Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Abati: I Was A Different Person Under Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abati: I Was A Different Person Under Jonathan (879 Views)

Abati: I Don’t Have A Kobo To Refund To EFCC / REUBEN ABATI: I Collected N500m From Dasuki As Xmas Gift To Journalists Read Mor / This Buhari's Tweet On Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan Has Got Everyone Talking(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abati: I Was A Different Person Under Jonathan by hydrazone: 8:27am On Sep 29, 2015
Reuben Abati, spokesman of former president, Goodluck Jonathan, on Monday said people still expected him to sound like a “panelist on Patito’s gang or a columnist” when he joined government.

Alongside Pat Utomi, a notable economist, Abati who also chaired the editorial board of Guardian, anchored Patito’s Gang, a television talkshow that focused on societal issues.

Commenting on his role in government, Abati said the job of a spokesman is very sensitive and requires wisdom.

He was speaking during a lecture entitled: ‘Media and Economic Renaissance: Media as a tool for economic diversification’.

“Once you are in government, you are no more a journalist. It’s just like a royal court; the king does not go out, he sends someone to deliver his message to the people,” he said.

“The job of a government’s spokesman is very delicate and sensitive. A careless spokesperson can blow up a country but my colleagues still wanted me to talk as Abati, the columnist or Abati as a panelist in Patitos Gang.

“Loquacity is not an asset when you are a government’s spokesman. It is not everything that a hunter sees in the bush that he talks about.”

Abati also challenged journalists to always make public office holders accountable to the people.

This is the second time that Abati would be making public comment since he left government in May.

In July, he wrote a piece entitled: ‘The Phones No longer Ring’, detailing his experience as the mouthpiece of the government between 2011 and 2015.

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/abati-turned-different-person-joined-govt
Re: Abati: I Was A Different Person Under Jonathan by donTbone(m): 8:27am On Sep 29, 2015
“Once you are in government, you are no more a journalist

It is not everything that a hunter sees in the bush that he talks about.”

Pure compromising of integrity and self identity. You are a columnist before getting into govt, now bcame mute during his tenure, just for you to start speaking again after tenure!

I mean, its so absurd.

Even the govt in power then has threatened to Kill His family, would he still have retorted to been a faithful spokes person to the govt by been silent

#AllbunchofLiars
satisfying their own interest cry

1 Like

Re: Abati: I Was A Different Person Under Jonathan by Unsad(m): 8:27am On Sep 29, 2015
No, yu was a goat.
Re: Abati: I Was A Different Person Under Jonathan by chocolateme(f): 8:28am On Sep 29, 2015
You were?
Re: Abati: I Was A Different Person Under Jonathan by DaBullIT(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2015
So , Abati is telling me that he's been delivering GEJ's message all this while ?

Ok,
Re: Abati: I Was A Different Person Under Jonathan by journerman(m): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2015
Is he trying to distant himself from Jonathan now. Unfortunately for you Mr Abati, you were part of the failures that surrounded President Jonathan.
Re: Abati: I Was A Different Person Under Jonathan by TheFreeOne: 11:13am On Sep 29, 2015
The job of a government’s spokesman is very delicate and sensitive. A careless spokesperson can blow up a country but my colleagues still wanted me to talk as Abati, the columnist or Abati as a panelist in Patitos Gang.

Loquacity is not an asset when you are a government’s spokesman. It is not everything that a hunter sees in the bush that he talks about.”
Re: Abati: I Was A Different Person Under Jonathan by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 29, 2015
Was he hyponetised undecided
Re: Abati: I Was A Different Person Under Jonathan by shotster50(m): 11:57am On Sep 29, 2015
Once you are in Government , you have chosen a side and people will live to constantly remind you of it..

(1) (Reply)

Behold Google's Doodle For Nigeria's Independence / Robert Clarke [SAN] Shares His Views On Buhari's Ministerial List / Caption This Throwback Photo Of Tinubu & Fashola Smiling As They Hug Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.