Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Science Graduates Aiming At ACCA Meet Here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Science Graduates Aiming At ACCA Meet Here (997 Views)

Insurance And Actuarial Science Graduates Lets Meet Here / Job Opportunities For Biological Science Graduates. / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Science Graduates Aiming At ACCA Meet Here by laplace(m): 7:36pm On Apr 18, 2009
Fellows,
I am a graduate of Mathematics from a university in Nigeria, as well as a student member of ACCA.  I know there are a lot of Nigerian graduates who hold the prestigious professional certification, and who can become mentors to smart upcoming and talented hopefuls.  I am also aware of the fact that there are folks in the house who are aspiring to  become chartered.  We appear to have a lot in common: same backgroung (science), no prior knowledge of the language in accounting and finance (JJCs), and a host of others. 

As science graduates who are now charter holders, could you please share with us how you scaled through the 'thicks' and 'thins'?  Could you please be of help and mentor the upcoming but very determined ones?

As science graduates who are aspiring charter holders, could you please discuss openly your problems, issues,. concerns, fears, doubts?  Let us be strong and be our brothers' keepers.  We will definitely make it to the top.
Re: Science Graduates Aiming At ACCA Meet Here by laplace(m): 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2009
I am aware that the registration is 25K, study texts 6.5K each and each paper (F1-F3) is 50 pounds each.
Re: Science Graduates Aiming At ACCA Meet Here by candylips(m): 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2009
thats a very good move. i am also a science graduate (engineering actually) but i am taking a slightly different route.

I absolutely hate accounting but love finance in general so i am currently doing the CFA exams.
it covers pretty much all aspects of modern finance (like . accounting, corporate finance, equity valuation,fixed income, etc)

I wish you good luck in your ACCA though.

(1) (Reply)

Best Places To Work Award 2012 / Subsea Engineer Zone- Let Us Know You / Why Qualified Candidates Don’t Get Hired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.