Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists (14154 Views)

Asset Declaration: Saraki Ends Historic 14-day Cross-examination Of Witness / False Assets Declaration: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With Just 4 Senators / #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by DONSMITH123(m): 8:36am On Sep 29, 2015
The Trade Union Congress, TUC, Enugu State chapter has insisted that Senate President, Bukola Saraki should resign.

The Office of the Attorney General of the Federation is prosecuting Saraki for alleged false declaration of assets at the Code of Conduct Bureau.

Some organisations, including labour unions, had already called for Saraki’s resignation from office.

Chairman of the TUC in Enugu State, Chukwuma Igbokwe, while speaking with newsmen in Enugu maintained that Saraki should step aside, pending the conclusion of his trial at the CCT.

Igbokwe said, “Any public officer that is found to be corrupt should vacate the position, or step aside to allow the judicial process take its course. If he continues to occupy the position, he can subvert the course of justice.

“Now that he (Saraki) has taken his plea, he should step aside, pending when he is found guilty, or acquitted.”

The labour leader added that the rule of law must be allowed to prevail in Saraki’s trial.

Igbokwe said, “Nobody is above the law – he should vacate the office for now and wait for the rule of law to take its course.

“In the current administration’s anti-corruption campaign, nobody should be spared. There should be no sacred cows and those in sensitive positions should step aside if they have been accused of corruption and taken to court.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/29/assets-declaration-saraki-must-resign-tuc-insists/

3 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by chocolateme(f): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2015
Yes he should. Leaving him on seat after his lies and deceit to masses is not showing good example.

22 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by Unsad(m): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2015
The only TUC I know is a biscuit.

10 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:39am On Sep 29, 2015
grin. looser!!! Saraki will laugh last. Nothing will happened.

Igbokwe should keep mute. Has he taken Okene weed?

7 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:40am On Sep 29, 2015
chocolateme:
Yes he should. Leaving him on seat after his lies and deceit to masses is not showing good example.

who are you to Judge wen the court has not?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by OnankpaBa(m): 8:42am On Sep 29, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
grin. looser!!! [s]Saraki will laugh last. Nothing will happened.[/s]

Igbokwe should keep mute. Has he taken Okene weed?

to slap you dey hungry me....see your life. Saraki will not last long on that seat.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2015
OnankpaBa:

to slap you dey hungry me....see your life. Saraki will not last long on that seat.

you think APC will allow that to happened? If saraki vacate the seat, PDP will claim the seat. Watch and see.

2 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by omenka(m): 8:48am On Sep 29, 2015
I thought the Children of saTAN and Wailing Wailers said TUC and NLC never made any such statements, that it is an APC propaganda (some people just throw that word around like it's about to go out of fashion).

What a bunch of deadbeats.

4 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by chocolateme(f): 8:49am On Sep 29, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

who are you to Judge wen the court has not?
sweet how far? My own opinion tho weda court or not. No be today, if na poor man, they go don sentence am. Delaying everything to do the needful. Soon they will call him the most honest man with an award sef. Don't worry, I am sentencing him with my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:50am On Sep 29, 2015
chocolateme:
sweet how far? My own opinion tho weda court or not. No be today, if na poor man, they go don sentence am. Delaying everything to do the needful. Soon they will call him the most honest man with an award sef. Don't worry, I am sentencing him with my opinion.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you are not serious

1 Like

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:52am On Sep 29, 2015
Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Seun abeg tell Saraki he still has to decide on Ministers list. so APC should watch out. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by OnankpaBa(m): 8:53am On Sep 29, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Seun abeg tell Saraki he still has to decide on Ministers list. so APC should watch out. grin grin

Ministers list? and you think he has a choice? lets watch and see
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by DONSMITH123(m): 8:56am On Sep 29, 2015
chocolateme:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:57am On Sep 29, 2015
OnankpaBa:

[s]Ministers list? and you think he has a choice? lets watch and see[/s]
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by Aufbauh(m): 9:01am On Sep 29, 2015
This is a matter of moral burden but as we all know Saraki is a man with little or no morality but he must go.

Anyone who has these grievous & criminal charges levelled against him /her intently knows that he/she is a gonner.
Even if these charges were against Buhari without an immunity by now the street will be choke with protest demanding for his resignation.

3 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by OnankpaBa(m): 9:29am On Sep 29, 2015
lalasticlala, do the needful
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by sammyj: 9:36am On Sep 29, 2015
While some Mugus will come here to deny they said it . Wailers we hail thee ooo!!! grin shocked grin
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by OnankpaBa(m): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
sammyj:
While some Mugus will come here to deny they said it . Wailers we hail thee ooo!!! grin shocked grin
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by oluwaSmith1(f): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2015
lalasticlala. tell your brother o
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by OnankpaBa(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
lalasticlala. tell your brother o

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by sheftyxz(m): 11:40am On Sep 29, 2015
Saraki is nothing but a common thief ole

1 Like

Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 29, 2015
Great
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by tolexy007(m): 11:53am On Sep 29, 2015
grin Very soon they will come and deny saying it...TUC are clowns cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by omusiliyu(m): 11:54am On Sep 29, 2015
Wetin concern the igbo
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by ylaa(f): 11:54am On Sep 29, 2015
oh saraki, what doest thou?
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by loomer: 11:54am On Sep 29, 2015
Everybody wan talk
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by kennyman2000(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2015
Hmmmm...
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by Sweetyie(f): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2015
Speechless
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by obinnajr(m): 11:56am On Sep 29, 2015
KEDU EBE NDI ARAAA SI WERE PUTAKWA
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by wildchild1: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2015
gbam

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/4
Re: Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists by Dee60: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2015
Simple.

It is just sheer impunity to know that you have big skeletons in your cupboard and yet you aspire for prime leadership position. In saner climes, this is never accepted. Most politicians are guilty of one thing or the other, but the time has come that people should move away from prime leadership position, until they clean up their wardrobes.

Our politicians should stop taking Nigerians for a ride.

The man must be afraid to resign because that will mark the very end of his political career!

But not wanting to resign means that the country will continue to suffer this kind of impunity where a politician can just assume that he can get away with just anything!

With the kind of public glare on this case, sparing Saraki will amount to spoiling Nigeria, or further spoiling an already spoilt clime.

The right thing for the man to do is to put up a very good case so that the tribunal can acquit him.

I really pity him for being made a scapegoat. He certainly needs prayers.

He will be a more respected Senate P, if he steps down and then goes to win his case. In that case, his popularity will soar against whoever is behind his travails.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shi’ites Protest At NASS, Demand El-zakzaky’s Release / I Didn’t Order Disruption Of Fg’s Tradermoni –amosun / Arewa Group Defends Ruga Settlement, Blasts Ohanaeze’s Nwodo, Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.