Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Sport Betting And The Future Of Ajegunle...... An Article - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sport Betting And The Future Of Ajegunle...... An Article (614 Views)

Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East / PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths / This Is The Ajegunle CNN Won't Show You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sport Betting And The Future Of Ajegunle...... An Article by imohchard(m): 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
***I JUST DEY OBSERVE***(Part 2)
With a smile I said to her "Ajegunle isn't what it used to be, the ghetto has changed". Yes! .. Then it was true, the crime rate had reduced , the days of Kalala, Anini, Naira and many other famous thieves that terrorised the streets slowly dropped.
I remember seeing them burnt to Charcoal along the road on my way to school, jungle justice had caught up with them. The message was clearly sent, "Steal no more or just don't get caught". Many retired, some became bus drivers, others conductors and yet others Okada riders(Commercial motor cyclist)
Many years has past now and I've perceived a smell, emanating from that boiling hot cauldron. "Whatever time is cooking can not be good, as long as it's cooking from the kitchen of this system".
"I just dey observe" ... and in the words of "Baba Fryo" ... "I must throw a stone, and anybody the stone meets should take heed" ... I've observed ... The unholy marriage between SPORTS and BETTING... (NairaBET, 1960BET, MegaBET, WhateverBET) Bet Shops have filled the ghetto streets now, and as a strong believer in the Law of CAUSE and EFFECT I ask ... What will be the EFFECT of this UNHOLY MARRIAGE? .
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to calculate, and trust me you don't even need a calculator, just join me lets put 2 and 2 together, like I said before .. I'm no Psychologist neither am I a Sociologist, so I still call on the professionals to tell me if I'm wrong.
Children, Mostly boys within the age of 9 to 17 are always found at this bet shops in multitudes, gambling away!! , but why wont they? When their fathers and elder brothers have gambling tickets starched up in their wallets.
Now to gamble, you need money and for children that age, who clearly don't have jobs, they have to get this money from somewhere! Ahaa!!! Their mothers "Akpowo" (Money Bag) will do!! or Fathers trouser pocket! . In time as they grow and get more confident and their appetite increases, ...Mothers "Akpowo" and Daddy's pocket wont cut it anymore, they have to take it outside.
Do I need to go on and on? Look around and tell me you don't see that we're brewing a new generation of young thieves? and I'm not talking about some future event, the bag snatching and window cutting has already begun, the ghetto will recede and most likely surpass it's past crime ratio, if nothing is done. The question is ... What can be done?
‪#‎I_just_dey_observe‬ .
Re: Sport Betting And The Future Of Ajegunle...... An Article by RealSleek(m): 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
wharis my own?
Re: Sport Betting And The Future Of Ajegunle...... An Article by imohchard(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
google
RealSleek:
wharis my own?

(1) (Reply)

How This Nigeria Young Guy Is Making #10,000 Daily On Fiverr. / Change! Perfumes Now Cost More!! / ‘el-rufai Lied, Jonathan Didn’t Spend N64bn On Independence’--punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.