Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns (14653 Views)

Police Reacts To Olu Falae's Ransom Claims / Olu Falae Admits Paying Ransom To Kidnappers / Olu Falae Meets Mimiko After Gaining Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by ekafine(f): 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
Olaolufred:

[size=4pt] You still failed to confirm the truth that your improminent self is sub-human compared to prominent akwa ibomites[/size]

Show us where fulani kidnapped a prominent Akwaibomite. Even SGF Falae confirmed that yorubrass are slaves grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Duru1(m): 5:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
Aigbofa:

Ojukwu boasted more than this yet he ran over children in a desperate attempt to escape.
Empty chest beaters.

What actually caught my attention in this silly Olu Falae saga was the caption of this thread which reads “We (Yari.ba peeps) cannot continue to be slaves in Yoruba land”. This is a product of stream of thought that belongs to no less a person than Olu Falae, a chieftain of Afenifere. If you cannot learn a thing from this particular thread, you cannot be helped.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Shymm3x: 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
Aigbofa:

Abi o, I'm even thinking of starting a new clothing line called "Ikemba Saint Laurent" It will be a line of pleated skirts for ibo men.

Lol. Ikemba the Abidjan Bandit (ITAB would be the logo) would be more appropriate looool. It will be similar to School of Hard Knocks (SOHK) from the 90s loool.

Not surprised they picked wrappers as their trad clothing for men based on how emotional Igbo men are loool.

1 Like

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Shymm3x: 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Duru1:

I thought you were smart enough to, at least, separate a chaff from the seed. Bros Ndiigbo will accept Yari.ba challenge on anything, anytime, anywhere even in the hell.

Lool. Ancient man, you are lucky you lot are dealing with the soft group of Yorubas. Just have fun with it.
Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by ekafine(f): 5:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
PointB:

At least an Igboman would have offered millions of Naira to buy Chief Olu Falae's farm, and he would have been happier with the exchange. But not the fulani herdmen, who came with daggers and guns, dragged the old man on the hard rocky and gritty floor, and then hold him captive for days in tortuous circumstance. And to rub salt on injury, asked for even much more money than what the Igboman would have offered the unfortunate Chief for his farm in exchange for his life.

Now between the generous Igboman, and the dangerous fulani, confused Yorobars would still wish harm upon the Igbo, and lie prostrate before the Fulani! Looks to me that the Yorobars worldview is warped!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by ProfessorPeter(m): 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
The best way to permanently solve this menace is for us to disintegrate this country. Of course Yoruba will not support it.

4 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Olaolufred(m): 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
ekafine:

Show us where fulani kidnapped a prominent Akwaibomite. Even SGF Falae confirmed that yorubrass are slaves grin grin grin grin grin

They did kidnap you before.
No one cared because of your inprominence.
But I know everyone will care if the kidnapped is prominent.

1 Like

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
Keep up the slavery, it is your custom.

7 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by ekafine(f): 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
Olaolufred:

They did kidnap you before.
No one cared because of your inprominence.
But I know everyone will care if the kidnapped is prominent.

Stop yapping son of a slave grin grin grin grin show me where a prominent Akwaibomite was kidnapped grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by solonazzy: 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:
These fulani herdsmen even warned him that if he talks careless they will come again and kidnap him. what an affront on yorubaland?

cc virginfinder
blame d governor...... Security in ondo state is very poor.... Tyms without no thieves wuld rob banks serially n go scotfree..... No hindrance.... D 1 I witnessed walked frm oja oba to cathedral shooting indiscriminately.... N no force came to repel dem..... If dat culd happen, kidnapping is a small thing den.... I remember wen in 2009 den, rogues wuld snatched ur fone along a major road, u'll report to a police Dat obviously saw d whole incidence n d criminal moving away, police wuld tell u y didn't u protect ur fone well..... Dis is nothn abt Awolowo.... Bt d crazy governor dat we wuld render useless after his tenure

1 Like

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Duru1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. Ikemba the Abidjan Bandit (ITAB would be the logo) would be more appropriate looool. It will be similar to School of Hard Knocks (SOHK) from the 90s loool.

