Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond (17085 Views)

18 States That Will Benefit From $500m World Bank Projects / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Seeks Emergency Powers To Tackle Economy / Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by luvmijeje(f): 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
If it's under Fashola administration, my mind will be at rest....... . It's well.
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by disloman(m): 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
baralatie:

did you understand what you read and its implication
What is its implication?Tell us,we want to know.
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by wiseoneking: 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hmnn, Lagos state is living wholly on loan and bonds upon the billions of dollars fashola borrowed. Richest state but heavily indebted. Poor lagos, shining on crystals of borrowed coloured robes.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by Bevista: 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
A state loan that was already requested and approved long before PMB became president.

The only reason why PMB is sending a request letter to the NA is because it is a foreign loan and so requires Sovereign backing. Also, it may have been included in the loan offer letter that one of the "conditions precedent to drawdown" is that the president must make the request on behalf of the state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by phransix147(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
jideprof:

Create you say? #SMH
Are u happy?
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by tommykiwi(m): 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
Why Lagos ? When only Amaechi and Fashola can assist the country with dat amount of money from the cash they both looted.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by baralatie(m): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
disloman:
What is its implication?Tell us,we want to know.
as at now what is your foreign debt stock and add this to it.factor your present exchange rate and think ahead if the naira is devalued in the long run.what and how it will affect your state,and debt servicing

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by 247notire(m): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
paramedic:
Omg
Hope this doesn't end up in a private acc belonging to a certain individual that owns the whole of southwest
Lol, no names but we know who. Ur siggy, hope u bought that album, yes?
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by baralatie(m): 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
wiseoneking:
Hmnn, Lagos state is living wholly on loan and bonds upon the billions of dollars fashola borrowed. Richest state but heavily indebted. Poor lagos, shining on crystals of borrowed coloured robes.
you see the problem!
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by Youceemeri: 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hello great nairalanders pls i need your financial help to solve to problem which is been affecting me since d turn of the year...I need this cash to paid for a room for me and my son (Shelter). They have served us quit notice.. There's no business i could venture in that would yield maximum return at this moment, beside am on street now running up and down to make our end for food, am not lazy i can do any work but not into robbery pls i just want to be a good daddy for my son since his mum is late, i believe downfall of a man not the end, all i need is a roof over our head so i could be able to cool down and find job to make him proud.. The money i need is #20,000 to get a room..Any financial help would be greatly appreciated...I know there is good people out there who can help me .......May God bless and reward u all.

NB: Check My Signature for more info nothing is small.

@admin pls no removed this oo if am okay today i can help someone else tmw i need help than doing something stupid thanks.
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by TechWalker007: 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
Buhari is duller than we thought.
Lagos is the capital of corruption in Nigeria and Buhari is giving the Chief theif more to embezzle

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by oghenevoke: 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
160B on rail and its not running or near completion yet

KONTINU sad
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by francizy(m): 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2015
modath:
Eko oti baje tan!!
Owo yen pò

I am not going to sleep well tonight at all!
Sai baba owo yiya
Sai Jagaban awon ole!

Long live federal Republic of LOANgeria.

Fixed.. grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by disloman(m): 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
baralatie:

as at now what is your foreign debt stock and add this to it.factor your present exchange rate and think ahead if the naira is devalued in the long run.what and how it will affect your state,and debt servicing
You just focused on the negative side.Do you know what the money is meant for?The money is not for paying of salary but to develop the state.If the money is used to complete the monorail and other projects.Won't those project generate revenue?Money is use to make money.I understand your point but we gat to believe that era where money is been looted/stolen.I feel you bro.
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by dabossman(m): 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2015
Lagosians, keep your eyes on the money. A couple of years down the line, we will ask questions. Dats all!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
Good!

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by atlwireles: 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
[s]
Bevista:
A state loan that was already requested and approved long before PMB became president.

The only reason why PMB is sending a request letter to the NA is because it is a foreign loan and so requires Sovereign backing. Also, it may have been included in the loan offer letter that one of the "conditions precedent to drawdown" is that the president must make the request on behalf of the state.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by eaglechild: 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
I thought Lagos was self sufficient and can take care of itself.

