Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,960 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. - Education (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (496484 Views)

2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide / 2016/2017 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Aspirants: Form Is Out / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Bhuumhite(f): 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
To those that score 50 and above,just keep praying the cut-off favours you...
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by thecheerleader: 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
even if they are grading the reasonable grading should be
A1- 6
B2- 5
B3-4
C4,C5,C6- 3
D7-2
E8- 1
F9-0

THEN if it's this way at least the average requirements and all will still be the same as how it was when we were filing jamb form. ( I. e minimum of credit pass which will be 3*5/30 = 0.5 * 50 =25 and minimum of 200 in jamb which will be 200/8 =25 when summed up it will give you the average that is 50/100 at least. which makes it 50:50 ratio )

what ratio is this new method now ehn? they just scattered everything in the last minute, I expected more reasonable decision from ui not this.

This is really bais and even more bias because they are doing it at the last minute. The scraping of putme was to make screening a 50:50 and not just any ratio.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by samuelizz(m): 1:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
bankycee:
Na so Bro.. after all my sweat.. sha God take over which course??

Mechanical Engineering Sir... what about you?
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by samuelizz(m): 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
thecheerleader:
even if they are grading the reasonable grading should be
A1- 6
B2- 5
B3-4
C4,C5,C6- 3
D7-2
E8- 1
F9-0

THEN if it's this way at least the average requirements and all will still be the same as how it was when we were filing jamb form. ( I. e minimum of credit pass which will be 3*5/30 = 0.5 * 50 =25 and minimum of 200 in jamb which will be 200/8 =25 when summed up it will give you the average that is 50/100 at least. which makes it 50:50 ratio )

what ratio is this new method now ehn? they just scattered everything in the last minute, I expected more reasonable decision from ui not this.

This is really bais and even more bias because they are doing it at the last minute. The scraping of putme was to make screening a 50:50 and not just any ratio.

UI used that method just to reduce competition.... If they were to grade it the way you suggested... The cut off marks will be damn high. The best way is to just bring back Post Utme.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by fflamingo(m): 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
some people with wrong subject combinations completed the registration. ui completely state that biology is essential for psychology. yet those who did not include biology were graded.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by augster(m): 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
samuelizz:

Oga JD, you dey here grin
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Annibiteye: 2:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
LagunJay:

Its writing "invalid login"
same as my daughter's, can't log in, displaying invalid login
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by seunlayi(m): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
thecheerleader:
I want to say this and I really want it to go as far as it can go.

I have been watching and waiting silently for all mode and all decisions to be made.

This is not about Nigeria being corrupt or Nigerian being this.

I don't really know what it is about maybe letting you know will help me find out.

when we were filing in for jamb or better still if one is filling for a university via jamb the requirements are always clearly stated, one must have minimum of 200 in jamb to gain admission and minimum of a credit pass ( which is C no specification either C4 or C5 or C6). it is a normal regular and unbais practice considered for admissions into any university in Nigeria. If you have the requirements I stated you will write post utme and that is where the final decision will be made (either you're admitted or not)

when putme was scraped the requirements were not tempered with.

we waited patiently

and now for screening, they started giving grades category.

Did this people think about what will happen to people who had minimum of 200 and credit pass in all relevant subject.

cos someone with 200 and C6 will not make it to the university this year.

it is really unfair of the government and the school.
really really unfair.

After Having all they asked for they started mincing words giving A1 and remaining grades scores.

It takes real brain to have a B3 and C4 and C5 in WAEC irrespective of how easy the questions maybe.
wasn't it because they knew one had to really work hard to get grades they asked for minimum of a C irrespective of which C it was?

They have just clearly opened way for people to continue in O'LEVEL and JAMB malpractice.

All I see is more room for exam malpractice and degrading in education quality in Nigeria which they claim to be fighting.