Not surprised they picked wrappers as their trad clothing for men based on how emotional Igbo men are loool.

My grandfather once told me that I can never run away from my ass. Yari.ba are in a serious awkward predicament. You dumbasses have entered for rude awaking.

7 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Olaolufred(m): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
ekafine:

Stop yapping son of a slave grin grin grin grin show me where a prominent Akwaibomite was kidnapped grin grin grin grin

Thank you, son/daughter of an improminent cum nonentity akwa ibomite.
Isidon.

1 Like

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Shymm3x: 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
Duru1:

My grandfather once told me that I can never run away from my ass. Yari.ba are in a serious awkward predicament. You dumbasses have entered for rude awaking.

Ancient man, was ya grandfather wearing that red/white/black Igbo wooly hat in naij's hot sun, when he told you whatever he told you? And was there any ventilation?

3 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by ekafine(f): 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
Olaolufred:

Thank you, son/daughter of an improminent cum nonentity akwa ibomite.
Isidon.

You are a common slave, no wonder you reason like thisgrin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:
This is very embarrassing

She-male is here.........

Man with Female account.
Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
solonazzy:

blame d governor...... Security in ondo state is very poor.... Tyms without no thieves wuld rob banks serially n go scotfree..... No hindrance.... D 1 I witnessed walked frm oja oba to cathedral shooting indiscriminately.... N no force came to repel dem..... If dat culd happen, kidnapping is a small thing den.... I remember wen in 2009 den, rogues wuld snatched ur fone along a major road, u'll report to a police Dat obviously saw d whole incidence n d criminal moving away, police wuld tell u y didn't u protect ur fone well..... Dis is nothn abt Awolowo.... Bt d crazy governor dat we wuld render useless after his tenure

Ikorodu Bank crime that happened twice? Was security tight?

2 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Shymm3x: 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
Duru1 the dede

I'm sorry, I can NEVER take a man wearing a wrapper with this wooly hat in the sun seriously.

I'll just laugh and keep it moving. grin

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by patrick89(m): 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
Olaolufred:
IT IS HALUCINATION WHEN CLIFFORD ORJI IS NOT CALLED A CANNIBAL, BUT RATHER CALLED AN IBO.
IT IS PARTIAL MADNESS WHEN OSISIKANKWU IS NOT CALLED A KIDNAPPER, BUT CALLED AN IBO MAN.
IT IS MADNESS WHEN BOKO HARAM IS CALLED HAUSA INSTEAD OF BEING TREATED AS CRIMINALS THEY ARE.
IT IS CHRONIC LOSS OF MIND WHEN A KIDNAPPER IS NOT CALLED A CRIMINAL BUT A YORUBA.

A KIDNAPPER COULD BE AN IGBO, HAUSA OR YORUBA EXTRACT.

WHEN AN IGBO KIDNAPPER KIDNAPPED THE WIFE OF EX-SPEAKER OF OSUN STATE, DOES THAT MAKE YORUBA SLAVES TO IGBO?
evidence or shut up ! I saw their names none of them is igbo!!

1 Like

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Olaolufred(m): 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2015
ekafine:

You are a common slave, no wonder you reason like thisgrin grin grin grin grin

Take care daughter of a relegated, inprominent and nonentity akwa ibomite.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by ArodewilliamsT: 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
DFemaleBoss:
Slavery 101 done and dusted, 102 loading cheesy

What should i say now?
If slavery is legitimized again i will buy myself 20 yoruba slaves. They make the best slaves in the world. Very docile and cowardly, the 2 attributes that make perfect slaves.

11 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by ArodewilliamsT: 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
ibedun:
[s]

I can't stop laughing. Freeglobe, you are a confirmed tribalist. Baba Falaye is correct, the security of O'dua Kingdom have been neglected for sometime and that why we have this kidnap and the Igbo stampede on Lagos and the no man's land insult. The constant in life is change. We must protect our territory, our markets, our communities, infrastructure etc[/s]

DaFlash:
Let the gentle giant rest, if yoruba nation ignites the whole nation plus its surrounding neigbhors will not be spared even if others cede skimishes will still be operated beyond your borders.