What has APC done with the billions of naira worth of revenue it has been allegedly generating for the past 16 years.

I am really sorry for Nigeria by the time APC is done with us our debt profile will send us into slavery
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
At what point does a country decide that they have collected too much debt?
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by poiZon: 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
disloman:
Wowwwww.I believe n know this amount will be spent on what it is meant for.If na under gej's regime,believe mi.That will be the last time you heard about it.

that means oga jona was also d governor of lagos state, hmmm.
people steewpeed sha o.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by aresa: 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
Firefire:
Buhari why ?

Two things are involved.

1. You are either paying back in style the money invested in your campaign or
2. You are attempting to redeem your image as a result of your evil deed during Pa Lateef Jankande era of you cancelling Lagos rail project.

However, the debt profile of Lagos state is getting too high, The highest debtor in Nigeria (both domestic and foreign) Lagos is now highly geared; don't tell me the Gearing Ratio is healthy compare to its liquidity.

Mortgaging our future generation must stop.

N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project and rail still in slow motion from Canada after 7 years of Fashola inspection.

Lagos EKO Secondary School Project Loan of $137 Million USD has no impact - Gone into tin air.

The school loan was followed by an approval of additional $200m to the state by World Bank to support the state reforms pertaining to fiscal sustainability, budget planning, budget execution and the investment climate.

All this Millions of Dollars Loans, Bonds and several other facilities despite the state high IGR which covers about 70% of its annual budget without recording what accrue to the state for the federation accounts.

Something is wrong and my people are not asking questions. undecided

Ambode Inherits N418.2 Billion Debt Burden

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ambode-inherits-n418-2-billion-debt-burden/210573/[/i

Lagos State

DELTA STATE AND N700BILLION DEBT

http://www.thecabletimes.com/delta-state-and-n700billion-debt/

Delta State

Illiterate biafra villager. @ N700 Billion, small Delta state owe N200 Billion more than Lagos state.

And while I can show you what Lagos state did with their debt, you can not show me what Delta state did with even 1 kobo of their N700 Billion debt..

You biafra villages have debts too, but you can not show us what they did with their debts..

You biafra losers really should spend more time worrying about your worthless and backward villages instead of spewing ignorance and tales on the internet...
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by disloman(m): 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
poiZon:

that means oga jona was also d governor of lagos state, hmmm.
people steewpeed sha o.
This confirms how shallow-mind you wailers are.Wisdom is needed.Don't know who I will direct you to cos your father sef is a dummy.
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by mart2k(m): 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2015
tola9ja:
WEST HAM ALSO LOAN MOSES AND HE IS DELIVERING FOR THEM
o bad gan ni
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by forgiveness: 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
Firefire:
Buhari why ?

Two things are involved.

1. You are either paying back in style the money invested in your campaign or
2. You are attempting to redeem your image as a result of your evil deed during Pa Lateef Jankande era of you cancelling Lagos rail project.

However, the debt profile of Lagos state is getting too high, The highest debtor in Nigeria (both domestic and foreign) Lagos is now highly geared; don't tell me the Gearing Ratio is healthy compare to its liquidity.

N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project and rail still in slow motion from Canada after 7 years of Fashola inspection.

Lagos EKO Secondary School Project Loan of $137 Million USD has no impact - Gone into tin air.

The school loan was followed by an approval of additional $200m to the state by World Bank to support the state reforms pertaining to fiscal sustainability, budget planning, budget execution and the investment climate.

All this Millions of Dollars Loans, Bonds and several other facilities despite the state high IGR which covers about 70% of its annual budget without recording what accrue to the state for the federation accounts.

Lagos state is no longer buying the H5 and H6- series subway train, they have opted for the Chinese built train instead.
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by aresa: 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
forgiveness:

Lagos state is no longer buying the H5 and H6- series subway train, they have opted for the Chinese built train instead.