[size=14pt]THE PRESENT DAY GOVT HAS SUCCEEDED IN DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY AND NOW USING SOME POLICIES TO AFFECT THE FUTURE OF OUR YOUTH WHOSE ONLY HOPE IN GOOD EDUCATION [/size]

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by olujuwonlo26: 2:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hello guys, just joined the thread, my score is 60.125, medicine and surgery, pls, what are my chances of admission?. Thanks...
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by MichoAfarad(m): 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2016
Bhuumhite:
To those that score 50 and above,just keep praying the cut-off favours you...
Lol
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by ReorxTohGan(m): 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
samuelizz:

E go be correct erosion oooh grin
i swr
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by bankycee: 2:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
samuelizz:

MBBS Sire!
buh wait oo.. What's the general performance like since my pple don't wish to share their scores
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by bankycee: 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
samuelizz:

UI used that method just to reduce competition.... If they were to grade it the way you suggested... The cut off marks will be damn high. The best way is to just bring back Post Utme.
sure!! ure very correct but did the competition really reduce??
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by bankycee: 2:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
seunlayi:

[size=14pt]THE PRESENT DAY GOVT HAS SUCCEEDED IN DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY AND NOW USING SOME POLICIES TO AFFECT THE FUTURE OF OUR YOUTH WHOSE ONLY HOPE IN GOOD EDUCATION [/size]
naija be frustrating niggerz since 19BC
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by casdoruche: 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
what is the fate of those who had Cs because the rationale behind progress as far Nigeria is concerned should not be based on secondary school certificate. This reasons are alighted to buttress my point.
many of us were not opportune to attend good secondary schools so struggled through such EXams
After school many of us saw the need for university education and had exponential academic improvement that is during preparation for university exam.
secondary school certificate is now Monetised
An A student in waec could end up not even understanding his purpose as a student
jamb is not a competent criteria especially by its setbacks thereby giving unequal opportunity in disguise
waec is not even accepted or even accrued that respect as before outside the continent due to malpractice raampancy
Universities over time have proven that their exams are more competent, giving equal opportunity and a good determinant of truly intelligent student
by basing trust on waec or neco is tantamount to aasking for more fake and undefendable results
more young undergraduate from secondary schools would emerge because of doctored result at the expense of true students
we know how this goes why not do something better Adamu Adamu

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by casdoruche: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2016
what is the fate of those who had Cs because the rationale behind progress as far Nigeria is concerned should not be based on secondary school certificate. This reasons are alighted to buttress my point.
many of us were not opportune to attend good secondary schools so struggled through such EXams
After school many of us saw the need for university education and had exponential academic improvement that is during preparation for university exam.
An A student in waec could end up not even understanding his purpose as a student
jamb is not a competent criteria especially by its setbacks thereby giving unequal opportunity in disguise
waec is not even accepted or even accrued that respect as before outside the continent due to malpractice rampancy
Universities over time have proven that their exams are more competent, giving equal opportunity and a good determinant of truly intelligent student
by basing trust on waec or neco is tantamount to asking for more fake and undefended results
more young undergraduate from secondary schools would emerge because of doctored result at the expense of true students
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Ayomideadesoye(m): 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2016
fflamingo:
some people with wrong subject combinations completed the registration.
ui completely state that biology is essential for psychology.
yet those who did not include biology were graded.

but Ui Wont Gv Dem Admission,if U Read D Modality To D Very End
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Oluwafurygon: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
66. MBBS
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by seunlayi(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
bankycee:

naija be frustrating niggerz since 19BC

just looking into the future

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by samuelizz(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
augster:
Oga JD, you dey here grin

Uhmm... You know me?
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by samuelizz(m): 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2016
bankycee:

MBBS Sire!
buh wait oo.. What's the general performance like since my pple don't wish to share their scores