If the mouth can be used as AK-47s, yorubas would have been a world power by now. grin

12 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by SonOfEl(m): 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lool. Ancient man, you are lucky you lot are dealing with the soft group of Yorubas. Just have fun with it.

shut up and stop disgracing your family tree. are you this cowardly? my God....!

6 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by ArodewilliamsT: 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
Good Morning Slaves down South

Who insulted the VP.? Elrufai

I won't be surprise to see some slaves blaming the freeborn people for the kidnap despite Falae's confession grin

Actually one yorobasta.rd called folarinlondon here ,accused the Igbos of kidnapping the wretched old man before his release. He was afraid to look his master fulanis in the face. Sai Buhari. grin

6 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by calaway: 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
donTbone:
Uncle falae, relax... Change has come!

Those fulanis go soon be caught!

But seriously, are they not taking our accommodation
for granted in Yoruba land

Am sure if it had been other way round, the fellow
herdsmen would av surfaced and probably ethical conflict would av ensued!

#sayNoToEthicalConflict
the change got him kidnapped!!

5 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by donTbone(m): 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
calaway:

the change got him kidnapped!!

U make. Me laff...

And d change freed him
Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by calaway: 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
donTbone:

U make. Me laff...

And d change freed him

Zombie and lies!!!
his money freed him odee.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/i-paid-ransom-to-regain-my-freedom-falae-confesses/221463/

1 Like

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by sherrylo: 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

cheesy cheesy grin Coming from someone whose cousins are about to be beheaded in Bangkok next week, doesn't that sound like a satire?

What?
Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Ritchiee: 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
stickncarrot:
Keep up the slavery, it is your custom.
What makes me laugh is when a conquered, slave tribe(IGBOS) begins to call their CHI(YORUBAS) slaves just for their CHI to help in securing the freedom they have been crying for...but the unfortunate fact for these conquered slave tribe is their freedom would be given to them after 200 years and there is no amount of blackmail that would change that... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by VirginFinder: 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Mr. Falae said he was kidnapped by six Fulani herdsmen last Monday at his Ilado farm in Akure. The 77-year-old warned that such attack should not be allowed to happen again as it could result to even graver consequences.

@bolded
Falae has learnt his lesson and will not rely on security agencies for his protection any longer.

“It is not because of me. As for me, I am a very humble person, but by virtue of what God has made me and the status God has given me, it is an insult to our race that a man like me could be abducted by a bunch of hoodlums,” he said.[/quiote]

@bolded

Falae underestimated the criminals who happened to be Fulani herdsmen.
He made a great mistake.

[quote]“By the way, one of them told me, he said, ‘Baba, if after you leave us you talk nonsense I will come and catch you again’. That is the kind of insult I received.”

Of course, Falae has proven not to be a coward. He has 'talked'.
On the other hand, Pete Edochie has kept quiet on his kidnap experience till tomorrow.
Let's see if the criminals will make good their promise.

Asked if the kidnappers were illiterates, he replied: “Only two of them could speak some English. They were between the ages of 25 and 35. They were Fulani, they spoke Hausa.”

I salute these illiterate criminals for recognising and respecting Falae's elderly and statesmanly status.
Otherwise, they may have harmed him or shot him especially as he had been a thorn in their flesh beforehand.
Of course, if he were an ibo slave, he would have been murdered in his farm. The criminals wont even give the family the opportunity of paying ransom. Wasnt an ibo community head murdered of recent? What of the couple in Ebonyi whose throats were slit just last week?

From demanding for 100m to accepting 5m, these Fulani herdsmen are just so 'brave'.

Mr. Falae however said it was plausible that his ordeal was closely connected to his conflict with Fulani herdsmen who consistently grazed at his farm.

“The cattle rearers have been giving me a hard time for the past two or three years. Because I have a dam on the farm, so they like to bring their cattle there to drink water, then they eat other people’s crops,” he stated.

