Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:36 AM

Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: (967 Views)

Jonathan Was Caged By Powerful Forces While In Office" Says Wale Soyinka / Wale Soyinka Has Done More Harm Than Good To Our Country!!!! / Wale Soyinka Is Dead Wrong-by Sam Ind Isaiah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by OneNaija(m): 1:22am On Apr 18, 2009
I am an angry man. Why should I be happy when a man like Mr. James Ibori who was struggling to make ends meet as a migrant in the UK suddenly become stupendously rich after spending eight years as a state governor and nobody is asking “how come”?.

Why should I be happy when I see petty pick-pockets and mobile phone snatchers being manacled and paraded by the police when Mr. Lucky Igbinedion is allowed the option of a plea bargain after being accused of practically raiding his state’s treasury?

Why should I have a stupid smile on my face when armed with the knowledge that Mr. “Andy” Uba whom Mr. Obasanjo promised the gift of governorship of my home state was charged with smuggling $177,000 into the US by that country’s authorities and was found guilty, yet the Nigerian government claimed that “no law was broken”?

Why won’t I be filled with rage when Mr. Tony Anenih who failed monumentally as Works Minister is now made the Chairman of the Nigerian Ports Authority Board?

Why should I be happy when my fellow citizens in the Niger Delta are living an extremely miserable life in the midst of so much abundance while the politicians are allocating obscene allowances to themselves?

Why are these politicians so callous? Why should I be cheerful when state governors in my country are collecting huge sums as “security votes” while the lives of beautiful citizens are daily being felled by the fire-power of armed robbers?
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by gozzilla(m): 1:26am On Apr 18, 2009
I SHOULD BE HAPPY AM ALIVE
I SHOULD BE HAPPY GOD DEY
I SHOULD BE HAPPY AM A CHRISTIAN
I SHOULD BE HAPPY THERE IS A HEAVEN TO GAIN
I SHOULD BE HAPPY TOMORROW IS A BETTER DAY

OF COURSE ALL WALE SOYINKA IS UNHAPPY ABOUT TRULY CONCERNS ME BUT ARE THOSE THINGS GONNA MAKE ME UNHAPPY MAY GOD NOT ALLOW IT.
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 18, 2009
gozzilla:

I SHOULD BE HAPPY AM ALIVE
I SHOULD BE HAPPY GOD DEY
I SHOULD BE HAPPY AM A CHRISTIAN
I SHOULD BE HAPPY THERE IS  A HEAVEN TO GAIN
I SHOULD BE HAPPY TOMORROW IS A BETTER DAY

OF COURSE ALL WALE SOYINKA IS UNHAPPY ABOUT TRULY CONCERNS ME BUT ARE THOSE THINGS GONNA MAKE ME UNHAPPY MAY GOD NOT ALLOW IT.

"Dont worry, there's enough gold, rice and virgins in heaven"
"Be happy cos god dey"
"Tomorrow go better" etc are some of the qoutes your leaders, pastors and imam keep dishing out to you.

However, you do have the right to be happy because of all the things you mentioned, but I wouldnt be surprised if someone comes to tell you that your type of mindset have and is still the bane of underdevelopment in nigeria.

Suffering and smiling.
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by ikeyman00(m): 9:47am On Apr 18, 2009
there u go once again!!

now i think its clear who is destroyin nigeria

hahhaha

asshole-rocks
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by ikeyman00(m): 9:53am On Apr 18, 2009
soyinka

more former police chief looted fund gone missing

NFF $200,000 gone missing

Power fund gone missing

FG FCT properties fund missing

soon yayafufu will be missing
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by ElRazur: 10:09am On Apr 18, 2009
I think a few people seem to be missing the point. He is trying to highlight what he perceives as blatant injustice and corruption. He is not exactly saying he is "not happy".
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by blacksta(m): 10:25am On Apr 18, 2009
I would like to set up 21 man inquiry to look into why Mr Wale or Wole Soyinka is unhappy and after the initial 21 man set up another 15 man inquiry to look into the recommendation of the 21 man  inquiry.  My Gosh i already have migrane.
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by gozzilla(m): 10:32am On Apr 18, 2009
@nuzo
I totally understand you and you have a point. but come to think of it if everything around me makes me unhappy, i tell you i will never be a happy man for a day. There is pain and will forever be pain in this world of ours. It is a choice to be happy. Maybe what makes you happy will be different from the stuffs that makes me happy, but none the less i believe it is stuffs too that makes you happy.
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by redsun(m): 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2009
You don't need a crystal ball to see that nigeria is a rogue state when all those senseless monsters called leaders,past and present,are roaming about free with audacity.
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by ilaugh1: 6:54pm On Apr 18, 2009
You should scrape the white afro hair on your stupid head and after doing so you will be more happy and you will be able to tell us more things that makes u "happy" ?Mr Cultist.
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by redsun(m): 7:00pm On Apr 18, 2009
The fact is that we are so backward that even europe in the dark age was more constructive.We don't seem to have system,no fundamental beliefs and objectives as a people and society.It is something to weep for.

Cry blood africans,cry blood.
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by ikeyman00(m): 7:27pm On Apr 18, 2009
@ post

damn damn these morons! i don tire for them

soyinka said iam not happy

now take a look around the thread, tell me why these morons cannt assimilate simple thing for once in their life time

when he said he aint happy dnt imply he aint happy about his personal life rather the political situation in nigeria!!

what all the abuses for?? u need to learn how to read and write cuz as u can see its got some limitations

k ikeyman is now making his own statement

99% nl aint happy about situation in nigeria true or false

yeye morons!
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by ElRazur: 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2009
ikeyman00:

@ post

damn damn these morons! i don tire for them

soyinka said iam not happy

now take a look around the thread, tell me why these morons cannt assimilate simple thing for once in their life time

when he said he aint happy dnt imply he aint happy about his personal life rather the political situation in nigeria!!

what all the abuses for?? u need to learn how to read and write cuz as u can see its got some limitations

k ikeyman is now making his own statement

99% nl aint happy about situation in nigeria true or false

yeye morons!

I was trying to say that in my post. cheesy But you know, erm this is nairaland. sad
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by FBS: 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2009
another prove that nigeria is a failed state.
Re: Wale Soyinka,i Am Not Happy: by yousouph(m): 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2009
Various reactions to a simple post illustrates the diversity of a failed country.

(1) (Reply)

Change NTA To NTS (Nigerian Television Service) / Only Military Can Conduct Free And Fair Polls In Nigeria -iwu / President Of Nnpc Cooperative Society Threatens To Sue Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.