Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) (60186 Views)

Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them / Paul Allen Unveils World's Largest Plane With Two Cockpits(Photos). / How To Clear GOTV E016 And E48-32 Error Message (step By Step) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by MrLouisVanGaal1: 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2015
Explorers:

Lol.....Actually, there are three major factors that causes plane crash;

* Human factor (Pilot's error, highjack).

* Mechanical factor(Failure/malfunctioning of the engine, instruments, or some parts of the plane).

* Climatic factor(Lightning, thunder, storm, turbulence).

Lightning can cut off the power of a plane, but now most new generation plane are designed with lightening proof.

Thanks sir..
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by cosxzbay: 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nice security tip about the best rows to sit.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
cosxzbay:

lol...na that one i like pass.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
cosxzbay:

lol...na that one i like pass. Very close to emergency exit.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by favourmic(m): 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nah God dey save me as I dey go and come o, chai RIP to those have lost their life on plane
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by favourmic(m): 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nah God dey save me as I dey go and come o, chai RIP to those have lost their life on plane.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by iguita: 11:49pm On Sep 30, 2015
Maybe we're different.

I am scared of take-off but it wears off in five minutes. But landing? I start feeling the plane descend even before the pilot announces descent.
victorazy:

Believe it or not, take-off is the most difficult cuz the thrust engines do more of works than landing. Landing, the pilot only need to reduce the speed of the engines, position the canbins, that's all. I remebered traveling from Abuja to Lagos, I didn't notice when the plane landed.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by iamnaf(m): 11:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
Explorers:

Lol.....Actually, there are three major factors that causes plane crash;

* Human factor (Pilot's error, highjack).

* Mechanical factor(Failure/malfunctioning of the engine, instruments, or some parts of the plane).

* Climatic factor(Lightning, thunder, storm, turbulence).

Lightning can cut off the power of a plane, but now most new generation plane are designed with lightening proof.

you forgot to include microburst in the climatic factors, that stuff is a plane killer
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by iamnaf(m): 11:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
sugah:

1, autopilot CAN disengage itself.
2, really? George doesn't work below 1000ft?

Captainboris better not waste your money on flight school if your authority is this 'man'.

Explorers very good information gathering. I wonder when the Nigerian AIB would start making reports available to the public. Others would learn from mistakes made...Aviation is the only place where experience is not necessarily the best teacher.

I guess if the Nigerian AIB starts making reports available to the public, then most(if not all) of our indigenous airline companies will run out of customers because the reports would uncover lots of shaddy stuffs in the aviation sector
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by sugah: 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
iamnaf:

I guess if the Nigerian AIB starts making reports available to the public, then most(if not all) of our indigenous airline companies will run out of customers because the reports would uncover lots of shaddy stuffs in the aviation sector

Wouldn't that force the operators to be accountable though?
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by iamnaf(m): 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
sugah:

Wouldn't that force the operators to be accountable though?
yes its going to force them and if we have a better level of accountability, lots of factors will increase like survival rate, reduced accidents, improved maintenance and improved performance. Though some companies might find it hard to accomplish all that. God help Nigeria
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by MrBasketball: 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
omosefeeguaibor:
More reasons why i'll keep flying
You be witch?shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by casanova96(m): 3:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
victorazy:

Yee! Take-off is most challenging cuz its fights the force of gravity which is the most difficult force of the universe. Only one man the force respected, his name is "Jesus"

1 Like

Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Syphonn(m): 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2017
TOP PHONES RELEASED IN 2017 THAT ARE WATERPROOF

Cell phones and different gadgets intended to be waterproof, and in addition dustproof, get a rating from a gathering known as the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). The rating comes as the two letters “IP” which remains for Ingress Protection took after by a two-digit number. The primary number characterizes the level of assurance against tidy, soil and sand. The second number alludes to the level of insurance against water.
Take a look at the top smartphones that are waterproof and were released this year

READ MORE http://www.busygisting.com/top-waterproof-smartphones-2017/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today / Huge Python Killed In Ore, Ondo State (Pictures) / 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.