Once again, Falae messed up by not dealing with the herdsmen once and for all and putting up measures to prevent the herdsmen from coming to his farm.
Can Fulani herdsmen visit Obasanjo farms?

“This time they ate up my maize farm, two hectares. We took pictures, and it was videoed, the police went there. They were asked to pay compensation, they begged and paid half of what we claimed and we accepted it.

If the Fulani herdsmen are what you make them up to be, they wouldnt have done the bolded.
They seemed to be sober and remorseful thereby leading Falae to let down his guard. That is even if he had any. Too bad.

“That was about two months ago. Whether it was one of them who went to bring his brothers to come and deal ‘with this wicked man’, I don’t know. It is plausible. Absolutely plausible.

The bolded says a lot. Falae must have done something that pained the herdsmen.
If he were a coward, he wouldnt dare. He would have given up farming altogether.

“My view is that this is my home. I have not gone to farm in any other person’s territory. This is my home where I was born. I have every right to farm here and live in peace here. So, this is totally unacceptable.

The more reason why Falae MUST take steps to ensure that this insult does not repeat itself.
I am highly disappointed that a man of his calibre cannot have correct bouncers, bodyguards and security men guiding him and his business especially since he started having problems with the Fulani herdsmen.

“I once told the Commissioner of Police that if he cannot protect us and protect my farm, that I will protect myself. There will be self-help if government fails to protect its citizens.

Falae should not waste time any longer in helping himself. He can hire OPC for a start. OPC are experts in dealing with stubborn northerners.

“It would have been unfortunate if that were to happen. The IG met me and gave me assurances that they will give us protection. I hope that we as a community in Ondo State and in Yoruba land as a whole must go into consultation to ensure that we enhance our protection. We cannot be slaves in our own territory.”

@bolded
Falae is merely playing on emotions so that no one will blame or accuse him when he decides to take laws into his hands.

Mr. Falae said he was not surprised that the police could not trace and arrest the kidnappers because of the manner of their movement and operation.

“These fellows were permanently on the move. Day and night they were walking. Through farm lands, through water, through swamps…they were scared, they knew they could be traced with GPRS, that was why they were running around all the time,” he said.

“I was not surprised at all that the police could not trace them before they decided to let me go.”

@bolded
Can't you see that your heros were permanently on the move?
Can't you see that your heros were always walking?
Can't you see that your heros were scared?

@OP
May your life be like the bolded since they are your heros, the 'invaders of Yoruba land'.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/190728-how-i-was-abducted-tortured-released-olu-falae.html

A criminal is a criminal.

Freeglobe, the last time your father was robbed, did it matter to him whether the robbers were ibo or Fulani?

2 Likes

Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by VirginFinder: 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
ekafine:

You are a bastard!
Mention one prominent Akwaibomite that is based in his village.
Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Ritchiee: 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
patrick89:

evidence or shut up ! I saw their names none of them is igbo!!
WHAT THEY ARE EVEN DOING IN YOUR RED MUD REGION CANNOT BE ENVISAGED...http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/activities-of-fulani-herdsmen-worry-south-east-people/

Activities of Fulani herdsmen worry South-East people

on May 07, 2015 / in Crime Alert, News 1:20 am / Comments
Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Reddit Print

By Anayo Okoli & Francis Igata

UMUAHIA-THE activities of Fulani herdsmen in some communities have become a source of great worry to the people of the South East zone. The people are worried that Fulani herdsmen have continued to kill, maim and rape women in most of the routes where they pass with their cattle for grazing wondering why the security agencies turn blind eyes to complaints from victims of robbery and rape committed by the suspected Fulani herdsmen.
Fulani-herdsman

Fulani-herdsman

Investigations by the South East Voice showed that the suspected Fulani herdsmen had maimed and killed villagers in Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia and Imo States among others in last few months without any of the security agencies arresting the culprits.

It was revealed that most of the herdsmen carry sophisticated weapons like AK 47 and Pump Action double –barreled riffles as they moved about with their cattle and could attack, rob or maim people at will.

