Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) (25272 Views)

The Married Woman Who Died With Her Lover In A Car During Sex In Lagos Pictured / "Don't Kill Your Wife, It's Our Job" Advert Board Seen In Lagos (Pictured) / Redeemed Pastor Sent To Prison Over N100m Lekki Land Fraud (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by lalasticlala(m): 6:34pm On Sep 28, 2015

An 88-year-old man, Pa Adeola Ajidahun has been remanded in prison custody by an Igbosere Magistrate Court in Lagos for allegedly defrauding over 15 people to the tune of a N100m under the pretence of selling lands to them at the Lekki Resettlement Schemes in Eti-Osa Local Government Area of the state.

Ajidahun who hails from Ekiti State was apprehended after he allegedly defrauded one Kehinde Ola to the tune of N30m

The 88-year-old, who lives at 89, Karimu Laka street, Egbeda area of the state convinced Ola into paying for a land which he alleged was allocated to him by the State government.

He was said to have produced fake documents on the said land and later took Ola to inspect the area in Lekki alongside his agent, Felix Olu Fadare.

Ola, who did not suspect anything was amiss, paid for the land through his bank, unknownly, the land Ajidahun sold to him belonged to another family in the area.

Ajidahun was alleged to have defrauded several others using the land. One of his victim, Tony Ezeoke, was said to have lost over N10 million on the same land.

On noticing the fraud, Ola petitioned the Anti-Special Fraud Unit, SFU, attached to the Lagos State Police Command leading to his arrest and subsequent arraignment.

The accused was arraigned for conspiracy, obtaining under false pretence and stealing under the Criminal Code.

Testifying in court, the prosecutor, Mr Boniface Asogwara said the octogenarian obtained the money from Ola under the false pretence of selling plots of land at Lekki in Eti-Osa Local Government, Lagos.

The presiding Magistrate, Mrs. O. O. Oshin granted Ajidahun bail in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties in like sum, adding that one of the sureties must be a civil servant of level 16 and must show evident of tax clearance for three years.

Ajidahun’s inability to get somebody to perfect his bail led to him been remanded in Ikoyi prison.

Oshin however adjourned the case till October.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/28/88-year-old-man-remanded-in-prison-over-n100m-land-fraud/
Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by Mskrisx(f): 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
Mmmm
Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by MosakuAW(m): 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2015
If Saraki can defraud Kwara-state of Billions of Naira, then the 88yr old man is a minor to Saraki.

24 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by Whizzcute(m): 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2015
MODIFIED
Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by Sveen: 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
Would this old man be jailed or something? He should just be made to return the money to the victims and be warned not to get involved in such act again.

This man obviously cannot spend a week with the inmates.

10 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by BlackrulesDworld(m): 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
Old man sef no wan gree. No time, kirikiri loading.......
Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by Shaadey: 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
mstceew..... as old as he is....agbaya

He should return their hard earned money &he shouldn't be granted bail

4 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
wetin baba won Use 100 m do ??

5 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by Evaromantik(m): 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2015
I dnt know how long this oldman thinks he can live ahead to enjoy 100eemu
Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by DickDastardly(m): 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2015
ok o!
Name checkers over to you wink
Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by angieberry(f): 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2015
Scotch free korh...
Whizzcute:
Free the poor Old Man!

A lot of people are commiting bigger offences and going scotch free!

13 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by MKO4ever(m): 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2015
Now if you are one of the 15 victims of this already old man, all you should be doing right now is praying. If this man kicks bucket in that prison, then bye bye to your money grin

6 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by Sweetyie(f): 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2015
Choi. See d man's swag

2 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by emmanuel596(m): 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2015
Old man dey steal watin small children like me go come do?

I swear if I get to live up to 60years I will give my life totally to GOD I will do good to everyone I will pray for forgiveness of sins I will watch and pray and prepare for my diying day...I can't finish suffering in this Nigeria and end up in hell

8 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by ZACHIE: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
Whizzcute:
Free the poor Old Man!

Hmm
No be only scotch free
Na whisky free.

Wait o, did you say they should let him go because others are committing the same crime?
Another reason not to think through the rectum

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by Dennis07(m): 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
Nemesis...

IF YOU CARE TO MANAGE YOUR DIABETES AND HYPERTENSION USING A NATURAL WAY... Check this link..www.nairaland.com/2619089/natural-way-completely-manage-diabetes
Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
This people again seems like crime is in their DNA. Anybody who commit a crime should serve the jail time

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by funmijoyb(f): 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
Yoruba will dupe yorubas why not immigrants frm d River side wink wink

5 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by happney65: 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
menix:
A true yellow Bar man can neva out grow crime..
It's a DNA frm their maker..

Wondering how they will prosecute this man been that age is already prosecuting him..

This man pikin go don dey post update for FB all this while claiming "Omo Baba Olowo"

You deserve a Ban..You are nothing but a Slow-Poke and a Fool

13 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by joystickextendr: 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
too bad

Meanwhile do u want to know how u can enlarge your joystick and stop premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature

1 Like

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by California30(m): 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
Yellow Bar & fraud are like Bread & Butter.

24 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by cosby02(m): 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2015
Whizzcute:
Free the poor Old Man!

So obvious how bad you can reason....what a good defence.

2 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by Anaskie(m): 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2015
Sad
Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
Omonile General. He should be made to repay all those he defrauded.

5 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hian at what age? Ti arugbo n sokun omu.....
Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by cosby02(m): 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
adesewa4uyahoo:
Hian at what age?
88... incase your education does not include figure.

2 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by johntaiwo123(m): 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
Him type still plenty, make God catch them all if they fail to repent

1 Like

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by damton(m): 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
I wonder what he needs to do with so much money at his age.
Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by mustiiz(m): 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
Whizzcute:
Free the poor Old Man!

Lolsss.... My guy u vex sohtey u no sabi wetin u go talk ... Scotch free wen he no be scotch egg.. Na waooo

3 Likes

Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by chingydaboss(m): 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2015
H
Re: 88-year-old Man In Prison Over N100m Land Fraud In Lagos (pictured) by olatpic(m): 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2015
This is a serious issue o. Let him return the money or has he finished spending it? embarassed

Kindly, checkout my profile for your Web & ICT services. Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buratai Assessing Operation Lafiya Dole After Relocating To Borno (Photo) / Stray Bullet Shot By Soldiers Kill A Man In Jos (Disturbing Photos) / Deputy Superintendent Of Prisons Arrested For Armed Robbery In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.