Ah!!... See my boss.. I hail oooh... Lol!!... No one wan share their score... Only the cut off go talk how the general performance was like
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by seunlayi(m): 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
casdoruche:
waec is not even accepted or even accrued that respect as before outside the continent due to malpractice rampancy
by basing trust on waec or neco is tantamount to asking for more fake and undefended results

thank you for your view. Our admission umpire actually got it wrong this year. Jamb messed up many aspirants future, giving some hypertension for the past six months at their tender age when they supposed to relax and look into the future, Jamb change the rule to cover up their inadequacies especially during the last examination which ought to be canceled. Even forcing the Great UI to go back to a system it has long experimented with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by kendallhart(m): 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2016
#TeamMbbs 78pts cheesy finally gonna be a doc

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by fflamingo(m): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
Ayomideadesoye:
but Ui Wont Gv Dem Admission,if U Read D Modality To D Very End
I read it but they will increase the cutoff.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by augster(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2016
samuelizz:

Uhmm... You know me?
Moubba From the group
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by ReorxTohGan(m): 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2016
kendallhart:
#TeamMbbs 78pts cheesy finally gonna be a doc
if God Says U Will Bro'
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by kendallhart(m): 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
ReorxTohGan:
if God Says U Will Bro'
I'm just praying the cut offs shouldn't be like unilag's own. medicine was 79
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by thecheerleader: 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
casdoruche:
waec is not even accepted or even accrued that respect as before outside the continent due to malpractice raampancy
by basing trust on waec or neco is tantamount to aasking for more fake and undefendable results

This is what I am saying. exactly.
with this system they are saying someone was has C and 200 in jamb has failed.
This system is not correct oo. so if someone has 3 A1 AND 2 F9 they will give that one admission over someone with C5 parallel.

This system tells me three things which I don't know what they are actually saying. it either ui is saying

*they don't want too many competitions thereby adapting a system of scoring which is clearly inadequate there by making the school lose quality in all ramifications.. cos it's simple maths someone with C parallel should at least make it to average 25 with 200 in jamb making the person make it average

* they are saying all we need is 3A in OLEVEL and 250 in Jamb to get into school even if the remaining subjects are f9

I don't know when ui started putting candidates into consideration for cut off mark. they always compare the number of candidates applying to the average score among the candidates ooo. I don't know when their cut off was ever low o that they had to use an inadequate method to calculate.
I do want to know the brains behind the calculations, big error calculations coming from ui is a shame
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by samuelizz(m): 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
augster:
Moubba From the group

Ah.. Baba... So you sef dey here? grin
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by dannyfillz(m): 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2016
thecheerleader:

This is what I am saying. exactly.
with this system they are saying someone was has C and 200 in jamb has failed.
This system is not correct oo. so if someone has 3 A1 AND 2 F9 they will give that one admission over someone with C5 parallel.

This system tells me three things which I don't know what they are actually saying. it either ui is saying

*they don't want too many competitions thereby adapting a system of scoring which is clearly inadequate there by making the school lose quality in all ramifications.. cos it's simple maths someone with C parallel should at least make it to average 25 with 200 in jamb making the person make it average

* they are saying all we need is 3A in OLEVEL and 250 in Jamb to get into school even if the remaining subjects are f9

I don't know when ui started putting candidates into consideration for cut off mark. they always compare the number of candidates applying to the average score among the candidates ooo. I don't know when their cut off was ever low o that they had to use an inadequate method to calculate.
I do want to know the brains behind the calculations, big error calculations coming from ui is a shame

Ui of all schools, with this newly adopted policy then we shouldn't consider Credit pass as a criteria for admission again, for me this is an extortion.
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by ReorxTohGan(m): 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2016
kendallhart:
I'm just praying the cut offs shouldn't be like unilag's own. medicine was 79
depends On How Many Aspirants Got Scored Over 80..Buh It Still Shuld Be In The Range Of 78 Above Or Even Less Cus Most Of The Aspirants For MBBS I know didnt Reach 78
Re: 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. by Vickoscatter(m): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
Pls does anyone know what to be done next,that is, what to be done after seeing our scores?

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (196) (Reply)

Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions" / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.