In Abia State, there had been reports of deadly clashes between the herdsmen and communities in Ozuakoli, Bende Local Government Area and Ebem and Akanu in Ohafia and Umuchieze in Umunneochi areas among others. The clashes were occasioned by allegations by the rural farmers that the herdsmen take their cattle into their farms for grazing where they damage crops.

Also, in most of the places where the Fulani herdsmen had settled, they had always colonized such areas by claiming ownership, leading to violent clashes with the rural people. Besides farmlands in rural communities where the breeders illegally colonize as grazing grounds, the aggressive nature of the Fulani herdsmen is also said to be of great concern to the people.

A community leader in Ohafia, Chief Kalu Eze Kalu who spoke to South East Voice on the issue, expressed concern that the South East Governors’ Forum, SEGF,had not articulated any policy aimed at saving their people, despite what was happening in neighbouring states like Benue and Plateau and Nasarawa, where some tribes had been completely wiped out by the Fulani herdsmen, who claim ownership of lands in places where thy were strangers.

‘’They are always armed with dangerous weapons, including AK47 riffles, charms, daggers laced with poison and machetes and are ready to attack the farm owners at the least provocation. ‘’In Ozuakoli, a man popularly known in the areas as Ajambele was attacked last year when he confronted Fulani cattle breeders when he met their cattle destroying his farm in the Over Rail area of the community.

‘’The cattle breeder was said to have used a sharp dagger to rip open Ajambele’s stomach with his intestines gushing out. He was rushed to the hospital where he luckily survived. ‘’The cases of invasion of farmlands in Ebem and Akanu communities nearly resulted in bloodbath but for the wisdom of the leaders in the community who reported the matter to the authorities.

‘’The case was so serious that the Abia State government had to intervene to restrain the youths in the communities from retaliating. It set up a peace committee that quelled the then imminent crises,” he said and prayed the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, rtd, to assist in bringing the alleged criminal activities of the Fulani herdsmen under control.

Anger trails Fulani herdsmen activities in Enugu. Also in Enugu State communities have been grumbling over the alleged inability of security agencies to curtail the criminal activities of suspected Fulani herdsmen who had robbed, raped and killed some of their victims apart from destroying their farm lands.

From Agbakwe, Ette, Akpakume, Ebe, Opanda, Nara, Ibagwa, Ukana, Oruku, Isi -Ogbo communities where activities of herdsmen have been pronounced, farmers in the area literally live in fear of engaging in farming activities as the herdsmen have forcefully acquired massive farm lands belonging to the people for grazing activities and settlement.

In Nkpologu community, Uzo – Uwani Local Government Area last December, suspected Fulani robbers killed one Veronica Ezugwu, 23, who hailed from Agum village in the area. Ezugwu was returning to the village for her traditional marriage and the New Year when she was shot inside a commercial bus by the suspected Fulani robbers who were operating in the area.

She later died at the Annunciation Hospital, Emene, Enugu where she was rushed to in January, having sustained severe gunshot wounds during the attack...
The COWARDS WOULD ONLY RUN THEIR MOUTHS WHEN THEIR CHI(YORUBAS) ARE INFRINGED UPON...
IT IS IN THEIR DNA FOR THEM TO RUN THEIR MOUTHS AND BEAT THEIR CHESTS BUT AT THE END THEY WOULD WEAR SKIRTS LIKE WOMEN AND ..... grin grin grin grin grin grin
REMEMBER THE EFFEMINATE OJUKWU,THE BRAVEST MAN IN IGBOLAND... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns by Ritchiee: 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2015

UMUAHIA-THE activities of Fulani herdsmen in some communities have become a source of great worry to the people of the South East zone. The people are worried that Fulani herdsmen have continued to kill, maim and rape women in most of the routes where they pass with their cattle for grazing wondering why the security agencies turn blind eyes to complaints from victims of robbery and rape committed by the suspected Fulani herdsmen.
Fulani-herdsman

Fulani-herdsman

Investigations by the South East Voice showed that the suspected Fulani herdsmen had maimed and killed villagers in Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia and Imo States among others in last few months without any of the security agencies arresting the culprits.