LAMATA opts for Chinese Trains for the Lagos Light Rail

It should be noted that between 2010-2013, there was a lot of talk both officially and unofficially about Lagos State's desire to purchase refurbished subway cars from Toronto Metro for use in the ongoing Lagos Light Rail development. Blackborderbuild have been able to confirm however that the deal has failed to materialize with the H5 Car series of the Toronto Metro being scrapped entirely and only a few H6 Car Series remaining. LASG had initially planned to acquire 255 units of H5 and H6 trains.

It may be pontificated that the reason why LASG refused to go through with the contract and opt for Chinese EMUs (Electric Multiple Units) may be as a result of two issues

http://www.blackborderbuild.com/nigeria-updates/lamata-opts-for-chinese-trains-for-the-lagos-light-rail

Most of these backward villagers are ignorant illiterates. All they do is spew unintelligent rubbish on the internet..
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by aresa: 8:05pm On Sep 29, 2015

Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by poiZon: 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
disloman:
This confirms how shallow-mind you wailers are.Wisdom is needed.Don't know who I will direct you to cos your father sef is a dummy.

did jona also doubled as lagos state govr? granting loans n embezzling it?
big moomoo
my dummy papa better pass the best of the best of ur entire literally foolish generation.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by aresa: 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
Fashola beats Jonathan in railway devt —Group

A socio-political group, Forward Nigeria Initiative, has described President Goodluck Jonathan’s railway reform as dubious, insisting that the light rail project of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, is a much bigger achievement.

The President of the group, Mr. Lai Omotola, said during an interview with journalists on Tuesday that Jonathan had only been able to refurbish a few coaches and tracks but did not buy modern trains.

He also berated Jonathan for saying Nigerians were not taking trains before his administration, insisting that thousands of Lagosians used trains every day.

Omotola said, “Of all the things that Jonathan has been doing, which area can we say marvels Nigerians? He has talked so much about rail but the transformation of the rail he is talking about is the rehabilitation of the tracks that have been in existence since the time of our colonial masters.

“After rehabilitating the tracks, he put locomotive trains on it; that is not transformation. But if the rail was turned into high-speed rail, then that would be transformation.

“If you compare Fashola’s railway transformation with that of Jonathan in the face of the cost and its impact, what Fashola is investing in that blue line is far more impressive than what Jonathan claims to be doing across the country.

“By the time Fashola completes the blue line, you will see elevated tracks. The tracks will run across the Marina lagoon. That is real transformation. It means you can be in your office in a high-rise building in Marina and see train operating over the water. That is what we call transformation, not locomotives on rehabilitated tracks.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/fashola-beats-jonathan-in-railway-devt-group/
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by disloman(m): 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
poiZon:

did jona also doubled as lagos state govr? granting loans n embezzling it?
big moomoo
my dummy papa better pass the best of the best of ur entire literally foolish generation.
What you don't know,you will never know.If you want to learn,keep calm and swallow your pride.I will tell you what I mean.This is my last word with you.
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by babestella: 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
byrron:
"However, Buhari explained that the raise was needed to accommodate the “huge amount of capital” required to bridge the infrastructure gap in the country".

REALLY!!!! so the $500m loan for Lagos state and the so called diaspora bond will now bridge the infrastructural gap in the Country?

Is the FEC Meeting now abolished?

I am not sure what this man is doing?

Where is our Finance minister to evaluate the implications of all these loans being granted at this time when oil prices is all time low. We are further going deep into debt and tomorrow they will tell Nigerians how much we are owing WB.

I hope the loans are not being approved only for APC states? The other day it was Edo state, now Lagos, maybe next will be Katsina.
Re: Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
Firefire:

I weep when I look at all the money Nigeria politician borrow without structures in place to pay back, I tell myself so it's our children children unborn that will be paying all these interest and loan back...

imagine just to go from iyana-iba to mile 2 is hours everyday since 4years ago and its not looking as if it would change in 2yrs time, no road no rail.
The construction company self will not use there church mind and the the road work fast because nobody will talk to them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian-born WYO President-general Assumes Office / I'm Not Afraid - FFK Reacts To Buhari's Order To Clampdown On Social Media Posts / PDP Members Booed Buhari Because He Refused To Bribe Them - Kazure (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.