben happens to be Nigeria. Putting this at the back of your mind will help erode any false sense of security that might even end up doing more harm than good,, help you know how to choose your battles wisely in school, and graduate without unnecessary stress like many students across all tertiary institutions have been doing and will continue to do.

Always remember... theory is different from practical.

I would have loved to enlighten you guys more with a series of posts, but the again, someone might just pop up from nowhere and make me look like the sponsor of boko-haram, call the gibberish an advice, while you guys shout-- Amen.

Then I on the other hand, will be forced to assault your eyeballs with an epistle like I just did, maybe even twice as long. We don't want that, do we?

Shalom!

Thanks
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
AngryArmani:
grin maybe I'll tell you the same next year wink

You're just being mean.. embarassed. Yeye boy .

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
dharay88:
...makes me remember ''lobeley'' outside M.gate...#benin tho
ROTFL grin grin grin grin
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by Emodeee: 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
dharay88:

...edu/ecostat, uhmm you've
forgotten ur babes or u've repented...

i remember my babes nacheesy. pukka brought me to that thread that time. Where is she now?
Re: 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. by dharay88: 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
Emodeee:

i remember my babes nacheesy. pukka brought me to that thread that time. Where is she now?
pukka fučked up just disappear jare,
buh your other babes still dey around sha...

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (379) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.