It was revealed that most of the herdsmen carry sophisticated weapons like AK 47 and Pump Action double –barreled riffles as they moved about with their cattle and could attack, rob or maim people at will.

In Abia State, there had been reports of deadly clashes between the herdsmen and communities in Ozuakoli, Bende Local Government Area and Ebem and Akanu in Ohafia and Umuchieze in Umunneochi areas among others. The clashes were occasioned by allegations by the rural farmers that the herdsmen take their cattle into their farms for grazing where they damage crops.

Also, in most of the places where the Fulani herdsmen had settled, they had always colonized such areas by claiming ownership, leading to violent clashes with the rural people. Besides farmlands in rural communities where the breeders illegally colonize as grazing grounds, the aggressive nature of the Fulani herdsmen is also said to be of great concern to the people.

A community leader in Ohafia, Chief Kalu Eze Kalu who spoke to South East Voice on the issue, expressed concern that the South East Governors’ Forum, SEGF,had not articulated any policy aimed at saving their people, despite what was happening in neighbouring states like Benue and Plateau and Nasarawa, where some tribes had been completely wiped out by the Fulani herdsmen, who claim ownership of lands in places where thy were strangers.

‘’They are always armed with dangerous weapons, including AK47 riffles, charms, daggers laced with poison and machetes and are ready to attack the farm owners at the least provocation. ‘’In Ozuakoli, a man popularly known in the areas as Ajambele was attacked last year when he confronted Fulani cattle breeders when he met their cattle destroying his farm in the Over Rail area of the community.

‘’The cattle breeder was said to have used a sharp dagger to rip open Ajambele’s stomach with his intestines gushing out. He was rushed to the hospital where he luckily survived. ‘’The cases of invasion of farmlands in Ebem and Akanu communities nearly resulted in bloodbath but for the wisdom of the leaders in the community who reported the matter to the authorities.

‘’The case was so serious that the Abia State government had to intervene to restrain the youths in the communities from retaliating. It set up a peace committee that quelled the then imminent crises,” he said and prayed the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, rtd, to assist in bringing the alleged criminal activities of the Fulani herdsmen under control.

Anger trails Fulani herdsmen activities in Enugu. Also in Enugu State communities have been grumbling over the alleged inability of security agencies to curtail the criminal activities of suspected Fulani herdsmen who had robbed, raped and killed some of their victims apart from destroying their farm lands.

From Agbakwe, Ette, Akpakume, Ebe, Opanda, Nara, Ibagwa, Ukana, Oruku, Isi -Ogbo communities where activities of herdsmen have been pronounced, farmers in the area literally live in fear of engaging in farming activities as the herdsmen have forcefully acquired massive farm lands belonging to the people for grazing activities and settlement.

In Nkpologu community, Uzo – Uwani Local Government Area last December, suspected Fulani robbers killed one Veronica Ezugwu, 23, who hailed from Agum village in the area. Ezugwu was returning to the village for her traditional marriage and the New Year when she was shot inside a commercial bus by the suspected Fulani robbers who were operating in the area.

She later died at the Annunciation Hospital, Emene, Enugu where she was rushed to in January, having sustained severe gunshot wounds during the attack.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/activities-of-fulani-herdsmen-worry-south-east-people/
ArodewilliamsT:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/activities-of-fulani-herdsmen-worry-south-east-people/

If the mouth can be used as AK-47s, yorubas would have been a world power by now. grin
You can say that again.. conquered one..no matter the blackmail you would always be used as modern slaves and there is no amount of crying that would erase that...

Fulani-herdsman

Fulani-herdsman

She later died at the Annunciation Hospital, Emene, Enugu where she was rushed to in January, having sustained severe gunshot wounds during the attack.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

SERAP Drags FG, Kano To UN Over ‘arbitrary Detention Of Sanusi’ / I Will Support You - Governor Umahi Congratulates Tinubu / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.