Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) (23175 Views)

Man Disgraced And Stripped N*ked After He Was Caught Stealing Cables In Anambra / Man Caught Stealing Cables In Anambra Stripped Unclad (Photos) / Hoodlums Stab LAWMA Worker For Tipping Off Police (graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by Islie: 7:51am On Sep 28, 2015
The police in Lagos have arrested an official of the Lagos State Waste Management Authority, Ibrahim Alli, for allegedly vandalising and stealing the cables that supplied power to streetlights in the Opebi, Ikeja area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that 29-year-old Alli, said to be a member of a two-man syndicate, was arrested on Friday, September 25, in the area.

The police said the suspect works with LAWMA in the Onipanu area, while his accomplice, identified only as Yunusa, evaded arrest. They said a manhunt had been launched for him.

Our correspondent learnt that the police recovered items, including electrical cables, a shovel, a LAWMA identity card, and one wristwatch from the suspect.

Alli, from Adamawa State, in his statement to the police, confessed to the crime, adding that it was Yunusa who introduced the idea to him.

He added that he was usually given only N1,500 from the sale of the cables.

He said, “Yunusa and I went to Opebi in Lagos at about 12.30am to steal the cables. Yunusa is the one who sold the cables. I do not know the receiver. I only assisted him in taking the cables from the place. He gave me N1,500 after the sales.

“I work with the Lagos State Waste Management Authority at Onipanu. I am not contented with the money being paid to us. Yunusa was the one who led me to the crime.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Joe Offor, confirmed the arrest. He added that efforts were on to apprehend the fleeing member.

He said, “Policemen, who were on routine patrol in the area, sighted the two men vandalising the streetlight cables, which had left the entire community in darkness. One of the suspects was apprehended, while the second suspect escaped.”

A police source added that the suspect had been charged to court.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/lawma-official-arrested-for-stealing-cables/

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by MosakuAW(m): 7:55am On Sep 28, 2015
No offender must go unpunished. If this man will be punish, then Saraki deserve more.

35 Likes

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by bewla(m): 8:08am On Sep 28, 2015
no body should be above the law

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by henribj(m): 8:35am On Sep 28, 2015
na for this kain ppl police dey get power.
them try sha
at all at all na im bad pass

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by pretydiva(f): 8:50am On Sep 28, 2015
The hunter has been hunted. He should be made 2 face d full wrath of d law

2 Likes

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by kennyman2000(m): 8:51am On Sep 28, 2015
Hmmmm... While we're clamouring for change.. Some evil people are ready to go to any length to hinder the change..

Thats how God will hinder positive change in their lives.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

3 Likes

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by ketekete: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2015
Stealing is bad. Say No To Crime!

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2015
Oya police food don come. Devour him without mercy, ontop cable, them parade am.

Na saraki and the rest who stole billions and are still ruling us, walking free........

Catch thief wey still maggi and stop showing them to us on tv.......na the ones wey still millions >>billions we wan see.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by iambabaG: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2015
Na wa.. Must dey use "2 man syndicate".. Must dey always release mumu statement? Should dis even make news? Wen d real thieves r beyond their reach.. Na petty thief dem go dey publicise!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by Demmocrats(m): 8:51am On Sep 28, 2015
Stealing is now a crime grin initially it was a way of life cheesy

Sai BaBa

2 Likes

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by pleiades45: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2015
that aint no 29 yr old nigga. this nigga at least 70

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by damton(m): 8:52am On Sep 28, 2015
Thief Ole carry am go.
Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by otabuko(m): 8:52am On Sep 28, 2015
Salary no do am...?
Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by free2ryhme: 8:53am On Sep 28, 2015
Greed puts one in trouble.

This is how electricity infrastructure has been vandalized for decades in Nigeria. Good job NPF.
Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by missKiffy(f): 8:53am On Sep 28, 2015
Some of them steal cables worth 200k, they also steal things from the transformer, leaving the area in darkness and the people will have to source for money to replace the stolen items by themselves. Most times its phcn officials that do these dirty work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by Deardeals: 8:53am On Sep 28, 2015
lol

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by RichDad1(m): 8:53am On Sep 28, 2015
That criminal doesn't look 29 to me. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

quote me anywhere. cool cool cool cool

5 Likes

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by Mutuwa(m): 8:54am On Sep 28, 2015
how much en go make from this cable? 1k5? for how many days/seconds? angry
Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by asumo12: 8:54am On Sep 28, 2015
NPF?

Islie I don't biliv he's a thief
Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by dammytosh: 8:55am On Sep 28, 2015
"witch hunting"

-He should go to court and stop prosecution.

-He was made to sit on bare floor that is violating his human sitting right.

-He should refuse docking since he is a LAWMA worker.

-Since he is not a Lagosian and the cable does not belong to Lagos State Govt, he should go to Appeal court on matters of jurisdiction

F00lish poor people supporting rich thieves to loot our nation by screaming "witch hunting" and politically motivated "trials"

Saraki and all treasury looters convicted must be jailed.

Enough of LAWS for only the poor.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by passionate88: 8:55am On Sep 28, 2015
Lagos again?. na wa o. aboki coming to Lagos to steal nd commit havoc. that dude looks older than 29

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by MadCow1: 8:55am On Sep 28, 2015
As NEPA no dey bring light again, ehn come feel say the cables don turn waste for disposal.. grin
Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by steffans(m): 8:56am On Sep 28, 2015
Thank God the Guys name wont cause problems to some people this early monday morning grin
Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by bettercreature(m): 8:56am On Sep 28, 2015
Lol! Free the man i beg,arrant nonsense
see the evidence they are showing us
shovel and 200naira cable
Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by Homar(m): 8:58am On Sep 28, 2015
Please-guys-answer-(what-the-hell-is-CC-LALASTICALA--------
Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by psychologist(m): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2015
Comfirm

Patiently waiting for saraki

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by aabmoses(m): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2015
Why!!!
Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by freshness2020: 9:01am On Sep 28, 2015
pleiades45:
that aint no 29 yr old nigga. this nigga at least 70
Poverty can ..
Re: LAWMA Official Arrested For Stealing Cables (Pictured) by Icecomrade: 9:01am On Sep 28, 2015
APC stealing in Lagos rubbing off

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDLEA Uncovers ₦22 Billion Worth Of Tramadol Imported By Ukatu / 21-Year-Old Man To Die By Hanging In Ekiti For Robbing Men Of Their Motorcycles / #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.