Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source (28898 Views)

Balogun-Fulani: We Paid Ransom For Our Freedom, Our Kidnappers Were Fulanis / My Uncle Was Poisoned’: Family Source Of Audu Abubakar Reveals DETAILS / PDP Lists Jonathan's Projects Buhari Is Trying To Take Glory For (SEE LIST) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by chesterlee(m): 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2015

THERE is no grain of truth in the impression created by the police that the for­mer minister of finance and chieftain of Afenifere, Chief Olu Falae was re­leased by his abductors without paying ransom.

A family member of the elder statesman said con­trary to the claim by the police authorities, ransom was paid before Chief Fa­lae was eventually released

The family source also berated the Inspector-Gen­eral of Police, Mr Solo­mon Arase of claiming the glory for Falae’s release saying the police boss just came to Ondo for jambo­ree “because Police did not have any input in Baba’s release.”

The former Secretary to the Government of the Fed­eration and national chair­man of the Social Demo­cratic Party (SDP) was kidnapped in his farm at Ilado in Akure North Local Government Area by sus­pected Fulani herdsmen. He regained his freedom after spending four days in the kidnappers’ den

“I wonder why people don’t investigate well be­fore talking. It will be very unfair to give any kudos to the police over Chief Fa­lae’s release having being held hostage for four days.

“If we relied on Police to rescue Baba and ignored his abductors on the ran­som they demanded by now we would have been telling another story. But we thank God our Baba came back alive.”

The source did not dis­close the actual amount paid but said the family had to appeal to the hoodlums to spare Falae’s life saying the kidnappers threatened seriously.

“So, in this kind of de­velopment, we should wait and be listening to the po­lice? My brother, forget. As far as I know, the police didn’t play any role in his release. The family played ball with the abductors, and they took him back to his farm where he was kid­napped and dropped him there. “Baba even said it when he got home that af­ter the abductors had con­cluded their arrangements with his family, they took him back to his farm at Ila­do and dropped him there.

“Baba said when his abductors dropped him, he trekked several kilo­meters from his farm to a hotel in owo where he met some policemen and in­troduced himself as Chief Olu Falae. That was how the Police got to know of his release and hijacked the whole process as if they are the one who rescued him. Only an unreasonable person will still give kudos to the police for the Chief’s release. We know who and who we should thank, not the police,” the furious family source said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/falae-we-paid-ransom-family-source/

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Bobbystanley(m): 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
Lol.. Solomon Arase nyash don open.

Everything about the current administration Is all about lies and propaganda. Reaping where they did not sow.
Taking unmerited credit.

The Lying Liars.

I returned from my Ban this morning and I made FTC.

I dedicate it to the Father of Democracy, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and my role model, Governor Ayodele Fayose.

194 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Unsad(m): 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ahhh. Lmfao. Solo don Bleep up. Even EPL better pass our NPF

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by martins0: 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
Expect Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu to release a disclaimer soon

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by sltn(m): 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
kiss
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by chesterlee(m): 12:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
Buhari and Arase should bend their heads in shame...

Lying Liars...Thank God Baba is Alive

cc Lalasticlala

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by mightyhaze: 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Na wa o! So sb like olu falae cud be snatched for dayz n ransom paid witout d police havin a clue.security. In ds country is in real shambles. Buhari really needs 2 sit up,dis aint no joke anymore cry

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Paschal001: 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Shame shame shame... #shame to Arase

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Cadamlk: 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
I have been asking myself this same question.Could the kidnappers had released him without collecting a ransom?.......Police was never in the picture at all.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Freegift75: 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
Na wa oh
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by UmuEri(m): 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2015
grin grin grin grin I am here just to laugh!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by hob(m): 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
Not surprised one bit

Naija police claiming false glory

2 Likes

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ok--what do you expect? When Mimiko prefers OPC to Police as agents providing security for the state undecided

What do you expect from a State once managed politically by LP now PDP.

PDP - useless opposition party

7 Likes

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Bonapart(m): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
Okay
Ransom well paid
Thank you
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Godjone(m): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ha!
This is a big dent on the image of the police.

No wonder we were patiently waiting for the police to tell us how the elder statesman was rescued, but they kept mute.

grin grin grin grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by ladyF(f): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
But police helped in publicity sha, you can't downgrade their efforts. grin

I don put my pishure....lol check my profile for details grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
Abi..
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by dave2meek(m): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
Police has deceiving Nigerians.
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by wayodude(m): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
Interesting...
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by mcfynest(m): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
grin
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Bacteriocin(m): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
ladyF:
But police helped in publicity sha, you can't downgrade their efforts.

welcome ma
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by tolexy007(m): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
grin busted... grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by ibkgab001: 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
So what .... Lolllllll

I won't be surprise if he is been kidnapped again

Broke family let me know how much you pay
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by MrMcJay(m): 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
I believe this 100% and I look forward to Arase's response to this Falae family's indictment.

I have a friend whose relation was kidnapped in one of the SS states. When the family gave the police the ransom money to deliver to the kidnappers, the cops actually removed a sizeable sum and this angered the kidnappers who killed the abductee.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
Nigeria police love false glory
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by aspirebig: 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
Really
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Remilekun101: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
cheesy
Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by tellwisdom: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
I knew it before now

2 Likes

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
This guy is an idiot. His statement will only encourage more kidnappings.\

Sometimes the police conceal the truth about ransom to discourage intending
kidnappers.

16 Likes

Re: Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source by chronique(m): 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
Damn!!! As usual,the dunces at the NPF are always a source of embarrassment and disgrace to the nation. Were they expecting his family members not to tell Nigerians that they paid ransom for their relative to be released? And they kept on giving us the impression that He was rescued.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Inspects Traditional Guard Of Honour Attached To Imo Govt House / UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says / How Fulani Vigilante Will Work In South East - Miyetti Allah Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.