Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor (979 Views)

Air Force Officer And Policeman Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Plateau State.Photo / Corpse Of Policeman Killed In The Clash Between Navy & Police In Cross River / Photos Of A Policeman Killed by Fulani Herdsmen In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by Xclusiveblog: 6:43am On Sep 28, 2015
Six days after the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, disclosed that a notorious cult member, nicknamed Anarchy, was killed in gun duel with the police, the suspect’s father is now crying foul. The father of the deceased, Pastor Olumide Balogun, alleged a police sergeant mowed down his son in cold blood.

But addressing journalists on Wednesday, Owoseni said that policemen killed one of the most notorious cult members, operating in the Bariga area of Lagos State. He said: “Anarchy was killed on Tuesday at Bariga area during a gun duel with policemen. Anarchy’s group was about to engage a rival group in supremacy when scared residents suddenly put a distress call across to the police.”

According to Owoseni, police raced to the scene. On sighting the policemen, Anarchy and some members of his group, rather than take to their heels, engaged the policemen in a gun battle. He added: “Anarchy had been on police wanted list for long. Police responded to a distress call at Bariga.

Anarchy engaged policemen in a shootout. One of the cultists was arrested and weapon recovered. Anarchy, however, suffered bullet injury and died on the way to the hospital.” However, Balogun the said Anarchy was never a cult member.Balogun gave his son’s name as Abiodun Balogun, 33. According to him, Abiodun was shot dead by a police sergeant identified as Adekan Adesola at Ilaje Bariga area of Lagos. He said: “The sergeant trailed and shot my son at the spot where he went to collect Sallah ram from a politician in the community. I was in the church when I received the call that my son had been killed.”

The pastor said that Abiodun was a brick moulder and had never been known to belong to any cult group. He added: “Since the day my son was shot, I have been to the Lagos State Command Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) cell to search for my son, but I could not find him. All I was given there was his case file.

“I learnt that the policeman that shot him took my son’s necklace and his N400,000. I want the Commissioner of Police to summon the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of Bariga and probe the role played by the sergeant in the murder of my son.”

Balogun, who is also the secretary of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Odiolowo, Mushin branch, said: “I raised my son in a godly way. If he belonged to cult a group, as a father, I would have known. The policeman took away my son’s money. Nigerians should not allow the sergeant that killed my son to go away with his corpse.

They should give me my son’s corpse!” When our correspondent visited Ajileye Street, where the Baloguns lived, sympathisers gathered at their home, mourning Abiodun. Abiodun’s mother, Mrs Adenike Balogun, said: “The police sergeant is a cult member.

He belonged to Eiye Confraternity. He wanted Abiodun to join his group, but my son refused. Since then, he had been hunting my son. “I was still with my son on Monday. We discussed how we would celebrate the Sallah. I didn’t know that evil was lurking. It was around 8am on that fateful day that someone called me.

Continue reading here: http://xclusiveafrica.com/?p=4919

Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by GboyegaD(m): 6:51am On Sep 28, 2015
It is well. If he is a Christian, why was he going to collect Salah meat? As for the corporal, the police force needs to try him and we all shouldn't keep quiet over this issue as an injustice to one is an injustice to all.

2 Likes

Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by Jadonaldson(m): 6:53am On Sep 28, 2015
Ok Morning Every one....

You shall count a lot of blessings dis week IJN
Amen

1 & only Jadon
Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by wolewolsz(m): 6:55am On Sep 28, 2015
Father is a pastor? And the mother and son we're planning on collecting sallah ram and planning on how to celebrate d sallah festive period? Hmmm...
Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by nnachukz(m): 7:00am On Sep 28, 2015
In cases like this, I don't usually believe the Police. They can be mischievous at times.
Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by Obascoetubi: 7:01am On Sep 28, 2015
eeeeww
Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by overdrive(m): 7:03am On Sep 28, 2015
GboyegaD:
It is well. If he is a Christian, why was he going to collect Salah meat? As for the corporal, the police force needs to try him and we all shouldn't keep quiet over this issue as an injustice to one is an injustice to all.

Learn to be ur brother's keeper .

1 Like

Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by NoRetreat(m): 7:05am On Sep 28, 2015
The pastor is a cultist too. How on earth will they agreed to celebrate the Sallah and his son would go and collect Ram from a politician when he has 400,000:00 with him.
Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 28, 2015
Men In Black, the worst criminals on earth. Whenever they are high on Hot, or whenever they are slightly angry, the person closest to them, or their enemies is a walking dead.
There is a youtube video with 9 million views of an australian lady probably. that knows her rights, and refused to pull over when asked to. Instead, she obstructed traffic for over 24 mins and told them she will move was when she will be told to go and not pull over, and they dont even have rights to touch her car.
Haha, you are playing with death, if you are welcomed in Nigeria with this notion.
Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by GboyegaD(m): 7:11am On Sep 28, 2015
overdrive:

Learn to be ur brother's keeper .

My concern is that the story had too many sides to it however, should the corporal be tried, we will know the truth. This is the reason the society must press it on the Police Force to investigate this death.
Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 28, 2015
Police is you FryEnd
Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by figoperch: 7:49am On Sep 28, 2015
All the stories have holes in them

1. If the victim was a suspected cultist, he is innocent u til proven guilty.
2. Did the police have proof of gun duel? Expended shell casings, bullet holes on walls, cars in the battle zone?
3. Who is the politician sharing Allah meat?
4. Where are the eye and ear witnesses?
5. What was the victim doing with #400k cash so early in the morning and how did he carry it( in his pockets or in a polythene/small bag)?
6. What does the autopsy report say - how close was the gun that shot him, what is/was the angle of penetration e.t.c.?

So much questions to be answered before a reasonable conclusion can be made.

What a loss. If both citizens and law enforcement agent will just do the right things at the right time, things would be better.
Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by permsec: 9:15am On Sep 28, 2015
There is a mix up somwhere either from the father or the storyteller.

olopa abegi sir
Re: How Policeman Killed My Son, Stole His N400,000 – Pastor by BlackrulesDworld(m): 10:48am On Sep 28, 2015
I really don't know the function of the Nigeria police, maybe its to kill or to protect the citizens.
I think Nigeria would be better off without them

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kano School Boys Raped In Their Hostels, Police And School Proprietor Accused Of / Woman Reportedly Butchered To Death By Her Husband's Brothers...-graphic Photos / Burnt House On Solanke Street, Akoka: What Really Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.